Start by marking “Empaths (Pyreans, #1)” as Want to Read:
Empaths (Pyreans, #1)

Empaths

(Pyreans #1)

Captain Jessie Cinders faces a hazardous choice. The murderer of the governor’s nephew stands before him. But, the frightened teenager, Aurelia Garmenti, doesn’t resemble the commandant’s description of the vicious, hardened killer his security forces seek.

To complicate matters, Jessie’s mind has felt Aurelia’s mental powers. The girl is an empath, who escaped the domes be
Published September 2nd 2017 by Hannon Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Empaths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empaths

Stephen
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful new space opera !

I've been reading this author since the very first book and I highly recommend the silver ships saga to anyone who has appreciation for space opera /military space opera. This new series is just simply wonderful . One can tell the author also must be an empath. One can tell he has remarkable soul . I don't do autopsies on books as a critic . I'll just say if you want to get into this author and support him as I do you will not be disappointed and you'll find when you s
Susan Angela Wallace
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Empath by s h jucha.
Aurelia Garmenti killed her tormentor with the only weapon she had, her mind. Terrified of what she’d done to the governor’s nephew, Aurelia flees the domes of Pyre and seeks safety aboard the JOS, the Pyrean space station.
A fantastic read with brilliant characters. Couldn't put it down. Can't wait for next part. 5*. S h jucha.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Empath revolves around Aurelia Garmenti, a young empath who has been held prisoner her entire life and Captain Jessie Cinders who rescues her when she escapes after causing the death of the person abusing her. As the story progresses the world of Aurelia and Jessie becomes more and more real. This is the first book in the Pyrean Series and all of the action and character development focuses on both back story and world building. It is a rather long book and I felt it could have been edited down ...more
Tony Hisgett
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
This book was a surprise, I enjoyed the author’s Silver Ships series, but this was much better. I was completely absorbed in the story and immediately after finishing the book I downloaded the second one from Amazon.
Nancy S
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!

I love the Silver Ships series and I am impatiently waiting for the next book so, when I saw that S. H. Jucha had started another series, I decided to see if it was as good. Well I believe it is. Now I'm waiting for two books!!

Jucha writes believable stories with interesting and believable characters. Can't wait for the next ones. . . .in both series.
Richard Shipley
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Mr Jucha did it again! The first book in a new series and I can't wait for the next book in the series. This is now a must read series for anyone who has read the adventures of Alex and his crew.
Marcy
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of book that you start reading and you don't want to put down. I immediately was transported in to this future world. I especially loved the story of the empaths and how these women use their emotions to control those around them. Can't wait to read the next one in the series!!
Ciera
Nov 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Ouch
Terri
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So much to like about this story of the Pyreans, an Earth colony ship of humans who have carved out lives in a new solar system. Many back stories are woven into this tale, which I'm sure will come into play in expanded details farther along in the series.

There are power struggles, political pay-offs, physical abuses, kidnapping, rapes, the rich orchestrating lives of the less fortunate, the angst of youth learning how to cope with the onset of adulthood. There's espionage, intrigue, and emotio
D R Keller
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So glad Mr. Jucha started a new series. He's been very prolific with the Silver Ships books but this new project is very welcome and has started off in good form. I like the recurring theme of younger people bringing hope, energy, and comfort to the older and more careworn members of their group. I felt refreshed by the positivity.

Unfortunately I have to mention that the author committed the sin of exposition early on in the story. We're told how the main character is harmed versus being shown h
Book_joy
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
New series by SH Jucha, different to the Silver Ships series, and focused on a different colony ship, solar system and planet. The characters and interactions of Captain Cinders, Harbour and Aurelia together and with (sometimes against) the current authorities and ruling personages are fascinatinating. This is not a military action story in the sense of warships or marines, but there are firm stands taken against injustice. And there is evidence of aliens on one of the moons, although they are n ...more
Michael Venokur
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Slow start picked up starting chapter 3

Overall I liked the book. Decided to read this book since i am addicted to Scott's other series the silver ships. At first the book starts slowly and I was having trouble getting engaged with it. However that changed with chapter 3. That is when it really gets interesting and it difficult to put the book down. Character development really begins. So if you find yourself not interested right away please don't stop after chapter 2, again chapter. 3 is where i
Faith
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Auto-Buy Author

