Start by marking “How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People” as Want to Read:
How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People

How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People

Taking a brass tacks approach to communication, How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing With People explains how to interact with others as they really are, not as you would like them to be. The goal is to get what you want from them successfully – be it cooperation, goodwill, love or security.

Les Giblin, a recognized expert in the field of human relations, has devi
Published November 1st 1985 by Prentice Hall Press (first published 1956)

Be the first to ask a question about How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People

Shawn
Jun 24, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"The man or woman who realizes that he is "something" not because of what he has done or how good he has been, but by the grace of God in endowing him with a certain innate worth, develops a healthy self-esteem." -Les Giblin, p. 13. I stopped reading there.
Matt
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've read this book several times over the years. Along with Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" this book is a must-read for anyone that wants to be able to communicate with other people in any meaningful way. I would especially recommend for those of you who tend to be introverted (like myself).
لطيفة
نصحيتي لك
هي اقرأ الكتاب بتركيز واهتمام..
مع أنه أصلاً يجبرك رغماً عنك على القراءة بتريث ..
كتاب أضافني الكثير صراحة..
واكتشفت لاحقاً أثناء قراءة هذه الليلة
كتاب ابراهيم الفقي رحمه الله
قوة التحكم في الذات،تشابه المحتوى بشكل واضح.
حياة كريمة
Jason Riemens
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I listened to this on audiobook and it is only about three hours, but the program is packed with useful and applicable information. You can start using what it talks about from only listening to the first few minutes. This book is about human relations and every suggestion, technique, and principle discussed was right on. Admittedly, much of it seems like common sense after hearing it or I have read it before (How to Win Friends and Influence People), but most of us need to hear or read somethin ...more
E
Oct 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Sage advice for getting along with people

The world has changed so dramatically over the past half-century that many advice books from so long ago are no longer relevant, but Les Giblin’s relationship-oriented work seems likely to endure forever. The ideals he espoused in 1956 still represent the bedrock fundamentals for getting the most depth and satisfaction from your interpersonal connections. You’ll be impressed with Giblin’s grasp of human nature. What’s more, his advice is applicable in al
Vanga Srikanth
How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People Review by Vanga Srikanth..

About the Author
One of the pioneers of the personal development industry, Les Giblin was born in 1912 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. After serving in the military, Giblin began a sales job with the Sheaffer Pen Company in 1946. His successful career in door-to-door sales allowed him to become an ardent observer of human nature and eventually earned him two titles as national Salesman of the Year. Talking lessons from his s
Vinu
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I talked myself out of a speeding ticket after reading this book. 5 stars in my opinion.
imane
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: علم-نفس
كتاب رائع رائع رائع ...انت المسؤول الوحيد عن الطريقة التي يتعامل بها معك الاخرون انت من تهيؤ خشبة المسرح التي سيلعبون عليها ادوارهم. الكتاب سيعرفك على الطبيعة الانسانية فالخجول مثلا يحاول مسايرة الاخرين وهو بذلك يقوم يايذاء نفسه وفي المقابل المغرور يحاول فرض نفسه عليهم وكلاهما يفتقدان الى الثقة بالنفس الاول ينسحب والثاني يحاول تعزيز ثقته عبر نفش ريشه وادعاء ما ليس فيه. بعد قراءة الكتاب انتبهت لامور لم الاحظها من قبل مثلا في بعض الاحيان اقلل من شائني مراعاة لمشاعر الاخرين وفي المقابل اعامل من طرف ...more
Alaa Khoj
ويسرد النصائح والقصص بشكل جذاب
انصح الجميع بقرائته :)
Romoab
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read the book “ How to have confidence and Power when dealing with people”. Les Giblin wrote the book, the genre of the book would be an informational type of book. Its a non fiction leadership book so what the book talks about you can apply it to everyday situations. More than five years ago,Les Giblin first described how mastering the basic principles of human behavior could ensure success for business people, and just about anyone else. Today hundreds of thousands of readers can attest, his ...more
Linda
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I saw the book was first written in 1956, I wasn't sure if it would be relevant in today's society. I was pleasantly surprised, the format of the book was easy to understand and follow.

