Start by marking “Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)

Ravensong

(Green Creek #2)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  6,984 ratings  ·  1,294 reviews
Gordo Livingstone never forgot the lessons carved into his skin. Hardened by the betrayal of a pack who left him behind, he sought solace in the garage in his tiny mountain town, vowing never again to involve himself in the affairs of wolves.

It should have been enough.

And it was, until the wolves came back, and with them, Mark Bennett. In the end, they faced the beast toge
Published July 31st 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Ravensong, please sign up.
T.J. Gordo, and he's definitely not Ox. Gordo is hardened and morally gray, but there is a very specific reason for that.

…more

(less)
T.J.
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  6,984 ratings  ·  1,294 reviews

Start your review of Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
T.J.
Jun 15, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
Updated 12/6/18

The audiobook, narrated by Kirt Graves, is now live!

Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/Ravensong-...

Dreamspinner: https://goo.gl/u2dxHL

Amazon: https://goo.gl/JSgRvE

B&N: https://goo.gl/eZQiQT

Kobo: https://goo.gl/Z6ALJY

iBooks: https://goo.gl/HgquAL
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
PRICE DROP TODAY TO $0.99 AT AMAZON US IF YOU DON'T OWN THIS ONE! 4/4/19

***Spoiler-Free review, baby!***

*4.5 stars*

It would be hard for me to spoil Ravensong, even if I wanted to, because it rushed by me so quickly that I feel that horrible book let down, that feeling of loss when a great book is over. I'm brushing off the dust thinking, What the hell just happened?

Ravensong pushes forward at such a continuous, pulsing pace that it feels like leaning over the edge of a cliff the entire time. Y
☆ Todd
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Okay folks, I'll just say it up front. I could NOT put this book down. Not that I wanted to. :- P

This was a tale of a love that should have been, mates that should have been, before fate and cruel circumstances stepped in, causing deep feelings of abandonment and betrayal.

Gordo Livingstone hadn't been the witch of the Bennett pack for a very long time when the Bennett's finally returned home to Green Creek. Then, when they finally did, he wanted nothing to do with any of them.

Especially not
Sophia Triad
packpackpack

Pain is a lesson. It teaches you the ways of the world. We must hurt the ones we love in order to make them stronger. To make them better. One day you’ll understand.

War has come at the Bennett pack's doorstep.

After Wolfsong, another amazing experience.

If you consider Wolfsong a book about two men who
-belong together,
-have grown up together,
-have mature and realised their capabilities and potentials and
-have fallen in love in the process;
then Ravensong are about two men who
-b
Em Lost In Books
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, 2010-19, 4-star
this book was one of my most awaited book for this year. I started reading as soon as i got my hands on this and I just loved it so much.

As the blurb says this book is about Gordo and Mark but it was so much more. While these two were at the middle of everything, this story tells us about the little boy whose mother told him how bad wolves were, whose father told him how strong he was and how the wolves depend on him. This story tells us about the boy who fell in love with the other boy and how
Nazanin
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m
4 “Dirt and Leaves and Rain” Stars

"PackWitchBrotherLove"

I’m not really into shifter stories but I can’t get enough of this series! And you should know before this series I read one of the author’s books and I disliked the writing (I’m not a big fan of his writing style) but yet again I couldn’t put this one down! So good! So many feelings, all the emotions and you can feel them! It will make you exhausted emotionally but in a good way! It was so good to see Ox and Joe again (all candy canes and
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

SPOILER FREE REVIEW!!

“The funny thing about hate is the razor-thin line that separates it from something else entirely.”

This is the story of Gordo and Mark, characters we met and fell in love with in Wolfsong (the book before this one and yes, you need to read them in order). Gordo and Mark loved each other, but something happened and Gordo sent Mark away. Now years later, Gordo is again the witch of the wolf pack Mark is in, but the two of them cannot seem to work out the past
Suanne Laqueur
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2018
Kill me. Take all my stars and just fucking kill me.
chan ☆
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
everything i've come to love and expect from a tj klune novel

ravensong was special and beautiful and i regret putting it down in novemeber! because this was definitely not a let down after reading and falling in love with wolfsong. but there were some things that kept me from giving it a full 5 stars:

- the plot: i just... didn't care? i mean the disease aspect was heartbreaking but i felt like this book was SO focused on the conflict that the relationship kind of took a back seat
- the DUMB asses
Renée
~4.5 stars~

A highly anticipated sequel that didn't leave me disappointed.

"I don't believe your promises anymore."

Gordo doesn't believe in much. His magic. Ox. His friends who help him run the garage.

Anything else just hurts too much. When you've been burned over and over, who could blame him?

His heartbreak was palpable, and I admit my eyes leaked a bit while learning the real history of Gordo and Mark......and Gordo and Thomas......and Gordo and his parents.

Wow. I thought Gordo was
Sanaa
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 14/01/2020

Ugh my heart is broken into a million pieces. 😭 Reading it a second time made me see so many things I missed, and fall in love with the characters all over again. I forgot how much this book hurt. I probably loved it more the second time around. So my I'd probably rate it 5 stars.

TJ is horrible for making me cry but honestly one of the best writers out there. I'm going to be the genius who's going to read the 3rd book now which was the hardest out of all of them.

_____________
Diana
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t tell you how much I loved Wolfsong, so I was nervous I wouldn’t like Ravensong as much. There was no need for me to worry, I adored Ravensong and the poetic writing sucked me into the story from the very beginning.

Ravensong is the story about Gordo and Mark. Don’t worry though, there is plenty of Joe and Ox as well as the rest of the Bennett clan. Of course there are a few changes within the clan, including Team Human, but their fierce loyalty and love of family is always present, espec
tappkalina
Imagine denying your (soul)mate for 30 !THIRTY! years and accepting them just before they are about to be lost for ever.
Yeah. I could never.

If I had a mate, I wouldn't even bother to look for a girlfriend. Free will who? What's that? Mates are perfect for each other, right? It doesn't matter if I choose her or not. So where is mine?
Teal
Three facts about the Green Creek wolf pack, brought to you by the letter D:

1) Daddy issues galore.
2) Dumber than a box of rocks.
3) Drama queens extraordinaire.

And D1 + D2 + D3 = DNF

Let them all die, I don't care! So glad to be done with this book. DNF @ 62%, and I think I need a drink.

4) Drove me to drink.

____
Update: I actually went back to this a couple days later and finished it. That was a mistake; I think I'm permanently soured on Klune now. Which is a shame, because I already own Murmurati
Malene
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: part-of-a-series, m-m, pnr
I didn’t think it was possible for TJ Klune to top Wolfsong but he did. I’m in awe of this man’s talent cause damn can he write. Ravensong was everything and so much more. I was entertained thoroughly. I felt the story and its characters. I was singing and howling along with them. Pack Love Mate. Ravensong is not just Gordo and Mark’s story. This is the story of the Bennett Pack and this pack encompasses it all. Strength, loyalty, courage and love. These people in the Bennett pack are survivors ...more
Line
I think this one was better than the first in the series.
The second-chance plotline was on point, it was nerve wracking and it was FUN!
I'm so happy that we had more humour in this one, compared to Wolfsong, since this was quite dark and long, and I needed those breaks from the heartache and the seriousness.

I totally understand why Mr. Klune is becoming 'hot shit' in major publishing houses, and I am really REALLY excited for the next book in this series!
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
"Once, there was a boy.
Once, there was a wolf.
He had sat with his back against a tree.
His bare feet were in the grass.
The boy leaned forward and kissed the wolf.
And knew then that nothing would ever be the same."

description

Green Creek Series - Recommended for: i GUESS ANYONE WHO ENJOYS HYPERVENTILATING aND SCREAMING At ALL TIMES AND DROWNING IN UTTER LONGING AND DESPAIR

I knew this would happen. I did. I'd read Ravensong KNOWING TJ was going to rip my heart to shreds, yet I was exci
Jewel
4.5 Stars

NOTE: Ravensong does not stand alone. Definitely read Wolfsong first, and if it has been awhile, I'd suggest doing a reread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pain is a lesson"

Gordo Livingston is bitter and angry. To truly understand the depth of his anger, you first have to understand his fears and his past. Gordo felt betrayed, abandoned, alone. By his parents, by his pack, by his mate, and he's determined to never let it happen again. There is such a history between Gordo and
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
After reading, and before finding the time to write a real review : I'm so happy, okay? SO happy I gave Ravensong a chance. It was, really, the book I didn't know I needed, but oh hell, how I did.

4.5 stars, RTC.

Prereview : About this time last year I read Wolfsong and it triggered a strong reaction in me, which is not unheard of, but, you know, isn't what I'd call usual either.