I've read S. H. Jucha's Silver Ships novels, and now this one. I've loved them all. His imagination is highly entertaining, and his adventures in exploration are such a wonderful escape from the daily grind. I've added him to the very short list of talented authors that I trust enough to automatically buy and read any work they publish.
John
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
rounded up from 1.5 stars.
The book had something, but I cannot say what .. I kept listening, but it wasn't great in any way. Its a book to listen too, not read. Its a book for mowing the lawn, doing the ironing, vacuuming the floor... its not a book that can win any prizes .. but it kept me listening?
Roger D. Lee
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great new characters with plot detail we can dig into

People fear what they do not understand and power still corrupts. The hero stands up for his crew and any underdog that gains his locality. The interaction of empathy and normals is a great adventure with endless benefits to both. Enjoy the adventure.
John
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first time reading S.H. Jucha. I really enjoyed the story. Great characters, interesting plot, very entertaining. I can certainly recommend you check out his work.

First thing I did when I finished ... load the second book and read for another hour (late in the night). That pretty much sums up my review.
Scott Miller
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story and character development.

Considering Political events of the past. this story has elements of many historical and current events involving living a life that's just and fair vs. One that's solely for personal gain and shows what consequence can be expected or wishfully anticipated.😃
Mila Koratschenko
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Empathy

I liked the style of writing and want to know what will happen next. I would like more details. Easy to read and like good science fiction left me with questions -- what is next?
Matthew Malkin
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really compelling read that i just could not put down

A really compelling read that i just could not put down.
I can't wait for the next installment to find out what is going to happen next.
Cindy Beley
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Another good story with good characters. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next which is the most important thing to me. BUT and this is a big but, the overuse and misuse of commas nearly drove me out of my mind. It made the book much less enjoyable to read.
Larry Holly
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this is a great start for a new series from this author. I've been a fan of his with his Silver Ship series. The book has great character development, a good story line and has the potential to be another great series from this author.
Ellen Evans
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very Good Read

I really enjoyed this story. It is well written and the plot is unpredictable. It has a satisfying ending and yet I still look forward to the next in the series.
Gerard
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Mr. Jucha

It took me a little while to get into this book but after 20% or so I the story and the characters grabbed me. I'm looking forward to the next book!
Elizabeth Dingle
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good start!

I chose to read this book simply because S H Jucha wrote it, I was not disappointed. Now I'm hooked on two of his series!
Wanda binz
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

This is a great story and very entertaining characters. Strong men and women. Can’t wait for the next book. Love all the authors series.
NormaCenva
Sep 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Actual Rating 1.5 Stars

Sorry... I just couldn't!
Adriana
Nov 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Dropped the book after the first page.
Philda Todzaniso
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sooo Good

I jumped into this book as I have always loved the author's work.I loved the protagonist and I really enjoyed the story and I was sad to finish it. Thank you Mr Jucha!
Sam
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

What a truly great and gifted writer.
This is a wonderful book, full of great characters, and a good plot.
Even if you're not a Sci fi fan, this is still a must read.
I also highly recommend Mr. Jucha's Sliver Ships book series.
These are all Must Reads!
Ben
  • Life Probe
  • Shiva Descending
  • Mind Catcher
  • Tool of the Trade
  • Empire Builders (The Grand Tour, #3; Privateers, #2)
  • Queen of the Iron Sands
  • The Octagonal Raven
  • The Mothersea
From my early years to the present, books have been a refuge. They’ve fueled my imagination. I’ve traveled to faraway places and met aliens with Asimov, Heinlein, Clarke, Herbert, and Le Guin. I’ve explored historical events with Michener and Clavell, and I played spy with Ludlum and Fleming.

There’s no doubt that the early sci-fi masters influenced the writing of my first two series, The Silver Sh

Pyreans (3 books)
  • Messinants (Pyreans, #2)
  • Jatouche (Pyreans, #3)
“Why is it that the people who risk the most to build our world are those least cared for in retirement by the very people who benefited from their efforts?” 0 likes