Start by marking “Engaging The Enemy: A Will and a Way / Boundary Lines” as Want to Read:
Engaging The Enemy: A Will and a Way / Boundary Lines

Engaging The Enemy: A Will and a Way / Boundary Lines

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  2,432 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
Sometimes the last man on earth you'd ever want turns out to be the very one your heart secretly yearns for . . .

Two complete novels by #1 New York Times bestselling author NORA ROBERTS

A Will and a Way

It wasn't easy living with her infuriating co-beneficiary, Michael Donohue -- even to fulfill her uncle's last wishes -- but headstrong Pandora McVie found it still harder no
Published May 1st 2003 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Engaging The Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Engaging The Enemy

Alexis
Apr 10, 2009 rated it liked it
I somehow never finished reading the first story in this 2-in-1 (I think it's the only Nora Roberts novel I've never completed) but I recently re-read the second, Boundary Lines, so for the time being here is my review for that.

BOUNDARY LINES

The Barons and the Murdocks have been running their cattle ranches side by side in Montana since the families made their way out West, and they've been feuding ever since. Jillian Baron grew up in Chicago but her heart was with her grandfather's ranch from t
Tracey
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, fiction, romance
Nora Roberts is comfort reading, plain and simple, she is never going to win any literary awards and there is nothing wrong with that at all. For me Roberts books have always been good for when my reading slides downhill and I am struggling to find something to hold my attention. They become like kickstart novels, they seem to help me get of my slump and propel me onwards and I can offer you no rational reason as to why. This is two stories packaged by Harlequin under the title of Engaging the E ...more
Christina Williams
Apr 27, 2011 rated it liked it
This was the first Nora Roberts book I ever read and began a great love for her novels. How I came to Nora Roberts is one of the reasons why this two story collection holds a special place for me.

I was on my first work trip, alone, and the only book I brought with me was a Tom Clancy novel. Unfortunately, the Clancy novel detailed the aftermath of a terrorist attack (airplane into the Capitol - creepy). I was in the Pentagon on 9/11 and this was about a year later so I just couldn't finish the C
Mafi
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eng, emprestados, 2012
Nora é sempre Nora! Dois romances muito bons, daqueles que fazem esquecer os problemas e acreditar outra vez no amor...gostei dos casais! As histórias não foram assim nada de especial, mas como são da Nora até deixo passar este detalhe..Livro perfeito para desanuviar a mente de outras leituras. :)
Melinda Rollings
Jul 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
Two stories in the book first one the best.
Crystal
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nora-roberts
The first story I would give 4 stars. it was great reading about her jewelry making business. that was the best part of the book. The second story Boundary Lines I give 5 stars. Set in Montana with a strong heroine known for her guts and determination, this story was much more up my alley. Hope to find it as a separate book. Roberts weaves two tales of strong heroines that didn't know how much they needed ahand until they were swept off their feet by someone equally as strong and admiring them f ...more
Sherri
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved both stories about headstrong lovers
Georgianne
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
When I need to clear my mind or take a break I tend to read silly romance and Nora Roberts does it well.
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second book was much better than the first.
Cyrisse
Apr 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
A Will and A Way

Pandora McVie was a jewelry designer. Her pieces were one of a kind. Michael Donohue wrote scripts for a successful television series. Pandora and Michael were related distantly through marriage. They didn’t like each other and they usually ended up auguring when they were together. They were both close to Uncle Jolley. They were the only members in the family who really loved him. The rest of the family thought Jolly was strange and they only wanted his money.

Most of the famil
Ally
Jan 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
A Will and a Way
It wasn't easy living with her infuriating co-beneficiary, Michael Donohue, even to fulfill her uncle's last wishes, but headstrong Pandora McVie found it still harder not falling in love with her nemesis.

I liked A Will and a Way but it didn't blow me away. The relationship between Michael and Pandora wasn't very believable at times and I found Pandora too controlling and annoying to really like her. At times I found Pandora and Michael to be funny and interesting and at others b
Jen
Feb 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
A Will and a Way: When Uncle Jolley leaves his vast fortune to Pandora and Michael, with the stipulation they live together in his house for six months, they know it's not going to be easy. Not only is the family furious that they don't get a piece of the pie, Pandora and Michael have been sniping at each other since they were kids. But, they didn't realize how much trouble the will would cause until they were stuck with each other. Passion ignites between these two easily, but when their lives ...more
Ashley
Apr 19, 2016 rated it liked it
The writing was good. The stories in both were entertaining. If you enjoy any of her later works or books where they could simply speak to one another and resolve interpersonal issues I would not suggest these at all. (view spoiler) ...more
Adele
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A Will and a Way - five stars
I really enjoyed this novel, especially the dynamics and characteristics of Pandora and Michael. I couldn't guess who the guilty party was and I loved the use of classic espionage techniques. It was a light and refreshing read. Just what I wanted and expected. Plus no big bust-up/argument!