A few quotes from the book:

"A starved ego is a mean ego"

LS/MFT = Low esteem means friction and trouble

Satisfy another person's ego for self-esteem and he will automatically become more friendly and likeable

Simon Gianoutsos
This book had been sitting on my bookshelf for years and I was expecting it to be an over the top sales book so had put off reading it, but I was so wrong and now wish I had read it years ago. This is a superb book that has lots of great advice, good examples and is well written. I also really appreciate the short recap that each section has at the end summarising the key points.
Krista Streuly
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
No matter how great or horrible you are in dealing with people, this book has great insight into how the other person is wired and how you can help in growing teams of people, resolving conflict and become an expert in working with people!
Nada Quorain
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
الكتاب يستحق القراءة أكثر من مرة، هو لا يتحدث فعلاً عن كيفية التعامل بثقه وقوة بقدر تركيزه على أخطائنا التي نرتكبها بحق الآخرين في معاملاتنا وأحاديثنا اليومية من غير أن نشعر
Nick
Jul 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: how-to, own
This book helped me tremendously at a point in my life when I lacked confidence in social/work situations. It's an oldie but a goodie.
Clayton Tune
Dec 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
One of the best books on people skills out there. Definitely one to read more than once. Recommended for any manager, business owner or anyone just looking to grow more confident in dealing with people.
Daisybel
i want to read it but how ? im really want it ?
Lola
Feb 16, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Interesting concepts. I will have to see if I can put them to work at work.
Nasser Al-mrikhy
كتاب ممتع جداً .. تكتشف معه كيف يفكر الناس و ماذا يريدون وكيف تقدم لهم ذلك لتكسب محبتهم و إحترامهم
Rimy
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
اكثر من راااائع
Denise Alvarado
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excelente lectura .. ahora a implementar los conocimientos y realizar nuestro autoanálisis ..
Jure Brkinjač
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book on human psychology and human relations. It contains so many little nuggets of "common sense wisdom" and guidelines for how to deal with people. Most of it can be summed up with the Golden Rule - treat others as you yourself want to be treated.

I really liked the summary sections at the end of each chapter, which can serve as a great list of guidelines for dealing with people.
Richard Monyer
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought, print-book
I thought the title sounded hokey and contrived, but I sure was wrong! This is a must read for everyone who deals with people and unless you're a hermit, that means you. The relationship principles are very easy to apply and the fun thing is you can start using them right away. It's a lot of fun to see an immediate difference when you're out and about interacting with co-workers, your server at a restaurant, your parole officer, your mom, even your wife! Knowledge is power.
David Tendo
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm glad that Giblin kept this short, concise and most importantly, relevant - these "how to deal with people" books can get tedious and repetitive. This was more like an extended version of the classic "How To Win Friends and Influence People". There's a lot of practical and up-to-date examples of how to use the techniques suggested.
Krystan
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. It was written a while ago but the principles still apply. Human relations haven't changed as much as we think. People still love to talk and hear about themselves. I have a lot of work to do to have a bit more confidence when talking to people. But, the number one lesson I learned was to let others talk. I need to learn to LISTEN better and more often than I speak.
Top-Me حُسين بلعباس
كتآب في تنمية الذآت يعملك أساليب جميلة في التعامل مع النآس مع إبراز أهم السمآت التي تميز كل شخص على حدى
Hayfa
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
كتاب يستحق القراءة اكثر من مرة مع تركيز ,اسلوب الكاتب ممتع ورائع وغني بالنصائح في التعامل مع الناس .
Hossam 🍃
  • Voyage of a Viking: How a Man of Action Can Become a Man of Grace
  • Freedom Shift: 3 Choices to Reclaim America's Destiny
  • How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself
  • Toughen Up!
  • The Dream Giver
  • The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
Talking lessons from his
“A good rule to remember in complimenting people is this: people are more pleased at a compliment if you praise them for some virtue that is not glaringly obvious.” 2 likes
“You yourself are more responsible for how you are accepted than anyone else. Many people worry about what other people will think of them. But few realize that the world forms its opinion of us, largely from the opinion we have of ourselves.” 2 likes