Start by marking “Follow You Home” as Want to Read:

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  34,420 Ratings  ·  2,384 Reviews

After a perfect start, Daniel and Laura’s travels end abruptly when they are thrown off a night train in the middle of nowhere. To find their way back to civilisation, they must hike along the tracks through a forest…a haunting journey that ends in unimaginable terror.

Back in London, Danie
Published June 30th 2015 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Follow You Home, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Nida Kazi Seriously though he should have guessed abt the phone.. And the twist abt Laura is surprisingly unexpected... She could lie abt it..

Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
I am a huge fan of Mark Edwards, he never fails to surprise me with each book. Yet again, another totally unique book here with a new plot, plenty of twists and loads of moments that you will be busting to know what REALLY happened. Mark is brilliant at making you wait for the good stuff.

I like knowing that when I pick up a book by Mark I am going to like it, without fail. He knows what his readers want and gives it to them time after time. I found this one to be one of the more creative plots i
Andrew
Aug 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
So bad I created an account here just to slam it.

It's like a montage of cliches and nonsense. A taxi drives through a puddle and splashes an old lady. A homeless guy jumps out of the darkness and startles a character. A pregnant lady holds her belly. The whole book is trite imagery from watching too many crappy noir films and Lifetime dramas.

Oh god, then the nonsense. The British couple, while in Romania, says "it's about 10 kilometers. That's 6 miles." Who are they converting that for? Rob and
Christine
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Christine by: Author's fave solo book.
Dear Mr. Edwards,

Here we are again. I last wrote to you in my review of The Magpies last year. I said a lot of nice things because you penned one hell of a book. Well, guess what? I hate to swell that head of yours, but Follow You Home trumps The Magpies. Not to pressure you, but The Devil’s Work is going to have to be exceedingly phenomenal to beat this one. Don’t let me down.

52 Pickup. Yes sir, this book reminded me of that great old card game my big brother used to pull on me when we were kid
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Extremely unbelievable plot, way beyond the believability associated with any decent fiction, which hindered my ability to care even a little about any of the silly characters. I won't summarize the story -- tons of reviewers have already done that. Just know that this book starts on a high note and then makes a slow, aggravating decline encouraged by a ridiculous secret and a cast of equally ridiculous characters. This book will help you sharpen your skimming skills.
Diane S ☔
3.5 This was one creepy, creepy read. What starts as the perfect European trip for Laura and Daniel, become derailed in Romania after having their passports and credit cards stolen, they are thrown off the train by the Romanian police. Thrown off with them is Aline, a young Romanian woman they met on the train, traveling with her friend Ion. Stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no papers, Aline goes missing in the woods after entering them to empty her bladder in privacy. Trying to find Aline th ...more
Jan
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Another knock-out read from an author who truly knows how to keep a reader on their toes!

Being a mystery/suspense junkie, I'd like to think that over the years I have developed some super sleuth detective skills. This can actually be problematic, as often times I am able to anticipate where a story is going, or figure out who the main antagonist is well before the big reveal. But once again, Mark Edwards was able to lead me and my favorite book buddy Chris down many detours and dead ends, keepin
Suzanne
4.5 stars maybe?

I shirked my responsibilities today to read almost half of this on my rainy muggy boxing day. I’m good at this. I think my clan expect it. It was brilliant! So glad to have come across Mark Edwards and now cannot wait for The Magpies which has been on my radar far longer than this one has. Actually, my local reading community are in for a treat as I requested this one be added to my library catalogue and they obliged.

Absolute bum on the edge of my seat material, I was physically
Carol
"The evil from that house.....it followed us home."

FOLLOW YOU HOME begins innocently enough as Daniel and Laura continue their once in a lifetime travels across Europe by boarding an evening train to Romania, but the combination of a few creepy passengers and a brief nap result in being robbed of tickets, passports and $ that ultimately end with a boot off the train in the middle of nowhere with nothing but darkness and forest all around.....or so they think.

What happens next, as their nightmare

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I discovered Follow You Home due to a stranger's review that popped up on my Goodreads’ feed when one of my friends liked it. Looky there GR, your “upgrade” actually did something okay. You go Glen Coco Goodreads! Between the cover art, title, blurb and the fact the weather forecast was calling for cloudy with a chance of meatballs I was ready to dig in to a nice scary story.

