Start by marking “The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin” as Want to Read:
The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin

The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  2,439 Ratings  ·  275 Reviews
The secrets behind the world’s most beautiful skin!

It all starts with your skin! In Korea, healthy, glowing skin is the ideal form of beauty, achievable by anyone—and this skin-first philosophy has taken the world by storm.

In The Little Book of Skin Care, Charlotte Cho of leading beauty and lifestyle website Soko Glam guides you through the celebrated Korean ten-step skin-
Published November 10th 2015 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about The Little Book of Skin Care, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Book of Skin Care

Roya
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: okay
If you love skincare like I do, this book may prove to be helpful. The Korean skincare routine is something that's often talked about and many swear by. It's usually ten steps, but it really boils down to your skin type and its needs. The routine shouldn't take longer than ten minutes unless you're using a sheet mask or something along those lines.

I do have a few objections (because I'm a jerk). This routine is based upon layering. What that means is that you're basically going to apply your pro
Carlie K
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
3.5 stars.
This review is originally posted on The Bookish Girl
You can get this book on Book Depository
-----------------------------------------
I discovered this book when I stumbled across a blog post titled "10 coffee table books you need to have". Since it was described as a coffee table book, I expected it to be fun, entertaining and beautiful instead of super informational. I guess this is why I wasn't disappoi
Janet
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: asian, purchase, 2016
I am a big fan of Korean dramas and Kpop and wondered how Koreans have such flawless skin. So when I saw this book in the library catalog I knew I had to check it out.

Charlotte Cho tells her personal story of growing up Korean-American in California. She neglected skin care in her youth and didn't give much thought to using sunscreen. A job opportunity took her to South Korea where she discovered the cultural obsession with looking good. Her co-workers and friends gave her advice on skin care (a
Vivian
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe more on the 3.5 side. Lots of useful information told in a really friendly and personal tone although I don't think this should have been labelled as a skin care book specifically. Theres a lot of stuff unrelated to skincare in this - which wasn't unwelcomed but the title is kinda misleading. Also didn't love the formatting of a few pages where paragraphs would be interrupted.
jess
Feb 17, 2016 added it
Shelves: ladyish, nonfiction, 2016
Fine. I'm obsessed with Korean beauty secrets. Who are you to judge me?

This book is fine. It's a little basic if you have read a lot of kbeauty blogs, but the information is good and the delivery style is like hanging out with a cool friend. I enjoyed it.
Rana
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, favorites
very helpful.
Weronika Zimna
I have no idea how to rate this book to be honest. It did give me some important information and I appreciate this. At the same time, there were parts that I found completely useless.
Eri
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I took a tumble down the beauty section of my library and decided to pick up this gem. I feel so educated now lol and one of these days, I might try out this supposedly brilliant skin care routine (most likely when I have a job though bc investment)
Emma
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book and the information found in it has changed my skin and my life for the better. I think everyone should read it and then we should go on a field trip to Seoul to buy all the skin stuff.
Deff✨
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me almost a month to read this book? What? Good to know goodreads!
Mariana Quesada
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who would have thought I'd give 5 stars to a book about skin care!? But wow this was so helpful and eye opening. It not only tells you what's good for your skin health but also why. So you can comprehend better the reason for all those products out there and use them properly.

This book targeted all my fear and doubts of using so many different labeled products and now I can walk into a store confidently knowing what I'm looking for!

At the end it also includes a guide to traveling to Seoul which
Kristan
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great book to have around for reference. It definitely taught me a lot.

I've never been someone who liked wearing a bunch of makeup, but I've found myself wearing it more and more in recent years. My skin is a jerk: it's dry, oily, sensitive, prone to breakouts and shows scars easily. I started wearing foundation more to even my skin out, which tends to make me breakout more. So over the last few months I've been doing a bunch of research and trying a bunch of samples (birchbox!) to tr
Melanie
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
In the midst of mourning Carrie Fisher (and, like, the country) I checked this out from the library to distract myself and learn about the 10 step skin care routine which I've been curious about. Yeah I'm like 100 years late, but whatever. And I learned about it and found the book pretty helpful. So good job, book. Apparently random grief over a beloved celebrity death can lead us down untraveled roads to the land of skin care knowledge. \_(ツ)_/ ...more
Cidney Mayes
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very excited for my new skin care products to arrive so that I can begin my regimen! Book was informative and the author used a great conversational tone to convey information.
Elena Druță
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin relatează povestea întâlnirii vestului cu estul, a două culturi total diferite, unde un subiect este tratat altfel decât în modul în care era obișnuită autoarea. În cartea de față, Charlotte își împărtășește experiența în ceea ce privește îngrijirea pielii, stilul de viață adoptat de coreeni, dar și ce produse fac parte din dieta lor zilnică, câte ceva despre obiceiurile existente, subiectele-taboo, iar la sfârșit vine ...more
Lhwarp
Jun 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Trendy, not so interesting...
Joanna Marie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads, self-help
very informative and i've realized so much about taking care of myself!
Sneha
Adorable and informative!
Ubiquitousbastard
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: asia, nonfic
I picked this up after I had already been doing the 10 Steps for a few weeks. I wanted to know a little more about what I was doing and why. This book pretty much answered all of my questions. I also liked the little extras, like about Korean food, because now I'm hooked on boricha. Charlotte Cho wrote a very accessible explanation for Korean skin care, especially since she's a few years older than me, I understood her references and stories a little better. So besides being helpful, the book is ...more
Jessica Hansen
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who thought that my first read of 2018 would be a book about skin care. But actually, I found Charlotte Cho’s experience with Korean skin care to be very insightful and interesting.

