Start by marking “Viajo sola (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #1)” as Want to Read:
Viajo sola (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #1)

Viajo sola

(Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  12,902 ratings  ·  1,466 reviews
Un hombre sale a pasear con su perro para recuperarse de la resaca y de sus problemas de conciencia. De repente el perro sale corriendo entre los árboles. Allí el hombre descubre a una niña que cuelga de un árbol, balanceándose sobre el suelo. Con una mochila escolar en la espalda y un cartel alrededor del cuello que dice «Viajo sola».

El inspector de policía Holger Munch s
Tapa blanda con solapas, 560 pages
Published October 15th 2014 by Suma de Letras (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Viajo sola, please sign up.
Caitlyn Lamm
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kimberly (theveganlibrarian)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  12,902 ratings  ·  1,466 reviews

Crumb
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A First-Class Thriller!

This was unexpected. A complete surprise. If I wasn’t participating in the Popsugar challenge, I never would have read this gem of a novel. I had to pick a ‘nordic noir’ book to read and after contacting the author and asking if this qualified as ‘nordic noir’ I was ready to go, although admittedly, a little skeptical. I had decided from the get go that this genre wouldn’t be for me.. Oh how wrong was I! Thank you, thank you Popsugar Gods for bringing this novel AND genre
Paula Kalin
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Scandi Nordic crime fiction fans
Recommended to Paula by: Mary
I’m Traveling Alone is a fantastic Scandi Nordic crime fiction debut. Holger Munch, head of the recently re-established Oslo special crime unit, travels to a remote island in Northern Norway to find his former partner and his best detective, Mia Kruger. He shows her the case file of a gruesome killing of a 6 year old girl and convinces her reluctantly to join him in tracking down the killer.

A dark, violent thriller with many plot lines, the book is smart with many likable characters. Holger and
Babybook
Svi mi koji već godinama čitamo skandinavce dobro znamo koliko daleko može ići njihova brutalnost u knjigama (a djeluju tako fin narod :P)
I nekako su već postali sinonim za trilere,
Ovaj triler je nekako iznimka - nema gnjusnih scena ali odiše tom nekom depresivnoću koja krasi sve skandinavske trilere. Ako se izuzmu veliki broj likova kojih ima čak i viška i neke nelogičnosti u radnji ovo je ok triler, ali u usporedbi sa nekim slavnijim prestavnicima ovo mi dođe ko kamilica.
Sandy

I’ve been drowning in a sea of “meh” books lately. Don’t know whether it’s because I’ve chosen badly or a virulent case of the winter blahs but the last few just couldn’t hold my attention due to interminable detail and/or MC’s I found irritating (I’m convinced if they studied my genetic make-up they’d discover hummingbird DNA due to my nonexistent attention span).

Hallelujah, the streak is over.

Set in Norway, the story follows the members of a special police unit that was disbanded after their
Rosie
I love Scandinavian crime fiction, so I was hoping this one would be a winner. Unfortunately, I probably hyped myself up a bit for it because it was just ok.
The novel focuses on police officers Mia Kruger and Holger Munch who are reunited to find a killer targeting little girls. Mia has an interesting past and is struggling with an addiction to alcohol and pills. The initial prologue and first chapter grabbed me, as a victim is found almost immediately. However, from then on things slowed down.
Susan
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a debut thriller by Samuel Bjork and I was not too surprised to find out that this is a pen name for Norwegian novelist, playwright and singer/songwriter Frode Sander Oien. This is such an assured and confident novel, that I would have been amazed had it been the first book this author had written. Although I love reading many types of books, my ultimate favourite reads are crime books and, as it is currently the most popular genre fiction, it seems I have a lot of company. However, this ...more
Stratos
Ένα τυπικό αστυνομικό των σκανδιναβικών χωρών με τα γνωστά κλισέ. Τεμαχιοποίηση της ιστορίας, ένα μεσήλικας αστυνομικός με προσωπικές συναισθηματικές διαταραχές, αστυνομικίνες, λανθάνων σεξουαλισμός ανδρών γυναικών και άλλα τέτοια...Σε πολλούς αρέσουν, σε κάποιους δεν αρέσουν. Κάποιοι άλλοι πάλι απλά διαβάζουν τις ιστορίες....
Odette Knappers
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was a good thriller. But, in my eyes, not spectacular or much better than other thrillers I've read. So, 3*. I wonder why so many people give this book such high ratings, I wonder what makes it so special for them..
Elyse Walters
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m drawn to read Nordic books.....
Having enjoyed Swedish crime authors, Henning Manvell, Stieg Larson, and Jo Nesbo, ( and a couple of great reviews from *Paula* and *Crumb*), I was excited when my Library Overdrive had the audiobook copy to download. The ebook wasn’t even available. But no problem.......
The Audiobook is read by Laura Paton. GREAT AUDIO-READER!!!

