Start by marking “Connected” as Want to Read:
Connected

Connected

(Connected #1)

High school is hard enough, Em knows. Her freshman year introduced her to all the cliques, annoying teachers, and tough homework assignments. But discovering you have super powers and not knowing how to control them is a whole new level of complicated.

Thankfully, Em isn't alone. Her best friend Roz starts having unusual dreams that come true, and Tommy, Em's secret crush,
Published June 3rd 2015 by Wild Child Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Connected, please sign up.
Kat Stiles Yes, I'm about 2/3rds of the way through book #2. Lauren, Demetri and Em's father play a larger role in it. I'm actually having a lot of fun writing L…moreYes, I'm about 2/3rds of the way through book #2. Lauren, Demetri and Em's father play a larger role in it. I'm actually having a lot of fun writing Lauren and Demetri in particular, and I'm hoping my readers will connect with them as much as I have! :) I don't have a launch date in mind, have to finish it first, but I'm hoping sometime next year or 2017.(less)

Start your review of Connected
John Winston
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kudos to Kat Stiles for bringing multiculturalism to literature. She truly understands what the concept means. Check out this description of Roz, a major character in the story. “She didn’t even have to try to be beautiful. Her skin was a rich honey brown, a shade or two lighter than Dad’s mahogany complexion. She inherited her hair from her mother—bouncy, silky curls extended past her shoulders, jet black in color, but with a midnight blue sheen when the sun hit it right.” Roz is not only beaut ...more
Kat Stiles
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well, it is my book, so there's that. :) I had fun writing it, maybe a little less fun editing it, but overall it's been an amazing adventure. I'm really excited to finally be able to share it with the world. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.
Courtney Whittamore- The Moral of our Stories
Three teens, left to their own devices when two things occur that could easily shatter their world. First, they discover that they have other-worldly powers, which would have been enough to change everything on its own. But then they are met with the reality that there is someone out there with less than desirable intentions, and the object of those intentions could very well become one of them if they aren’t careful. Connected explores the ties between friends, lovers, senses and danger within ...more
Britt
I really, really liked this book. I loved Em and Tommy (their characters as well as their relationship) and I really like Roz too, though I feel like her change in characterization was too forced.
One of my favorite things about this book was the fact that there wasn't just one character singled out with a special power—it was actually a LOT of characters and I liked the backstory that *anyone* could activate a power if they experienced a tragic event. However, even though I liked the mystery as
Tywanda Brown-Johnson
Great Read

This was my first time reading Kat Stiles work and it won't be my last. This story captured my attention from page one and held it until the very end.
Gloria Antypowich
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don’t read a lot of YA—or paranormal, but this book came up in an online reading group that I belong to and the cover caught my eye—I love the cover! Then I read the book summary and was intrigued. I don’t read a lot of paranormal either, but the powers described to these three teenagers caught my attention because I have a fascination with healing powers. As well, I have personally known a couple of people who claim to have dreams that come true or just have a “knowing” about people. One time ...more
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Imagine yourself getting hit by the car, almost ran over and your bones broke and pain radiated throughout your body. Then give yourself a couple of minutes, or maybe ten, then this pulsating purple heat envelopes your body and soon you'll realized, you were completely healed, not scratch, no wounds, no bruises, no scabs whatsoever, no nothing! And you're able to walk away from the scene unscathed. Wouldn't that freak you out? Well, that's exactly what happened to Emily, and this is her story.

C
Samantha Britt
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars for this YA Paranormal Romance

I found the story line in Connected to be original and intriguing! Kat Stiles did a good job foreshadowing enough to help me keep pace with what was to happen next, but also threw some twists my way which caught me by surprise.

Tommy was a wonderful love-interest for Em. I enjoyed reading as she blossomed in confidence and strength with the assurances his feelings gave her. It was really sweet & was definitely my favorite part of this novel.

I'm interested in
Moa (The Reading Faery)
*Check out the original Review at http://www.confessionsofabookfreak.bl...*

*I was provided with an ARC from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my rating or my review in the slightest. All thoughts expressed in this review is unbiased and my own.*

*SPOILER ALERT: Review may contain spoilers to some of the incidents in the book. Do not read if you haven’t read Connected and are planning on reading it.*

Ugh!

That one word sums up my feelings about this book. Don
Amanda Giasson
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of YA ficiton, paranormal, mystery
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

(note: this review contains mild spoilers from the first chapter)

Beyond entering a paranormal world, I honestly didn’t know what to expect when I started reading “Connected”, but I certainly wasn’t expecting the main character, Em, to get hit by a car in the first chapter! I was pretty much hooked three pages in and found the read to be both fast and highly enjoyable.