Turns out this wasn’t a horror but ended up being a thriller
Babydoll
Aug 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
This was almost a DNF but I had to know what was the big bad thing that happened to Laura and Daniel that they swore to never tell. It takes over half the book to find out and it's disappointing. I skimmed the last half to see how it all plays out. At this point I still didn't know if I was reading a story about horror, the supernatural, or a crime thriller. The writing is amateurish, the plot implausible, and the characters aren't likeable.
Zoeytron
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Backpacking in Europe, a last hurrah before returning to London and settling into married life, jobs and babies, Daniel and Laura board a night train in Romania bound for Sighisoara. Upon discovering their passports, train tickets, and money have been stolen from their backpacks, they are unceremoniously thrown off the train in the middle of nowhere. A nightmare of gargantuan proportions is about to commence. What Daniel and Laura experience will follow them home and affect their relationship an ...more
sue
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The more I read of this mans work the more I love it.

This author is one outstanding thriller story teller. From the very start to the very end you are so engrossed in the story that my house roof could cave in and I'd be annoyed its interrupted my read. I kid you not.

We have this couple who are travelling around before they settled down, marry and have children. The thing is, they unknowingly get caught up in something that is a double dealing. They don't know it though.

I'm chatting like a
Elaine
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laura and Daniel are on the trip of a lifetime around Europe, supposedly their last blow-out before they settle down and start a family. But the trip ends abruptly and disastrously in Romania, an ending that we only see the build up to at first, with the complete story gradually being told to us in teasing little snippets throughout the read.

Three months after their return to London, and their relationship is in tatters. But what exactly happened? What evil happened so traumatised them that Dani
Gary
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mark Edwards is an author I have only started reading this year but I am yet to be disappointed with any of his novels. I find his books gripping from the start and instantly engaging making them very difficult to put down. The books I have read by him are full of surprises with lots of twists and turns that keep you reading to find out more.

He sets high standards with his writing and this one was again up there with the others I have read. This novel was full of action and so descriptive I felt
Lisa
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am now a Mark Edwards fan i liked this one his combination of thriller, horror throw in a bit of psychological it worked i found myself struggling in the beginning i was engrossed by the middle.

It Was supposed to be a holiday of a lifetime for Daniel & Laura as they travel across Europe on a train their trip ends in Romania where they meet Ion & Aline everything seems to be okay until they have their backpacks stolen Are Ion & Aline to be trusted?

Back in London Daniel & Laura v
Judy Collins
A special thank you to Thomas & Mercer and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. 5 Stars +

Top 50 Books of 2015 "Best Horror Suspense Thriller."

Mark Edwards, one of my “go-to” authors for some of the most intense and engaging psychological thrillers; however, with FOLLOW YOU HOME, he turns up the complexity and intensity ten-fold, (like, on steroids) with a Stephen King-like, brilliantly plotted, spine-tingling, and haunting atmosphere of evil, lies, and horror.

An innoce
Janet
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Follow You Home is the second book I've read by Mark Edwards. The first being The Magpies and I can say that after reading this the writing has improved as we're treated to a pacy, rollercoaster of a thriller.

The book begins with an English couple on a Romanian leg of an European tour they decided to take. A couple in their mid thirties that thought it would be a good idea to take a one last big holiday before they settle down and start a family. Then something goes disastrously wrong in Romania
Carolyn
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is one creepy book. I'm not normally a reader of thrillers but this one had me on the edge of my seat trying to work out what had happened to a wholesome young couple in a dark forest in the middle of Romania.

Daniel and Laura, a young English couple are on a backpacking trip around Europe before settling down to have a a family when they are robbed on a train in the middle of Romania. With no money, tickets or passports they are thrown off the train by the passport inspectors in the middle
Emma
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I had zero idea what this book was about, picking it up solely due to seeing Edwards' name pop up on here in glowing terms so often.

If anything, I thought that made the reading experience even better. It's a crazy, wild ride of a story and not even having the blurb to guide me made it all the more surprising.

It was hugely enjoyable but I felt the writing suffered at times. The style is splashy, all about the plot and surprises. Easy to read, a bit silly, but overall brilliant fun.
☼♄Jülie 

Daniel and Laura have had the time of their lives and are now enjoying the last leg of their once in a lifetime European backpacking holiday, before returning home to London to settle down and start a family of their own.

Unable to secure a first class sleeping cabin on the overnight train through Romania, Daniel and Laura settle into their seats to ride out the night.
Laura is uncomfortable with these arrangements and lets Daniel know that she is not impressed with his seemingly cost cutting tra
Brandi
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it

I need to read more psychological thrillers!

It’s funny because I had just finished reading a traditional romance story for the Genre Spotlight feature and wasn’t sure if I wanted to grab another one (then I saw some titles in the Kindle store and just couldn’t do it), but I did want something contemporary-ish. I normally never go to the Kindle store when I’m looking for books, but I was already in bed and decided to take a walk on the wild side.

For I am a rebel.

description

Anyway, I happened to see this b
Tanja Berg
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio, horror
This book was nominated in this round of Goodyear's award, in the horror category I think. Not that I'm sure. I thought it sounded interesting and downloaded it on audible for my long holiday flight. On my way back home, with three hours to go, it ended. Apparently I hadn't downloaded it completely. I almost left it at that. Given the stellar goodreads reviews I thought I'd give it another go. That saved this book from a one star rating, but only barely.

Daniel - I think, pardon me for not learn
Crumb
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Very good, well written piece of horror/thriller. This is definitely an author to watch.
☣Lynn☣
This started off creepy and thrilling but ended up being dull and stupid. The whole thing that happened at the house in the woods was disturbing yes, but I feel like it's been done before.

Still this isn't a terrible book though. That twist at the end made my jaw hit the floor!
Rosangela

I did not enjoy this one. Almost a DNF.
NOTHING happens! Unlikeable characters, unbelievable plot, did not convince me at all.
I ended up annoyed. Not my kind of book.

Matt
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mark Edwards is back with a new thriller sure to keep reader up late into the night, especially if they travel by rail. While on a tour of Europe, Laura and Daniel are robbed in the rural townships of Romania, their passports and tickets lifted from their bags. Romanian border guards toss them from the train, along with a young woman, Alina, who sought to defend them. In the middle of nowhere, Alina trudges off and Laura and Daniel soon follow, trying to find her, but only discovering a discarde ...more
Tammy
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I have become a fan of Mark Edwards.
Bettie☯

Thomas & Mercer
Archive Date Jul 15 2015

Description: It was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime, a final adventure before settling down.

Back in London, Daniel and Laura vow never to talk about what they saw that night. But as
Alan McDermott
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Mark Edwards, but it certainly won’t be the last. It was one that I didn’t so much read as consume. I started it at lunchtime and before I knew it, dinner was on the table. I carried on reading afterwards and planned to take it to bed, but the author had painted such a scary picture up to that point and was about to reveal exactly what had happened in that Romanian forest, so I decided to leave it until the morning. When I woke up I got the kids off to school and dived s ...more
Jules
Having recently got Kindle Unlimited, I finally worked out how to listen to books under Kindle Unlimited that also offer narration. I’ve been meaning to read a book by Mark Edwards after years of people recommending his books to me. So when I saw one of his books on my wish list was also available to listen to, I opted for the audiobook version.

Follow You Home was a great thriller. I listened to it over two days at the weekend, making the most of listening to it during times I normally wouldn’t
  • Twisted
  • Rolling in the Deep (Rolling in the Deep, #0.5)
  • Suicide Forest (World's Scariest Places #1)
  • The Border
  • The Night Sister
  • Abomination
  • The Sister
  • Thicker Than Blood (Thicker Than Blood, #1)
  • Kissing Games
  • A Head Full of Ghosts
  • Watching Over You
  • Bouncer
  • Look Behind You
I write psychological thrillers. My influences include writers such as Stephen King, Ira Levin, Ruth Rendell, Ian McEwan, Val McDermid and Donna Tartt and movies like Rosemary's Baby, Single White Female, Fatal Attraction and anything in which scary things happen to ordinary people.

I love hearing from readers and always respond. I can be contacted in the following ways:
Email: markcity@me.com
Twitte
More about Mark Edwards

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Cold Day For Murder (Kate Shugak #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
  • Horrorstör
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother
    $2.99 $1.49
“Every dark space felt threatening, as if it contained and concealed something horrifying. My imagination filled in the details that my eyes couldn’t see, not just memories from a hundred horror movies and books, but something deeper in my brain, a line that stretched back thousands of years, fear of the dark woods hard-wired into me.” 6 likes
“This was life, really lived, really experienced, a passage of magic that would flash before our eyes when we died.” 4 likes