The experts are ‘right’..... Comparing Samuel Bjork to Steig Larsson- and Joe Nesbo is a great fair comparison.

Mixing two great detec
Petra
I am somewhat at odds and unsure how to rate this. For the first 23% of it, I was close to giving up. It felt like a long line of people were being introduced, but the plot wasn't going anywhere. Being the first in a new series, there is certainly a benefit to providing plenty of background to your main characters, and by the end, I have to admit, you really felt you had a solid understanding of who Mia Krüger and Holger Munch were. But in addition to the main characters', there were also copiou ...more
Mary Bookitsa
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Τελικά αγαπω τα αστυνομικα πού διαβαζω να έχουν βασικούς ηρωες έναν αντρα και μια γυναίκα που συμπλήρωνουν ο ενας τον αλλο. Η Μια Κρούγκερ ειναι μια γυναικα εξαιρετικά ευστροφη με ενα τρόπο σκεψης που θα ήθελα πολυ να εχω αν επρεπε να εξυχνιασω τετοιες δολοφονιες. Από την αλλη ο Χολγκερ Μουνκ ειναι ενας φαινομενικα κανονικος αντρας με τις αδυναμιες του τις λύπες του με τα ολα του. Δεν είναι ο σκληρός και αδυσώπητος μπάτσος που αφήνει πισω του συντρίμμια. Εχει μεθοδο, συστημα, λογικα επιχειρήματα ...more
Nikki
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A four star includes-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink read!!

First, let me thank my reading buddy, Crumb, for suggesting this book to me as a buddy read for the Popsugar Reading Challenge. Had it not been for that, I probably would have never stumbled across this one.

Written by Norwegian author, Samuel Bjork, I’m Traveling Alone is one creepy thriller. Detectives Mia Kruger and Holger Munch team up to track down a killer preying on young girls. Mia and Holger are night and day from one another,
Ruth
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Muy adictivo. Me ha tenido muy enganchada. Una buena historia, un buen protagonista, un buen asesino... Muy recomendable para aquellos que disfruten de la novela policiaca.
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
My final book of 2015 was this beauty!

As some of you may know, I'm a huge Scandi/Nordic crime fiction book lover, so of course I was excited when I read the premise of Bjork's book.

What a book to end my reading year on! If I had read this before my top ten books post, I'm pretty sure this would have made the list! Maybe I might do a post about my favourite Scandi crime books in the new year! I'm Travelling Alone is a superb thriller. I was unsure when I started it, because it introduced a whole
Canadian
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Canadian by: Richard
Four six-year-old girls are murdered in succession. They are found dressed in old-fashioned clothing made to match that of dolls, and they carry satchels with school texts that don’t belong to them. Each has a Roman numeral scratched on a fingernail—according to the order in which the killings occurred. All have apparently died painlessly, with no evidence of a struggle, from an overdose of an anesthetic agent, and all are found wearing cards around their necks which announce: “I’m traveling alo ...more
Valerie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, ebooks
Ik reis alleen is een thriller die gaat over het oplossen van een zeer grote puzzelachtige moordzaak waarin Mia en Holger de hoofdrollen in spelen. Een ingewikkelde zaak waarin meisjes verdwijnen maar het wel steeds persoonlijker wordt. Ik had dit niet kunnen voorspellen.
Het verhaal leest als een trein en houdt continu je aandacht.
Ursula Uriarte
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
5 solid stars for I'm Traveling Alone by Samuel Bjørk - .