I instantly found myself on the side of Em. She’s a sensitive, sweet, and
Cassandra Ulrich
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable! I received an advance copy of Y.A. novel “Connected” by Kat Stiles for an honest review. It’s an enjoyable tale about Emily Milford, a high school sophomore with a newly discovered power to heal. She just happens to have a best friend, Roz, with an ability to see into the future, and a new boyfriend, Tommy, who could hear and see from great distances. With a tight friendship among this trio and a school nurse, Judy, with healing powers of her own, the teens embark on a local mystery t ...more
M.L. Keller
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teen Beach Read.

Connected is part romance novel, part mystery. It’s a good choice if you are looking for a light beach read.

The book’s major flaw is its two plot lines. They felt like two separate books. I kept waiting for the bombshell that tied the two together, but it never materialized. The book spent an unnecessary amount of time on the romance, but because it lacks a strong conflict, this part of the story didn’t draw me in.

It also made the mystery, the better story line, arrive too late i
Amy
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 Stars

In this YA paranormal mystery, three friends discover they each have super-powers, which would be cool except for the psychic serial killer on the loose. Yeah, you had me at serial killer.

The story is told through Emily’s point of view and Stiles captures her voice very well. The high school scenes seem fairly authentic and the Texas setting is great. The budding relationship between Em and Tommy is sweet, yet intense, with all the yearning and emotions of first love. Tommy makes a grea
Christina
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh - I had a GREAT time reading this book! Part romance, part mystery, all wrapped in a wonderful paranormal bow, "Connected" is both fun AND funny. I love the build of the story, particularly the evolution of Emily's character and her relationship with Tommy. Their chemistry is fantastic, their banter is really funny, and their voices are authentic. I think in the best YA novels, the writer creates characters the reader can root for and, in some respects, fall in love with, and I think ...more
Rose
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun, quick read. Em's character was super relatable and I loved her personality, she was funny and insecure and spunky. I really loved her relationship with Tommy too. I'll never forget when he said, "You have boobies!" I literally LOL'd. The book ended on a cliffhanger and I'm dying to read the sequel, I hope it happens!!
Leah
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read! Some great laughs to b had up in there! I so called that therapist! He is a creeper! And Scott, definitely not a fan of his! Loving Tommy he seems like a great guy! That BAM ending!! OMG!!! Need the next book now!!

Bravo, Kat Stiles!
Tresa
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story defiantly starts of with a bang, with the main female character Emily getting hit by s car! This is a definite YA read with 3 teenager who manifest supernatural powers. The storyline does seem to drag and bounce around and the main plot seems to get lost under Emily and Tommy. The villain seems almost cartoonish but I must admit, I'm very curious about Emily's father, and I really enjoyed how Emily was shy and introverted in the beginning of the book, bullyied by other classmates, and ...more
Poulami
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

**I received a digital copy of this book from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.**

This book was really good, I definitely liked the plot and the characters were great as well. It was quite a fast read and I enjoyed the ride. Though I didn't fall in love with it but I enjoyed it immensely.

Summary-

The story revolves around a girl named Emily (or Em), she is the outcast in her class, she has only one true friend- Roz who always stays by her
Rekha
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Xpresso Reads provided me with a free book in exchange for an honest review**

I admit, the first thing that attracted me to this book was the cover. That is an extremely gorgeous cover! The people on the cover are illustrated really well. The title font is simple, yet effective. the maroon-ish background really suits the paranormal theme and everything ties in together very well. The cover really portrays the plot of the book very well.

Plot:
This book has a very interesting plot. Three teenager
Natalie
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great paranormal YA novel. One of the better ones I've read in awhile.

A story based in a small town, where a small number of people who have gone through trauma have activated secret powers. Aside from their powers, the MCs have a pretty normal high school life. That is until Roz starts having visiins and people start getting hurt. Can the trio stop these crimes? Read to find out.

The storyline was nicely done. Detailed to allow the reader to step right into life in Cannondale. The characters w
Anniek
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emily, or Em, is a High school student. The night before the first day of school she's being hit by a car. While Em is lying on the asphalt, not able to move, the boys who ran her over leave her there. This traumatic event causes her special ability to activate. She wakes up the next morning without scratch on her. Due to pressuring of her best friend, Roz, and Roz's dad Em visits the new school nurse. Em is physically fine, but she feels different. She finds out that she's a healer. She cannot ...more
Tiffany Oharriz
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy fudge cakes and brownies. I always try to write a review immediately after reading a book. There's just something about expressing my reactions and my feelings about a book to you readers immediately after while everything I'm feeling is still fresh. But I have a feeling, but even had I waited to write this review my emotions would be just as fresh.

