Start by marking “Primal Heat (Includes: Breeds, #8.5; Devlin Dynasty, #1; Moon Lust, #1)” as Want to Read:
Primal Heat (Includes: Breeds, #8.5; Devlin Dynasty, #1; Moon Lust, #1)

Primal Heat (Breeds #8.5 (Wolfe's Hope))

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  3,534 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
"Moonlust" by Sherri L King
Series: Moonlust #1
During Brianna's trip to the Ural Mountains of Russia, a life-threatening accident places her at the mercy of a strange, reclusive man. A man whose secrets and unquenchable hunger will change her life forever...

"Pack Law" by Lorie O'Clare
Series: Lunewulf, #1
Pack law states every female shall have three mates. It's a necessa
Published May 15th 2004 by Ellora's Cave (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Primal Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal Heat

Sophia Triad
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
(This is only for the story Wolve's Hope by Lora Leigh)

Hope’s mother in the scientist who is performing experiments on Wolve before the Breeds were set free. The evil scientist discovered that her 17 years old Hope is Wolve’s true mate. Thus, she used her daughter as a lab rat to try and make Wolve breed on her. Wolve bit and marked Hope, but did not do anything else with her.
The book starts 6 years after the escape of Wolve who abandon Hope. Now he is back, he has kidnapped Hope and he is tortu
Mojca
Ugh.

Judging by Lora Leigh's contribution (for her Breed series) I would never have thought this anthology could be bad, but I stood corrected yesterday when I read the other three stories and remained stock still in my comfy chair, staring at the pages with a disgusted/confused frown on my face.

Let's start at the beginning.

Sherri L. King's Moon Lust was amateurish in tone, style, and use of the language. The end result: the story was so boring and "frigid" I couldn't wait for it to end.

Lori O'C
Barbara ★
Anthologies aren't my thing as there simply isn't enough pages per story to fully develop anything so stories are rushed and unfulfilling. This one is no different. I read this simply because it had a moon on the cover and was less than 200 pages (for a challenge of course). Unfortunately none of the stories were very good and basically consisted of sex for the sake of sex since the plots were lacking any substance. I've read all of these authors full length novels and enjoyed their tales.

Moon
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
1. Sherri L. King's story was so stupid. Sorry. Girl halls down a mountain in Russia, falls for a guy in a cabin who helps her, has lots of sex. Mated, the end. OOOOOkkkk! No spoilers, don't tell me you didn't see that coming. Names aren't even important. Corny sex stuff. 40 pgs

2. Lori O'Clare - GOOD GOD! I laughed my a** off. All it is is a short story of a werewolf girl who has to be mated to 3 men, because her grandma said. I wish my grandma was that cool! LOL! anyway, her main dude decides s
Carolyn F.
May 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Anthology.

1. Moon Lust by Sherri L. King. Brianna's uncle dies and makes her promise to see Russia because he was never able to go back home. Well, she goes on a tour of an old growth forest, gets lost, falls and is rescued by a Russian werewolf. Now they have to see if she is able to handle who/what he is. Very sweet story.

2. Lunewulf: Pack Law by Lorie O'Clare. Sophie has 3 mates chosen for her including Nik who she has always had a crush on since High School. Nik mates with her first becomin
Rhapsody
Jan 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
I only read Lora Leigh's story Wolfe's Hope. My first exposure to Leigh. I was actually impressed, I'm not into erotica really but she's a great writer. This one was short and pretty cut and dry. Wolfe was created in a lab with human and wolf DNA. The evil scientist who created him gave him her daughter because she wants to study his progeny. He marked hope as his mate, but never made love to her. Eventually, he escaped the lab. Six years later, he comes looking for hope because he thinks that s ...more
Cindy
Feb 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Good read. Contains several short stories linked to series:

Moonlust By Sherri L King Book 1 in the Moonlust series
Pack Law By Lorie O'Clare Book 1 of the Lunewulf series
Running Mate By Jaci Burton Book 1 in the Devlin Dynasty series
Wolfe's Hope By Lora Leigh Book 1 in the series Wolf Breeds
Julie
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
didn't like this one as much as other breeds stories -it was extremely short, even for an anthology and Wolfe was pretty much a dick for most it. Big fan of breed stories but could have past this one up, and I hate saying that...
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great mixture of writers. Hot and sexy. I did buy in for Breeds and wild riders but other story's were great too.
Rbeey
Nov 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
short ,hot & entertaining Read when u only want a little some-some. nicely done.
Dina
Read:
- 'Wolfes Hope' by Lora Leigh (3 stars)

Did Not Finish:
- 'Moonlust' by Sherri L. King
- 'Running Mate' by Jaci Burton

Avoid:
- 'Pack Law' by Lorie OClare (ménage)
Elizabeth
Nov 21, 2008 rated it liked it
anthology
78sunny
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hier die einzelnen Rezis zu den 4 Kurzgeschichten:
Sherri L. King „Moon Lust“ (Moon Lust #1)
Kurz-Meinung:
Die Geschichte war sehr oberflächlich und es ging mal wieder nur um das eine. Die Protagonistin hat alles in ihrem Leben verloren, was ihr lieb war. Wie praktisch um einen Neuanfang zu machen. Als sie nach Russland aufbricht (wegen des letzter Wunsch ihres Onkels), weiß sie allerdings nicht, dass sie nicht mehr zurückkehren wird. Für den Leser war es sowas von 'mit dem Zaunpfahl vor den Ko
Katie
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Wolfe's Hope by Lora Leigh

This isn't exactly a novella that I wanted to read, but that I'm glad that I did read.  I'm quite honestly getting tired of all the Feline Breed novels.  I see more of them than anything else at this point and it’s not a good thing.  This novella brought the Wolf Breeds to light and for this I'm very thankful for.  Hopefully there's going to be more novels based on this species, because at this point in time I'm starting to get pretty bored with Lora Leigh's novels.  S
Caitlin
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
"Wolfe's Hope" by Lora Leigh is the 10th book in her Breeds story. It is a short story that starts when Hope is 17 and forced to mate with Wolfe by her bitch evil mother. The lab was set on fire and Hope was lead to believe Wolfe was dead so for 6 years she lived in a hell of grief and arousal, but when Wolfe shows up he is furious with her and she doesn't know why.

"Moon Lust" by Sherri L. King is about an American tourist who is in the forest of Russia who ends up injured. Her rescuer is a Ivan
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Moon Lust: 2 Stars. This is a very short read. The relationship with Ivan & Brianna went from wounded gal from the woods to life mate. It just seemed to be a short story full of whole lotta random sex.

Pack Law: 2 Stars. This story involves a very young female named Sophie. She finally receives word of who her three mates will be and cannot wait to sleep with all of them. The language was a bit bothersome. The lack of the pursuit of a relationship was irritating. She just seemed very childis
Lorraine Lesar
Nov 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Disappointed in the Lora Leigh's Breeds story, but loved the rest. I bought this book purely for Hope's and Wolfe's story, as this being the start of the Wolf Breed series, and I wanted to see how the Wolf Breeds came out of the labs and survived and obviously how Hope and Wolfe "got together". I realised that this was a short story and it did indeed fill in some of the gaps but not all and with Hope being tied to a bed for 90% of this story, it left me wanting a lot more and Lora could have don ...more
Lani
Aug 17, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was not a great book.
Four stories in one book and the first two were really bad.

Moon Lust was about an overweight unattractive woman who gets rescued/kidnapped by a Psychopath wolf with a thick Russian accent. It makes it seem that she stays with him because she can't do any worse.

Pack Law was immature in both dialoge and plot.

Running Mate I didn't mind, it was so much better than the first two. But the whole turning into a dog thing and having "pups" doesn't do much for me.