The more I read, the hardest it is to really piss me off, to break my heart in a million pieces. So I shouldn't want t
Hollis
My first time around with RAVENSONG I wrote maybe one of the most negative four star (though apparently I equated it more to 3.5) reviews I've probably ever written. I don't necessarily disagree with my previous thoughts (it's on GR if you're curious!) but maybe knowing what is to come, maybe loving these characters a little more, I just feel less.. critical? To me this definitely is a solid four, no question.

Have another reread review coming via the blog soon!

-----

RAVENSONG, for all my exciteme
Dia
5 BIG stars! I absolutely loved the audio!!!

"I'm not scared of much. But I think I'm scared of this. What it could mean. What I could become. Who I could forget."

Before diving into this one I felt the need to re-read Wolfsong. I loved that one just as much as I did the first time, but then I got afraid no one can compete with Ox and Joe.
Well now let me tell you how hard I fell for Gordo and Mark.

To be honest, I think there's no need to re-read Wolfsong before this one, because Rav
Colleen
I waited a long time to read this, even after it came out. I knew I would need to be in the right head space. I was not wrong. This book ripped me apart.

It was... an amazing book. It was beautifully written, as always. I laughed. I sobbed. I cringed and gasped.

But... it was the Bennett packs' story. Not Gordo and Mark's. There was almost no romance (just the very end). There was... reuniting. There were some light moments, but overall, I just wanted to wail that it was too much for this family
Fabi
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

I took me a long time to read this book. I kept putting it down and coming back to it. I did finally finish but my thoughts and feelings about it are a big jumbled mess. There were things I didn't like about it. There were things I loved about it. It made me laugh, it made me cry. It made me happy, sad and angry. Unfortunately, it also made me bored in a few places. So, maybe I'll come back and write a coherent review if things gel in my mind. For now, just after finishing it, it felt l
Claude
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: perfect, favorites
Once there was a book.
An extraordinary book.
And as I laid in my couch I started it, feeling like it will be amazing because the first part was perfect.
The beginning was hard because it explained so much. The hardest parts of the first book. The pain, the hurt, the anger and above all, this LOVE.

Once there was this witch.
Broken so young that he never knew how to fix it. Nobody taught him. Nobody understood him. But many people loved him. He didn’t allowed it though. He didn’t wanted to get thro
Len Evans Jr
I think I love this book even more than Wolfsong... So much was taken from Gordo and at so young an age. Getting to finally see him heal and be with Mark was just awesome. I could once again gush about TJ's incredible writing, but I would just be repeating myself. The author is beyond talented and although reading his books is an emotional roller coaster it is one I will be glad to ride again and again!
Alexandra Elend Wolf
“Your story, it – You could have become the villain, Gordo. And it would have been within your rights. Instead you just chose to be an asshole.”

So I finished this yesterday but needed a bit of time to get all my ideas in order, or at least try to get them in order, and, oh boy, was this INTENSE.

Ravensong follows the life of Gordo Livingstone since he was a boy, much in the fashion that we followed Ox's life in Wolfsong. Though his life goes by quicker since we already knew about s
Anyta Sunday
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit.

I can't even . . .
Eugenia
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreakingly stunning!! 4.5 Stars!!

This sequel proved to be just as emotionally explosive and even more full of action than it’s predecessor, the magnificent Wolfsong. I couldn’t put it down and nearly cried out in anguish as I swiped to the last page, craving more more more.

Darker and angstier than Wolfsong, Ravensong shows us the story of Gordo, the witch, through his POV. The first part of the book fills in the 3 years Gordo, Joe, Kelly, and Carter were on the hunt for “The Monster.” This
Renégade ♥
5 stars

Wow...

***

Posted before reading:

A wee informational tidbit from the author via Facebook post on November 1, 2016:

Also, you should know I started plotting the sequel today.

In Ravensong, a lighthearted rom com***, a witch named Gordo will pull his head out of his ass for the wolf of his dreams.

(*** This is a lie. There will be blood. And tears. And effigies built of me that will be burned.)

*LOL*

In other words...

Related image

(view spoiler)

We have been warned...

Hmmm. Should I just get a

• The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Boyfriend Material
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)
  • rock
  • Leo Loves Aries (Signs of Love, #1)
  • Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1)
  • Of Sunlight and Stardust
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
TJ KLUNE is a Lambda Literary Award-winning author (Into This River I Drown) and an ex-claims examiner for an insurance company. His novels include The House in the Cerulean Sea and The Extraordinaries. Being queer himself, TJ believes it's important—now more than ever—to have accurate, positive, queer representation in stories.

Green Creek (4 books)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • Heartsong (Green Creek, #3)
  • Brothersong (Green Creek, #4)