Start by marking “Your Inner Awakening: The Work of Byron Katie: Four Questions That Will Transform Your Life” as Want to Read:

Discover the Four Questions that Will Forever Transform Your Life's Journey

No matter how much money, status, or success they may have, very few people experience true joy and personal freedom. Byron Katie knows this reality too well. In the midst of a "normal and successful" life, she was sinking deeper and deeper into depression and despair until a sudden, profound insi
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published February 13th 2007 by Simon Schuster Audio/Nightingale-Conant

To ask other readers questions about Your Inner Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Inner Awakening

Jeske
Sep 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
Absolutely not my cup of tea. Where it is of course useful to question your own thoughts about a situation that causes stress or anger or depression, to do so with a much too simplified method where the turnout is always the same (your thoughts are false) is in my opinion missing the mark in many and even harmful in some situations.
I'd rather take myself and my thoughts seriously on the whole, taking it with a pinch of salt here and there of course. When endeavouring to examine my thoughts, i w
Keshav Bhatt
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having worked on the 4 questions worksheet from the recommendation of many of my friends who are coaches, I really enjoyed learning more about the ideas behind it.

Byron Katie created what she calls the "Four questions" as a means of self inquiry to delve deeper into your psyche and your thoughts. As with anything, you need to try it out for yourself to experience the benefits. For me, I've found them incredibly powerful in shifting your focus to what the real truth of your experience is. Especi
Pam
Aug 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I just love her philosophy. Your own thoughts can create peaceful or stressful feelings in your life. So simple to question the beliefs your mind has and truly become a positive thinker. Great book.
Nadin Soliman
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
it works!
Mike
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This book started off a one for me. By the time it was finished, I could see the merit in the approach.
Suzanne
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Better the second time. I read this 8 years ago and felt very confused by it.
culley
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
Self-help guru alert! What’s all this Katie Byron stuff about? I have heard several people talking about Katie Byron, so I decided to check it out.

According to Katie, we suffer when we believe our thoughts, and we are freed from our suffering when we question our thoughts. Our untrue thoughts are the source of suffering. Katie has developed a concrete technique for questioning your thoughts. She calls this The Work and refers to it as meditation— I think of it as mind training. Her technique is
Laurie
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Byron Katie has such great insight into life. She understands how we project our challenges and frustrations onto other people. As one who often seeks others' approval, I love how she reminds us that we need to get our own approval for ourselves. That is the most important thing. Accept and love ourselves for who we are. Next, love and accept others for who they are without trying to change them. Then, drop the whole "trying to get others to approve of us" bit. It will never work.

and of course..
Arminda Lindsay
Start with this one. I've been walking my way around Byron Katie for over a year now because I couldn't wade through all the YouTube videos or make time to pick up "Loving What Is." My coach sent me this one and I've just finished listening and I'm a fan, a believer and a convert to Katie's four questions.

For those ready to rid themselves of negative thinking, fear, and corrosive victim mentality, answering Katie's questions will take you inside yourself which is where all the answers reside.

H
jencurlygurl
Oct 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
To be fair, I didn't finish this book. I found the first couple of chapters so extremely off-putting, that I actually got mad. What is said is so extremely inflated and arrogant. The author claims that suffering ALWAYS (note there are no exceptions) is optional. How narrow is her view of the world to claim something so ridiculous? Of course for her it might have been optional, as her biggest problem was her own awful behaviour to her kids.
I found this truly awful.
Theresa
Sep 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Miraculous
Maureen
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
JUST WONDERFUL, BUILDING ON LOVING WHAT IS, AND DEEPENING MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORK OF BYRON KATIE. LIFE CHANGING.

Whoops, caps lock on, not declaiming :)
Lindsay
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Byron Katie's Work is transformative. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading her books and I can't think of anyone who wouldn't benefit from The Work.
DianeK Klu
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great book for the school of life.
Brian Tibbetts
Nov 08, 2008 rated it liked it
interesting..
Wendy Hollister
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
a good guide for living a full and peaceful life. Great life skills.
Majeed
Nov 19, 2018
Patomked Boonma
Apr 03, 2016
BONOH MOGOMOTSI
rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2015
Paul Mort
Feb 04, 2015
Hardik Patel
Sep 21, 2016

• The Breakout Principle: How to Activate the Natural Trigger That Maximizes Creativity, Athletic Performance, Productivity, and Personal Well-Being
  • Coming Closer to Ourselves: Making Everything the Path of Awakening
  • A Gentle Path Through the Twelve Steps: The Classic Guide for All People in the Process of Recovery
  • Use Your Body to Heal Your Mind: Revolutionary Methods to Release All Barriers to Health, Healing and Happiness
  • iWant: My Journey from Addiction and Overconsumption to a Simpler, Honest Life
  • Advanced Energy Anatomy: The Science of Co-Creation and Your Power of Choice
  • Loyalty To Your Soul: The Heart of Spiritual Psychology
  • Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love
  • Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved
  • The Story of You (And How to Create a New One)
  • Leap of Perception: New Attention Skills for the Intuition Age
  • Many Ways to Nirvana: Reflections and Advice on Right Living
  • How to Survive the Loss of a Love (How to Survive)
  • Fall in Love, Stay in Love
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World
  • Fried: Why You Burn Out and How to Revive
  • How Did I Get Here?: Finding Your Way to Renewed Hope and Happiness When Life and Love Take Unexpected Turns
  • Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-Committment
Byron Kathleen Mitchell, better known as Byron Katie, is an American speaker, writer, and founder of a method of self-inquiry called The Work of Byron Katie or simply The Work.

Katie became severely depressed in her early thirties. She was a businesswoman and mother who lived in Barstow, a small town in the high desert of southern California. For nearly a decade she spiraled down into paranoia, rag