Boundary Lines - three stars
I think this is the first Nora Roberts book that I've given less than five stars to! It felt a bit too Mills & Boons for my liking and although the
Bonnie Staughton
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This book is really 2 unrelated stories in one--"A Will and a Way and "Boundary Lines". Though the setting in the 2nd story is more up my alley-2 cattle ranches with horses and a rodeo, I enjoyed the first story line more. The story lines were both good but the 2nd book had an overly "aggressive" male main character whose actions I really didn't care for. There were opportunities to expand the story line more instead of concentrating on this main character's behavior.
Maria
Oct 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Both books are about adversarial relationships that end in love. Some of the dialogue is both imaginative and funny. A Will and a Way is set in the Catskills of New York. Boundary Lines is set in Montana. I particularly enjoyed the latter, having just gotten back from five days of riding and backpacking in Wyoming complete with cattle encounters, both on foot and hoof. As for the plot lines, they were both so-so.
Robin
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a book with 2 stories in it. The first was: A Will and a Way. This story had a little suspense to it so it was an ok read and I graded the book mostly based on this story. The second was: Boundary Lines. This is a western story about love for the ranch and for another person. I found this story predictable and kind of old fashioned. I would give this book 3.5 stars... simply because I have outgrown this type of story telling.
Chelsea
Sep 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
a 2 in 1 book.
1st book was really fun. five stars! I liked it because it was a romance with suspense in it. About 2 cousins who's uncle passes away and leaves them the estate. On one condition...
2nd book, 4 stars... is about a girl who becomes the sole owner of a ranch she loves. The ranch next door belongs to a family that has for a long time been feuding with hers.
Evelyn Wilson
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is two books in one. A Will and a Way. Loved reading about pandora & Michael. Love reading about big old homes and Wills that make 2 people live together, lolol.

Boundary Lines is the 2nd book. Love the name Jillian. Kind of knew who was involved in the cattle rustling when 1st read person's name, lol. Love Aaron also.
steph
3.5 stars, rounding up because I liked the first story so much. Basic Nora Roberts plot line in both (headstrong man and woman meet, battle, fall in love etc), but I really enjoyed the tug and pull of the first story - between Michael and Pandora. There was a line I want to quote, but I have to locate my copy of the book again so I'll do that later.
Betty
Feb 16, 2010 rated it liked it
I don't usually care very much for short stories, but both 'A Will and a Way' and 'Boundary Lines' were so good, I (almost) forgot they weren't full-length novels as I read them. However, it was too easy to figure out the identity of the cattle rustler in Boundary Lines. I was hoping for a surprise twist on that, and there wasn't one. Too bad...
Heni Rochma
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was the first time I read Nora Roberts'. It was so much fun reading this two stories. I love both the female main characters in these two stories. Each had a very strong characterization. Both the two female characters were portrayed as strong and independence women. The romance was also sweet. These stories were perfect for light and entertaining reading.
Sue
Jul 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
This book features two different stories. The first story about a jewelry designer went a lot faster than the second story about a ranch owner, but they both let you fantasize about the places you want to see and things you want to do with your life.
Stephanie Bolen
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Liked the concept, but I guess I'm getting sick of her writing because all the stories are blending together. The part where they admit they love each other in the moment of anger. The ravishing kiss, the gentle kiss. And the slow build up into the story.
Jennie
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
I wasn't so crazy about the female characters. One minute they were feisty, self-sufficient, the next laughing and swooning over a man. Two seconds later, they would be back to demanding self sufficiency and acting tough. It didn't sit well with me. I did, however, enjoy the books.
Lisa
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is two classic books by Nora Roberts combined in one nover. The first book is a Will and a Way. This is a great book - a mystery and a romance put together. I keep re reading this novel. Boundary Lines was average. Nora has done much better.
Marjo
Dec 24, 2011 marked it as zeroes-and-dnf
DNF. For the first story, I got to the point of 'it's not sexual assault if you like it' and quit there. For the second story, it feels like the thing was reworked into Montana Sky, so I might as well skip the practice book and go for the real thing.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
What can I say? I'm a Ms. Roberts fan. This is one of her earlier works which I used to love. They are the feel good star crossed lover romances. Simple plot and enjoyable characters. Great for a cloudy Sunday afternoon read.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • A Prior Engagement (Special Forces, #4)
  • Celebration
  • Tough Enough: The Cowboy & The Cougar & Odd Man Out
  • Awakening Avery
  • Summer Sanctuary
  • In the Blink of an Eye (The Taylor Clan, #3)
  • Time Treasure
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • Suite 606 (In Death, #27.5)
  • A Heart to Mend
  • Simply Sensual (Simply, #3)
  • Shades Of Gray (Hagen Series #8)
  • Silk and Secrets (Silk Trilogy, #2)
  • Denting the Bosch: A Novel of Marriage, Friendship, and Expensive Household Appliances
  • My Nerdy Valentine (Nerds, #7)
  • Deadly Intent (Mindhunters, #4)
  • Secret Keepers
More about Nora Roberts

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Letters (Rose Harbor #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Wingman (Alpha Male, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
  • The Last Move
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Turn, Right Direction (The Bourbon Street Boys, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Revealed to Him (Kerr Chronicles, #3)
  • I've Got Your Number
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Ink My Heart (Luminescent Juliet, #2)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Wild Swans
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Highland Surrender
  • Voyage of the Heart
  • Good Boy (WAGs, #1)
  • Even the Score
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Point of No Return (Kathleen Turner, #5)
  • 180 Seconds
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 8 Bodies is Enough (Body Movers, #8)
    $6.99 $2.49