Start by marking “Sightwitch (The Witchlands, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Sightwitch (The Witchlands, #2.5)

Sightwitch

(The Witchlands #2.5)

From New York Times bestselling author Susan Dennard, Sightwitch is an illustrated novella set in the Witchlands and told through Ryber’s journal entries and sketches.

Before Safi and Iseult battled a Bloodwitch...

Before Merik returned from the dead…

Ryber Fortiza was a Sightwitch Sister at a secluded convent, waiting to be called by her goddess into the depths of the mounta
Published February 13th 2018 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Sightwitch, please sign up.
Miranda Carfora Nope! If I were you, I would highly recommend reading this in the order of release. The story will not be as special out of order! Read after wind…moreNope! If I were you, I would highly recommend reading this in the order of release. The story will not be as special out of order! Read after wind witch the second of the series!!(less)

Alyssa
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-releases
5 stars. Possibly my favorite installment of the series, which is interesting because it isn't even a full-length novel. Susan Dennard (and the team at Tor) did an amazing job with this book!

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Sightwitch by Susan Dennard
Book 0.5 of the Witchlands series
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: February 13, 2018
Rating: 5 stars
Source: Review copy from the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Set a year before Truthwitch, Sightwitch follows Ryber Fortiza, the la
Marianne - November Words
Ok, but how is it that NO ONE speaks about this cover???(as far as I know) It's so freaking gorgeous, the girl is beautiful and looks so badass and I haven't even read Truthwitch but I'm so fucking sold on this. Period.
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2018/02/03/...

I don’t know what it is about the Witchlands series, but both novels that are out thus far have received middling ratings from me when I reviewed them, and yet I just keep coming back for more! Still, if I had to guess, I would credit the simply sublime world Susan Dennard has created. Say what you will about her storytelling and characters, but the incredible imagination and effort that she has put into the world-building
Beatrice in Bookland
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
"Paths do not come to you. You have to find them for yourself, and sometimes, you have to carve new ones entirely."

1) Truthwitch ★★★★★
2) Windwitch ★★★★★

Not amazing, but enjoyable nonetheless!

I really liked Ryber. She's strong, smart, ready to fight for her loved ones and she never gives up. I hope she finds her happy ending at the end of the series. And I liked Kullen, too.

But to me what makes the series so special (BESIDES AEDUAN AND ISEULT MY BEAUTIFUL OTP) are the friendships. Ryber and Tanzi
Hayley
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars (I think i should just rate these books 5 stars because the reasonings for knocking .5 stars (slow for me to get into and didn’t connect with story right away) off are just futile)

THIS BOOK BLEW ME AWAY

THE EASTER EGGS FOUND IN THIS BOOK AND THE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN TRUTHWITCH AND WINDWITCH HAD ME SHOOKETH TO THE CORE

EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW, EVEN WHEN I DIDN’T REALISE I NEEDED A REASON FOR SOME THINGS TO MAKE SENSE.

This book could either be book 0.5 or book 2.5 as the fact that this b
Connor
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The audiobook is the way to go with this one. The narrators were all fantastic, and I could really feel the characters’ emotions coming through with Dennard’s writing combined with capable narrators. The downside was I didn’t get to see all the illustrations, but that’s just because I borrow audiobooks with my library app.

I love interesting world building, and this novella delivers. It really adds to the fabric of the Witchlands, and you get lots of history of the world before the main series t
Amy Leigh
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This is more of a story for people who are already invested in the witchland series. It's a prequel book so it's not as long as the other two books but has great info about who they are and how they are created. I bought this book after reading this excerpt so I do recommend for fans of the series! The cover is gorgeous too! This definitely can be read before the other two books but it's more informative than story continuation so I would recommend reading it after the first book Truthwitch at l ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Is a 0.5 novella something you should read in a series? Well, it depends on the series in question, and for the Witchlands series, I would say definitely yes, but you don’t want to read it first.  That is also the tricky part of adding a prequel to a series later. When should your readers actually read it?  For Sightwitch ,I would say that you should have at least read Truthwitch to have a semi-understanding of threads, cleaving and some of
Suzanne
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series so much! It is so fascinating! This is a quick little prequel that just adds to the story. I enjoyed it very much and to me it was so magically written. It had a high fantasy feel for such a short, YA book. This only takes a few hours to read but is a great book to get readers through the wait for the next book!

