Start by marking “Marigolds and Murder (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Marigolds and Murder (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #1)

Marigolds and Murder

(Port Danby Cozy Mystery #1)

Published September 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Marigolds and Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marigolds and Murder

Start your review of Marigolds and Murder (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #1)
☕️Kimberly
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caffeinated Reason to grab Marigolds and Murder

Pumpkin Contests, a murder, an old spooky Victorian and a heroine with an insatiable curiosity. The small-seaside town will have you packing your bags and craving pumpkin bread with cream cheese icing. This is the perfect fall mystery to snuggle up with. Just grab a pumpkin spice latte and get cozy.
Since this was the first book we spent a little time getting to know Pink and the local merchants along the main street. Pink’s flower shop is si
Meg
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick, easy read. Needed a little editing but was certainly quite readable.
Betty
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
A very attractive cover and the price was right so I decided to read the book. I had never read this author and I was curious. This the first book in the Port Danby series. I found the writing was easy to read however the characters needed more development.
Lacey 'Pink' Pinkerton has left her job in the large city moving to a small port town. She is opening a flower shop and looking forward to living in a small close knitted area. She is returning home one day when she found a woman with her head
Sandee
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cozy mystery with a heroine that has a talented nose. I really enjoyed this different way of solving murder. The story is a well-written cozy, with good looking men, new friends and a set of quirky characters in the small town. I will be reading more from this series.
Nola Arganbright
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Good fall cozy

It took me a bit to get into the story. I enjoyed the characters but the plot was a little weak.
Kelcy
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 -rounding up. I really enjoyed Lacey as a character - very spunky (and also, love this cover! as an unrelated note). I've realized I like cozies with a flower/perfume/fragrance theme ...super fun to read.
The only things that were "meh" to me was her partnership with Briggs. At first it was cool they seemed to work easily together in the beginning, then he didnt like it, then he did. Just seemed a little too back and forth. The "whodunit" part also wrapped up abruptly for my taste.
Hoping th
Rachael
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Obnoxious

I wanted to like Marigolds and Murder more than I actually did.

1. Pink's age is very unbelievable. 28 years old with medical school loans, her own house and remodeled store, and she never complains or panics about bills? And she has the spare cash to go out to eat at more expensive local restaurants and for $4 organic eggs? W h a t. (To top it off, Pink mentions concern at jaywalking in front of a police station like a senior citizen and its not a joke.)

"I decided a free potted marigold
Coco.V
Aug 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (8/26/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Lacey 'Pink' Pinkerton has left behind a six figure job and her reputation as the million dollar nose—a nickname her super sense of smell earned her within the perfume industry. With her pet crow Kingston and a tabby cat named Nevermore, she is settling right into her new life in the small coastal town of Port Danby. With a flower shop opening soon and a full cast of quirky neighbors and friends, her new digs are exactly what she's been lookin
Shweta
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5. A fun cozy mystery. Pink with her super nose and nosiness is the yin to the yang of Detective Briggs. You get the flavor of small town life on the coast. All the riding around on a bike, the gossip, everybody knowing everyone's business. The novel has an episodic feel to it and many of the characters could easily make a reappearance in the upcoming novel in the series. It's only the ending that felt too easy and sudden. A little more "nose job" could have made it a 4 for me.
Amanda A
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Judi Easley
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: cozy readers!
Recommended to Judi by: n/a
178 pages, ebook, paperback
Cozy mystery
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Purchased for nook

The covers of this series are all styled the same and this one fits right into the series nicely. It shows the town of Port Danby in little cartoon-like buildings with appropriate weather across the top, clouds and sun for this one, with the trees turning their fall colors. And the marigolds from the title and the story down in the left near the title. The ca
Loraine Oliver
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
I just discovered a little gem by London Lovett called Marigolds and Murder, and I also noticed there are two more coming soon!

I loved this book! I love how there are amazing characters like Lacey 'Pink' Pinkerton, a young woman who earned a 6 figure income in a perfume factory, and just gave it up to move to a quiet village. Lacey is opening up a flower shop there and is very happy just working on her store and going home!

Another character is Detective James Briggs who meets Lacey at the scene
Susan Ferguson
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting premise. Lacey Pinkerton has a heightened sense of smell. She had to see a specialist as a child to learn to manage her nose so smells wouldn't make her sick. Lacey had bedn a medical student and quit med school to work for a perfumer because she has such a good "nose". She quit the perfume business when her fiancee, the son of the owner, felt like he was free to date others. So she moved to the small town of Port Danby and decided to open a flower shop with her pet crow, Kingston, a ...more
Avigail
Lately, I am in the mood for cozy-mystery books, and I have a lot of the first of a series both as a hard copy, an both Kindle and Scribd app.
A couple of weeks ago, as I was watching a couple of Booktube videos saw this book and decided to pick it up.
Lacey 'Pink' Pinkerton is an interesting character I liked how she snoops around and helps detective Briggs with the murder case.
The pace was fast, and the tension stayed high on the crime as well as the personal relationships, of which there are p
Shirley
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lacey has moved to a small quaint town to start life anew, much to the dismay of her mother. Her fellow shop owners and handsome neighbor, Dash, offer encouragement as she gears up to open her flower shop. Finding a dead body in a pumpkin patch throws her into the path of the intriguing Detective Briggs. Lacey's overly sensitive nose sniffs out clues that impresses the detective and Lacey persists in sticking her nose where it doesn't belong to help solve the case.