I absolutely adored this book I loved the romance between Tommy and Emily and the friendship between Emily and Roz. It was such a sweet story bu
Tonja Drecker
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Like many kids in high school, Em's fighting to stay afloat in the teenage social world. Her hands sweat, she's not as gorgeous as some of the other girls, and one of the more popular girls seems to have it in for her. Em's knee deep in every day high school life, and this is something many teens will have no trouble relating to. Of course, Em isn't completely going under; she has a best friend who sticks to her through thick and thin. And this is a stabilizing element that holds throughout the ...more
Tonja Drecker
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nina DuBois
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

It has been a while since I've picked up a paranormal novel, but my love for this genre was reignited after reading Connected. Saying that I loved this book would be an understatement. I inhaled each page and acted like a giddy fool more than once and I never wanted the story to end. I got all the things I love; romance, suspense, mystery, and a bit of action.

Connected caught my attention rig
Traci
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult

description

Full review and more available at https://bookplusheart.com/2016/08/07/...

Received a copy from author for an honest review.
A Paranormal YA with mysteries to uncover. Our female protagonist is Emily, she lives with her mother and older sister (a.k.a the Ice Queen). Emily is a sophomore in high school and has a difficult time adjusting. Her one friend, Roz is her saving grace. Roz and her father are more constant and helpful in Emily’s life then her own family.

After a traumatic experience
Julie B Campbell
Just turned the last page of “Connected” book 1, and now I can’t wait for book 2 to be released. I received my copy as a part of an honest review exchange and was pleasantly surprised by the experience.

This was a very light read and a real page turner. It worked well for me because I’m very busy right now and can barely find any time for reading. Still, “Connected” managed to fit into my cramped schedule and keep me entertained at the same time.

I found the mystery portion of the book to be the
Rose Channing
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I pick up “Connected” because I enjoy YA fantasy and anything to do with magic. However, I'm sometimes a little apprehensive about YA because of some of the common stereotypes, especially when romance is involved. I was happy to discover this was not the case in this book. The relationships are well-developed and realistic. Emily grows throughout the story. Tommy manages to give off a “bad boy” impression while still being a likeable and romantic, which is hard to pull off.

I'm a little torn when
Sondra Hicks
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author is new to me which I enjoy a fresh take on paranormal and YA is not normally my area but this was enticing. A story about teens learning to acknowledge and accept their powers. Aside from powers reminds me of high school just trying to accept yourself. They discover they are a seer, a healer and a heck of a sense of smell. There is a line which I saw others liked as well about a bigger picture of being a healer and healing not being all physical and it just struck me because it’s tru ...more
Heathery
I received a copy of this book in exchange for review.

While the plot wasn't anything new (teens discover they have powers), it was done fairly well. The writing and dialogue flowed sensibly, and I didn't find myself skimming overly much. The romance was a bit nauseating at times--I could have done without the creepy sniffing of hair on Tommy's part--but it was tolerable and had its sweet moments. I think I liked the characters more as individual characters than I did as a couple. The only charac

• Bashful
  • The Shadow Children (Demon-Born Trilogy, #1)
  • Boomerangers
  • The Shadow City (Demon-Born Trilogy, #2)
  • Doppelbanger
  • The Shadow War (Demon-Born Trilogy, #3)
  • Archangel's Assassin
  • Lost Secret (The Kiss Chronicles #1)
  • Dark Secret (The Kiss Chronicles, Book 2)
  • Stolen Secret (The Kiss Chronicles Book 3)
  • Ironwood Academy Book 2: Full Moon Trial: Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy Romance
  • Heart Beat
  • Straight from the Heart (Wilde Love, #1)
  • Sins of the Father (Wilde Love #2)
  • Kenzie And The Guy Next Door (Scandalous, #4)
  • Strike Up the Band (Wilde Love, #3)
  • Saint and the Sinner (Wilde Love, #4)
  • A Very Wilde Christmas (Wilde Love, #4.5)
Originally a Jersey girl, sunny Texas is where I now call home, in a town way up north in the panhandle called Wellington. Along with the man of my dreams, I have two children: a rambunctious little girl and a sweet but vocal little boy. Three cats, three dogs and an inordinate amount of pet hair complete my household. For fun I like to read YA, horror, and existentialist fiction, as well as watch ...more

Connected (2 books)
  • Imminence (Connected, Book 2)

News & Interviews

“After watching too many scary movies it was hard not to have an overactive imagination, along with an inherent distrust of seemingly benevolent (and sometimes inanimate) things, like lawn gnomes.” 1 likes