My quick and simple overall: magical and fascinating!
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
I hope that you are super pumped to get some more of Susan Dennard’s The Witchlands series into your life because you are not going to want to miss this amazing novella! Sightwitch is so much more than a little novella. This whirlwind of a book has a format that is sort of like a scrapbook. It contains some incredible world building, interesting characters, and enough breadcrumbs to satisfy the hungriest fans of the series.

If you have been following the blog for a while, you will know that novel
Mayim de Vries
”Paths do not come to you. You have to find them for yourself, and sometimes, you have to carve new ones entirely.”

Remember the Illuminae Files? Well, this one aims at the Sightwitch Files.
And misses.

There are two main reasons why Sightwitch can be recommended to the hardcore fandom only: format and format (with soft plagiarism in the background).

Sightwitch is a first-person diary entry format embellished here and there with other forms of writing like legends, songs and prayers, random docume
RainySun
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so good. Really enjoyed the way it was written and the illustration throughout it.

I am really enjoying the world building in this series, although the second book wasn't the best. This novella was really good, and has so much informaton about the history of the world, would definitely say this novella is a must read for this series. So much important information. I am very interested in seeing how this will be in effect in bloodwitch. because Kullen O.o
Raquel Flockhart
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
“Paths do not come to you. You have to find them for yourself, and sometimes, you have to carve new ones entirely.”

I honestly don’t know how she does it but, with every book I read of The Witchlands series, Susan Dennard manages to fascinate me even more with the intricate world she has created and with the complex plot around which this series revolves. And I can assure you that this novella isn’t an exception.

Sightwitch is a story about Ryber Fortiza before the events that take place in Trut

Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)

Can I just say how much I love this world? I mean, when you first go into it you might get a bit confused about all the witch types, but holy damn this place is incredible!

Ryber is someone that I didn't feel like I quite understood in the full-length novels. She felt more like a side-character, someone there to be the romantic interest of Kullen, so I was instantly intrigued when this book was revealed
Jennifer Ellision
Looooooved. I ADORE this series. (I've also been playing a lot of Dragon Age: Inquisition lately, so this book's maps, text excerpts, etc reminded me of the different codexes and finding my way through a quest which was an aspect I really enjoyed)
Lauren Stoolfire
I can't say I expected to enjoy this novella the most of anything in this series. I'm really impressed by how much this series has grown on me since Truthwitch. I'm really looking forward to Bloodwitch.
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
4.5
Holyyyyyy shit. My brain is exploding
---
Now that I've slept a few hours though my brain keeps spinning. Like I read on Tumblr that Sooz said you should read this because then you'll understand some of the big reveals in Bloodwitch such as:
-Who Aeduan’s mom really is
-Who Aeduan’s dad really is
DOES THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS?! I mean there was that *saying* said and then when she went into that particular room she only saw two small shadows in the ice and there were two bigger openings so
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
A fun, unique novella for the Witchlands series - loved the illustrations, maps and diagrams and the diary entries to tell a story. I adore Ryber and how she's a stickler for rules, but learns to break free of them in order to become a Sightwitch. Kullen makes an appearance but he's more of a side character. Definitely worthwhile reading before the next book in the series comes out!

Full review to come.
Staci (stacisbookishprobs)
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did think I was gonna love this more than I did but I found the beginning kind of boring and slow so I thought this would be like a solid 3 Star but then all the good stuff started happening and I was here for it! This is definitely one of my all time favorite series now! I love that world and the atmosphere of these books! Ryber is everything she’s so strong and brave and I can’t wait to get to know her more in the later books
Shanna Hughes
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful read from Susan Dennard. With SIGHTWITCH, Dennard shows just how much she masters different voices, as well as weaving in clues in a very, very smart way. Absolutely adored the ending of this book and can't wait to add an illustrated copy to my shelves!
Saniya
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alexandra Elend Wolf
3.5 Stars

"Paths do not come to you. You have to find them for yourself, and sometimes, you have to carve new onew entirely."

This reminded me of how little I remember of The Witchlands series, so yes, I was a bit lost at times, but I actually remembered everything quite quickly. It also reminded me of how much I love this world.