I’m super interested in Korean skin care and I really enjoyed reading more about the topic. For the beginner essential informations it’s perfect and I don’t felt that she wanted to sell me stuff. She talks about ingredients and products she likes and you can decide for yourself if you want to check her website out or
Ashlee
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: skincare lovers, Korean beauty lovers, people wishing to take care of their skin, health addicts.
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a nice little introduction to the world of Korean skincare, and skincare in general. I enjoyed the lightheartedness of it all and how accessible it would be to people of all ages, however I can't help but wish that Charlotte delved more into her knowledge as an esthetician and revealed more of he science behind the skin.

That said, there was a good solid base from which one could explore further. I also liked the parts about her experiences in Korea, however I felt that the title should
Sibil
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting reading. It's ideal if you want to know more about Korean skincare and you are a newbie, but it's interesting even if you know about it and you just want to refresh your knowledge. Cho has a good writing and she explains things to you using her own experience, or the experience of people close to her, and that's good. It makes the reading easier. And she gives advice also about where to buy Korean products and she speaks about her favourite products, and this is a thing t ...more
Danielle Sliepka
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I absolutely loved this little book on Korean skincare! There is so much good and interesting information packed in it! I also loved how Charlotte threw in information about Seoul towards the end. Ah, makes me miss Korea so so much! I can only imagine how much it has changed since 2008. Already made my first purchase from Soko Glam and can't wait to dive in more with Korean skincare brands!
Courtney
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good information about Korean Skincare. Although, I've got a lot of similar information from watching Youtube already. I read it as a suggestion from a youtuber, in fact. I didn't find the personal anecdotes helpful or entertaining. The little snippets from other people were similarly uninspiring.
Trish
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I met the author briefly and she was authentic, down to earth, and lovely. The book was also authentic and unassuming.

I've adjusted my skin care routine and ordered a few things.

I also enjoyed the insighrs to Korean culture. I so want to try a Korean spa full body scrub!
Naiara
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Muy ameno de leer, super útil y con mucha info desmitificada sobre los cuidados de la piel. Me ha encantado :D
Halah
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-book
great book
she make me love Korean people more and more
Mariana Ferreira
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very complete and thoroughly researched, it gives a broad explanation of the Korean skin-care regimen without making it overwhelming. A very enjoyable and informative read!
Sakuranko
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Es una buena guía orienta de manera muy entusiasta.

3 Estrellas!
Jane D. (La Biblioteca de Jane)
Le he dado las cinco estrellas, porque más que como un manual de belleza, cuidado y higiene de la piel, lo he leído como la autobiografía de una mujer cuya historia, carácter y arrojo, me han encantado.
Comencé este libro pensando que sería un manual en si, como esos viejos libros de belleza natural que mi madre y mi tía solían coleccionar y que yo a los doce años comencé a husmear con toda la curiosidad del mundo. Este libro dista totalmente de esos manuales, porque no es en si un manual de bel
Buy Generic Accutane 20 mg 1 1 Sep 30, 2018 10:05PM
Paraglow Cream 1 1 Aug 27, 2018 12:54AM
Renuvaline : Natural and organic body skin care cream 1 2 Jul 23, 2018 03:23AM
Lefery Anti Aging : Anti Aging Cream To Repair Damage Skin 1 1 Apr 13, 2018 04:43AM
Biotique Sun Care 1 1 Apr 03, 2018 11:59PM
Taking Good Skin Care With Help Of Mother Nature 1 2 Sep 24, 2017 11:57PM
The foundation should look transparent or blend 1 3 Sep 15, 2017 11:36PM
  • Korean Beauty Secrets: A Practical Guide to Cutting-Edge Skincare and Makeup
  • No More Dirty Looks: The Truth About Your Beauty Products and the Ultimate Guide to Safe and Clean Cosmetics
  • The Urban Cycling Survival Guide: Need-to-Know Skills and Strategies for Biking in the City
  • Writing Poems
  • Succulent Container Gardens: Design Eye-Catching Displays with 350 Easy-Care Plants
  • The History of Forgetting: Los Angeles and the Erasure of Memory (Haymarket)
  • The Banh Mi Handbook: Recipes for Crazy-Delicious Vietnamese Sandwiches
  • You're Stepping on My Cloak and Dagger
  • The Edible Balcony: Growing Fresh Produce in the Heart of the City
  • Guide to Reading & Writing Japanese (H)
  • Unit Origami: Multidimensional Transformations
  • Collect Raindrops: The Seasons Gathered
  • Maangchi's Real Korean Cooking: Authentic Dishes for the Home Cook
  • Because Writing Matters: Improving Student Writing in Our Schools, Revised Edition
  • Nightwork: A History of Hacks and Pranks at MIT
  • Cool Japan Guide: Fun in the Land of Manga, Lucky Cats and Ramen
  • How to Get Dressed: A Costume Designer's Secrets for Making Your Clothes Look, Fit, and Feel Amazing
  • Smashing UX Design: Foundations for Designing Online User Experiences