Start by marking “Cloud Watcher (The Watchers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cloud Watcher (The Watchers, #4)

Cloud Watcher

(The Watchers #4)

The Lightbringer:

Anya Harris's unwanted talents have made her a refugee, flying from city to city ahead of a tide of burning terror nobody else can see. She's hoping Santiago City will be different, but deep in her heart of hearts, she knows nowhere is safe enough for someone with her secrets. When the gray-eyed man with guns and a sword shows up, claiming to be sent to pr

ebook
Published March 20th 2015 by ImaJinn (first published October 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Cloud Watcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cloud Watcher

Start your review of Cloud Watcher (The Watchers, #4)
Beth
Feb 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent world building -- also a clearer view of Circle Lightfall and their nature with how them allowed Jack to redeem himself. It makes their illogical choices clearer -- I mean in that time period of persecution they didn't kill their main threat.
Mara
Apr 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, pnr
I guess it's normal, it was supposed to happen sooner or later. The first Saintcrow book I didn't like. Damn, I feel wrong even writing this.

But Cloud Watcher is the weakest book in an already weak series. I read three books out of five, and if the other two books were mostly ok to me, the fourth has not much to it to say at least "meh. it's ok, even if I didn't really like it".

As per usual with Ms Saintcrow the setting is intriguing, unfortunately here both plot and characters were cringe wor
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The four book in this series is turbulent as the witch is surrounded by nasty forces wanting a piece of her, even someone who is always by their side as a friend. Anya Harris is amazingly resilient as she flees one step ahead of the evil snapping teeth at her heels. This last time is so close as she nearly burns to death. With no reserve money left and absolute no hope remaining, she heads to Santiago City.

This story is another one filled with angst and persecution. Being gifted is not a great
Sunshine✰✰✰
Anya has abilities she can't explain and a mentally-slow man/boy she has taken under her wing to care for. On the run, yet again, she comes to Santiago City and hopes the Dark wont follow her. Fate leads her to the Rowangrove and the three witches who happen to be the Guardians of the City. Anya lacks self-esteem and is so timid, scared and skittish, it's imposable to do or say anything in case she bolts. She has a huge trust issue. Even though she has finally met women like her who swear to kee ...more
Dr susan
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again, re-read
Jack Gray may be my favorite character in the Watcher series. He is the ultimate Watcher; a man hoping to be redeemed for his sins by saving Lightbringers. Anya is less annoying than Mari, but she does some really stupid things.
Lynn
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Today’s post is on Cloud Watcher by Lilith Saintcrow. It is 200 pages long and is published by Belle Books. The cover is golden with a man in the center. The intended reader is someone who has read the first three and likes love stories about witches. There is mild foul language, implied sex, and some violence in this novel. The story is told from third person close of the two main characters, Anya and Jack. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the blurb on Hoopla-
The Lightbringer:
Anya Harris's unwanted
Kathy Davie
Fourth in The Watchers paranormal romance series revolving around three Guardian witches who have found their fourth. The couple focus is on Anya and Jack Grey.

My Take
It's an interesting series and this story has a twist on witch burning and the Inquisition.

I do like the premise and I wish I could say the same for the characters. They actually are decent human beings, so to speak, and I do like them once they bond with their Watchers. It's the before-the-bonding that each one drives me nuts.

I
Rosie Piqué-Christie
Story keeps expanding

Each book brings new depth to the first book and story. Really enjoy the easy story telling even if there's quite a bit of the same journey for each Witch and Watcher.
Denise Fisher
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book! A standalone in a series. I'm so glad.

I could not put this down. My favorite book of all is here's Working For The Devil. All her books are wonderful. This series is really good!
Ray Heuer
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best of the series. The action is predictable, the plot formulaic.
John A. Sillasen
Best Story Thus Far in Series

Hadn't thought of this prior but the Watched Series seems to be more Argeneau Family of Immortals like Saintcrow style.
Nervous Nellie Justice
Main characters: ♥ ♥ ♥ Anya Harris is an air witch that doesn’t know she’s an air witch. She is a good hearted woman that took in a mentally challenged boy from the streets. She is fighting the “Dark” all by herself. She is lucky that she has gotten away as many times as she has since the “Dark” really wants to eat her. There are other villains on the loose as well. Those villains want to use her psychic ability to make money. Shell Gerritsen is the man in a boy’s body. He is a jealous boy that ...more
Stacey
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I jumped into this series in the fourth book, but that caused no trouble in my understanding of the world and what came before. It was pretty clear that each of the pairs of supporting characters (pairs, because they are already paired up) had been the protagonists in the earlier works.

I enjoy a heroine alone, on the run from the villains, who over the course of the novel, finds friends, builds a community, and learns to depend on and work with others. This novel opens with Anya running away fro
Douglas Meeks
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and I have enjoyed each story although the author seems to put a bit more angst into it at times than I care for but overall it is an exceptional series.