I'm Traveling Alone is Bjørk's US debut and it is brilliantly crafted. We start with the discovery of a gruesome crime, a girl found hung from a tree with a tag around her neck that read "I'm Traveling Alone" it is then when the head of the Violent Crimes Department in Oslo, Holger Munch, goes looking for Mia Kruger, a former member of his team who was always considered to be the best in her field.
Mia Kruger is absolutely fascinating, a
Elke Eelbode
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In het begin was het even wennen aan de vele personages die in het boek voorkwamen maar waarop de verhaallijn niet verder liep. Na een paar hoofdstukken worden de hoofdpersonages duidelijker en is het boek aangenaam om te lezen. Korte hoofdstukjes, goed uitgewerkt verhaal en spannend tot het einde. Een goed debuut van deze auteur.
Jess
Nhi Nguyễn
Đọc cuốn này đúng là bị tác giả xoay như chong chóng. Tầng tầng lớp lớp những sự kiện và những nhân vật mới cứ xuất hiện liên tục. Những phần đầu, hầu như bắt đầu chương nào cũng là giới thiệu một nhân vật mới toanh vào câu chuyện. Những nhân vật tưởng chừng như không liên quan, nhưng cuối cùng lại đóng những vai trò nhất định và là một phần trong bức tranh tổng thể mà tác giả đang cố gắng vẽ ra cho người đọc.

Mình đã chìm đắm vào câu chuyện, đôi lần muốn lật đến những trang cuối cùng để xem hun
Elina
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Καλή αναγνωστική χρονιά!!! Ξεκίνησα τη χρονιά ολοκληρώνοντας ένα πολύ καλό αστυνομικό μυθιστόρημα. Έχοντας διαβάσει αρχικά το δεύτερο βιβλίο του συγγραφέα και τώρα το πρώτο, ενώ έχει πολύ καλή πλοκή και σε κρατάει σε εγρήγορση, διαπίστωσα ότι ακολουθεί μια συγκεκριμένη νόρμα και στα δύο βιβλία του. Δεν βρήκα πρωτοτυπία και κάτι διαφορετικό στην πλοκή των 2 βιβλίων του. Το θετικό όμως είναι ότι δεν μπορείς να το αφήσεις από τα χέρια σου!
Geo Kwnstantinou
Κλασικό σκανδιναβικό νουάρ!Με την κορύφωση της αγωνίας στο τελευταίο τέταρτο του βιβλίου,που δεν μπορείς να το αφήσεις! Μου θύμισε λίγο Camilla Lankberg ο τρόπος κλιμάκωσης της ιστορίας! θίγει κάποια κοινωνικά ζητήματα χωρίς να τα αγγίζει πιο βαθιά! και άφησε και κάποιες παράλληλες ιστορίες ξεκρεμαστες ,(Τουμπιας-Ρακελ) υποθέτω ότι θα τις θίξει στο δεύτερο βιβλίο όπου πρωταγωνιστούν πάλι οι ίδιοι!
Amparo
a idea de partida es impactante. Los personajes son interesantes, con un pasado y presente nada planos. Tanto Holger Munch como Mia Krüger, -ésta una especie de Will Graham femenino (el de Thomas Harris pero también, como no, el que a partir del original ha desarrollado Brian Fuller)- tienen entidad suficiente, aunque salvo por Gabriel Mock, el resto del equipo queda muy desdibujado. La trama tampoco está mal y engancha, así que ¿dónde está el "pero" si lo hay? Para mí está en la propia narració ...more
Nanou
В русский текст явно не ступала нога редактора, зато в оригинальный текст явно ступала нога автора, потому что он, блять, весь написан ногами без применения головы и логики.
Chrissa Vasileiou
Είχα διαβάσει εξαιρετικά σχόλια για τον Samuel Bjork, είχα ακούσει διθυράμβους, επομένως εδώ και μήνες με έτρωγαν τα δάχτυλά μου να τον διαβάσω. Με αφορμή την κυκλοφορία του τρίτου του βιβλίου από τις εκδόσεις Διόπτρα, αποφάσισα πως ήρθε η ώρα και έτσι έπιασα το νήμα από την αρχή.

Εντάξει, δεν είναι ό,τι καλύτερο έχω διαβάσει - από Σκανδιναβό συγγραφέα ή και γενικότερα. Δεν είναι το κορυφαίο στο είδος του. Ίσως είναι και λίγο υπερεκτιμημένος ο δημιουργός του (επιφυλάσσομαι, όταν διαβάσω και τα επ
Mark
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of scandinavian lit
I received a copy of this novel from Crimezone.nl / Hebban.nl in exchange for an honest review.

this is according all the advertisements in the Dutch press the next Jo Nesbo and based upon this novel I dare to disagree.

