Start by marking “Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.8” as Want to Read:
Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.8

Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.8

(Two Scoops of Django)

This book is chock-full of material that will help you with your Django projects.

We’ll introduce you to various tips, tricks, patterns, code snippets, and techniques that we’ve picked up over the years.
Published April 29th 2015 by Two Scoops Press

To ask other readers questions about Two Scoops of Django, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Scoops of Django

Start your review of Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.8
Jonah Bradley
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone doing django
The authors updated the book this morning and I decided to reward their favor with a review.

This book is excellent. Good best practice guidelines for Django delivered with ice cream and examples from personal experience. I'm very happy this is released, it even better than the previous editions. The book is easy reading, but dense information. I love the cover and the interior drawings. If i had a complaint it would be I want more drawings!
Rolf Erik
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book, a must read for every Django developer. The changes from the last edition especially the new chapters are excellent.
Amrullah Zunzunia
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: web-development
Must Read for all django developers.
(Not a beginners' book, some familiarity to django framework is expected)
Gaston Keller
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
So far, the book is as great as its previous editions. I'll update the review as I progress in my reading.
Dave
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book - I was initially scared it'd be to difficult for me because I'm a beginner but the book helped me by not only getting a better understanding of Django but also showing many tips and useful packages I'll definitely use on my Django journey! Can't wait for the paperback!
Joppe
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anything less than 5 stars just feels wrong!
Edward
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Updated version - still a great resource. Excellent coverage of key areas to develop in Django.
Milton Lenis
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the books that made me a better developer, it teached me the importance of good practices
Max Malysh
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Considering yourself a django developer? Go read it, you won't regret it.
Lacey
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is essential for anyone who uses Django, whether they're a beginner, intermediate, or advanced user. It's got a permanent place on my desk, and I consult it several times a week.

It isn't a tutorial; rather, it's a reference manual for how to build Django apps that will be secure, easy to use, and compliant with the best practices as we currently know them. Anytime I'm doing something new in Django, or playing with a feature for the first time, I always consult Two Scoops to make sure I
Beau Barker
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A must-have for Django developers.
William
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tech
Great book full of useful tips and tricks for doing Django the "right" way.
Chitrank Dixit
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: computer-science
Two scoops of django 1.8 is the best book if you want to know how to effectively use django 1.8, for the django developers it teaches the best practices to follow in django to make your code and project structure better. It explains about django's templates, tests, views, models and making rest api's using django rest framework. Therefore it covers almost every aspects of developing application using django, a must read book for the django developers
Phin Jensen
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lots of useful information in this book. It's important to know that this is not a Django guide or reference; it's a collection of best practices. It really helps when you're not sure if you're doing something the right way, but if you're looking for a book to learn Django from the ground up, this is not it.
Jon
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a cracker of a book. These two python evangelists are outstanding. The best technical book I have read. This is a book about principles and the section on testing was really useful. I think I should show my team. I have 1.6 currently, but will get 1.8.
Michael Korbakov
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't program in Django, but read this book for entertainment and to get a glimpse of Django world. Really enjoyed it. It provides great overview of modern web development landscape with a focus on single technology stack.
snpefk
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Уау! Книга по проге, которую можно читать, как настоящую книгу, а не как выжимку из доков! Тем не менее Django перестал представлять для меня интерес, так что уже к середине мне стало скучно. Но дело не в тебе, а во мне.
David Nugent
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome best practices guide for contemporary django. Still good for learning django 1.9, and a great reference book to keep around.
Adil Khashtamov
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best book about Django best practices.
Lucas Lira Gomes
Radoslaw Paklikowski
Nov 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• High Performance Django
  • The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn, #1)
  • Statistical Consequences of Fat Tails: Real World Preasymptotics, Epistemology, and Applications
  • Repetition
  • Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and Tensorflow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
  • Apropos of Nothing
  • The Concept of Anxiety: A Simple Psychologically Oriented Deliberation in View of the Dogmatic Problem of Hereditary Sin
  • Soft Skills: The Software Developer's Life Manual
  • The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable
  • You Don't Know JS: ES6 & Beyond
  • Bauhaus

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Over the course of his life, Daniel has:

* Studied history
* Learned how to fight with swords
* Ridden horses
* Cycled thousands of miles
* Performed cartwheels in capoeira circles on multiple continents
* Worked as an engineer at NASA
* Married a woman he dreamed about before he ever met her

He believes this combination of skills and experiences makes him the ideal fantasy and tech author.

Two Scoops of Django (4 books)
  • Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.5