Jack and Anya made a great couple for this story but they both had so much previous baggage it was excruciatingly mired in self loathing at times. The addition of having what appears to be an autistic adult/child thrown into the mix who was so self absorbed and you knew from the first time you met him that he was going to be t
Lily
Apr 16, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Diana Francis
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, let me say that I received the book from Netgalley. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I didn't realize it was part of a series, and it absolutely read stand alone, though I admit, I've already downloaded the first book to read. And I'm hoping for another book soon. This book has both romance and adventure. I had a couple of moments where I was afraid there'd be some too-stupid-to-live behavior, but Saintcrow neatly twisted things up and kept things racing. I really liked the emotional devel ...more
Leslie
Jun 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urbanfantasy
Cloud Watcher is the fourth book in Lilith Saintcrow's Watcher Series. I knew eventually that a novice Lightbringer who had no previous knowledge of magic would have to be introduced into the storyline. So we have Anya who is on the run and is a caregiver to Shell. Anya comes to Theo's store and it is fate that she is found to be the Fourth Guardian (Suzanne who was the other three's teacher was their fourth until she gave her life to save the city - See Dark Watcher). She starts to learn about ...more
Mary Brebner
Okay, so this wasn't my favorite book of hers. Actually, this might be my least favorite. But it's still a good read. Anya's an air witch but she doesn't know she's one...she just thinks she's nuts and that weird things happen around her and that there are bad guys chasing her for some strange, unknown reason. Poor girl. She barely has time for a breather as she races from bad situation to worse, trying to do what's right for her and Shell. And then she winds up in this town that has other witch ...more
Donna
Jun 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although untrained, Anya Harris is a talented witch whose bright field has made her a target for the dark. She has barely survived the destruction of her house by a darkling and has fled to make a new start in Santiago. She answers an ad for help at the Rowancraft store where she meets Jacy Gray who tells her he is her Watcher. Jack becomes her bodyguard and repeatedly saves her life but he is afraid if Anya learned who he was before he became a Watcher, it would destroy their relationship.
Tonya Breck
Ally
Aug 12, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
I feel so disappointed with this book as I really enjoyed the previous three and was actually looking forward to this book but sadly I found it lacking in comparison and struggled through it.
I found Anya rather annoying and silly and was expecting much more from the female lead. I also didn't really understand the point of Shell and the relationship between himself and Anya.
Samantha
I'm gonna be honest the main characters almost killed me. between being whiny, and irritating and suffering a horrendous case of TSTL (To Stupid TO Live) you have Jack who's just about as bad. There is evil always on their heels. I feel like the ending was given to us in the beginning with no real surprise how it ended. I mean it was fine but just not as good as the first one.
KG
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leading lady...not so much

Why do authors write a female lead who is strong willed and then have that character use her strong will to make idiotic choices? It is annoying. Good writing. Good premise. Interesting love story. Annoying character development choices.
Keziah
Jun 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-edit
This book was a little disappointing after the last three. While I adored the idea of Jack, and even his character, I felt that Anya was a little too flat and frightened to really do justice to him.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
really like this book it kept me reading.
Kassandra
Jun 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
re read
Yvonne
Jan 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The heroine is rather whiney, but I suppose you're allowed to whine a bit after the fourth time you've narrowly avoided being eaten by evil monsters.
Genrelove
I want to like these books more than I actually do.
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really like this series!! No smut and oh so good!!
Kitty
Mar 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Seriously? You portrayed a child with Downs syndrome as knowingly manipulating, purposely physically harming, and feeding off his caregiver? Wow. Utterly shameful. Not even for the sake of "art". Some things you just don't do. Ever.

• Kingdom of Exiles (The Beast Charmer, #1)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Dragon Tear (Agents of the Crown #5)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Duty Bound (Agents of the Crown #3)
  • Blood Ties (Agents of the Crown #2)
  • Eye of Truth (Agents of the Crown, #1)
  • The Emperor's Wolves (Wolves of Elantra #1; Chronicles of Elantra #0.1)
  • Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1)
  • Shadow Warrior (Sky Raiders, #3)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #1)
  • Huckleberry Summer (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #2)
  • Enchantment of a Highlander (Highlander, #3)
  • Calling The Change (Sky Raiders #2)
  • Echoed Defiance (Jacky Leon, #4)
  • Outlaw's Bride (The Western Sky, #1)
  • Elicit (Eagle Elite, #4)
Lilith Saintcrow was born in New Mexico, bounced around the world as a child, and fell in love with writing when she was ten years old. She and her library co-habitate in Vancouver, Washington.

The Watchers (5 books)
  • Dark Watcher (The Watchers, #1)
  • Storm Watcher (The Watchers, #2)
  • Fire Watcher (The Watchers, #3)
  • Mindhealer (The Watchers, #5)

News & Interviews