Good clean, lighthearted read,
Trish
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
I enjoyed this first book of the Port Danby Series by London Lovett. I think the series will just get better with each book as I get more invested in the characters and the town. I am still excited that the MC has a pet crow(so cool)!!! I look forward to continuing on with the second book.
Stacie  Haden
I like London Lovett's other series, so I thought I'd give this one a try. I liked the added dash of humor and I appreciate that she avoided some of the annoyances in cozy novels (like hiding clues from the police and being an overall dimwit),

I've bought the rest of the series and I'm looking forward to reading them.
Elizabeth
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
Cute and fun mystery. Good humor and fun flirtations between characters... this book was a freebie. I would read more in the series but I don’t want to pay for them and I have tons of other books to work my way through first :)
Selah Pike
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun, quick cozy read. 3.5 stars
Una Tiers
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
The book was nice in the first half. Then it seemed as if someone edited it to put it conflict. It landed with a loud thud of disappointment.
Kathy K.
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best starts to a cozy mystery series. I'm going to be sure to read the rest of the series.
Morgan Silver
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The mystery wasn't super difficult to figure out and the murder happened quite late but the main character was smart and charming and the love interests are... interesting. :)
susmithj jakes
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, quick cozy read.
Adriana
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was ok

This was an alright mystery. I liked Pink, her background story, and that she's a flower shop owner. The townspeople were interesting as well. I did think the story was a little too fast paced. The detective let her in on things too quickly. Also, the mystery didn't really grab me as much as I would have liked. More twists and turns would have been nice.
Anjenic Gibson
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020reads
Enjoyable Read

I enjoyed reading all about Pinky. With a love for flowers, murder mystery, fun, and a nose out of this world. Hard to put down. Keeps you wanting more.
Judah Kosterman
Mar 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
There may be a first draft of a short story hidden in there somewhere, but it's hard to find under all the descriptions of people and places (fully one-third of the book) and the author making sure to hit all the notes of a cozy mystery. In order. There are way, way too many times when grammar and research errors take the reader out of the story. The backstory of the main character is far more interesting than anything that happens to her. Port Danby is simply not a place I wish to spend any add ...more
Yuckamashe
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun-fluff
O.k. I will admit it. I like all kinds of murder. The too afraid to sleep with the lights off kind, the haunts your dreams the rest of your life kind and this kind. This book is the hallmark movie version of murder. Cozy town with nice people that just happen to die under suspicious circumstances. I like this new series. It's rated G if anything. I wouldn't of minded a little more action in and out of the bedroom.
Randi
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Just a delightful little cozy mystery about florists with pink hair and cute detectives and small towns. Not trying to re-invent the wheel, but what cozy mystery is? This was the cute, quick read I needed after so many heavy fantasy series last year.
Rebecca
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Low 3

Slow start -- very slow -- but it does improve once past that. Just has too much stage setting to start.
Marsha
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Marigolds and Murder" is one of those books that reads like a well loved robe that you cuddle up with on a cold evening. The town of Port Danby and the characters feel like friends you've known a while and as you read the pages there is a sense that it's just another day in the neighborhood that is until someone is murdered!

Lacey 'Pink' Pinkerton, left her six figure paying job working for Georgio fragrances as the million dollar nose to move to the small seaside town of Port Danby where she is
Nook books: September 21, 2018 1 2 Sep 21, 2018 07:16PM

• A Sip of Murder (Japanese Tea Garden #1)
  • The Secret of Seaside (Paige Comber Mystery Book 1)
  • At Wits' End (A Wits' End Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Gone With The Ghost (Murder by Design #1)
  • Murder in Cherry Hills (Cozy Cat Caper Mystery, #1)
  • Arsenic in the Azaleas (Lovely Lethal Gardens, #1)
  • Dial P For Poison (Movie Club Mysteries, #1)
  • Risky Relics (Rose Hollow Mysteries Book 1)
  • A Flair for Chardonnay (Sadie Kramer Flair, #1)
  • How to Bake a Murder (Cookie and Cream #1)
  • From Garden To Grave (The Leafy Hollow Mysteries, #1)
  • Gunpowder Chowder (Hooked & Cooked #1)
  • Death of a Dapper Snowman (Stormy Day Mystery #1)
  • Money, Murder and Mayhem (Cryptic Cove Mystery #1)
  • Death by Chocolate
  • Stiff in the Sand: Cozy Mystery (Cape Hope Mysteries Book 1)
  • A Pie to Die for (Bakery Detectives #1)
  • The Art & Craft of Murder (Whistler's Cove #1)

Port Danby Cozy Mystery (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Carnations and Chaos (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Mistletoe and Mayhem (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Roses and Revenge (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Tulips and Trouble (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #5)
  • Dahlias and Death (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Peonies and Poison (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #7)
  • Hyacinths and Homicide (Port Danby Cozy Mystery, #8)
  • Crocuses and Crime (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #9)
  • Sunflowers and Sabotage (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #10)
  • Lavender and Lies (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #11)

Articles featuring this book

As we wrap up our 2018 Reading Challenge, we decided to ask our Goodreads coworkers a simple yet tough question: What were the ...
“Lacey Pinkerton. You can call me Lacey or some people call me Pink." "I'll stick with Miss Pinkerton." My shoulders drooped. "Right. Then I have no choice but to call you Detective Briggs." "Yes, that's what I want you to call me.” 0 likes
“door to the diner open and shut. Lola had a good laugh at my expense. "Don't worry.” 0 likes