Start by marking “In My Heart A Jewish Girl (Arabic)” as Want to Read:
In My Heart A Jewish Girl (Arabic)

In My Heart A Jewish Girl (Arabic)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  44,118 ratings  ·  5,911 reviews
In the heart of a neighborhood in the Island of dreams Djerba , Reem, a young orphan Muslim girl, lives within a Jewish family, but due to certain circumstances, she is forced to leave Tunisia and moves to south Lebanon to live with a Jewish family as well. There, she becomes a friend with Nada, the Jewish tolerant stubborn girl who is engaged to Ahmad the Muslim mujahid f ...more
Kindle Edition
Published January 9th 2017 (first published July 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about In My Heart A Jewish Girl, please sign up.
Abeer Awwad ربما.. الكاتبة آثرت الحفاظ على خصوصية أصحاب القصة الحقيقية, فغيرت في بعض الأحداث

لا أعلم... هي فكرة دخول كل هذا العدد من البشر الإسلام, بالنسبة لي فكرة…more

لا أعلم... هي فكرة دخول كل هذا العدد من البشر الإسلام, بالنسبة لي فكرة غريبة, ومبالغ فيها..
ولكن! من يدري
(less)
Esraa أولا الروايه دى زودت حبى أنا نفسى فى دينى ما بالك بغيرالمسلمين ، كمان قدمتالإسلام بصورة بسيطة عجبتنى جداً و ناقشت قضايا مهمة زى قضية الحجاب وفرضه بطري…moreأولا الروايه دى زودت حبى أنا نفسى فى دينى ما بالك بغيرالمسلمين ، كمان قدمتالإسلام بصورة بسيطة عجبتنى جداً و ناقشت قضايا مهمة زى قضية الحجاب وفرضه بطريقة عجبتنى جداً وعملت مقارنة بين الأديان التلاتة فى النقطة دى بشكل حلو بردوا .
ثانيا: مين قال أن الرواية هدفها دعوت غير المسلمين للإسلام ؟؟ الكاتبة نفسها مقلتش كدة .. كل ما فى الأمر أنها سمعت قصة أثرت فيها فقررت تعرضها لكن فى محتوى درامى حفاظاً على صاحبة القصة الحقيقية ... وبس :)
(less)

·  44,118 ratings  ·  5,911 reviews

Start your review of In My Heart A Jewish Girl (Arabic)
May 舞
Jul 21, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arabic
I can't believe I used to like and recommend this stupid book -_-
Mina Ajam
A beautiful story but not an extraordinary one !

To be honest Three things attracted me in this book
1-the title of the book , 2-the cover photo ,3-the smell the book does possess
I've enjoyed reading the first half of the book when suddenly events were started concentrating on how a Jewish lady became muslim and started to lose some interest
I think the prejudice towards one religion (Islam here) and vanishing the rule of others added some sort of negativity to this beautiful story
Nada Naeem
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It changed the way i see things. The way i thought about things, especially islam. It made me wanna know more and learn more and it’s so beautiful. The thing is you get to see your religion from a non-muslim point of view and it showed me the big picture of the whole religion. Why we do this and why it’s so beautiful. I’m grateful. I related to some of her struggles and i tried to understand what she must’ve felt like going through her other struggles. Honestly, this book is treasure.
Yasmine Aouissi
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loveeed it so much :') but it would've been perfect if they actually told us how did Sonia and Tania make it :3
Asma
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very reluctant to start such novel simply because I don't want to read about religion nor politics. However, I was amazed by the sequence of events and the easiness of style that I enjoyed it more because it revolves around religion and politics, and not just romance. It portrayed the similarities between Islam, Christianity and Judaism. With an emphasis on the fact that people should judge the religion and its principles rather than its practitioners who may be flawed by false prejudices ...more
Sawsouna Ep benjemia
The title of this book is very well chosen, and was the reason for which I wanted to read It.
The complexity of Its title, make you think the book will be as wealthy in words and scenes as the title but the exaggerated simplicity of the words kinda disappointed me.
But as a first try, I think the author has a lot of potential and hope will consider the usage of more touching and strongest words since the book targets adults more than children.
Farah
This is my second time reading this book, I am lucky enough that the first time I read it was 3-4 years ago, so I could feel ALMOST everything once again.
This review contains spoilers.
I want to mention my favorite character or shall I say person as it was mentioned that this was based on a true story.
Reema.
She was so angelic, how she would sacrifice everything she has, her shelter, Jacob's hugs and compassion when she knew she would lose it all for the sake of what she believed in.
It is not her
Mariam
May 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure exactly how to rate this book overall but I will state what I liked and disliked about the book:

