Start by marking “Seasons Within (Seasons Within, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seasons Within (Seasons Within, #1)

Read Book

Seasons Within

(Seasons Within #1)

(Revised/Proofread version uploaded April/2017)

Most teenage girls know their name, where they came from, who they are. Not G, a beautiful redhead with unusual markings on her wrist. She gets her name from a silver locket she keeps around her neck, unaware the engraved letter “G” on its front holds the secret to her past.

G’s life before the age of six has been a mystery to
Paperback, First Edition, 386 pages
Published December 15th 2016 by Acorn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Seasons Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons Within

Start your review of Seasons Within (Seasons Within, #1)
Lonna | FLYLēF
FLYLēF Reviews

Original Post: Seasons Within at FLYLēF (www.flylef.com)

AS A DESIGNER, I'm irresistibly drawn to the cover of Seasons Within. It's vibrant and whimsical. I felt completely enchanted by it, and even more so after reading the opening scene. With a plot that coils like the tangles of the First Tree's root, I was wrapped in Lele Iturrioz's earnest fantasy world crawling with horrendous beasts, yet balanced with the magical beauty of nature and the unwavering bonds of friendship.

G is an orphan wi
Uma    | Books.Bags.Burgers
(I received a free eBook from the author via Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.)

CHARACTERS

G is a mysterious character who's past is unknown even to her. She is an oddity among others around her. She is quite the cliched heroine but Iturrioz does a good job making the character work. I enjoyed seeing her dreams at the very beginning and how her memories come back to her.

My favourite character was Priyam who is sassy and pretty much awesome. It makes me happy to see an In
Natshane
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of Seasons Within provided by Xpresso Book Tours and the author. Thank you so much for introducing me to a whole new series I couldn't tear myself away from!

So many feelings.
So many thoughts.
So little words.

I couldn't even begin to describe the mind-blowing epicness of this book because it literally gave me a book hangover.

I've been reading too many contemporary romance novels and been craving for a fantasy fix instead, and this book was like a god-giv
Paola Pavón
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book is quite amazing. I enjoyed myself a lot while reading it; it has a lot of magic inside it and the author describes the characters and the settings in a way that makes you feel inside of the book. It is a warranty you will like it if you enjoy reading books like Harry Potter, Narnia or The Mortal Instruments.
The author has a pretty big imagination, which keeps the book away from being too mainstream.
Personally, I can't wait to read book #2. The ending of Seasons Within leaves you intri
Claire
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recap: G is an orphan, she doesn't know who her parents were, when her birthday is or what her real name is. Until she meets Mr Blau and her entire life changes.

Review: A stiff beginning almost put me off but once we got into the story momentum it picked up pace. The characters are really well defined with great personalities. I have too many favourites to choose just one! There are four seasons and four elements so we know what's to come but I like the fact it wasn't all squashed into one book
Alex McGilvery
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
G is a high school student. She lives in an orphanage with her best friend, Priy. She’s seventeen and always been a bit odd, as she remembers nothing of where she came from or even her name. She’s called G because of the necklace she’s worn since she was found.
The oddness around G escalates to bizarre and scary, and she’s not sure if the new teacher Mr. Blau has anything to do with it. He doesn’t act like a normal teacher.
Lele avoids most of the common tropes with this book. Each of the main cha
Cheryl Whitty
REVIEW
SEASONS WITHIN
BY LELE ITURRIOZ

What a wonderful surprise Seasons Within is, I fell in love with most of characters from the word go. I actually read it in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down.
This is about G and her friend Priyam who live in an Orphanage in small town America. G can’t remember anything before 12 years ago, and Priy parents are dead .So they are as close as sisters.
This is the start of an incredible adventure, which we are gradually introduced to the six, and the flight to sa
Great new series!
Review to come on February 3rd.
Ignaz V
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mysterious world? Got it
Charming characters? Got it
Great story? Got it
AMAZING HUMOR? Got it
The only thing I need now is the patience to wait for the 2nd book in the series!
Yvonne Davies
What if you wandered out of a forest, 6 years old and no memory of who you are. G was that girl, 12 years on she still lives in the orphanage with her best friend Priyam. However, things soon change when a new teacher starts at school and G soon learns more about Mother Nature.
Whilst there quite a few books out there with a similar theme, this book had something different. G had not got the perfect life, with an unusual name and an odd birthmark, she was a target for bullies. However, she loved
Elizabeth
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves YA Fantasy
Loooved this book. It had beautiful imagery, characters and creatures. The plot was written magnificently. It's one of those stories that you can't wait to finish because you want to know what happens, and simultaneously you don't want it to end!
Highly recommend it!

See my full review here :)
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
***This book was reviewed for Xpresso Book Tours***

Seasons Within by Lele Iturrioz is a classic tale of the balance between life and death, growth and entropy, of resurrection and rebirth. G was abandoned as a young child, with only a locket with the letter 'G’ on it. She has no clear memory of who she is or where she came from. Nightmares of war plague her, as do ferocious migraines. She is an usual girl, with an affinity for working with animals, and an ingrained love of nature.

When a new tea
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
G grew up in an orphanage and has no memory of her life before the age of six when she was abandon. Over time her memories start to come back to her in increments but very slowly. G loves nature, she loves being outside with all the trees, plants and animals. One of her best friends is a tree named Bobby. G is one with nature.

G has a necklace that she has had ever since she can remember and one day it is ripped from her neck and all her protection is gone. She is then taken away by her new teac
Fee Roberts
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, read-2017
Seasons Within by Lele Iturrioz is the first book in the Seasons Within series. G is an orphan and has no recollection of who she is or where she came from.

