Start by marking “There's No Crying in Rock-n-Roll (Guitar Face, #2)” as Want to Read:
There's No Crying in Rock-n-Roll (Guitar Face, #2)

There's No Crying in Rock-n-Roll (Guitar Face #2)

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  299 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Librarian's note: Alternate cover edition of ASIN B00OI74Z48.

Henley Hendrix, Queen of Rock-n-Roll, finds her world shattered again. She attempts to pick up the pieces of her life, but finds it difficult to claim her title in the world of rock when her personal life is turned upside down. Life begins to spin out of control, and so does her behavior. The Guitar Goddess loses
Published May 29th 2015 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published October 13th 2014)

“I will always love you, no matter what.”

This was an adult contemporary romance, which picked up where the previous book left off.

Henley was an okay character in this, and she certainly went through a lot. She did self-destruct a bit at times though, and choosing to take drugs to numb the pain possibly wasn’t the best idea.

The storyline in this was about the cliff-hanger at the end of book 1, I can’t say too much without dropping spoilers, but boy did it make things hard to Henley! Pretty mu
Leona (readingwithleona)
*I received this amazing book as an ARC courtesy from the author for a honest review*
The Long Awaited Sequel to Guitar Face!!!!!

Where to freaking begin…

Can I just begin by saying that this has been my most anticipated book after the release of Guitar Face by Sasha Marshall?

I desperately want to go through each and every chapter and explain its magnificence but then that would make this review even longer than I believe it will become. What I will say is that when (not if) you plan to read this P
Amanda
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rockers-fighters
I honestly didn't think anything could have been better than Guitar Face...well paint my face red and call me wrong! lol

THIS BOOK WAS 5 FREAKING STARS AMAZING

I giggled, I smiled, I laughed, I got angry, I cried, I had happy tears, and I down right sobbed. Not to mention wanting to slap a few people up side the head here and there!

And that ending....

Talk about a cliffhanger.

As with Guitar face, the writing in this story is impeccable. It's completely fluid and sucks you in right from the first
LaDonna
So many opening lines are running through my head. I guess the most important one is how in the world I didn't discover this author and series sooner. I know I had at least seen or heard of them, but not sure why I hadn't picked them up before. I have another book waiting in the wings that I need to get read in reviewed, but spologies to the suthor of that book, there is no way I am reading anything else before I finish the next three books in the series. Even if I have about 457 newly invented ...more
Doris
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this book more than 5 stars I would. I am a huge rock romance fan and those are the books I usually stick with so with that being said this series and this book in particular is one of the best of all of them.

I have quite a few rock romance books on my book shelf waiting to be read and I kept bypassing this series for the usual rock romance authors I read. Boy, was that a mistake! Not to take anything anyway from some of the others but I have never gone through all the emotions
dana
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why why why

why do you do this to us????

talk about a cliffhanger.

I think I like this book better than the first one. I am so in love with these characters and the events they are trying to overcome. I can count on hours of no productivity when I start your books. I just can't put them down.

next year can't get here fast enough!!
Steph
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Henley Hendrix thought she had been through all the bad life had in store for her and was finally on the right path. Just when things were going well in her career and love life, everything is ripped away and despite her best efforts, she can't seem to find her footing again. The harder she tries, the more she seems to loose until Henley finds herself going down a path that will lead her to a very dark place. Once on that path, will she be able to find her way back?

First off, let me sa
KiBo
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Peace, Love and Sasha Marshall does it again!

What can I say?!? Sasha Marshall once again drawls the reader into her rock-n-roll universe, however, with a deeper tone to the music so to speak.

Henley turns back to her guitar and gets the band back together to record new music. Although her professional life appears to be getting on the right track, personal issues spiral to a dangerous low causing the mere mortal reader like myself to worry about the destiny of our beloved Guitar Goddess.

The same
Helô Delgado
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is way better than the first one. And I gave 5 stars to Guitar Face...
It's really, really good!
Now that I already know Henley and her family and friends I got myself thinking what was going to happen in their life.
It turns out that a lot happens! Really! The girl doesn't have a break in this book. It's full of cliffhangers!
The first one was predictable but it turned out to be more confusing and catching that I thought it would be. I felt anxious from the beginning to the end of it. An
SandraBarg
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sasha Marshal has covers everything in this book! It has you feeling every emotion you can possibility feel! I laughed, cried, loved and hated. The writing is so exquisite, it is like you are living through it yourself. There is very hot sex so not Kent for under 18. Can't wait to start the next one! I highly recommend this book!
Michele
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap....I can not write a review right now, I'm crying so hard. This book was an emotional big "eff me". There are no words to describe what happened in this book. You just have to read it yourself!!!!
T.M. Payne
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book: There's No Crying in Rock-n-Roll (Guitar Face #2)
Author: Sasha Marshall
Publication Date: 5/29/2015
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
Henley just can not catch a break and yet again her world comes crashing down around her only this time will she be able to dig her way back to the top?