Liked:
1) The idea itself is very nice and touches on the Arabic society of mixed religions in a very nice and realistic way. The interactions of the communities together and the nature of each community are brought to life...
2) The historical atmosphere of the Lebanon war and the reactions of the characters to these events are also real and quite deep.
3) Each character had a distinct per
Intîssàr Blila
That moment when you are in the first page, and then you find yourself staying awake nights in order to finish it as quick as possible .. this feeling is not given by all books, but by this one, it really is. :)
zainab_booklover
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arabic
This book must be translated to English!! and many other languages !!
Everybody should read this book
Duaa Al-musawi
Jan 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If only I can give half star😶
Maryam
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's absolutely amazing and I highly recommend it for any one especially those who are not used to read Arabic books.
Omniyah  Mourad
The first half of the novel was really reliable, pushing me to think deeply about each character la2 w bt3atef m3 kol sha5sya lw7daha ..
The authors way was really good w momt3a all over the novel.
but then 7assat eni f moslasal turkey ! 7agat keter gedan makntsh moqn3a blmra ..
* qesset Islam Sonya, Tanya msh moqn3a etlaqan!
* qodrt Nada, wheya msh motdyna lel drga, to convince all those ppl to Islam msh mantqya otherwise Ahmed took alot to convince her.
* When Jackob turned to Islam and Tanya left
Rima
Apr 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Totally disappointing! I don’t know how many books I have to read to totally recover from this book that is based on demeaning the other! The writer kept on insulting the other, whoever he/she is and whatever his/her religion is. A true Hater that I find truly repellent. What a pity!
A writer is supposed to encompass all people and countries, a writer has no identity because the world is his/hers. Nothing limits his/her vision!
What also hurts me is that her female protagonists have no freedom/
Yomna
Jul 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's an okay book. The only good thing about it is how it makes you feel like a complete donkey. Yes a donkey because you realize how enormous is the information you have no clue about in your religion.
Otherwise it's not so impressive especially with that ending. The ending only implies that the author was sick of writing and just wanted to get over with it.
Marwa
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG that was one amazing book!! i couldn't put it down, i knew i had to finish it as fast as i can!! it has been a while since i read a book that allowed me to sink in its plot and characters! highly recommend reading it, it's now one of my favorite books .. i loved it!
Sarah Hassouneh
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is terrific it worth reading it is sad a little bit but also interesting it puts you on the path of the real life and makes you feel what they feel and just fear what they fear it worth about 7 stars it is just so interesting and enjoyable it basically takes you to another world.
Khalil Laroussi
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in two days, it was a good one, and I like it so much because she was explaining the Arabic life between Muslims and Jewess (and between Tunisia and Lebanon)
Assala Mihoubi
Love the story; though, lots of criticism I should say, but it was from a Muslim point of view so I will expect such endings.
Noura
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was sent to me, from God..
Sara Abdelhakiem
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
just

How awonderfUl and amaZing novel
Miruna Zeinab
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While reading the last pages I literally couldn't hold my tears...beautifully written and deeply moving.
Menna Nakieb
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
how could anything be this beautiful
Adhari
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book so much.. I expected the end will be more interesting than what’s happened, I felt it was more drama.🌹
Aliaq8
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rated-5
such a sweet novel.. it would be a dream for such a story to be true! (wish it was)
Ahmed Nasr
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recommend it
Khouloud Khammassi
I did like the beginning extremely well. However, after about the 120 pages, I started to change my mind. I still like the book, but not extrelly well. I just think it's a good read.
My concerns relate mainly to the linearity of the plot and the confusion it causes changing from one theme to another. I believe had the book been discussed a little more with some readers and/or accomplished writers, it could have been developed into a better work of fiction. Having gone through similar dilemma, I t
Rawan Rabie
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
sigh I took me a lot of time to finish the book because of the language but I'm glad I did. I liked the simplicity of the writing and the complications of the scenario. I'm personally interested in different religions and to read a novel that has to do with a realistic story about the way a jew would live * I know it's not a 100% or a place to take knowledge from but it give an idea and a push to look more into the religion * ... the idea of a jew and a Muslim family is not something unrealistic ...more
yossra khardani
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finish it !! this novel is a breath-taking one.

it represents absolutely an appeal to tolerance , it exposes a real Relationship between different people having different religious orientations ! it shows in a way that " goodness" and "evil" are only human and that Religion is just out of it. It simply make you think of all the prejudice

the novel is also full of woe and distress! the writer just makes you smile and weep simultaneously!
it's so human .

I got a little bored in the middle of the
Romaissa
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book; the story, the characters, and the cover. It was amazing. I actually got to know a lot of things from this book, about Jews and the different cultures in religions... What interests me more is that the book was based on a real story, so i got really attached to it. Even though, it was long and has a lot of details, but that's what made it more real. The writing was good and simple, i liked it and this's my first reading for the author, and i want to read more ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• لأنك الله: رحلة إلى السماء السابعة
  • غزل البنات
من مواليد 1984 بتونس العاصمة

أستاذة جامعية في تقنية المعلومات بجامعة الملك سعود بالرياض

متحصلة على شهادة في الهندسة الصناعية و الماجستير من مدرسة "المناجم" في مدينة سانت إتيان الفرنسية سنة 2008

متحصلة على الدكتوراه في بحوث العمليات (أحد فروع الرياضيات التطبيقية) من جامعة التكنولوجيا بمدينة تروا بفرنسا سنة 2011

روايتها الأولى الصادرة سنة 2012 تحمل عنوان "في قلبي أنثى عبرية" و هي مستوحاة من قصة حقيقية ل

News & Interviews

“لاتجعلى المسلمين ينفرونك من الاسلام فتطبيقهم لتعاليمه متفاوت ..لكن انظرى فى خلق رسول الاسلام وحده ضمن كل البشر خلقه القرآن” 467 likes
“فإنني احمل ذاكرتي على كفي.تلك اللعنة ظلت ترافقني ...لعلني لم ارزق نعمة النسيان مثل كل البشر” 338 likes