Start by marking “The Trouble with Time (Time Rats, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Time (Time Rats, #1)

The Trouble with Time

(Time Rats #1)

In 2015, Floss Dryden is snatched from her own time and take

Published April 5th 2016 by Kindle Press

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Time

Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
The Trouble with Time (Time Rats #1) by Lexi Revellian is a pretty good time travel book. I read the second book first and liked it and just now getting to the first one. I liked it but I think book 2 was better. It got a little confusing in places and I had to re-read it but mostly it was pretty good. They are like time cops and then they has to deal with a rogue machine but there might be a insider that has gone bad. Interesting and kept me reading.
Oscar Gottardi
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great start to this time traveling series!!!

This was great from start to finish. Excellent character development and there are plenty of interesting characters including a German Shepard. There are a few jumps that will keep you on your toes. This was a really nice easy read and that finished faster then I hoped. I'm really looking forward to the next book.
Pauline Ross
The author is one of very few whose work I will buy without hesitation, because I’ve never read a bad one yet. This one didn’t break the pattern, but for me it wasn’t quite the unalloyed pleasure of her previous books. This is mostly because of the time travel theme, one that I find tricky at the best of times. I like a nice, linear plot that proceeds at a steady pace from A to Z without too many meandering deviations. Time travel stories start at A, but after that all bets are off. They may pro ...more
Paul Wandason
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Time travel plays a dominant role in “The Trouble with Time ” with many time travel issues addressed.

The basic premise is a brilliantly inverted grandfather paradox. This is where the grandchild goes back in time, kills his grandfather and...blah blah, you know it already. The paradox arises because there’s a question over which history occurred (which affects whether the grandchild exists or not).

In "The Trouble with Time" the question comes from the other side – from the viewpoint of the past,
Karen
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an interesting twist on time travel. Very quickly after it is invented, the powers that be decide that chaos will ensue if travel to the past is allowed and it is outlawed. Designated officials are allowed limited travel to the future only to avoid problems that might occur for humanity. The twist comes when illegal trips are taken by several persons, each causing a jump, skip, or turn in the plot. Well done.
Gordon Ralph
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WoW ! ...I really liked this book and I am pleased to have found a new Author (to me) that is very new and refreshing!. I actually made myself stay up till 12;30 am last night to finish this story I just couldn't go to sleep without finding out what happens . A very interesting story of time travel,a subject that has always fascinated me, This story was very well told ,brilliant characterisation, its nice to have a female lead for a change in this sort of story. I was there in the story watching ...more
chantal forget
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ce n'est pas le genre de livre que j'aime.
Premièrement, j'étais rendue presqu'à la moitié du livre quand l'histoire revient en arrière et recommence. Un tronc commun, mais à un point critique les évènements diffèrent et change complètement la première histoire.
Je m'étais attaché à cette histoire, ces personnages et là, bang, changement de cap. J'ai failli arrêter de lire.
J'ai continuer, et comme je tournais la page pour lire le prochain chapitre. Je me suis rendu compte que j'étais rendu à la fi
Mandy Walkden-Brown
An adventure and twist-filled, suspenseful read.

'It’s hard to arrest a man who owns a time travel device; if he sees you coming he can press a couple of buttons and be sometime else.'

Now that's an enticing beginning of a book, sure ensnared me promptly.

Rather a brilliant time travel tale. No paradoxes, just subtle shifts in the timeline brought on by the actions of the time traveller(s). Cleverly done, deftly woven

Solid, likeable characters, and an antagonist that's so very easy to loathe. .
Lori
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. I was pleasantly surprised reading this time travel tale I picked up on special. The story is fairly interesting, the characters are perhaps a bit stereotypical but decent, and the time travel is interesting enough without being mind-numbingly nit picky. It was a tad disappointing to find out that the Time Police don't actually accomplish much, nor do they act much like police, since I was hoping for more police procedural in this book. But it was a fun read, and I will probably pic ...more
Eddie Lynagh
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Time travel is confusing enough !!

My point is that you don't have to use the whole book to prove it. I felt the "travelling" expanded at the expense of the story line ,however ,using one scenario about 3/4 times(rescue of Jace) was very clever and def filled up the word count. Read through in about 5 hours so not worth £3.35
Michael Davis
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun stuff! I’ve read LOTS of time travel stories and this one managed to do something none of the others had- surprise me. Criss-crossing timelines, red herrings, dangling clues as to causes of future developments, characters easy to love, and to hate. Started the second one already!
Mike Milligan
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Alright but very predicable, possibly wont read amy more
Deb Miller
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story and the characters - even the villain. I'll be reading the next book in the series.
Helen Barton
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good. Nice,light time travel story. Gives a nod here and there to hitch hikers
Tina
Jan 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Made no sense, didn't get gripped by the story so sbdf
Rosemary Desris
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice

This was a really good story except after jason appeared to have died ,it was not really clarified , then Quinn seemed to appear alive and well out of no where . I had to keep going back to see if I missed something . I didn't . I think . Other then that I will be reading next book now . If that happens again I will cry , and stop reading a would be great story
5ngela
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
To be honest, it was always painful to give review with less than 3 stars rating. But I really don't like the story. I don't say it was bad. It just I don't really understand what this story is all about. You can say I am not used with this kind of story. I don't even know who is the main characters. I can understand some people will like it. Unfortunately, I really really dislike it. I am disappointed because I have high hope for this story but it fails me.

