Tracey (Life and Literature)'s Reviews > If There's No Tomorrow

If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout

3.5 stars for If There's No Tomorrow

Turn on the news any night of the week and it's possible you'll see a story dealing with the events of If There's No Tomorrow. It's such a relevant subject matter, but being as the synopsis for the book doesn't really allude to what that is I'm not really going to delve too closely into that. You're much better off going in not knowing.

Life can change in an instant. One day you're making plans for your future. You have dreams and hopes and plans. And then, in the blink of an eye everything can change. That future you were planning doesn’t seem so achievable or important.

I really liked Lena from the get-go. I found her so relatable and down to earth. She wasn't perfect. She made bad choices and decisions. But I enjoy flawed characters so much because they're real. It’s so much easier to become invested if you’re able to relate to characters and their situations, and that was the case with Lena. Her love of books was an instant win for me. JLA does that often in her books and for me, she can’t go wrong with that.

Sebastian is Lena’s neighbour, friend, and the boy she’s been in love with for years. He was so easy to love! He was sweet, and protective, and caring. I loved the friendship that he had with Lena. It wasn’t always’s smooth sailing, but when things were good between them there was such an ease to their friendship.

I have to say that I thought that there were times when one person or another was a little hard on Lena. She showed a real strength in dealing with everything, and I really admired that about her.

Don’t go into this one expecting a fast paced story. That’s not what this is. If There's No Tomorrow is friendships, it's falling in love, it's dealing with the choices you make, it's growing up.

Whether you're a long time fan of JLA or new to her awesome writing, pick this one up for a read and let me know what you think.

Thanks so much to Harlequin Australia for the free eBook for review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If There's No Tomorrow.

August 4, 2017 – Started Reading