Start by marking “Almost Adulting: All You Need to Know to Get It Together (Sort Of)” as Want to Read:
Almost Adulting: All You Need to Know to Get It Together (Sort Of)

Almost Adulting: All You Need to Know to Get It Together (Sort Of)

For fans of Grace Helbig and Alexa Chung comes a fresh, hilarious guide to growing up your way from social media influencer and lifestyle vlogger Arden Rose.

In Almost Adulting — perfect for budding adults, failing adults, and eaters of microwave mug brownies — Arden tells you how to survive your future adulthood. Topics include:

-Making internet friends who are cool and not
Published March 28th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Almost Adulting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost Adulting

Nat
Mar 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, essays
“We’re tough as shit and we’re going to make it.”

In Almost Adulting — perfect for budding adults, failing adults, and eaters of microwave mug brownies — Arden Rose tells you how to survive your future adulthood. Topics include:

• The importance of being your own best friend in life. And treating yourself with kindness.
• Dealing with trichotillomania and discussing mental health issues.
• Modern romance and her two-year relationship with Will Darbyshire, who's book, This Modern Love, I coincidental
Whitney Atkinson
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
This reads less like “Here’s how to adult” than “Here’s how I adult!” That doesn’t surprise me, because most books i’ve read that come from YouTubers always have this air of self-importance (a harsh word, but I don’t know an alternative). I really wish this book would have been sold as a memoir or something other than a how-to guide, because although I love Arden’s message about sex and body positivity, as well as other things mentioned in this book, it was all very standard and not impressing ...more
Kim Jungshe
Mar 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Received it this morning as a gift and finished during a long train ride. Staring out the window would have been more entertaining. Is it a good read? No. Did I learn anything substantial? Absolutely not. I'm not sure if this book was supposed to be informative or entertaining, maybe an attempt at both.. Either way, I don't know what I was expecting out of a book written by a Youtuber in her early twenties sans real job. There are plenty of real self-help type books out there written by professi ...more
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I actually finished listening to the audiobook of this a few days ago, but needed a way before I could sit down and type my full thoughts on it. I recently took out a subscription to the Scribd app and this was my first audiobook I chose off of the app! Needless to say, I have zero regrets about picking this one. Arden is the narrator for her own book and that for me was the right choice. Almost Adulting talks about Arden's life experiences and lots of relatable topics such as school, relationsh ...more
kayla ☕
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
3.5/4.0 STARS
I'm too tired to write a review but this book was adorable. I know a lot of people had problems with it because the "advice" was generic and there were a lot of personal stories but...isn't that the point? I listened to it on audiobook which I think helped. Made the whole thing more relatable and funny.
Steve Buka
Feb 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
A poorly written ghost-written book from yet another YouTuber. This review is not because she is a rude person either.
alice (arctic books)
2.5 stars.

As I'm turning 18 in a less than a month, I thought this book would be perfect for my transition into an Official Adult. To be honest, I didn't know who Arden Rose was before I picked up this book but I liked the cover and the synopsis. Upon reading it, I can sum up my feelings towards this book with "ehhhhh."

What I liked:
- The little pictures! I liked the cute graphics, and I felt like it really added a bit of character to the book, you know? They're actually really adorable.
- The s
Jess
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
I honestly don't understand what the point of this book actually is.
None of the 'advice' was constructive and it just seemed really messy and repetitive to me. It might have been more interesting for those who watch the author's videos as it was more of a very short and light autobiography rather than advice on becoming an adult.
I didn't buy this with the hope of learning anything from it really, but I can't say I found it at all entertaining either. Sorry, this one wasn't for me.
nushu
Dec 13, 2016 marked it as to-read
BEYOND EXCITED and no seriously I need this
Alison
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS
Nothing mind blowingly new as someone who is also almost adulting, but very relatable and kind of funny. Great quick read.
Tan Markovic
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviews can be found on my blog!: www.booknerdtan.wordpress.com

Listened to via Scribd!

Finally, a YouTuber I haven't previously watched or even heard of.
This was a quick and really funny read. I can see why people compare her to Grace Helbig; she has that similar goofy, ball of anxiety type of humour.

Coming into this autobiography without knowing anything about Arden Rose, I definitely left the book loving her and wanting to know more about her so I quickly went to watch some of her videos.

THIS G
Kristina
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Easy, fun and enjoyable :)

I was surprised that I liked so much a book written by a YouTuber, who I haven't even watched. So you can freely read and enjoy it despite not following Arden on any social medias.
Michelle
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The book reads somewhat like a memoir but with some very valid insight and guidance to adulthood. I like the writer's quirky personality that really shined through in the writing style.

I really liked how she addressed society and body image and the concept of what is "beautiful".

"By setting a physical standard based on one particular form, you disqualify entire gene pools, races, and cultures from feeling celebrated. It's not fair that for centuries the 1 percent got to determine what defines
˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗
First of all where can I get myself a relationship like Arden and Will's ?
This was a quick and fun read, the way Arden has written this was very witty and enjoyable to read.
But this book did disappoint me a bit, the stories were fun and some very relatable but it's not that much of an advice book at all and I did hope for that !
Nikita Mittu
I REFUSE TO RATE THIS BOOK. Will review it soon.

