Start by marking “Python Fluente: Programação Clara, Concisa e Eficaz” as Want to Read:
Python Fluente: Programação Clara, Concisa e Eficaz

Python Fluente: Programação Clara, Concisa e Eficaz

A simplicidade de Python permite que você se torne produtivo rapidamente, porém isso muitas vezes significa que você não estará usando tudo que ela tem a oferecer. Com este guia prático, você aprenderá a escrever um código Python eficiente e idiomático aproveitando seus melhores recursos – alguns deles, pouco conhecidos. O autor Luciano Ramalho apresenta os recursos essenc ...more
Published 2015 by Novatec

To ask other readers questions about Python Fluente, please sign up.
Elias Yup, seems the number of pages showing here in GoodReads is for the early release.
Final version is much longer, 750 seems accurate (I have the mobi ve…more
Final version is much longer, 750 seems accurate (I have the mobi version).(less)

Start your review of Python Fluente: Programação Clara, Concisa e Eficaz
Jascha
Among the books that are currently populating my Goodread's wishlist are no less than 20 titles dedicated to the Python language. They range from Django up to pandas, passing through Twisted and Test-Driver Development. Time is limited, so they often end up waiting in queue for months. But when I've seen Fluent Python on that shelf I had to make it mine immediately and put it in front of that queue. Getting through this book took me several months, not only because we are talking about some 700 ...more
Renan Ivo
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is always a pleasure to read books writen by people who really understand a programming language an have good didactics. This book is one of these.

The author writes about Python with passion but without hiding its flaws and pitfalls. As I read it, I could understand some concepts that seemed a little "magical" to me and discover that some concepts didn't work the way I thought.

I recommend this book to everyone who already knows Python but wants to understand it for real.
Elias
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've just now finished reading this awesome book!

It took me several months (started reading the early release in January), there is a richness of information that it's probably a good idea to interleave with some practice to let the information sink in.
The book helped me greatly, because throughout the period I've been doing a lot of not only coding but also code reviewing, and I feel I've grown a lot as a programmer in the process.

One of the great things about this book is that after showing yo
Reece Mathews
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, programming
finally read this cover to cover (only took me two years!). a couple of things:

Python is a beautiful language. as this book notes, it’s easy for beginners and practical for professionals. the language has insane depth and capability while maintaining its simplistic and predictable syntax/design in even its more obscure components (and without preferring consistency too much over usability).

the book itself is really well written. it does a very good job of covering a very wide variety of more int
Roman
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book about programming language I've read so far. Although a bit aged, it surely isn't outdated. A lot of the concepts discussed in the book are still valid. It teaches not only how to write an idiomatic Python code, but also some of the inner workings of the language/interpreter itself. Looking forward to the 2nd edition.
Dang-Khoa Le Tan
One of the best Python books I have ever read.
Ben Hughes
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding advanced coverage of the Python language by a deep expert.

Sometime it's difficult to find learning resources that go beyond the beginner/intermediate material covered well by most programming books. Luciano covers a smattering of intermediate/advanced Python topics in "Fluent Python" that is exactly what I was looking for after reading "Introducing Python" and "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Python". Of particular interest are the chapters on Iterables/Iterators/Generators, Coroutines, an
Michael
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best Python books I've read, and one of the best tech books generally I've read. With a focus on writing correct and idiomatic Python code, Fluent Python also covers and provides good general insights into concurrency, metaclasses, and writing good clean maintainable code. Highly recommended.
Gary Boland
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not only the best Python book that I have read, it is my favourite computer science book. The Author has done a fantastic job of explaining key concepts and gives additional information by linking to blogs/talks etc. Bravo Luciano
Gonzalo Fernández-Victorio
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, it
"""Who this book is not for
If you are just learning Python, this book is going to be hard to follow"""
"I'm sure it will be fine"
[Narrator: It wasn't fine]
Seriously. This books is really good. However, I wasn't the target reader. That's why four stars and not five. But even with a rudimentary Python when I started, I've learned a lot, not specifically about Python, but about programming. For example, now I understand coroutines in Go. For example, now I understand classes can be objects as well.
A
Kirill Sklyarenko
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This books covers a range of Python areas, it has quite a few good tips and not so often discussed peculiarities of some popular aspects of Python. However, in my opinion, some of more practical subjects were not given as extensive an attention as they, may be, deserve, and that volume was given to those aspects, which are not of everyday usage. For example, as far as I understand, the author believes that context managers are a great invention, but he would not give a comprehensive view of them ...more
Mátyás Fodor
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fluent Python really helps to grasp the higher level Python functionalities, to understand what's going on under the hood, and how to harness them most effectively. Requires a few years of Python experience (time is probably not a good measure, but it's definitely not for beginners).
It's not a short and easy read, but it's worth it make your way through.
The book si full of code samples, which makes it sometimes too details, but the main idea is not to lose the readers, which makes sense. Also, i
Aidis Stukas
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book if you want to know the best practices of Python (aka writing "Pythonic Code").

This book deals with wide array of topics and does this in a very clear way.

Its a great book for anyone who already have basic knowledge of Python and would like to learn the right habits.

Recommended for those who have background in other programming languages.

The only downside of this book that it might be too hard for someone who is only starting: the book should be read early enough though, so you learn
Tejas Jadhav
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you think you know Python, read this book. That language is meant to surprise you no matter how long you've been working with it or how deep is your expertise. This book teaches you how to write good and efficient code in Python and explores all the hidden features of the language which are not always described in most of the Python literature out there. It also helps you to make the most of the language in as little code as possible.
MarkH
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, computer
Excellent information throughout. A great book for advancing beyond the Python beginner. Python has some unintuitive design decisions and this book expertly explains why those choices were made and the consequences. Also included are guidelines for writing Pythonic code that conform to standards and a good look at standard libraries. I understand the Python language at a deeper level after reading this book.
Wojtek Erbetowski
Really good, but also very long. This book took me two months to complete, but it was worth it.
tThere was a surprising and uncommon thing, as I perceived it - the author tells you not only what and how, but also *why*, linking at the same time to discussions, PEPs and other sources from the history of Python. Highly recommended to current Python users.
Salim AbdurRahman
The early chapters are clean, clear, and revelatory. The weeds thicken in the last section, and it is difficult to give clear motivation for and effective demonstration of features the author strongly cautions reads against deploying casually, but that minor flaw doors nothing to dim the light of the author’s humor and passion for his subject.
ezequiel orbe
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book for those coming to Python from other languages. Clear and concise, with lots of pointers to further documentation. I really enjoyed this book, it has unveiled a lot from Python to me.
Vaibhav
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for an intermediate Python programmer to improve further. It is not a beginner Python book.
I think it is a Python equivalent of ‘Effective Java’.
Highly recommended to become an expert in Python.
runzhi xiao
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books about python.
It took me a few month reading it. It is definitely not written for beginners as it covered lots of fancy python concepts and high level applications(decorators,concurrency,ABC,closure...) You can easily name it as top 5 best python book for advanced users.
Nahuel
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read once you get the basics of python and want to get to the next level.
Teached by example, with nice curiosities along the way and a complete section of further reading on each chapter.
Magnificent piece
Ilya
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommended, even though it's about old 3.4 python.
Miguel Sánchez
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best Python book I've read so far. Essential lecture for intermediate programmers who wish to increase their Python level.
Jan Kroken
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good - especially liked the last 3 programs on metaprogramming, but was good all through
Aly
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: coding, 2017, 2018, python
One of the best programming books I've ever read. I wouldn't quite call myself a Python master, but I do have a much better grasp of the language because of this book.
Frank Palardy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good but long book. Have to finish it some time.
Binith K
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exceptional
Dušan Maďar
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-english, top
The best book about Python I have read so far - easy to understand with tons of useful examples covering a wide range of topics.
Wei Zong
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty deep topics about python. Will read it again later
Peer Krombach

• Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
  • JavaScript: The Good Parts
  • Python Testing with Pytest: Simple, Rapid, Effective, and Scalable
  • The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
  • Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
  • Building Microservices: Designing Fine-Grained Systems
  • Python Tricks: A Buffet of Awesome Python Features
  • Cracking the Coding Interview: 150 Programming Questions and Solutions

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »