Start by marking “If There's No Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
If There's No Tomorrow

If There's No Tomorrow

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  10,934 ratings  ·  1,728 reviews
A single choice can change everything.

Lena Wise is always looking forward to tomorrow, especially at the start of her senior year. She’s ready to pack in as much friend time as possible, to finish college applications, and to maybe let her childhood best friend Sebastian know how she really feels about him. For Lena, the upcoming year is going to be epic—one of opportuniti
Published September 5th 2017 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about If There's No Tomorrow, please sign up.
Maaria
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Aida Cogollor They should. Or they must. It's a life lesson that every teen must read.

·  10,934 ratings  ·  1,728 reviews

Start your review of If There's No Tomorrow
Cristina Monica
It’s as though Jennifer L. Armentrout wasn’t even trying to be original.

Like she thought, ‘‘Okay, so I need to write a book because I’m on contract, but I don’t have any new ideas, so I’m just going to write about something that’s been written before, and add a lot of cheesy scenes, and my fans will probably enjoy it.’’

Nuh-uh. You should know that I’m a JLA fan. Have been ever since I read the Lux series. I even loved THE PROBLEM WITH FOREVER, which she published last year. I have to say I find
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!!!

“I should’ve listened to that little voice in my head and that feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I hadn’t. If I had, today would’ve been different. Tomorrow would be like all the better yesterdays.”

Gosh I love JLA books, she never fails to pull me out of a book rut and brighten my day!

Lena Wise is about to start her senior year of high school, and her biggest concerns are getting into her college of choice and having a crush on her best friend Sebastian, the boy next door. Bu
Candace Robinson
Armentrout is the one author that I know I can always get into her books from the get go. This one was no exception. It was an emotional ride and didn't have a lot of angst like her other books, and it wasn't needed here. There were some swoony scenes though, and Sebastian was great! I wanted to shake Lena at times, but I understand why she felt the way she did. I felt like this book also makes you really think about things. I only wish the side characters were developed more! Loved it! Full rev ...more
Glire
Sep 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Is there such a thing as trying too hard? Let's see...

"I could not wait to get home, shower off the scent of fried chicken tenders and burnt tomato soup, and finish reading the latest drama surrounding Feyre and the fae courts."

Oh, so Lena reads. I don't like that much the books of SJM, and this feels a bit like advertising, but... she reads and that's good.
------

"Then I was moving on to that sexy contemporary read I’d seen people talking about in the Facebook book club I lurked in, som
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
Aj the Ravenous Reader
“One of the things I’d learned was that when someone offered you a hand, you took it. And sometimes it was hard to see that offer or accept it, but life was easier when you did.”

During the first half of the book I was simply enjoying the story of a girl crushing on her best friend since they were children. I was really looking forward to a cute, romantic read like one of Kasie West’s novels. I forgot this was JLA, the same author of The Problem With Forever which although I loved, I also rea
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Lena Wise is starting her senior year of high school. She is an honor student who also plays varsity volleyball and works part time. Lena has a tight circle of girlfriends from school but her best friend is named Sebastian. He grew up next door and they have been been friends since childhood. The only troubling thing in her life is that she wants a romantic relationship with him. She is afraid to tell Sebastian how she feels fearing that his feelings are not mutual.

Sebastian plays football and
Annemarie
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4.5 🌟

I normally don't read books of this genre (because I just don't care about romance stories) and would have never bought this book for myself. However, I was sent this book and man, am I glad about it! It was so, so much better than I would have ever expected.

Of course there is a romance taking place in this story, but it's done in a cute and not over the top way, which made me happy. I was surprisingly not annoyed by it for once and was rooting for the characters to finally
Alyssa

If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Publication Date: September 5, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Lena Wise is always looking forward to tomorrow, especially at the start of her senior year. She's ready to pack in as much friend time as possible, to finish college applications, and to maybe let her childhood best friend Sebastian know how she really feels ab
Warda
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't hit me as hard as I would've liked. Despite the fact that it speaks about grief and survivors guilt, I just wasn't convinced by the overall story or the romance.

And speaking of romance, I loved Sebastian! Good guys with their pure souls make me melt.

I still enjoyed it. I wish the story had more meat to it though.
Bree Howland
Short and Sweet: If you’re looking for a book to destroy your soul and then piece it back together. Read this.

This book left me like:

description

I sometimes have a hard time reading books that deal with grief. Especially those dealing with survivors guilt or just plain out guilt around someone passing away. Not too long ago, I was in Lena’s shoes. Not the exact situation, mind you, but a situation where I truly believed that I had contributed to someone’s death. And it sucked. I wouldn’t wish it upon my wor
✨ A ✨
This was so not what i was expecting and I'm kind of disappointed. Which is hard for me to admit since I'm am a huge Armentrout fan and I've read all her books.

This book just wasn't very gripping. And the characters could be seriously annoying. There were some parts i loved and some parts that were just a giant eye-roll.

Also major thing that annoyed me was that Lena claims that her family is struggling to make ends meet, but she apparently has books everywhere in her room. And i don't mean sec
Anja H.
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4 MEANINGFUL STARS*

“I knew I couldn’t go back and start a new beginning. I couldn’t rewrite the middle. All I could do was change tomorrow, as long as I had one.”

I've been on a Jennifer L. Armentrout reading spree lately, and while I have yet to encounter a novel written by her that I don't like, I gotta say... Damn, this one hit me hard! She slayed me yet again!

Such a lovely novel about survivor’s guilt, death, friendship and love.
Also, can I have a Sebastian in my life please?!
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4 ugly cry stars

OK this will be difficult to review as the blurb is vague and I don’t want to spoil the plot.

What I will do is briefly speak of the “yesterday” and then have a kind of bullet point review.

Yesterday features our main character, seventeen years old Lena and her three best friends Megan the “hyped kitten”, all bouncy, filled with energy and smart, Abbi quieter and the voice of the reason and Dary on a holiday with her family at that time.

The girls have always been tight
Amy
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-arcs
This was my first experience reading an Arementrout book and everything I’ve heard about her books is true, she will crush your heart in the best possible way, similar to Colleen Hoover. Her writing is raw, highly emotional and so relevant and important. This will be put in my small stack of books to have my kids read when they get older, it’s a must.

Books about vulnerable teens always get me right in the feels and this was no exception. It’s told solely from Lena’s perspective and broken into
Suzanne
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5*
This is a heartbreaking book about a very real situation that occurs too often. It was devastating and beautiful to read. I haven’t read many J.L. Armentrout books but the ones I have read, I have LOVED! She is a wonderful writer and tells gripping stories. I plan to checkout some of her other books very soon!

Overall, this book is emotional and difficult to put down. A devastating situation with so many consequences for all involved. Hits you hard so hold your heart and read!
Jasmine
Thank God it's better and more readable than The Problem with Forever. Although the writing style is the typical JLA, there's no denying that I still love those cheesy scenes. ;)
Tracey (Life and Literature)
3.5 stars for If There's No Tomorrow

Turn on the news any night of the week and it's possible you'll see a story dealing with the events of If There's No Tomorrow. It's such a relevant subject matter, but being as the synopsis for the book doesn't really allude to what that is I'm not really going to delve too closely into that. You're much better off going in not knowing.

Life can change in an instant. One day you're making plans for your future. You have dreams and hopes and plans. And then, in
Tom Lewis
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those YA novels that’s so aggravating at times, but if you can plow through the frustration of the main character escalating her problems by refusing to be honest with her friends, there’s a really beautiful story here about dealing with grief.
AJ
4.5 stars!

An unexpectedly emotional standalone from JLA, but so profound and beautifully written – along with the humor, wit, sweetness and romance that I have come to expect from one of my favourite authors. This is one girl’s journey through heartache, despair, guilt and grief and is a story that I am sure will touch a lot of hearts.

