Start by marking “The Last Time Traveler (The Last Time Traveler #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last Time Traveler (The Last Time Traveler #1)

The Last Time Traveler

(The Last Time Traveler #1)

Robert is a time traveler. In point of fact, he's the last time traveler. He managed to snag that impressive title because when he comes from has no future. This, as you can imagine, makes it much easier to be the last of any number of things. The current lack of future is due to the mess all his predecessors, the previous time travelers, made of things. It's Robert's job ...more
Published December 16th 2015 by Amazon

Rags
Feb 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Very very basic retelling of a standard time-travelling plot. The only thing new here is the idea of undoing what prior time-travellers have done in order to "unstick" time. The characters are wooden and the plot is simplistic. The conversation is mildly amusing but rarely laugh-out-loud funny. If you want to read a really good time-travelling plot, I would strongly recommend Harry Harrison's Technicolor Time Machine. That is both complex and hilarious.
Marcus
Jul 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Strongly not recommended. I stopped this after about 10% read. the characters are cartoonish and not well developed. And i kept waiting for the actual plot to really develop. Didn't happen. Now, i did only get a short way into the book before i gave up, granted, but i expected a little more effort to be expended in trying to hook me. Or was that all the references to how one of the characters was "soooo beautiful"??? It was not good. Maybe one day when I'm done with all i actually enjoy reading ...more
Emma Pooley
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a genuinely funny read. I bought it on a whim and I am so glad I did. The story is easy to follow and enjoyable to read. I will certainly be purchasing the sequel!
Jenn Raley
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was quite bad, but short and clever enough to finish it. The entire time, I kept wondering - how in the world did this book end up in my queue?

There are many reasons why this book is bad, but here are two that are less mentioned in the reviews here:
- SO many typos and spelling errors
- The author inserts his voice in a weird way

OK book for a 12 year old boy, I guess...
Kelsey Bodenhamer
Feb 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
So bad I couldn't finish it.
Allison
Mar 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
*Some spoilers but mainly pertaining to character development rather than the actual plot*

I almost never give just one star, but I really can't condone this book in any way. While you could pick apart the sci-fi elements, my real problem was with the characters.

The basic premise is that a time traveler made enough significant changes in the past that time itself came to a stop, and our "hero" is going back to try to undo that damage and get time working again. It's a problematic concept because
Jay
Mar 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Stopped at just a few pages
Thomas Mohl
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reminiscent of Douglas Adams

Loved the book will definitely continue reading. Very reminiscent of the Hitchers Guide to the Universe. If you like things not so dark and serious give it a read.
Caroll
Jan 12, 2018 added it
Shelves: ya-fict
The characters weren't fleshed out in any way.. it was all dialogue, and mundane poor dialogue at that. Every single sentence was very very simple. I forgot to count but one of the most common phrases was "I understand, I see where you would say that.." Now, unless these children (who I understand were supposed to be in their 20's) have the world's HIGHEST emotional intelligence... the agreements were forced. No disagreements, not even calm, civil ones that used discussion to solve.

The forcing
Susie
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
The author seemed to be trying very hard to imitate literary techniques of other writers, but it didn't quite work. One character chuckled nearly every line. Another sighed most of his lines. The sentence structure largely consisted of "And then they..... and then they.....and then this happened... and then...". The characters were poorly developed (a repetitive action is not a character trait). I enjoy losing myself in a book, such that I'm not even aware I'm reading. With this book, I'm very a ...more
Truitti
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this light look into the geek world of sci fi. If you haven't followed most of the iconic sci fi television or movie epics, then some of the references will not make you smile. If you have watched those films or shows, you will grin, groan and even laugh. I enjoyed this book and can't wait for the sequel. I borrowed this book through my Kindle Prime library, but I may purchase it just to lift my spirits when I am down on Earth.
Kathy
Aug 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this book and the second one. They were a fun easy vacation read. If you like silly time/space travel tv shows like Galaxy Quest or even Mork & Mindy, this is for you. There is zero real science but it's fun adventures to "save time" with a cute cast of characters who learn little life lessons along the way.
Susan Hitchcock
Oct 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not Great

A not-any-romance novel for tweens! How old is this writer? And
Is he writing for young readers? Not enough character development,
they were bland and impersonal descriptions made them seem shallow. This author needs to read some Lee Child or Michael Connelly. Too much dialog reads like a comic book. Good luck Aaron.
Gillian
Feb 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not for me

First my disclosure-I did not finish the book. I got 36% through before abandoning it. I don't typically do that. Even if its a book I'm not particularly enjoying, I like to give the author credit for putting in the time and effort of creating and writing the story - no small feat. But I just couldn't continue reading this one. Truly not my style.
Esther Drewett
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it made me smile

As a long time reader of Sci-fi and time tavel fiction ( well what else could it be but fiction) I loved this irreverent funny book . Easy enjoyable silly reading . Looking forward to more of the same
Tricia Davidson
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Fun Advrnture