Wow is all I can say. This series is so good and the books just keep getting deeper.
Yes, there are some grammar issues but they do not take from the story.
I do recommend you
Diary Of Book Fiend
I can visualize the characters in my head

Sasha Marshall gives so much life to her characters that I can actually see thee scenarios in my mind. Kinda like how they all see Caleb...ha ha..Book 2 gets more intense and I find myself really wanting to throw some punches as I wipe my tears and scream at some of these book boyfriends! This series has my emotions all over the place in the very best of ways!
Tanya
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh sweet baby Jesus, what a roller-coaster of a book. In this book we see Henley's life begin to spiral out of control, taking hit after hit after hit until she can't take any more & loses herself. An emotionally charged/ packed book. FANTASTIC!!
Janee
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have be sucked in and no way ready to stop!!!!!
She Hearts Books
Henley discovers something about Jagger that breaks her. Completely shatters her heart and their relationship. Damn that Jagger! I was so mad at him for her. In the matter of moments her life changes and she begins to self medicate the pain away. Between losing Caleb and the drama with Jagger, Henley just can't face her life anymore. So she hibernates with her friends for a few days and then decides to club her pain away. She comes face to face with Jagger who asks to explain. This is where I fa ...more
Kylie Allen
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ok. Cliffhangers suck, but the story is 5 books along and I'm so engulfed in this story that I can't stop. Even though I'm mad, and frustrated with Henley, she's still an amazing character. I'm also still rooting for Jagley. :) READ THIS SERIES!!!
Mari
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh Henley, Things have really hit the fan. It just seems like Henley cant catch a break. Jag has been hiding the fact that he maybe a dad from Henley even though it was a one night stand and it was before him and Henley hooked up. Claudia the baby mama, can't seem not to be in the middle of starting the drama. She wants to be in the middle of all things when Henley is going to be there. She even lets the media aware of doctors appointments,etc. He never told Henley and the boy she finds out in t ...more
Victoria B
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW what an addictive read! Book 2 picks up right where book 1 ends and once again I read the whole book in one sitting because I just had to know what happens net. Book 2 did not disappoint and is a great read on its own but an awesome continuation of book 1. (This is not a stand a lone and book one must be read first). Once again I am met with that horrible cliff hanger at the end that takes your breath away while your yelling no at the last page because you want more.
Leigh
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me feel every emotion possible! Sasha's ability to write characters that you connect with on such a deep level, is an amazing feat. I feel like these characters are my friends, and I miss them after the books are over. I can't wait to read the next one in line! Great story, love able characters, with just the right amount of sexy thrown in the mix.
Ashley Stevenson
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received advanced copy from United Indie Book Blog for my honest review. Love this series and enjoy the flow of this book. These characters take each other pain as of their own to give each other the strength to find the happiness and joy they had for life. Henley has been through a lot of pain but learning how to grief through it all.
Rina Smith
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great continuation

This series is killing me. I want to shake her and beat Jagger, and give Kip a big hug because he comes across like a giant silly marshmallow. Loving Memphis and all the others.
United Indie Book Blog
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing

review by Ashley
Sam Swift
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i am in love with the series! great read! feels real and raw! true emotions!
Melissa Burke
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this series
Stephanie Dreyer
Loved this series. I can't wait for book 3 to find out what happens next
Mary  Meredith
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: daf-goddess
Ah-freaking-mazing

So the second installment just continues with the punches! You will totally laugh at Kipley!! Cash is the best dog ever written into a story
Ashley Johnson
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could live in this book. I want to hold Henley's hand and help her punch and kick the shit out of people! Another amazing story!!!!!
Donna
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There maybe no crying in rock-n-roll but this book was a tear jerker
Katherine
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raw emotion.
This book sticks the reader in a washing machine of raw emotions with Henley, it sucks you in to be swirled and pulled one way and then be swamped by a wave from a completely unexpected direction.

It is a darker book than Guitar Face, and some of Henley's actions and choices start to seem just slightly off kilter which later evolves into more obvious self-destructive behaviour.
I read it pretty much in one go, and it is only when I reached the end I realised how many emotions are packe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Gone For You (Sixth Street Bands, #1)
  • My Song for You (Pushing Limits, #2)
  • Strumming Me
  • Middle Eight
  • Hollywood Blackmail (Seacliffe Medical #1)
  • Redeeming You (Before You, #2)
  • The Only Girl in the Band
  • Lost Avalon (Finding Nolan #1)
  • Crimson Sin (Rebel Heart #1)
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • Ready For Flynn, Part 1 (Ready For Flynn #1)
  • Between A Rock and A Hard Place (Radical Rock Stars, #2)
  • Rock Angel
  • Taking the Lead (Secrets of a Rock Star, #1)
  • The Rock Star And The Girl From The Coffee Shop (The Rock Star and The Girl From The Coffee Shop, #1)
  • Southern Rocker Boy (Southern Rockers, #1)
  • Love of a Rockstar (Love of a Rockstar, #1)
  • For Everything
Award-winning author Sasha Marshall is devoted to giving her readers humorous adventures with a love story sure to melt their hearts---and their minds. She wants you to laugh, cry, get angry, and sigh when you find redemption in the story, because that's the roller coaster of real life. Her knowledge of the music industry comes from being a touring concert photographer with legendary bands such as ...more
More about Sasha Marshall

Guitar Face (5 books)
  • Guitar Face (Guitar Face, #1)
  • Walking Back to Georgia
  • River of Deceit (Guitar Face, #4)
  • Make It Rain (Guitar Face, #5)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Hard Love (Hacker #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • A Walk to Remember
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hard Limit (Hacker #4)
    $6.99 $0.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Ignoring! Yes, I am ignoring the Sunday church fan my vagina broke out in order to fan the flames. I hate that he does this to me.” 8 likes