Actually I really like Jace Carnady a
Mark Gardner
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
The Trouble With Time, by Lexi Revellian, is a reverse grandfather paradox time travel story. Many writers of time travel tend to be sloppy with the story and ignore any plot holes under the auspice of time travel wonkiness. I was pleased that Lexi chose to work within the confines of her story, and any loose ends that the story introduced were mostly explained away by the end of the book.

A big issue with anthropomorphic time travel, is that there can never be a story, since, as Lexi put it in t
David Caldwell
Jace Carnady works for the Time Police, the group responsible for tracking down and stopping illegal time travel. He lives in 2045. Floss Dryden is taken from the year 2015 because it is believed her actions will lead to a worldwide event that will end all of humanity. Together, Jace and Floss will have to try and restore their lives as they begin to unravel.

Truthfully, I am not the biggest fan of time travel stories. i feel they quite often use time travel to be sloppy in the details of the plo
Johanna
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was not expecting this book to be as good as it was. Well-written, characters being SMART (for the most part), interesting little details about what the future might look like. The villain is such a smug jerk, I love to hate him. There's kind of two protagonists, but it's the woman Floss (nickname for Florence) who you spend the most time with. I liked her, she's sensible, logical, doesn't give up easily and doesn't get scared easy (or at least can keep her cool even if she feels scared). I wa ...more
Mekerei
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
"It's 2045. Jace Carnady works for the Time Police, dedicated to the prevention of timecrime. Life is good; he loves his girlfriend and enjoys his work. But when the team gets wind of a rogue time machine and fails to find it, Jace suspects one of his colleagues may be involved, and his life begins to unravel . . .

In 2015, Floss Dryden is snatched from her own time and taken to the future – but will this really prevent the extinction of humanity?
"

I enjoyed the concept of the time travel. It was
Rebecca
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-scout
I wasn't sure I'd like this book. The writing is good, the characters have depth, and the world the author has created is well-defined, but the beginning felt rather predictable--bad cop putting the blame of a crime on a rookie. Then it picked up, and the story delved into the time travel and paradoxes. Some of this could have been explained a little better, so it didn't feel like a giant jump from one set of outcomes to another, but after that the story proceeded at a good pace and was easy to ...more
Lilmissmolly
May 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-scout
The Trouble with Time (Time Rats Book 1) is an interesting take on time travel. It reminded me of a bit of the movies Minority Report and Inception due to several unexpected twists and turns. Jace is from 2045 who works for the Time Police, those that track down illegal time travelers, and Floss is from 2015. Together they try to identify and prevent the end of humanity. Thankfully this is earmarked as the first book in the series and other volumes will follow. I received a copy of this book as ...more
JC
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
I normally love time travel books, even ones that deal with alternate timelines and time being rewritten. Something about this book doesn't seem finished or... polished. Yeah that is the word.

The plot is decent but the style of writing feels stilted.

I liked the story enough to finish this book but I doubt I will read more in the series.
Audrey
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is well-written and thought out. It revolves around time travel, which has been declared a crime. Our hero, Jace, is a member of a force that polices time crimes. But things have gone wrong and he becomes a victim. In this story, we have good guys, bad guys, bad that should be good, and good that should be bad. Time flips between decades, and potential paradoxes abound.
Ron
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not your typical time travel story—no dinosaurs, no Hitler assassination, etc., but a very captivating and extraordinarily well written story. Masterful twists and turns. One of those books that keeps you engrossed and wondering all the way through and beyond. Can’t wait for the sequel.
Sean Randall
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Impressively written, the physics of time travel are avoided in favour of a very personable couple of characters. I was reminded of the muted books in tone but Graham Storrs in personability of character and I look forward to seeing wha happens in subsequent installments.
Laura E. Mackey
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great time travel story

This is my 2nd time reading this and it was really great going back and finding lots of things I did not remember. The future is bleak. Then after a whole lot of stuff the future is b.... nope read it for yourself.
Apr 24, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-read-now
Ok ok! This sounds exactly like something I would LOVE to read!! But why is there just one book?!!! :(
Patience is not a virtue of mine!!! NOT FAIR!!!!

Cat Standridge
Nov 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Fade To Black (The Weir Chronicles #1)
  • Hide in Time
  • Treasure, Darkly (Treasure Chronicles #1)
  • Sign of the Green Dragon
  • Revelation (Edgewood #4)
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • The Mind of Stefan D�rr: The Shiva Syndrome Trilogy
  • Bastion Saturn
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 2
  • Trailer, Get Your Kicks!: The Time Travel Trailer, Book 3
  • Chasing Vegas
  • Infiltrator (Forager #2)
  • Star Trek / Legion of Super-Heroes
  • The Fox Run (Endworld, #1)
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 6
  • The Oregon Trail Romance Collection: 9 Stories of Life on the Trail into the Western Frontier
  • Son of Justice (Justice trilogy, #1)
  • Blind Man's Bluff (Star Trek: New Frontier, #18)
Remix is my third novel; it's the story of Caz Tallis, who is startled one quiet Sunday morning to find a stranger asleep on her roof terrace...

I enjoy reading intelligent, pacey books with humour, and that's what I try to write. I believe it's a crime to bore the reader.

My day job (using my real name, Lexi Dick) is designing and making jewellery and silver; I've made pieces for Lady Thatcher,
“Memory plays tricks. People think of it as a filing cabinet, but it’s more like a garden. Things left there change and grow.” 0 likes