This book was a pleasure to read. It had me laughing from beginning to end.I loved the movie references throughout the story . I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Greg  Johnson
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun, action packed

Loved the book. Great characters, fun, lots of action, great plot and look forward to following the team in the next book.
John
Sep 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Spewing a stream of back-to-back pop culture references is called "hanging out with your nerd friends" not "writing a novel."
Karen
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun, lots of fun.
Rebecca
Feb 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Way too bro-y for me. The sexism was nauseating.
Curtis Weldon
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a fun and quirky book. It is not the usual SF read. I liked it.
Ann
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great cover! Amusing story
Bonnie Dale Keck
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Kindle Unlimited 1 of 3 books in series so far

There were areas in the book got a bit lost, but some where got a lot lost; what was the point about clones {people} and children, and what did all the talking about and around it even mean? The teen angst will he, won't he, will she, won't she thing was more than a bit too much 90210. A couple of the pop culture references didn't get, but knew why they were there and that they were primarily from the 80's, because {unlike the odd confusion of some o
Angela Grosheim
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't want to like this book. It started out very dialogue heavy and seemed a bit unedited. The characters were awful and it was hard to follow and the complete lack of the female characters having anything more than hot bodies was way over done and over the top and almost juvenile.

But I couldn't stop reading, even while shaking my head and lamenting how stupid the book was....and it ended up being a fun little book. The main characters do get better and evolve a bit as it goes along, but it
Cassandra
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute and funny - a lighthearted, quick read

The Last Time Traveler was cute and funny but lacked depth of conflict, reading more like a series of poorly planned (well, knowing Rob only slightly poorly planned but incredibly poorly communicated) escapades by a group of eclectic characters than a traditional story arc.
That's not to say it wasn't a decent read. It definitely hit the spot for a quick morning read- which is my favorite indulgence. But it's not a book that leaves you pondering anythin
Jim
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very different read

I started reading this book and quickly discovered that it w as wriiten in such a way that made me feel like I was part of a conversation that was bieng had, sometimes i related to Robert, other times Morga n, and always wishing I could meet Cleo and Azure. I really enjoyed the reading, the story was good but the reading was wonderful. I just liked how it was written. Just kick back and prepare to have a a great conversation with some good friends,that's what this book gave
Maureen
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one. Even though I love time travel stories, I have a difficult time with suspense-filled narratives and end up skimming through a lot of storyline to avoid it. But this book has just the right amount of twists and turns, humor and romance, and a good plot to more than make up for the scary, suspenseful parts that I did not miss at all. Looking forward to number 2!
John Shrek Walters
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How to reset history

Well, it started out similar to “Arthur Dent” (from the Hitchhiker s Guide to the Galaxy trilogy by Douglas Adams) type of an ordinary guy picked up by a time traveling Rob N. Hood. The humor is evident from the first page with just the two of them, and it keeps adding more and more as they pick up more and more crew members.
Kaye Tempalski
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much sass!

100% thoroughly enjoyable read! Finished it in 2 days - would've been 1 but damn those hours that are designated for work. The sass and snark in this book had me snort-laughing several times in my daily train commute (I think I may have scared several people with one especially vehement episode, but c'est la vie). I'm definitely going to have to pass this along.
Rob Melvin
Jan 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm pretty sure it was written by a twelve year old who just discovered cultural references. With the constant, incessant one liners, the "how many sci-fi property references can we pack into each sentence" nonsense, and winky fourth wall breaking, the nicest thing I can say about it is: he may have tried way too hard, but he tried. I guess.
  • The Peyti Crisis (Retrieval Artist, #12)
  • Alien Encounters: The Secret Behind The UFO Phenomenon
  • The Science of Battlestar Galactica
  • How to be Your Own Selfish Pig: And Other Ways You've Been Brainwashed
  • Cold as Ice  (Cold as Ice #1)
  • Dinosaurs and Prime Numbers (Walton Cumberfield, #1)
  • Quest for the King (Archives of Anthropos #5)
  • Blindsided (Frozen Sky #3)
  • Halo Hunter (Of Angels and Demons #0.5)
  • Firefly: Generations
  • Pale Phoenix
  • The Coming Prince
  • Royal Blood
  • Hallows Gate
  • Ascension Day Part 2 of 2
  • Cold Turkey (Events Unlimited, #1)
  • Building Blocks
  • The Triumphs of Eugène Valmont

The Last Time Traveler (3 books)
  • No Rest for the Weary (The Last Time Traveler #2)
  • Bad Behavior (The Last Time Traveler #3)
“I mean, we can't just program you to keep pushing even when it hurts or keep at it even when you fail, man. The regenerator could give you the body of Arnold Schwarzenegger, but it couldn't give you the resolve that it took him to get that body. You follow me?” “I” 1 likes
“Whoa! So, we're going to a planet covered in zombies to recover a religious artifact right before the planet explodes?” 0 likes