For me, this story was full of inconsistencies. The grammatical errors, which is to be expected with an ARC, was just far too much even for an ARC. I'm not sure if this book was self-published, but I don't think English is the author's first language. With that being said, this book has potential. Hopefully the next book will be properly edit
Alejandra H. Ulloa
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it's so different to all we are acostumed, the characters are amazingly developed and you instantly connect with at least one. The story also captivates, you can feel the joy, the stress and also the fear. Can't wait to read the whole saga! =) ...more
Maria Sendra
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was amazing, I couldn't stop reading it, kept me wanting to know more about G's life.... such powerful characters, very interesting how they interact and how they each have their own story. ...more
Jess
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
At the end of the year, I ambitiously signed up for several blog tours scheduled for the beginning of the year and had planned to start them the first week of the year. However, that was before I took the detour of reading The Darkest Minds, which resulted in me devouring the series without reading any of the books I had planned to read and review or posting anything to my blog until now. Happy New Year everyone!

While I don't plan to post reviews of The Darkest Minds books, because I have so man
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant!!

I adore the relationships we see building, and can’t wait to see where they all go from here! So many interactions between the characters that are progressing, whilst still being intriguing and mysterious.

This book has made me laugh, smile, cry and groan in frustration.

By far my favourite YA Fiction read of the year so far! I enjoyed every single page and couldn’t put it down, so I read it in one sitting, staying up until now (not far off 1am) to write my review while every
Saida Sukman
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Check out the review on my blog for a chance to win the giveaway: https://erubooksandrecs.wordpress.com...

First thing first, I really love the cover of the book. But that wasn't the reason why I was drawn to this book. This is the reason:

When she meets her new Chemistry professor, a man with an uncanny resemblance to the boy who saves her, she knows there must be more to her dreams.

Yes, yes, so sue me for loving that cliche. But don't worry, there are no mushy romance in this book. What you can
Eva Martín
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
G discovers that she's not alone as she thought. With her best friend Pryam at her side, they took a self discovery journey with new friends and a captivating Edan who swears to protect her for the incoming evil that "He" spreads everywhere.

Delightful story, adorable characters, and a brand new world to discover. This book makes you wonder about the way we treat the earth we live in. A gorgeous message for all.
It's hilarious the way Lele writes. You will love all Seasons Within represents. I wo
Ana Itza
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Definitely a YA book.

It's a fantasy narrative like many others around, the same structure but a different leader. The characters are made with love but it doesn't make them weak or bad constructed, on the contrary, they are full of mysteries and so human. It's like a mix between "I'm number 4" and "Once upon a time". This saga accomplishes the "hero's journey" proposed by Joseph Campbell but with some jokes, childish reactions and juvenile loves.

This book has some grammatical mistakes and typo
Arkgirl
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reading the first few pages I wasn't sure whether I was going to enjoy this but then it jumped ahead with a new direction and I was hooked. G is living in an orphanage with only her dreams giving her anything memories about her background and then a new teacher arrives at her school and things start getting crazy. This YA fantasy book has some fun characters, romance, humour, some creative twists and some great messages about caring for nature.
There are messages about friendship and loyalty so e
Brenda Pavon
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!, it literally has everything: romance, action, mystery. I really recommend it, it's the type of book that hooks you and you have to keep reading because your mind begs you to, it's really easy to read and it helps you to take your mind of the real world and all your problems by taking you to a little trip to fantasy. if you do read it, i hope you love it as much as i did. ...more
Quique Flores Francisco
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The world of Terra is fabulous, a place where we all want to live.

It seems super interesting the theme of the book, because new worlds is an exciting thing, but the fact that the protagonist does not remember her name and has a great mission ahead as "mother nature" makes you sting and even reread more than once.

An excellent job.
Tatra
This book seemed like it was fun to write, but I just couldn’t get into it. I don’t know, everything worked out too easily, there wasn’t any real mystery left unsolved for more than a chapter, there were too many inside jokes. It must have been a fun book to write, I could see it, but not enough for me to be absorbed.
Yamileth
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book? I just loved it, there's not enough words for me to describe how much I loved it. It brought me so much joy and happiness! It's a fun read, please do it, you won't regret it. ...more
Yuz Mendoza
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have the same book signed by the author, that and be a best friend of Adriana helped make it one of my favorites. The mystery that has enamora and leaves you wanting to always read one more chapter. I could not sleep until I finished.💖
Kamini Mehta
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are some predictable plot devices at the beginning. It's hard to write a YA novel without at least some common themes. Pleasantly surprised that this author took those familiar ideas and wrote something original and engaging. I will read more! ...more
Mane Potter
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was even more than amazing, I couldn't stop reading it, I fell in love with every character, every landscape, every scene, every damn letter!! Gods, I loved it. ...more
g e hamilton
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book

Really enjoyed reading, one of the books you can escape inside. Looking forward to reading book two. Excellent escapism. Recommended

• Persona normal
  • Killing Stalking
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy #1)
  • 블러드 뱅크 [Blood Bank]
  • Save Me
  • Corazonadas
  • Ética para Amador
  • Las batallas en el desierto
  • La conexión (Los dominios del Ónix Negro, #2)
  • La elevación (Los dominios del Ónix Negro, #1)
  • Mestizo (La era de los Místicos, #1)
  • La unión (Los dominios del Ónix Negro, #3)
  • Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles #1)
  • Killing Stalking Season I 02
  • Killing Stalking Season 5
  • Killing Stalking. First Season: 3
  • Killing Stalking. First Season: 4
  • Baila para mí
See top shelves…
Major geek by day, hermit writer by night! Love books, sugar gliders and everything that comes in a taco.

I’m the author of the YA fantasy series, Seasons Within

I spend my time writing, planning on writing,  reading, eating (yum!), doing some Muay Thai and drinking industrial amounts of coffee with a fellow writer :)

Seasons Within (2 books)
  • Spring (Seasons Within, #2)