Start by marking “Shadow Rider (Shadow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Rider (Shadow, #1)

Shadow Rider

(Shadow Riders #1)

The #1 New York Times bestselling “queen of paranormal romance”* is back with a sexy new series starring a Chicago crime family that hides a dark, mystical secret...

Whether it’s fast cars or fast women, Stefano Ferraro gets what he wants. When he’s not fodder for the paparazzi, he commands Ferraro family businesses—both legitimate and illegitimate.

While their criminal acti
Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Published June 28th 2016 by Jove
Featured Notes & Highlights
Christine
Christine - author, Nana, blackbelt

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Rider, please sign up.
Irene L I have to agree with Patricia. I have read all her books from beginning to the End for me. Most of her books now are all sex. No story, adventure,…moreI have to agree with Patricia. I have read all her books from beginning to the End for me. Most of her books now are all sex. No story, adventure, just filled with sex. Don't need it in my books [I get it at home] imagination should run wild not be explained graffically in my reading material. She should go back to the beginning and reread her earlier book to get back on track. That is what made her books sell in the first place and put her at the top of the list if she wants to continue to sell books.(less)

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

GTFU @90%
Oh. My. God.
I am a huge fan of Christine Feehan's work especially her Leopard People series, which is filled with smutty goodness but this? Like every Feehan fan out there, I jumped for joy when I heard she was bringing out a new series. PNR. Yes. Mafia. Yes. Just yes, yes and yes! But this book was a huge disappointment, and I don't say that lightly. It was bad. I still have a very little idea as to what these Shadow Riders are capable off or even what they are, this book was just sex
Alex is The Romance Fox
I keep telling myself that I am not going to get any more books by this author after the last disasters that I have read. But no, I continue to "martyr" myself.......just hoping that maybe, perhaps, this one will be a total winner and get me back into her fan club!!!!

Sadly, Shadow Rider the 1st novel in Christine Feehan's Shadow Riders new paranormal romance series, Shadow Riders did not turn out to be that winner ....so, it's true to say that I have not rejoined the fan club again!!!

Seriously,
Marta Cox
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
Ok I'm writing an early review so will be careful what I say here. First of all I love this authors imagination as it just enthral's me every time. What's even more fabulous is that she stays close to her literary roots here as yet again it's a series with more than a touch of the paranormal. Many authors seem to stray and leave their original fans behind but not Ms Feehan! So settle back and be prepared to get sucked into yet another world with more characters to delight and excite you!
I liked
Linda
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
I should have listened to Mara about this: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

The story basically went like this:

Stefano: Our shadows merge. You will be mine.
Francesca: But I'm nobody and you're rich and gorgeous and have had so many beautiful women.
S: Don't argue with me. You are the one for me.
F: But there are bad guys after me. And I need to be independent.
S: Fuck independence. I will protect you and you will obey me.
F: Ooh, you're so hot when you boss me around.
S: Fuck, yeah. I know you
♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars.

Francesca is on the run from a very powerful man. She lost everything thanks to him, her home, and reputation. Thankfully, her best friend, Joanna, was able to help, because otherwise she’d be living on the streets. The minute she gets to Joanna’s town, though, she captures the attention of Stefano Ferraro, a powerful, gorgeous man with a dangerous edge.

Stefano Ferraro is a shadow rider, a person able to ride shadows, traveling undetected, and endowed with other psychic gifts. He’s fr
Mei
May 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Review in few pics...

Bad guy

Our hero

...way to win a girl...

...she dared refuse your help???!!!

...mine only mine!!!

Who will enjoy this book?
Those who:
- like their heroines totally submissive (where the said heroine likes and enjoys being submissive!)
- like their hero aboslutely domineering (in every aspect of his and those who are near him lives!)
- like the very interesting new abilities (shadow riders - WOW - excellent idea!)
- like a borderline DS sex (well done, but I didn't like it.
MelissaB
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
After my issues with how Feehan has taken her Dark series off a cliff the past few years, I was reluctant to try this new series of hers but with my Apple refund burning a hole in my Amazon pocket, I figured why not. I was mostly pleasantly surprised. The story kept me entertained and I enjoyed it overall. There were some small issues, I felt the heroine's friend came off very immature and made me feel like Feehan is pretty out of touch with young people of today. But overall, I enjoyed the stor ...more
Lover of Romance
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review Updated
Summary
Stefano Ferraro has always been able to get access to fast cars, women with zero commitment, and keeping his family secret from everyone apart from those closest to the family. Stefano has always known duty and honor, he lives up to what is expected from him. But he is keeping a secret, a secret that allows him to seek justice for those that the law is unable to protect. Stefano has everything he could want (or atleast in the vi
Ezinwanyi
I have taken a long time to think of what to say about this new series. It has potential to be better than it actually was. It has all the necessary tropes to make a great story, rich overbearing alpha male, part of a "powerful" family, damsel in distress, instant attraction, and a sociopath.
It added a new element of shadow riding, so instead of your typical mafia family, this family dispenses justice against the bad guys.

