Start by marking “The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin” as Want to Read:
The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin

The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin

The secrets behind the world’s most beautiful skin!

It all starts with your skin! In Korea, healthy, glowing skin is the ideal form of beauty, achievable by anyone—and this skin-first philosophy has taken the world by storm.

In The Little Book of Skin Care, Charlotte Cho of leading beauty and lifestyle website Soko Glam guides you through the celebrated Korean ten-step skin-
Published November 10th 2015 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about The Little Book of Skin Care, please sign up.
Ailin You are correct, stressors, nutrition are a big component-cause-reason of how our skin, hair, nails looks. The more reason of taking "care" of our big…moreYou are correct, stressors, nutrition are a big component-cause-reason of how our skin, hair, nails looks. The more reason of taking "care" of our biggest organ (our skin) is important. You couldn't have described it better: "under capitalist system? do mediation or yoga to 'cleanse'." That means everyone tries their best under whichever circumstance they currently live in including food consumed, to take care of our bodies. The k-beauty steps are more of "you" time and to pamper oneself, a relaxing time to wind down and feel good about your day and reduce stress which in turn you sleep better and feel better. Doesn't take more than 10 mins to do, unless you do a sheet mask (20 min spa time) which if you've never tried it, I recommend one asap. (less)

Start your review of The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin
Roya
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: okay
If you love skincare like I do, this book may prove to be helpful. The Korean skincare routine is something that's often talked about and many swear by. It's usually ten steps, but it really boils down to your skin type and its needs. The routine shouldn't take longer than ten minutes unless you're using a sheet mask or something along those lines.

I do have a few objections (because I'm a jerk). This routine is based upon layering. What that means is that you're basically going to apply your pro
Negin
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who are new to skin care, especially Korean skin care
As a former esthetician, I love anything about skin care. I always hear about the Korean skin care routine, but to be honest, ten steps is far too high maintenance for me.

My morning routine consists of three steps, and my nighttime is two if I’m good. I’ve tried some Korean sheet masks and decided that they really didn’t do much for me. The author has a website where she sells Korean products. I’ve tried some of them. The sunscreens are among my favorites. Some of the items are a bit gimmicky,
Carlie K
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
3.5 stars.
This review is originally posted on The Bookish Girl
You can get this book on Book Depository
-----------------------------------------
I discovered this book when I stumbled across a blog post titled "10 coffee table books you need to have". Since it was described as a coffee table book, I expected it to be fun, entertaining and beautiful instead of super informational. I guess this is why I wasn't disappoi
Weronika Zimna
I have no idea how to rate this book to be honest. It did give me some important information and I appreciate this. At the same time, there were parts that I found completely useless.
Janet
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: asian, purchase, 2016
I am a big fan of Korean dramas and Kpop and wondered how Koreans have such flawless skin. So when I saw this book in the library catalog I knew I had to check it out.

Charlotte Cho tells her personal story of growing up Korean-American in California. She neglected skin care in her youth and didn't give much thought to using sunscreen. A job opportunity took her to South Korea where she discovered the cultural obsession with looking good. Her co-workers and friends gave her advice on skin care (a
Denisse
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Korean beauty is not about vanity, is about nourishing your skin and body. I should really start doing it. Fuck you laziness!

La segunda mitad del 2018 fue terrible para mi piel (grasa y con tendencia al acne). Me llene de espinillas en la frente y puntos negros en la nariz. Ahorita ya tengo eso controlado pero me quedaron unas marquitas feas y ahi es donde entra mi interes por la K-beauty.

No he usado muchos productos pero espero este 2019 encontrar una rutina no muy complicada que me mantenga f
Vivian
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe more on the 3.5 side. Lots of useful information told in a really friendly and personal tone although I don't think this should have been labelled as a skin care book specifically. Theres a lot of stuff unrelated to skincare in this - which wasn't unwelcomed but the title is kinda misleading. Also didn't love the formatting of a few pages where paragraphs would be interrupted.
jess
Feb 17, 2016 added it
Shelves: nonfiction, ladyish, 2016
Fine. I'm obsessed with Korean beauty secrets. Who are you to judge me?

