Start by marking “Make: Getting Started with Processing” as Want to Read:
Make: Getting Started with Processing

Make: Getting Started with Processing

Learn computer programming the easy way with Processing, a simple language that lets you use code to create drawings, animation, and interactive graphics. Programming courses usually start with theory, but this book lets you jump right into creative and fun projects. It's ideal for anyone who wants to learn basic programming, and serves as a simple introduction to graphics

Paperback
Published August 1st 2016 by Shroff Publishers & Distributors Pvt Ltd (first published June 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Make, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make

Start your review of Make: Getting Started with Processing
Dgg32
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: programming
Easy to read, nice introduction to a very versatile programming language. But if I want to put Processing further into good use, I should read some about its application in that. I know O'Reilly has a book "Visualizing Data", written by Fry, so it can be served as a in-depth exploration of Processing.
José
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una introducción simple pero entretenida a Processing y básica en programación. Se realizo tomando como ejemplo Getting Started with Arduino, se compone de teoría con ejemplos prácticos, que por jugar principalmente con la generación de gráficos e interacción humano-programa hace muy llevadero el aprendizaje. ...more
Ulina
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book covered all the basics for learning to use Processing. I couldn't find anything wrong with the book so it gets all 5 stars.
Alfi
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My lectures at school suggest this book for learning Processing. I read some parts of it, and I read this already couple times. If you are new at programming, maybe this book suite you.
Scott J Pearson
Processing is a computer language that is well-adapted to creating graphics. Its target audiences are hobbyists and professionals who are not full-time developers but who want to produce quality graphics. As the title implies, this book introduces the reader to the concepts it takes to get started. No extensive programming experience is required.

The programming environment to produce Processing graphics is accessible via a free download. This book provides plenty of examples to excite the imagin
Ahmad Almansoor
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommended

This book is a great tool to get started with programming in general.
I bought this book, initially,just to learn how to visualize data from Arduino (the last chapter in the book). However I found myself in love with Processing and what it can do.

The examples are easy to follow and well explained.
Ravi Sinha
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Processing is an amazing language. Powerful abstractions make it easy to draw interactive graphics with only a handful of lines of code. I used to think it only supports a Java-like syntax, but the Processing editor seems to indicate that I can add a JavaScript or Python 'mode' as well (not tested). The book itself is very neat, and eases you into working knowledge of Processing through small albeit concrete code examples. A pleasure to work through, and you should be able to finish the book in ...more
John Orman
Processing is a simple computer programming language that lets one use code to create drawings, animation, and interactive graphics.

This book is easy to study, and lets you jump right in to create some fun projects useful in learning computer graphics.

The Arduino open source prototyping platform is used to develop the codes. I used that to quickly write a simple program that generated a small image. So this all works!
Solomon Foster
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice introduction to the drawing tools in Processing and its fundamental language constructs. Very, very little about creating user interfaces in Processing, which was what I was hoping to get from it.
Fabrizio Bianchi
Really good introduction not only to Processing, but to programming in general.
Should be used in schools.
Rebekah Monson
Good intro and examples, but I wanted more information almost immediately. The higher-level work is entirely missing.
Микола
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: processing
Чудова книжка для початку.
Joe
Sep 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent introduction, well paced with clear examples.
Justin
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Not that much depth
John Terning
Quick and easy introduction to a surprisingly powerful language.
Jaireh
Chun Kit
May 04, 2012
J.N. Morton
Jul 01, 2020

• Getting Started with P5.Js: Making Interactive Graphics in JavaScript and Processing
  • Generative Design: Visualize, Program, and Create with Processing
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Getting Started with Arduino
  • Someone Else's Secret
  • The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own
  • The Price of Time
  • From Gutenberg to OpenType: An Illustrated History of Type from the Earliest Letterforms to the Latest Digital Fonts
  • Finding Your Voice: How to Put Personality in Your Writing
  • Cybersecurity: The Insights You Need from Harvard Business Review (HBR Insights Series)
  • Recovery's Edge: An Ethnography of Mental Health Care and Moral Agency
  • L'Arabe du futur 2 : Une jeunesse au Moyen-Orient, 1984-1985
  • Learning Processing: A Beginner's Guide to Programming Images, Animation, and Interaction
  • I Am Not Your Enemy: Stories to Transform a Divided World
  • حارس سطح العالم
  • The Son and Heir: A Memoir
  • Web Security for Developers
  • Cells Are the New Cure: The Cutting-Edge Medical Breakthroughs That Are Transforming Our Health

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Casey Reas is Professor of Design Media Arts at UCLA and coauthor of Processing: A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists (MIT Press, 2007).