Originally posted on The Common Shelf

"No one in the history of mankind has ever been exactly identical to me. That is an incredible and humble idea. I am the only me that will ever exist, and regardless of how insecure I can feel at times, I'm going to do a damn good job at me-ing."

Almost Adulting is a book for all those 20 something year olds who are still figuring out their way in the adult life. It is no guide to entering adulthood, nor is
Judith
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, on-my-shelf
This was just funny & cute & quirky (& relatable) // 3,5 stars
Nelson Jarvis
Mar 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Every month I am given advanced readers copies or unproofed copies of books and this happened to be one of them along with a Charleston Heston biography. I had never heard of Arden until I got my hands on this book from my boss.

The book reminded me of like an adult version of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. I can't say I could relate to it as a lot of the advice seemed unrealistically movie themed or rather fantasy, but overall it was okay.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for practical advi
Hunter R.
May 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Started out good, almost inspirational, then went downhill. Had high hopes for this one.
Daniella
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Idk why this book is getting so much shit, Arden gives specific, insightful advice while other YouTube "self help" books are too fluffy and flighty.
Fiona M
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have never watched Arden's videos and I knew nothing about her going into this book.

I would not describe this book as self help, but more semi biographical with general life advice thrown in. I really enjoyed hearing someone else talk about Trich and long distance relationships and I felt like I could connect with her. It felt like having a conversation with a friend as it was quite informal. The fact that I listened to this on audio and it was Arden who narrates the audiobook meant it made me
Alysa Craigie
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"We're tough as shit and we're going to make it."

This book honestly made me feel like one heck of an adult. It also made me feel like a 15-year-old. But most importantly, it made me feel great about being both of those things. 💜
moon
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
“we're tough as shit and we're going to make it”
Rissa
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have no idea who Adren is but i really, really liked her book!
Biggest thing i got from this book is "You can adult however you want"

Chapter 6... ME
Chapter 10... Eyebrows
Chapter 11... Long distance
Chapter 15... 🤰😂

Favorite quotes:
"Why the hell do i need ticket validation"
"People are all narcissistic jerk who only care about themselves"
"Some may call me antisocial..."
"This man was British and cute"
"Im like an emotional troll"
"My butt jumped ahead of the pack"
"Hey its me the girl battling adult a
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This was okay, I think I was expecting a little more? I love Arden and Will's relationship so I was excited to learn a little more about them and how they started dating. I think this should have been marketed more as a memoir though, like more about things Arden learned on her way to becoming an adult not a "know it all guide for adulting."
Kaitlyn
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyed my time reading this but it was nothing groundbreaking.
hanne amelia
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
For me, this was a three stars-read (meaning I liked it) until the Dad-chapter. After that I was just waiting for it to end, really.
Alex (My Bookish World)
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I hadn't heard of Arden before this, but man this book was something I needed and I will probably reread in the future.
Katie Olson
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charming and quirky, but a little redundant. Still, I can see it's value among today's high school generation. I wish it had come out when I was a teenager. Arden's YouTube career is very notable, and the fact that she was able to fit a book in that comes across as genuine and authentic to readers is impressive.
Joyce
Mar 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I got this book because I follow Arden on YouTube and I wanted to support her work. I would say that the majority of this book is aimed at people who are about to/have recently moved away from home. I moved to London almost three years ago so I'm in a similar place in my life to Arden. That being said I did still enjoy reading Arden's story and it never hurts to be reminded to take care of yourself.
Haven Wright
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars.

This was exactly what I thought it would be. A quirky and satirical approach to making your way through adulthood. This arrived at my house today and I immediately started reading it.

My favorite chapters were "That Time I Literally Started Pulling My Hair Out" and "Let's Talk About Sex Until I Make You Mildly to Extremely Uncomfortable." Both of these chapters would have been extremely beneficial to me during my middle school and high school years. I love how Arden has always been o
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Almost Adulting 2 15 Mar 01, 2018 05:25AM

• Bloom: navigating life and style
  • America: A Narrative History, Volume 1
  • It's Your Universe: You Have the Power to Make It Happen
  • The Steampunk Tarot
  • The Drunken Spelunker's Guide to Plato
  • How to Photograph Absolutely Everything: Successful Pictures from Your Digital Camera
  • The Time Traveler's Handbook
  • Beauty Fades, Dumb Is Forever: The Making of a Happy Woman
  • The Right Way to Do Wrong: A Unique Selection of Writings by History's Greatest Escape Artist
  • Journalistas: 100 Years of the Best Writing and Reporting by Women Journalists
  • The Walking Dead Psychology: Psych of the Living Dead
  • Comic Book Nation: The Transformation of Youth Culture in America
  • Balancing in Heels: My Journey to Health, Happiness, and Making it all Work
  • You Are Here: A Portable History of the Universe
  • The Christmas Angel
  • Das Scheißleben meines Vaters, das Scheißleben meiner Mutter und meine eigene Scheißjugend
  • The ABCs of Journaling
  • Meet Sailor Moon
“The release and joy that come from luxury are only felt when you earned it.” 4 likes
“Realize that you can’t let the feelings of others make you live less.” 4 likes