The forth is th
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I havent read the others but one but I will at a later time but I only read Lora Leighs story Wolfe's Hope, and it was a very fast read but long story short, Wolfe survived the explosives he set in the labs and saved his pack and wanted to go back for Hope but never did until 6 years later after being set up by Hopes mother to bring in out in the open by sending him photos of Hope having men having sex with her. Wolfe kidnaps Hope in getting answers about her mother but Hope was being used as we ...more
Linda
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
This review is for Lora Leigh's "Breed" story "Wolfe's Hope". I have read every one of the "Breed" books and have reread a lot of them but not this one. I didn't like this story at all. But that's JMHO! I know others that liked it but I ain't one of them.. All I could think was I wanted to hit Wolfe upside the head more than once and wanted Hope would grow a "backbone".

I have not read the other stories in this book but only because they are both part of series by the authors and I haven't read t
Bridget
First story was very short (by Sherri L. King) with an interesting version of shifters. i would read her again. Rest of the book was rather dull. I only read these anthologies to test different authors, but the stories are usually not very satisfying, being crammed into such short reads. Wolfe's Hope by Lora Leigh is one of the Breeds, which is a series I do enjoy.
Michelle
May 10, 2011 rated it liked it
I wasn't bowled over by any of these stories. The LL story was a necessary read to continue the Breeds series, but the whole story was about Wolfe using sex and dominance to get Hope to admit she betrayed him. I didn't find any romance in it at all. The other three stories were about the same, and I pretty much skimmed them.
melissa
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Probably a 2 1/2. I know being short stories they had to focus on the steamy steamy, but some more plot would have been nice. Also, I'm probably showing a bit of my vanilla side, but it would have been nice had just 1 of the stories not involved anal. Perhaps the cover could have showed the guy's ass as a heads up.
Angel Ruess
I really enjoyed most of the stories in this anthology, with the exception of Pack Law. I didn't like that Sophie was referred to as "Bitch" even though they were using it in the actual sense of the word. It just didn't sit right. I also felt really bad for the other 2 mates. It was my first by that author, and probably my last.
Erin Robbins
Jun 11, 2007 rated it it was ok
Four short stories labeled as "romantica" I found myself wondering where the romance was. I understand short stories are often lacking in the build up and character development, but some of these left me wondering how you can claim romance when you are sharing you love with other men or worse using sex as torture.
Nancy
Aug 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
A great erotic read with lots of really good stort stories. Don't expect to we wowed by the stories cause it's really just sex, sex and more sex. My favourite was Jaci Burton's story despite one scene that was a bit on the weird side. It was a quick fun read but look elesewhere if you want romance with your erotica.
Natalie
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a collection of several erotic-ish Paranormal Romance shorts from different authors of shiftchanger series. They were predictable and not really noteworthy enough to intrigue you into reading more of the series unless you already have - such as the Lora Leigh Breeds series. Several scenes of backdoor action here.
FayAnn  Hollcroft
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leigh-lora
All in all this was an interesting anthology. Even though the 1st story (the Russian mountains 3) wasn't up to my liking, this book averaged to be a 4. That's because the last 2 stories were like 5's to me. The 2nd story (pack law requiring females to mate w/3 males 3.5) was better the 1st, slightly.
Kathy Davie
Sep 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
Jaci Burton's Devlin Dynasty: Running Mate was good!!! I want to read more!

Sherri King's Moon Lust was unimpressive.

Lora Leigh's Wolfe's Hope (Breeds, 10) was very disappointing. I can't believe I waited three months to get this book...

Lorie O'Clare's Pack Law (Lunewolf, ?) had lots of sex, but the writing is too primitive, simplistic...

Darcy
Jul 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
I don't often read all the stories in an anthology, but in this one all of the stories were good. They were fun, hot stories full of wild sex, each one around 50 pages so the storyline happened very fast.
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #5.5; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #10.5; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Manaconda (Trek Mi Q'an #6) (Horde Wars #4)
  • A Wish, a Kiss, a Dream (Cowboys and Captives, #2; Dream, #4)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 1)
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
  • Man of Her Dreams
  • Wicked Wishes
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Dane (The Lords of Satyr, #5)
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Hearts Are Wild (Wild, #5)
  • Scent of Passion (Rutledge Werewolves, #1)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh

Breeds (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3; Wolf Breeds, #1)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #9; Wolf Breeds, #3)
  • Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #10; Wolf Breeds, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be