It took me a little bit to figure out when the story was been told, but after that it was quite easy to get into it.

The beggining is quite slow though, it wasn't
Sara Saif

You know, it's really sad. I used to re-read before I discovered Goodreads which led me to discover how vast and never-ending this world of books really is. Those days were chill even if I read only 5 books a year. At least I could pick up the books I liked again and again and did not have to worry about the infinite number of books waiting to be read. Sigh.
I read more than 10 books each year at least which are part of a series. With the 365 day gap between the books in a series it's nigh imposs

Maddie
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
And this book did nothing for me. Read it cause y'all said I had to before bloodwitch but honestly I'm more confused than anything else. But first read of FantasyAThon done!
Marija (Inside My Library Mind)
Just as good on reread! Also, I reread this book exactly a year later?? ANYWAYS. I am so hyped for Bloodwitch

More reviews up on my blog Inside My Library Mind

Actual rating: 4.5

I thought I’d do a bit of a different review this time for a couple of reasons. First, this is a prequel novella in a series I love, but since it’s a novella AND a prequel, it’s kinda short, and offers a lot of back story and thus it’s kind of a difficult one to review. SO here's 10 reasons why you should read Sightwitc
Narilka
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fbr, read-in-2019
Rating: 3.5 stars

Sightwitch is a novella in The Witchlands by Susan Dennard. It is the back story for Ryber Fortiza, a side character from the main series. The story is told as a series of journal entries primarily by Ryber, with the occasional entry by her threadsister Tanzi and historical entries by the famous Sightwitch Sister Eridysi Gochienka. I find this style of storytelling hit or miss and this one ended up working for me better than I expected. One of the neat things is all the art incl
Kelsey
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this preview! I've never read the other books by Susan Dennard, but I was intrigued the moment that I saw this preview. Even better, it's book 0.5! This meant that I wouldn't really spoiler myself as badly as if it was book two.

I loved the photo's / sketches in the book. I haven't read the other books, but I love the main character from this part. Might be an evil character after all, but for now, i really loved her.

I'm so ready to read the other books by Susan!
Amanda
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m not sure how I really feel about Sightwitch…

On the one hand it was exciting and had a lot of the magical elements that I love about the series. On the other hand, I don’t really see what this adds to the overall story line. Maybe it adds a little historical context about the Paladins and the Cahr Awen but not really enough for me. I still feel just as confused about everything as I did before. I was just having a hard time paying attention and it really sucks because I’m sure there was a lo
Tracy
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was slightly confused when I started this, but I rapidly got the hang of it. You are reading about two different girls about 1,000 years apart. One of them is Ryber who you met in Windwitch. This story takes you deeper into the world and history of the Witchlands. You learn more about Kullen (I think I got his name right). You learn what the Paladins are. The story goes to creepy places I never would've expected. I absolutely loved it!

I do recommend reading it after Windwitch, not before.
Nafeeza
Dec 05, 2017 marked it as to-read
The release date has been pushed back to Feb. 13th, 2018.
  • Free Space (Evagardian #2)
  • Zodiac Starforce #1
  • 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha, #1)
  • Runaways #1
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 1
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 5 (Chrono Crusade, #5)
  • When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears (The Goblin Wars, #3)
  • The Hollows (Hollowland Graphic Novel)
  • Kingdom Hearts: The Novel
  • Darth Vader #9
  • Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)
  • ヴァニタスの手記 3 [Vanitas no Carte 3] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #3)
  • The Hermit of Lammas Wood (Tanyth Fairport, #3)
  • The Unstoppable Wasp, Vol. 1: Unstoppable!
  • Ultraman, Vol. 1
  • Spider-Gwen (2015) #5
Susan Dennard has come a long way from small-town Georgia. With a masters degree in marine biology, she got to travel the world—six out of seven continents, to be exact (she’ll get to Asia one of these days!)—before she settled down as a full-time novelist and writing instructor.

She is the author of the New York Times bestselling Witchlands as well as the Something Strange & Deadly series. Whe

The Witchlands (5 books)
  • Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #4)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #5)
“We value things more when we know they won’t last forever.” 5 likes
“History might easily be rewritten, but someone somewhere always remembers what truly happened.” 4 likes