This book is fine. It's a little basic if you have read a lot of kbeauty blogs, but the information is good and the delivery style is like hanging out with a cool friend. I enjoyed it.
Kristan
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great book to have around for reference. It definitely taught me a lot.

I've never been someone who liked wearing a bunch of makeup, but I've found myself wearing it more and more in recent years. My skin is a jerk: it's dry, oily, sensitive, prone to breakouts and shows scars easily. I started wearing foundation more to even my skin out, which tends to make me breakout more. So over the last few months I've been doing a bunch of research and trying a bunch of samples (birchbox!) to tr
Deff✨
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me almost a month to read this book? What? Good to know goodreads!
Mariana Quesada
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who would have thought I'd give 5 stars to a book about skin care!? But wow this was so helpful and eye opening. It not only tells you what's good for your skin health but also why. So you can comprehend better the reason for all those products out there and use them properly.

This book targeted all my fear and doubts of using so many different labeled products and now I can walk into a store confidently knowing what I'm looking for!

At the end it also includes a guide to traveling to Seoul which
Melanie
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
In the midst of mourning Carrie Fisher (and, like, the country) I checked this out from the library to distract myself and learn about the 10 step skin care routine which I've been curious about. Yeah I'm like 100 years late, but whatever. And I learned about it and found the book pretty helpful. So good job, book. Apparently random grief over a beloved celebrity death can lead us down untraveled roads to the land of skin care knowledge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Eri
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I took a tumble down the beauty section of my library and decided to pick up this gem. I feel so educated now lol and one of these days, I might try out this supposedly brilliant skin care routine (most likely when I have a job though bc investment)
Cidney Mayes
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very excited for my new skin care products to arrive so that I can begin my regimen! Book was informative and the author used a great conversational tone to convey information.
Emma M.
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book and the information found in it has changed my skin and my life for the better. I think everyone should read it and then we should go on a field trip to Seoul to buy all the skin stuff.
Joanna Marie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, 2018-reads
very informative and i've realized so much about taking care of myself!
Sneha
Adorable and informative!
Ubiquitousbastard
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfic, asia
I picked this up after I had already been doing the 10 Steps for a few weeks. I wanted to know a little more about what I was doing and why. This book pretty much answered all of my questions. I also liked the little extras, like about Korean food, because now I'm hooked on boricha. Charlotte Cho wrote a very accessible explanation for Korean skin care, especially since she's a few years older than me, I understood her references and stories a little better. So besides being helpful, the book is ...more
Maja (a starless reader)
I gave this book 5 stars when I first read it, but I am leaving it un-rated now. The reason being, I think this book only promotes skincare products without being helpful. Through years and years of struggling with my skin, I have found that minimal and natural skincare always wins. So the book that promotes 10+ steps and products to use is going against everything I have learned ever since I read it. I do not think this book should be read by teenagers like I had been then, because then you get ...more
Ashlee
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: skincare lovers, Korean beauty lovers, people wishing to take care of their skin, health addicts.
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a nice little introduction to the world of Korean skincare, and skincare in general. I enjoyed the lightheartedness of it all and how accessible it would be to people of all ages, however I can't help but wish that Charlotte delved more into her knowledge as an esthetician and revealed more of he science behind the skin.

That said, there was a good solid base from which one could explore further. I also liked the parts about her experiences in Korea, however I felt that the title should
Jessica Hansen
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who thought that my first read of 2018 would be a book about skin care. But actually, I found Charlotte Cho’s experience with Korean skin care to be very insightful and interesting.

I’m super interested in Korean skin care and I really enjoyed reading more about the topic. For the beginner essential informations it’s perfect and I don’t felt that she wanted to sell me stuff. She talks about ingredients and products she likes and you can decide for yourself if you want to check her website out or
Mariana Ferreira
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very complete and thoroughly researched, it gives a broad explanation of the Korean skin-care regimen without making it overwhelming. A very enjoyable and informative read!
Ariadna73

Nice writing first-time attempt exercise

What I took away from this book (apart from a couple of pieces of well-known, down-to-earth, common-sense skin health advice) is that it seems to be an intimate portrait of a girl that has too much time between her hands and wants to do something of good use with it. So she writes this little book with a couple of her own drawings and some tales of her life as an american girl in Korea. I found her exercise not particularly boring or uninteresting. I th
Emma Rappaport
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this book & think it’s a great reference for all things skincare! This is the second time I’ve read the book, and granted both times there were sections I skimmed through, the overall content is very informative and helpful (in fact, I changed my skincare routine after my first read and it improved immediately)!

