Start by marking “Agile Metrics in Action” as Want to Read:
Agile Metrics in Action

Agile Metrics in Action

The iterative nature of agile development is perfect for experience-based, continuous improvement. Tracking systems, test and build tools, source control, continuous integration, and other built-in parts of a project lifecycle throw off a wealth of data you can use to improve your products, processes, and teams. The question is, how to do it?

Agile Metrics in Action teaches
Published July 2015 by Manning

To ask other readers questions about Agile Metrics in Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agile Metrics in Action

Christophe Addinquy
Nov 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: agile
A clear disappointment, this is what the book is to me. I can tell you that. I was expecting something about how to assess the agile values, mindset or practices into qualitatives or quantitative measures. Instead I have a writing about a framework developed by the author to measure and control (yes !) the development cycle. Even the mindset behind this is questionnable about being agile.
ma note de lecture en français ici
André Gomes
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good advice for agile teams on how to effectively use metrics to on process optimization and improvement.
Michal Paszkiewicz
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This book presents many methods and metrics you can use to monitor a project or product and gives examples that show how the metrics can be used to improve your work process. However, I think I preferred Manning's "software development metrics" which was more detailed.

I highly recommend this book to managers at all levels.
Aleksandr Zhuravlev
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great introductory into the world of Agile management and metrics. It can be helpful for all team-members, regardless of their role in the team - of course, first and foremost for team managers, but also for developers and executives. And if you just have started adopting Agile approach, this book can serve you as a decent starter.
Igor
If you are looking into practical insights on how to measure Agile practices progress and take action when needed this is the book to read. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole book and will keep it as reference during day to day work.
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a decent introduction to tools to quantify team productivity using agile processes, but credibility was lost when affect and effect were used incorrectly.
Kristjan
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Variety of examples, well-captured content and nicely structured book.

I found several good ideas from several chapters that I will be applying directly in delivery teams context.
Marcelo Marino