Start by marking “Skip Beat!, Vol. 13” as Want to Read:
Skip Beat!, Vol. 13

Skip Beat!, Vol. 13 (Skip Beat! #13)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  4,353 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
• An ongoing manga series in Japan—over 14 volumes to date
• Consistent ranking in Japan’s Top 10 manga sales
• An American Idol-style manga
• Every new volume has appeared in Japan’s Tohan Top 1
• Previewed and promoted in VIZ Media’s Shojo Beat magazine
• Released Bi-monthly (every other month).

Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it b
Published July 1st 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 19th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Skip Beat!, Vol. 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skip Beat!, Vol. 13

Marguerite
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars.

Finally, the acting test! The piano flirting scene is so cute and adorable!

Re-Read 1:

Yeah, the acting test really is a great story arc! This reread has been such a great idea!
Miss Ryoko
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book, manga
Not as gripping as the last two volumes, but I enjoyed it. I'm a little sad the Dark Moon arc is over... it was the most interesting one so far. Hopefully whatever comes next will be just as good!
Lid
Sep 11, 2016 added it
Shelves: manga
*En mangas sólo puntúo el primer volumen como nota general del manga

Ren se descojona XDDDD Pobre Kyoko, pero es que es tan inocente... ¡es imposible no reírse!
Alexis
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Makes me feel like picking up acting again.
Shaked
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Finaly! Ren’s acting test!!! That was really good. I really enjoyed those chapters. I’m sad to see the Dark Moon arc come to an end, so far it has been so incredibly interesting. But then again I’m glad it’s over, I want to see Kyoko get more and more experienced and famous, I want to see her advance in show biz, so I’m really looking forward to the next arcs in the series!!!
Also I really loved how after the acting test Kyoko offered Corn to Ren. Those scenes were so magical, with Ren getting am
Caro
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Glaiza Champion
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kyoko is as dense as can possibly be bit I am glad that Ren is not.

Also, this is just the 13th volume and there are like 40 plus in this series.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?!
Wrenna Walker
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
i think this is the best manga that i have ever read.
Vena Isabella
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
😍😍😍😍😍
Mel
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not much to say; I still love where it's going and I'm delighted to see Ren and Kyoko grow as actors
Samantha Bustos-Hubeny
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ooooh plot!
GuisBell
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bueno
Qué hermoso, cómo va desarrollándose la relación de Kyoko y Ren son tan lindos <3 <3
Katie
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner

I’m continuing with my Skip Beat reviews. As I’m looking right now I‘ll be making quite a lot of reviews, as I do not want to omit a lot. But let me begin, as today I will have 2 other characters that I will be discussing. But like previous time let me make a small list, so you know what this review will cover:

· Kanae having a crisis at work?
· A major work for Kyoko?
· Ren Tsuruga is having difficulties?

First of all, meet Kanae Kotonami or Moko-san as Kyoko calls h
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Most of this volume is taken up with Ren's acting test. Ren has to convince the president of his agency that his acting is up to romantic snuff or he's sacked. Of course Ren passes. He does it with style. After his rehearsal with Kyoko the night before, Ren is confident that he can perfectly act his scenes. He decides to improvise. Ren's costar Itsumi isn't going for it. She thinks he's being too brash at insisting on improvising. What's even worse is that Ren insists he can "make Itsumi act" li ...more
Sheilalalalala
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, romance, shoujo
Penny
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read, manga
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky
Starry
Sara
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sara by: My BFF
Shelves: humor, shoujo, manga
Another good volume. This author is a really good writer, if you haven't noticed by now. Everything she writes makes sense and not in that loose, "I guess that makes sense if I don't poke at it too much" way that some mangaka have. And her characters are not stupid either.
(view spoiler)
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Apr 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: OneManga.com
This volume begins with Act 73: Dark Moon.

The cover makes me think Kyoko is shooting a commercial for some type of vacation getaway. Seems to garish compared to the mood in this particular volume.

The story...
This is one of my favorite volumes out of the series. Nakamura was at the top if her game with this one. Ren develops immensely as an actor and a character in the pages.
There are three really big issues that comes out of this, but you'll have to read for yourself to find out what they are.
Ch
Rema
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ren shows the cast and the director his magnificent Katsuki while improvising his scenes. He wows everyone with his incredible acting skills and the ladies swoon over him. Even stone-hearted Kyoko is moved by his "heavenly smile". I think that tidbit is really cute where Kyoko is panicking over whether she likes Ren or not but then dismisses it as nothing. The best, though, is when Ren translates his feelings for Kyoko into Katsuki's feelings for Mizuki. This volume really showed a different sid ...more
Reader17 Der
Oct 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read
Love this series. In this volume Ren is having his test to prove that he is the great actor that he is and to continue his career in acting. He has to show how well he can play Katsuki and have the girl that he acting against be able to improvise and get her to act the scene the way he wants.

Also Kyoko notice's how all of the female actress can fall under Ren's spell. Kyoko was making me laugh with the "Sway Sway" when she was waiting around for Ren to get done talking with the President.
Joy Waters
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So basically the whole volume was about Ren's acting test. The president was pleased because he was actually acting as if he was in love. I loved the presidents reaction when he found out Ren loves Kyoko. I'm glad Kyoko handed Ren corn. It was her personal treasure but she wanted him to have it. Ren declined because he doesn't need it anymore. I wish Ren would tell Kyoko that he's Corn soon. It's killing me that Ren won't tell her anything!
Jamie
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-manwha
Originally read: Jan 2011
Re-read: Sept 2016

Dun dun dun. So intense is what happens here. Ren must prove his ability to act his weakest emotion. And he blows everyone away! Yay!! I loved the president's reaction as he realizes how and what changed for Ren. I burst out in laughter at that panel. Kyoko begins to confront and question Ren's acting and her own feelings. It is still such a struggle. WE also get to learn a lot more about their joint past.
Lauren
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was such a hilarious series! Kyoko was such a quirky character and was always doing stuff to get into trouble. I liked the transformation of her character throughout the series and how she found out that instead of having to rely on a boy she could make it on her own. There was a love triangle that I also enjoyed very much.
Starbubbles
Jul 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
while i enjoy kyoko and ren's interactions, i find this one slightly anti-climatic. it's okay because it's still well done and pretty interesting to see how kyoko's mind processes new developments. i wish her love switch would turn on, but honestly if i were in her shoes, i wouldn't connect the dots either.
Kristine Hansen
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Ren shows just how amazing he is when he pulls it off...tapping into a part of himself that Lory is all over (apparently he has a PAST....oooh the complexity of plot!). Still loving this series...on to the next book!
Ashley Chen
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
COORRNNNNNN!! I love when Ren and Kyoko talks about the past. We totally know that they are connected. OMGOMG! Cuteeee!!

But to me this volume lacked something...I don't know what. But as you can tell from my fangirling that it as still good. 4.5/5

Full review to come.
Jeffrey
Aug 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I wonder how much you can trust ratings this far into a series. Is Volume 13 ever going to get less than three stars? Probably not. But I really liked this one. It takes the focus off of Kyoko and really develops Ren and, in so doing, develops Kyoko through her observations of him.

B.B.
Nov 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 21 (Hana-Kimi, #21)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 7 (Beauty Pop, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 (Ouran High School Host Club, #11)
  • Love★Com, Vol. 8
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 8
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura

Skip Beat! (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 01