The story starts when dead children have been found with a notice around their necks that says "I travel alone".

the leading investigator starts the book with looking up his female partner [in a police partner sense], she has become rather suicidal after a shooting accident in whic
Mandy
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do not usually read a police procedural book. I love to read psychological thrillers, and sometimes the police officer is part of these books, but I don't enjoy the view of the police investigation usually. This book, however, was very different. And I really enjoyed it.
The two main characters were police officers, but pretty flawed ones, each with their own difficulties and demons. They were very real. And very human.
The investigation into the murders of four little girls was also very well d
Mary
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
4.5* rounded to 5*.

Dear Reader,

If you're looking for a totally enthralling, intriguing and captivating story,then look no further than this book.

Faced with the deaths of two six year old children,Munch,Kruger and their team are faced with a most devious serial killer.

Found hanging from trees,with a satchel of schoolbooks,dressed in doll's clothes,these children pose a riddle to the masterminds in the Violent Crimes Unit.

Munch,dealing with his own personal problems has to juggle the pressuring
Lorraine Southern
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
10/85, 4 stars ****

This book is over 500 pages long and is classed as a 'Nordic noir' crime thriller - 2 traits that normally put me right off a book! I've read Larsson and Nesbo and, yes, both are very good but both are also, in my opinion, guilty of going on and on and on, leading me to 'drift off' and get bored ;) As a result and wrongly so, I know, I tend to lump all this type of thriller together and avoid them all unless I'm in the right mood to tackle one of them!
This book however, total
Yanper
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Η υπόθεση καλή, η πλοκή ικανοποιητική, αλλά το τέλος επίπεδο, απρόβλεπτο μεν, αλλά όχι ικανοποιητικό με τον τρόπο που γίνεται η αποκάλυψη του δολοφόνου. Διαβάζω πολλά χρόνια αστυνομικά αλλά αυτό που συμβαίνει με πολλούς από τους ήρωες της σκανδιναβικής αστυνομικής λογοτεχνίας είναι πρωτόγνωρο. Λειτουργούν και λύνουν τα προβλήματα είτε μαστουρωμένοι, είτε μεθυσμένοι. Ίσως οι καιρικές συνθήκες και το γκρίζο του σκανδιναβικού βορρά να οδηγούν τους συγγραφείς να φτιάχνουν τους κεντρικούς ήρωες των β ...more
Thriller fans: Jaartrilogie 1: Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #1 38 41 Jan 19, 2019 12:16PM
Club de lectura p...: Viajo sola - LA 3er bimestre 2018 (may/jul) 21 68 Jul 19, 2018 03:14PM
I'm Traveling Alone (Buddy Read) 15 26 Feb 23, 2018 06:38PM
Books Ever After: Readalong 20 tot 30 januari - Ik reis alleen 106 82 Feb 07, 2017 02:55PM
  • Andköf (Siglufjörður #5)
  • Davidsstjärnor (Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht #5)
  • Third Voice (Rönning & Stilton, #2)
  • Blodtåke (Henning Juul #3)
  • Sogið (Children's House, #2)
  • Hulemannen (William Wisting, #9)
  • Helvetesilden (Konrad Sejer, #12)
  • De underkända (Sebastian Bergman, #5)
  • Victim Without a Face (Fabian Risk, #1)
  • Död joker  (Hanne Wilhelmsen, #5)
  • Afsporet
  • Dreamless (Odd Singsaker, #2)
  • Den siste pilegrimen (Tommy Bergmann, #1)
Samuel Bjørk is the pen name of Norwegian novelist, playwright and singer/songwriter Frode Sander Øien.

Bjørk’s first installment in the Mia and Munch Series, I’m Traveling Alone, is an international success story that has gained critical acclaim and captivated readers all over the world, including hitting #1 on German newspaper Der Spiegel‘s bestseller list.

Samuel Bjørk has been compared to the li

Holger Munch & Mia Kruger (3 books)
  • Uglen (Holger Munch og Mia Kruger #2)
  • Gutten som elsket rådyr (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #3)
“enlighten me.’ Munch” 1 likes