Stefano Ferraro and Francesca Cappello are the lead in this first book. T
Roksana
DNF @ 48%

I give up...the constant references to "how beautiful the Hero was and his brothers" and all the adoration from the whole city was just nuts! How many times I am to be reminded of their rich background and how physically beautiful they are? And the heroine's repetitious inner monologue of his manly, sexy looks? JUST STOP! Also, the Hero Stephano is a cartoon copy of Trap from Spider Game He's the same abusive type...controlling, possessive, violent and a big manwhore! Also, the heroine
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews
DiDi's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I've always enjoyed Ms. Feehan's Ghostwalkers, that being said I've fallen in love with the Shadow Riders. This series promises to be a refreshing new world full of sexy alpha anti-heroes, strong women and an amazing cast of secondary characters.

Stefano Ferraro is a ruthless alpha who is in charge of his family business, some legal and some not so much. Stefano is the utimate alpha who claims his mate as soon as he finds her and will do anyth
KatieV
I liked it. I'll probably check out the next book in the series, but not sure if this will end up being something I really get into. Will have to see. It's often hard to judge by the first book in a series.

The premise was interesting - a mortal human who could "ride shadows" and used that power to take out the bad guys. The members of the family must marry another shadow rider to continue the line and they are few and far between. The h is a shadow rider, but doesn't realize it. When she comes t
Liz Barnsley
Hmm.

Ok so I quite enjoyed this but only in a very popcorn let's read something with not an awful lot of depth, I can't be bothered to think too much sort of way. With it's hot males and submissively cute females and an urban fantasy vibe (shadow walkers) it was perfectly readable stuff and there are some hot scenes in it, lots of flapping around being dramatic and it was great escapism.

The male lead stomps around being domineering, the woman he falls instantly in love with for no good reason wh
Fre06 Begum
Francesca was getting annoying with how many times she kept going on about Stefano being gorgeous!
Kate's Corner
Take this review with a pinch of salt. If you love the authors work then don’t bother reading on. This. Is. Painful. It is my first book from this author and well maybe at some point in the future I will get round to reading something else of hers. But not now.

I spent ten quid on this lovely paperback and after 232 pages I give up which is roughly 50 % as this is a pile of nonsense riddled with more nonsense on top of more nonsense.

I’m being mean but I can’t believe I spent so much money on th
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
There are several reasons why tropes exist, and all of them are good. Mostly they exist because people find comfort in the familiar. I find this to be especially true for romance readers, including myself. I want new stories, yes, but I also want to know what to expect. I don’t want my romance novel to make me anxious or sad. The very best romance authors understand this and use it well. They give us all the formulas we know well and love, but they also weave in their own signature, something th ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
An interesting new series for Christine Feehan readers. With everything going on, it took me a long time to finish it. I read most of it on the way home from Illinois when we got back from my grandmother's funeral. I was really sucked in at that point. This one is about a family of people whose shadows are alive and they can manipulate and move the through the shadows/ dark spots around them. Cool idea. I'd give the idea definitely over a four star. The story overall is more like a three and a h ...more
ValerieC
05/31/2017
Re-read this because the second book FINALLY came out after a year, so I didn't remember this one well enough to head into Book 2. My rating doesn't change. If Ms Feehan would have tightened down on the repetition and angst, this would have been a better book. I don't need to be told the same thing ten different times (and it's insulting to the reader, imho).

07/15/2016
I liked this story overall. The shadow riding is a unique twist for a pnr romance. Lots of characters are introduced th
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Shame on me!! for buying yet another CF book. I said I was going to stop reading her books. I should have followed by own advice. There are elements of Shadow Rider that I enjoyed the Ferraro family is just wonderful. But there is not enough story to fill up a book. Again we have a book with about 70% sex. I hate rape written into my stories and avoid buying stories with that content, but it was no indication that SR had a rape victim a young teen until I read it. The poor girl has been sexually ...more
AvidReader
Sep 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Never ever again..
Dear people I am going to start ranting;
First of all , what was my problem with the book?
Ans. Our hero stefano's sexual drive !!!🙄🙄he isn't alpha in any sense. He is a manwhore. There is a scene in the book where it is revealed that he slept with a full girl band (3 members) can you even☹and what did our heroine do when she heared that? Nothing 😕 that was my second problem heroine was a doormat. She didn't have any personal opinion. I didn't like her at all.
I can understand he
Aisling Zena
Wanda
***2017 Summer Lovin’ Reading List***

This is a blend of the old Cinderella tale and a Billionaire romance.

First, we have our sweet little Cinderella, Francesca, who is barely scraping by. She has escaped from the dangers of her previous city with only the clothes on her back and next to no money. Her friend in Chicago sent her bus fare to get there & has assured her that there’s a job for her.

Enter the billionaire, Stefano, complete with dark rumours about how he has amassed his w
SheLove2Read
Oct 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 2016
I don't get the 5 star reviews for this one. The world building needed a LOT of work. Stefano was just an ass. Nothing attractive about him whatsoever. Francesca acted like a child for most of the 60% that I did read. Very disappointed in an author I used to love.
DNF

Hero (Stefano): 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Grovel: none needed
Cheating: none
HEA: yes (but no babies yet)
Triggers: some OW drama

Average score: 5/5

Best Line: “I want a large family, and I want my wife staying home and taking care of them. I want her to get up with me in the middle of the night and change their diapers and feed them. I want her to shower our children with love every minute of the day. I want her to b
Mara
Jul 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
She keeps writing the same book, with the same characters, down to with the physical description. And they never improve, on the contrary they get worse everytime she shows a woman completely lacking any brain, any pride, any value outside her vagina (you can call her mate, but if she's nothing, why bother giving her a different name?)

I don't really like reviews made of pics, but this really describe my feeling reading this book.

DNF @30%
Lynsey A
This was my first foray back into the world of Christine Feehan after about 3 or so years away from reading her books. While I didn't absolutely adore this book I did enjoy it. It did take me about a week to read which isn't normal. I wasn't bored with the story but I wasn't super into it either. The characters weren't boring and the story wasn't boring, I just wasn't drawn to it like other Feehan's I've read and loved in the past.

Everything happened rather fast in regards to the relationship b
Tanya
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sdcl
Same phrasing and seemingly same passages repeated over and over for 400 or pages, tedious beyond belief. 2 stars given for interesting setup of the family and shadows, but that theme was underdeveloped while we heard about her hair etc every single chapter.
Ray
Jul 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: rant-reviews
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Nov 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
No, no no.....
The male lead has a cold and rude personality and he always acts cool and powerful and then he deeply and madly falls in love with a ( stupid ) beautiful girl and somehow his love for her drives him crazy.

“You are beautiful, Francesca,” Joanna said, sobering. “Really, really beautiful. Your face is flawless. None of those models have anything on you. Your face. Your hair.”
“My lovely figure,” Francesca said sarcastically. “I’m not a size zero.”
“You have a lovely figure. I’ve always
For Love of a Book: October BOTM (Fantasy) - Shadow Rider 5 55 Oct 17, 2017 05:33PM
Under the Covers: Christine Feehan Books 1 11 Aug 12, 2016 07:23PM
SOS: Serious Over...: [July 2016 - Tie] "Shadow Rider" Discussion 9 47 Aug 01, 2016 05:19PM

• Viking Warrior Rebel (Viking Warriors #2)
  • The Queen of All Magick Elizabeth (Aaron's Kiss, #14)
  • Dark Hunger
  • The Protector (Games People Play #4)
  • Love Bites
  • Blood Bond (Sentinel Wars, #10)
  • Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17)
  • Wicked Edge (Realm Enforcers, #2)
  • Stealing His Thunder (Masters of Adrenaline, #1)
  • Darkest Night (Wired & Dangerous, #2)
  • Flight from Mayhem (Fly by Night, #2)
  • Bound to Be Taken (Rock Wood Pack #2)
  • Christian (Vampires in America, #10)
  • Forever & Always (Always & Forever, #2)
  • Blood Warrior (Dragon Kings, #2)
  • Wolf's Fall (Alpha Pack, #6)
  • In the Company of Wolves (SWAT, #3)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more

Shadow Riders (4 books)
  • Shadow Reaper (Shadow, #2)
  • Shadow Keeper (Shadow, #3)
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow #4)
“I saw and recognized who and what she was by her shadow—by the tubes connecting her to everything. Every step she took, I could feel the channels opening everywhere until she took the one step that finally connected us.” 4 likes
“. “I heard her voice first. She responded to something Joanna Masci said to her. That note in her voice turned the key, unlocking something deep inside of me. I felt it like a terrible wrenching inside. Everything in me reached for her. For that note she left hanging in the air. I heard the music in me answer.” 3 likes