Start by marking “Smartbrain (#1)” as Want to Read:

New Consumer Tech: SMARTPHONE STREAMS DIRECTLY INTO HUMAN BRAIN

Smartbrain
-an eerily predictive, 2-part Novel

Part 1: Mind
Sarah Whiting, young, attractive, tech-savvy homebody, accepts a potentially lucrative offer to join a product/market analysis team that is per
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 498 pages
Published July 4th 2015 by Confluential Press

To ask other readers questions about Smartbrain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smartbrain

Start your review of Smartbrain (#1)
G.F. Smith
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is the book everyone will be talking about. Yes, for the reason that it is a good book, but the humble truth is, is that the storyline of the piece portends the future of what we may expect when the elusive THEY figure out how to connect our current-day smartphone devices directly with our brains--hence "Smartbrain." You do know they're working on this...don't you?

And when they do, that will be somewhat of a genre/culture-bender that will stretch across the broad spectrum of Ear
Pam Mooney
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book which really bends your imagination and helps you question what reality will be in the future. You cannot stop reading because your mind is trying to second guess the author as you wind through the twist and turns the author puts forth. A thinking persons book and a good read.
Rob Slaven
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
As is often the case, I received this book for the purposes of review. Despite that immense kindness, I give my candid thoughts below.

The summary on this one is tough because it evolves quite a bit as it goes on. It starts out mildly creepy techno thriller and ends somewhere completely different with all manner of action bits. I won't give you much more detail than that to avoid spoilers.

So to the positive, our author is a reasonably good writer. His prose is measured, we
Book
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
‘Smartbrain’ written by G. F. Smith, a first part of Penchant Series, offers a bit challenging piece when it comes to quantity, yet a book that comes with an interesting premise – a kind of “Brave New World” for 21st century.

And though the idea for plot is pretty simple, I would not spoil you the fun of own discovery what happens with the young Sarah Whiting, researcher who will accept fantastic offer to join a market analysis team that does the final evaluation of great tech breakth
Cissa
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
What if your smartphone directly interfaced with your brain?

In many ways, this was an interesting thought-experiment into that potential. While the theory is arguably plausible, the version in the novel was very ambitious, and the tech behind it was mostly hand-waving. -Which is OK, but when much of the text is talking about the details of this tech, the hand-waving aspects got annoying.

It was mostly a very talky novel, where people talked a lot about what things mean, et
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
I enjoyed this book. Given our current technology level and how much people love their smartphones, I can see people exploring the technology that is presented in this book. I don't doubt that many people would jump onto the chance to be able to practically effortlessly access and control their smartphones and computers without a second thought.

I think the way the SmartBrain tech was introduced was realistic, with a few people being selected to test it, signing confidentiality agreem
Pennie
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
G.F Smith has an extensive published collection of books throughout the years that introduce familiarizing fundamentals of science that journeys into a wide agenda.

Smartbrain is no different and is a powerful read that introduces the start to a series of technology with narrative aspects that is no doubt, a promising page turner. You may find yourself seriously drawn in to the world of Sarah Whiting.

A very intriguing concept and possibilities of doubt (what if's) and most definitely
Kristina Aziz
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it
The author sent me this book in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this book for about 180 pages. I enjoy realistic, predictive satire like brave new world or 1984 and from the blurb (and first 100 pages) I thought this would be along that sort of genre.

I was really really hoping that the foreshadowing wasn't as obvious as it seemed, and I was able to deal with the romancing bits because the rest of the concept was good and had so much promise.

But th
Amber Griffith
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a really interesting book that makes you think about what technology might do to our futures as human beings. If you love futuristic science fiction, you will love this book. I won this book on a good reads giveaway. Thank you!
Ann
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
I received the book “Smart brain” from the author, free. Thank you!

This book is a sci-fi, love story with plenty of action and suspense! Even has "first contact". A page turner!
A very enjoyable book to read.
Reader Views
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
SMARTBRAIN

GF Smith
GFsmith Books (2015)
ISBN 9780983361237
Reviewed by Ben Green for Reader Views (01/16)

I was quite impressed with G.F. Smith’s “Smartbrain” from the start. This book has everything I would want from an Indy sci-fi-ish story. I say sci-fi-ish because the technology that “Smartbrain” is pitching is not really that far-fetched or futuristic. The story has all the elements of a good one: it is well-written, well-paced, and given the length of
Rob Slaven

Itsadog
Aug 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review.

A 1970s-styled science fiction that needed a lot of editing. The characterization was very weak and the over-sexualization of the female protagonist made me want to put the book down. For the amount of plot involved, I think this would have been a better short story. Entire chapters should not have made it to publication - they were essentially brainstorming the product that the characters ar
Tehila
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for review purposes.

This is a well-crafted story, with some very unexpected twists and turns. Can’t say more without a spoiler alert.

There is some awkward grammar. It wasn’t so bothersome when people were having conversations, but definitely the opposite in speeches. Towards the end, errors were also in the narration. As a former English / lit major, these hit me in the eye.

I have already recommended this book to one of my friends.
Stefanie
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.
I was interested in this book from the moment I read the description and it did not disappoint!
Just a warning - it goes above and beyond the Smartbrain technology, and it had me at the edge of my seat the whole time.
The wording was a bit too technical at times, but other than that, I enjoyed the book!
Teresa Kander
Michael E. Babcoke
Jan 18, 2017
Nick
Oct 26, 2015 marked it as goodreads-win
Goodreads win. Will read and review once received.
Alan Gallagher
Anneli Sudenkorento
Aug 14, 2015
G. F. Smith:

BACKGROUND
By his own proudly stated admission, G. F. Smith has a fantastic family: a wonderful wife of 35+ years who cares to great measure (a Director of a not-for-profit corporation in charge of a large staff overseeing Supported Living Programs for people with disabilities). They have four remarkable and talented grown children, and several awesome grandchildren (up to five a