Start by marking “Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)

Vampire Knight, Vol. 1

(Vampire Knight #1)

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  109,688 ratings  ·  1,478 reviews
Yuki Cross has no memory of her past prior to the moment she was saved from a vampire attack ten years ago. She was adopted by the headmaster of Cross Academy, and now works alongside Zero to guard the Academy's secret. Cross Adademy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dor ...more
Published January 2nd 2007 by VIZ Media (first published July 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knight, Vol. 1, please sign up.
Ann Cassowary The anime only covered the first half of the manga series. The complete manga ties up most of the loose ends left hanging in the anime. Most people (i…moreThe anime only covered the first half of the manga series. The complete manga ties up most of the loose ends left hanging in the anime. Most people (including me) agree the manga is better than the anime. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it!(less)
Mimi Ledbetter In my opinion the manga is better. Season 1 and 2 left you with unanswered questions and made me continue to read the series so I could get the answer…moreIn my opinion the manga is better. Season 1 and 2 left you with unanswered questions and made me continue to read the series so I could get the answers. I know at the time the anime started , the manga was an ongoing series.(less)

·  109,688 ratings  ·  1,478 reviews

Start your review of Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)
Joyzi
Feb 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Suckers of Shoujo
Recommended to Joyzi by: Crunchyroll
Vampire Knight Yaoi Pictures, Images and Photos

Random babbling...

Beautiful love/suspense/horror/action story, lots of plot twists, a very very good vampire story. Very addictive, kick ass action! If you're interested in vampires you'll definitely love it!

I'M TEAM ZERO BTW!!!
Nina ♥
Jan 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Twilight, Vampire Academy, and love triangles
yukikaname
Who needs Yuki?

Okay, so I watch plenty of anime, but this is actually the first manga I've ever read. I liked it very much, BUT here it comes...some parts really ticked me off, like:

-The lack of action.
-Yuki. She was such a a bit of a goody-two-shoes. Which annoyed the hell out of me.
-The story tended to get a bit melodramatic.
-The mystery parts could've been done so much better.
-The cheesy dialogue.
-Blood drinking being depicted as "erotic." Yeah, try having someone's teeth stuck in your ne
Desiree
Mar 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Vampire Lovers! :)

:Review Updated:

Vampire Knight -
This is the first manga I have read in my entire life.

So this manga's about: A boarding school is divided into two classes, Day Class and Night Class.
Zero and Yuuki are best friends, childhood friends are guardians protect the Night Class' identity: they are actually vampires.
Kaname Kuran is their leader and Yuuki's madly in love with him since he saved her life from a vicious vampire and Yuki thinks he's(Kaname) is the beginning of her life.

Zero is always
Dark Sith Lordette Jennymort ♔
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anime Lovers of Vampires
Again... Found this series by Netflix... The bane of my existence.

BUT I LOVE IT ANYWAYS! Even with all of the...

description

sexual tension...

description

as well as the love-triangle.
Frankie Lovely
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well Netflix has ruined me and I'm totally fangirl crushing on this anime ... so of course I had to pick up the manga too <3

Um ... I'm obsessed

Zero is my love 💕❤💕❤💕

Ok so I'm by far NOT the authority on the intricacies of manga critique here but um .... I'm obsessed so I'm giving it the 5 star rating because I can dammit! The art is beautiful and I love the storyline and the tension and ... yep I'm addicted 😏
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires, manga
Since I'm fairly new to Manga I'm not sure if they're all like this.

The dialogue was awkward and stoic. The characters all fell flat, except for Zero. I think he's the only one I liked.
As for Kaname and Yuuki, GOD! Those two are boring as heck. Every time they have a conversation I can't help but cringe. I'm not really sure where this is going but all the reviews I see are telling me to quit while I'm ahead, so I'm not sure what to do.
Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books)
I've already watched the anime, and I don't usually read manga, but I'm trying to give it a shot since the anime had no ending (which you can bet still makes me salty to this day).

This was an interesting experience. The anime is one of my favorites and I'm glad I decided to try the manga.

Idk how I'm going to approach rating manga from now on, but I still love the story and the characters in this format so it's a positive for this experience here.
Susan
Nov 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Susan by: Desiree Johnson
Stop me if you've heard this one before...there's a school that has a day school and a night school. The night school students are just a little bit different than everyone else...because they're vampires! Okay, so the general concept has been turning up quite a bit in manga (and likely to turn up even more with Nightschool on its way to us from the lovely author of DramaCon). Still, this particular series seems to have more emotional tension and more engrossing characters than some of the vamp ...more
Ronyell
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading manga ever since I was in high school, the first manga I ever read being “Ranma ½.” Well, just recently, I have stumbled upon another manga series called “Vampire Knight” (not to be confused with Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy series) which is created by Matsuri Hino and it is about how a young high school girl named Yuki realizes about the existence of vampires at the private school, Cross Academy, while attending to her duties as one of the Guardians of the academy. “Vampi ...more
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
It's so ANNOYING and it DRAGS. It's confusing, more things pop up just to keep the story going, it's long and boring, the girl can't make up her mind, the guy can't decide if he's evil or not, the other guy (who I actually like) should go find someone better, the heroine and her brother can die for all I care. I only want Zero to be alive at the ending. A tragedy sounds GREAT!Anyways, I'll come back in 2013 or 2014 to finish this. It should be done by then. All the people I dislike should be dea ...more
Stella❤️ 孔凡星
I will forever be indebted to Matsuri Hino for creating the character that is Kaname Kuran. *fans myself*

Since I’ve already seen the anime, I suspect the first few books will feel repetitive to me (through no fault of its own). The anime was basically scene-for-scene but I’m so excited for the later volumes to branch out, and to learn more about the individual intricacy of the characters and the world building. Even without colour and music, the art captured a charged and dark horror/romantic-es
Lu (Sugar & Snark)
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
 photo vk_zps82dfa659.gif

I heard this was a "Twilight" Manga, and in a way it was, but I was really happy that there were tons of differences! At Cross Academy you can find both humans and vampires. The vampires go to class at night and are called the Night Class, however the humans (Day Class) don't know that the Night Class are vampires, they just know that they are extremely pretty.

Yuki Cross who can be seen as the main character was strangely not my favorite - she was a bit irritating. I like the brooding Zero K
Majanka
Vampire Knight is the manga that actually got me addicted to…manga. And anime. Not only is this a successful, still ongoing manga series in Japan and the rest of the world, it also served as the base for an intriguing anime series existed of two seasons: Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight: Guilty. Each season has thirteen episodes of anime goodness. If you’re a fan of vampires you definitely shouldn’t miss out on this series. Even if you’ve never read manga before or if you’re not generally an an ...more
Talia
In the end, after I've read all the chapters of Vampire Knight in existence, I can't really tell whether or not I liked it.

On one hand, (view spoiler) And I really did like the idea of the vampires, and the whole world Matsuri Hino built around them.

But with that world, I also kinda feel like she didn't explore it enough. We're informed that Level C's make up the majority of the vampire population, but they're barely in there. So, where a
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february-2020
For more awesome reviews, check out my blog! The Butterfly Reader

This first volume serves as more of a prelude, giving the reader a glimpse of all the characters, showing that Zero is a vampire; turned by a Pureblood who killed the rest of his family. We also get to see just how much Yuuki already loves Kaname and how he cares for her very dear to his heart also. It tells you that Kaname is a Pureblood (not the same one that turned Zero), the most powerful vampire out there. Pureblood's have mor
Briar's Reviews
It's been many years since I've picked this series up, and since I'm stuck with only studying and staying indoors I might as well pull out the old books. I have the first 15 volumes in this series, so it's time to do some binge reading and sink into the world of Vampire Knight.

I was OBSESSED with this series as a kid. I went to my local Wal-Mart every week to see if there was a new volume. I'm not kidding, I searched the book section like there was a pot of gold hidden.

So, the basic summary of
Arlene
Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino was great! I’ve definitely found a shojo manga series I want to commit too, and I can’t wait to read the next book! I loved the story line, the art work was amazing, and the ending had me driving to the bookstore to pick up the next installment.

In Vampire Knight we meet two groups of students who attend Cross Academy. There is the Day Class, where Yuki Cross and Kiryu Zero serve has Guardians, and the Night Class that is full of vampires. Yuki was attacked by a vam
Bark
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a fun vampiric manga set in a school where there are "day students" and "night students". Yuki is a cute heroine and there is what looks like a love triangle (groan, I know) possibly forming between her, the gorgeous and mysterious night school class president who saved her life years earlier and her tormented friend Zero who is keeping many secrets. I'm rooting for Zero but who knows what will happen? It is in black and white and because several of the characters have very similar feat ...more
✨Skye✨
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-was-okay
A cool story. My manga/graphic novel reviews are always quite short because not that much tends to happen with them, but here's a little ramble. I like the night class/day class concept and I'm enjoying the characters. Zero and Kaname are great, Yuki is a little bland but I do like her. I think I'd connect with this more if it was an anime. The love triangle is good, I'm unsure who I prefer yet. I didn't actually see that big reveal coming, it's added an extra layer of plot to the story that I'm ...more
bella farren
Feb 02, 2019 marked it as to-read

holy moly, this was my childhood right here. ABC3, all my fellows aussies will know what I'm talking about, but I was obsessed with this show in primary school. I need to get my hands on these graphic novels ASAP 😍
Sara
I saw this popping up on several lists of "must read manga" so I decided to give it a try.

At first I thought it would be a typical teenage vampire story. In brief, this is the story of an exclusive private school. Normal students attend the day classes, vampires attend the night classes. The day class does not know vampires exist so they don't know the night class (full of gorgeous, hot guys) is all vampires. They only get a glimpse of them at sundown.

Two students from the day class know the sec
Joy
This delightfully trashy manga wallows in all sorts of vampire cliches (see: gorgeous and mysteriously broody vampires, bloodsucking as sexual innuendo). I was spoiled for one plot point before reading this, and I was amused to find it in chapter 2 or 3; normally you'd have to slog through volumes of a series for something so emo-tastic. Seriously, this is perhaps the least subtle work of fiction I have read in ages. I will definitely have to read more of this.
Sesana
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, re-read, romance
So. I don't particularly like love triangles, or vampire romances, or heroines that are supposed to be competent but aren't really. But it's very popular, and the art is incredibly stylish (though I don't really like the way the eyes are drawn) so I gave it a shot. Twice. It isn't badly done, but it just hits too many dislikes for me to get really into it. And after two tries, I think I can leave it be now.
Eleni (OverThePlace)
Jul 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
Poetic.

Every line is a story itself. It could take pages and pages to describe just one picture and yet wouldnt be enough. So little to be said, so many to be thought. Each character has a backround and each act hides a reason combining the perfect dark and diisrupted world that this manga conveys. A work of Art.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Note to self: stop reading books about love triangles.
Mizuki
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found myself agreeing with a lot of things this reviewer has to say about this series: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Britt-R... ...more
Erica ♋️✨
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
It honestly took me awhile to get into the story and to actually care about the characters but oh boy once i did i could not put this manga down it’s so good omg i can’t wait to read the rest of the series ☺️
Sue Moro
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Vampire Knight vol. 1

As the story opens, a young girl named Yuki is attacked by a vampire. Before she is bitten she is saved by another vampire named Kanami Kuran.

Fast forward ten years, and Yuki is a young student at Cross Academy. The student body is divided into a day class, which Yuki attends, and a night class attended by the best looking students. Kanami Is a member of the night class and Yuki has never forgotten how he saved her life that day.

Yuki is a member of the disciplinary committee
Jody Mena
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This story is much different than I had imagined it would be. There is more drama and less action than I expected in this book, but even so I found myself drawn into the story. So far, it is definitely more character-driven than plot-driven. Zero's secret really threw me for a loop, it seemed to come from out of nowhere, even though it was actually fairly plausible within the context of the story. I found the characterization of vampires in this book to be a bit contrived, since their characteri ...more
Ginger Woods
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well I didn't see that coming.

I picked this up for very cheap at a used bookstore, and I am so happy I did!

I have recently got into manga & again, so happy that I did!

This was a great first volume! I am so interested in getting into this world!

I enjoy the day & night classes, I enjoy the idea that it is very top secret.

I can see the future problems manifesting (view spoiler)

I'm also very interested to see what happe
How Much Do You Hate Kaname? 30 215 Jun 30, 2020 08:39PM
Twilight or Vampire Knight 35 85 Jan 01, 2020 06:40PM
Does anyone else love Vampire Knight?? 80 99 Oct 25, 2019 09:48AM
Is this Manga worth reading? 16 83 Sep 13, 2019 11:19AM
zero or kaname 82 179 Sep 13, 2019 11:18AM
Why? 3 30 Feb 21, 2017 03:05AM
Any anime 2 8 May 25, 2016 01:40PM

• Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 1 (Black Butler, #1)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 01 (Maid-sama!, #1)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 1
  • Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto, #1)
  • Bleach, Volume 01
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 3
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 01
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1  (Blue Exorcist, #1)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 4
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 1 (Kamisama Kiss, #1)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 (Attack on Titan, #1)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 1
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.

Vampire Knight (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 (Vampire Knight, #2)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight, #4)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 5 (Vampire Knight, #5)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 6 (Vampire Knight, #6)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 7 (Vampire Knight, #7)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 8 (Vampire Knight, #8)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 10 (Vampire Knight, #10)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 11 (Vampire Knight, #11)