Charlotte Cho really just lays out the basics of proper skincare from an esthetician’s point of view and from experience living in one of the most advanced, beauty & skin-focused
Sibil
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting reading. It's ideal if you want to know more about Korean skincare and you are a newbie, but it's interesting even if you know about it and you just want to refresh your knowledge. Cho has a good writing and she explains things to you using her own experience, or the experience of people close to her, and that's good. It makes the reading easier. And she gives advice also about where to buy Korean products and she speaks about her favourite products, and this is a thing t ...more
Anne
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being obsessed with skin care and the health of my skin, I love learning about Korean beauty secrets. I also enjoy Soko Glam's products, so I was excited to read this book. There are parts of it I love, like products commonly used in Korea as well as an entirely different mindset then we have in the west about skincare. However, the book is a bit bogged down with stories about Korea. I love learning about Korea, but it did detract from the subject of this book. However, if you are interested in ...more
Muzmuz
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scribd, 2020-books
Everything you want to know about Korean skincare, how it differs from western skincare, all the steps, what to buy, where to buy it as well as real life stories from people of Korea about their own experience with skin care... then this book is for you... although i already have enough knowledge about all Korean skincare, i still found useful information in it... highly enjoyed reading it as it was quick and to the point.
Danielle Sliepka
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I absolutely loved this little book on Korean skincare! There is so much good and interesting information packed in it! I also loved how Charlotte threw in information about Seoul towards the end. Ah, makes me miss Korea so so much! I can only imagine how much it has changed since 2008. Already made my first purchase from Soko Glam and can't wait to dive in more with Korean skincare brands!
Natasya Wiah
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: study, 2019reading
I like how writer explain every ingredients benefit.. what best and what ingredients not to use when u have such different condition of face.. I think I will always look up for this book. Recommended for every girl/women... not even girl but also suitable for boy/men. treat your skin with care and love. ❤️☺️
Courtney
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good information about Korean Skincare. Although, I've got a lot of similar information from watching Youtube already. I read it as a suggestion from a youtuber, in fact. I didn't find the personal anecdotes helpful or entertaining. The little snippets from other people were similarly uninspiring.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Korean Beauty Secrets: A Practical Guide to Cutting-Edge Skincare and Makeup
  • Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro
  • Make Up: Your Life Guide to Beauty, Style, and Success--Online and Off
  • The Korean Skincare Bible: The ultimate guide to K-beauty secrets
  • The Skincare Bible: Your No-Nonsense Guide to Great Skin
  • Slow fashion. Modowa rewolucja
  • Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me: A Unique Guide to Over 35,000 Products, Plus the Latest Skin-Care Research
  • El arte coreano del cuidado de la piel
  • Japanese Secrets to Beautiful Skin & Weight Control: The Maeda Program
  • Skóra. Azjatycka pielęgnacja po polsku
  • Pure Skin: Discover the Japanese Ritual of Glowing
  • The French Beauty Solution: Time-Tested Secrets to Look and Feel Beautiful Inside and Out
  • Skin Cleanse: The Simple, All-Natural Program for Clear, Calm, Happy Skin
  • Dr. Lancer's Anti-Aging Method: The Breakthrough 3-Step Program for Younger Looking Skin
  • Elementarz stylu
  • Face Forward
  • Feminist Fables
  • The Beauty of Dirty Skin: The Surprising Science of Looking and Feeling Radiant from the Inside Out
Charlotte Cho is a South Korean-American esthetician, author and entrepreneur. She is best known as the co-founder of Soko Glam, a company that specializes in Korean beauty products. She is considered a major contributor to the current K-Beauty emergence in the U.S.

News & Interviews

“I'm a big believer that there is only one person who will motivate you to do things that require discipline: you.” 3 likes