17-year-old Lena is about to begin her senior year of high school. Apart from her key goal of enjoying her final year and scoring a volleyball scholarship, she’s a
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
I just don't know how I feel about this book? It was nice, but not as impactful as I thought it should have been, and none of the characters were that memorable. Except Sebastian. He was a lovable idiot and very cute. Still an idiot though.

I just didn't feel like it was super convincing? It talks a lot about grief and shows it in Lena's character, but it just felt like a textbook response, and not really real. It seemed like it was written from a textbook about grief rather than a real person tr
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.75/5

Review to come!
Kaila
3.5/5 stars

“You do deserve happiness and a future and everything you’ve ever wanted. That one night is not going to define your whole life.”

The question of the day is: Will I ever not enjoy a Jennifer L. Armentrout book? So far, the answer is 100% no. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of her novels to date, and this was no exception. I was worried that I wasn't going to like this book after the first couple of hatters, but it only got better from there. This was a surprising thought-provoking n
Joanna
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
What a roller coaster ride of emotions. This book made me feel a little crazy that I just have to stop when it got too much. ha ha. YA books always make me feel like this. Too many emotions for teens.
One minute I was like...

then the next...
description

Major thought: LENA WISE was a one tough girl.

Thoughts:
1. One big mistake can change everything.
description
Do we ever really know when we're about to make a big mistake? Sometimes, we know or we are conscious about it but there are times that we simply don't exp
Sophie Elaina
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is now one of my favourite contemporaries ever, which is really saying something after all the great books I've read recently. Even though some themes and plot points have been explored in the past by many different authors in loads of different ways I still feel like this was unique. The author took a concept that sadly happens way too often in the real world and was able to truly explore why such things do happen. I'm trying to be vague because I don't want give away plot points, but ...more
ambsreads
DNF @30%

I received an eARC from the publishers via NetGalley

If There's No Tomorrow is a hard pass for me. Not only was the writing quite cringe worthy, but it was trying so hard. I don't hide the fact I'm a fan of JLA's writing, I love a lot of her books. This, was not her best work in my opinion.

From the first chapter we reference A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas and Paper Princess by Erin Watt, one series that I love and the other I would like to burn in a volcano. These references
melissafandomworld
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book..... took my breath away. so tragic,heart breaking and beautifully written. I'm still chock full with emotions right now after just finishing the book.. it was a really emotional rollercoaster ride, reading this book and I mean that in the beat way possible. this book touched my heart, and will leave me thinking about it for a long time to come..

FULL REVIEW ON MY BLOG:
Casey
This book was unfortunately a miss for me. The main character wasn't very interesting and while the story is about grief and some really important topics like survivors guilt and dealing with the loss of your friends it felt random at times and like I was supposed to be sad rather then making me feel something.

The only thing that made me emotional was reliving how I dealt with grief and my personal memories, I don't think that deserves extra stars for making me *feel* something.

The message in t
Cristina
3.5 stars. I really hated the main female character. Why did she have to mess things up so much? I mean her way of thinking made me crazy! So much guilt... and for what?
Sebastian was a perfect guy and I was glad to read about a character so perfect. Because he was perfect. From all points of view.
The story was ok. But that’s it. It was sad and a little bit childish at some points. And that’s why it just wasn’t for me.
Favourite quotes:
“Yeah, he’s hot, but he’s also the school bike and everyone
Cheryl La Pa
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-oct
Loved it! Hard hitting, emotional & unforgettable! I tried so hard not to cry, but failed miserably.
RTC...

• Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • Nosotros en la Luna
  • Tú y otros desastres naturales
  • Ojalá siempre
  • Todo lo que somos juntos (Deja que ocurra, #2)
  • Ébano (Enfrentados #2)
  • Marfil (Enfrentados, #1)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • Begin Again (Again, #1)
  • La fragilidad de un corazón bajo la lluvia
  • Todo lo que nunca fuimos (Deja que ocurra, #1)
  • Cita en la luna
  • You Are Real
  • El teorema de Júpiter
  • Trust Again (Again, #2)
  • 33 razones para volver a verte (Volver a ti, #1)
  • Feel Again (Again, #3)
  • El día que dejó de nevar en Alaska

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo