Start by marking “Viajo sola (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #1)” as Want to Read:
Viajo sola (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #1)

Viajo sola

(Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  16,883 ratings  ·  1,816 reviews
Un hombre sale a pasear con su perro para recuperarse de la resaca y de sus problemas de conciencia. De repente el perro sale corriendo entre los árboles. Allí el hombre descubre a una niña que cuelga de un árbol, balanceándose sobre el suelo. Con una mochila escolar en la espalda y un cartel alrededor del cuello que dice «Viajo sola».

El inspector de policía Holger Munch s
Tapa blanda con solapas, 560 pages
Published October 15th 2014 by Suma de Letras (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Viajo sola, please sign up.
Cliff
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Siti They knew the area where Mia and Marion were from the GPS coordinates from the video by Sarah's husband (where he made the underground room and preten…moreThey knew the area where Mia and Marion were from the GPS coordinates from the video by Sarah's husband (where he made the underground room and pretended to be scared) made that was supposed to throw off the police and into a trap (the house was rigged with explosives). It just so happened that this house was a few doors down from the house Mia and Marion were captive because Karen wanted to hear the explosion go off. But Marion escaped just in time to be spotted by a person nearby and then the police (Holger) got a call from Ludvig saying it was the wrong house and it was a few doors down the road.

I am also a bit confused about the first kidnapping, I'm not sure Karen's intention of taking that baby and how the baby died! I think she went to the infertility support group to look for someone to manipulate (Malin) so she can get her way: to con people for money, inspire her to kidnap other girls since her baby died, etc. (less)

·  16,883 ratings  ·  1,816 reviews

Start your review of Viajo sola (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #1)
Crumb
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A First-Class Thriller!

This was unexpected. A complete surprise. If I wasn’t participating in the Popsugar challenge, I never would have read this gem of a novel. I had to pick a ‘nordic noir’ book to read and after contacting the author and asking if this qualified as ‘nordic noir’ I was ready to go, although admittedly, a little skeptical. I had decided from the get go that this genre wouldn’t be for me.. Oh how wrong was I! Thank you, thank you Popsugar Gods for bringing this novel AND genre
Paula
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Scandi Nordic crime fiction fans
Recommended to Paula by: Mary
I’m Traveling Alone is a fantastic Scandi Nordic crime fiction debut. Holger Munch, head of the recently re-established Oslo special crime unit, travels to a remote island in Northern Norway to find his former partner and his best detective, Mia Kruger. He shows her the case file of a gruesome killing of a 6 year old girl and convinces her reluctantly to join him in tracking down the killer.

A dark, violent thriller with many plot lines, the book is smart with many likable characters. Holger and
Beata
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A little disappointment .. The idea of a two-strong team investigating is a pattern which authors often emply. One is experienced, with some problems, the other is young, with traumatic past and some exceptional gifts. I accept such presentation, however, not all books deliver .. Probably it was just me, but despite the idea behind the mystery was intriguing, I was tired of Munch & Kruger at some point .. The description of the series was entincing and I wanted to start with Book 1, unfortunatel ...more
Sandy

I’ve been drowning in a sea of “meh” books lately. Don’t know whether it’s because I’ve chosen badly or a virulent case of the winter blahs but the last few just couldn’t hold my attention due to interminable detail and/or MC’s I found irritating (I’m convinced if they studied my genetic make-up they’d discover hummingbird DNA due to my nonexistent attention span).

Hallelujah, the streak is over.

Set in Norway, the story follows the members of a special police unit that was disbanded after their
Rosie
I love Scandinavian crime fiction, so I was hoping this one would be a winner. Unfortunately, I probably hyped myself up a bit for it because it was just ok.
The novel focuses on police officers Mia Kruger and Holger Munch who are reunited to find a killer targeting little girls. Mia has an interesting past and is struggling with an addiction to alcohol and pills. The initial prologue and first chapter grabbed me, as a victim is found almost immediately. However, from then on things slowed down.
Sandra
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-wd
I saw this Scandinavian thriller a number of years ago whilst killing time at an airport....... the title ‘I’m Travelling Alone’ intrigued me. I got the book almost straight away but only now decided to read it.
A six-year-old girl is found in the countryside, hanging from a tree. Around her neck is a sign that says "I'm traveling alone."
Holger Munch is asked to put a special homicide team together. His first task sees him travelling to a remote island to persuade his previous partner, detectiv
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I honestly think that Norwegian crime novels are the best. I just love reading/listening to crime books set in Norway and now I have one more favorite series. I'm Traveling Alone is the first book in the Holger Much & Mia Kruger series. I listened to the Swedish version of the book and I was hooked. The case with the dead children is both eerie and sad. And both the main characters made a great impression on me, Holger who has not recovered from his divorce 10 years previously and Mia who dreams ...more
Odette Brethouwer
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was a good thriller. But, in my eyes, not spectacular or much better than other thrillers I've read. So, 3*. I wonder why so many people give this book such high ratings, I wonder what makes it so special for them..
Susan
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a debut thriller by Samuel Bjork and I was not too surprised to find out that this is a pen name for Norwegian novelist, playwright and singer/songwriter Frode Sander Oien. This is such an assured and confident novel, that I would have been amazed had it been the first book this author had written. Although I love reading many types of books, my ultimate favourite reads are crime books and, as it is currently the most popular genre fiction, it seems I have a lot of company. However, this ...more
Elyse  Walters
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m drawn to read Nordic books.....
Having enjoyed Swedish crime authors, Henning Manvell, Stieg Larson, and Jo Nesbo, ( and a couple of great reviews from *Paula* and *Crumb*), I was excited when my Library Overdrive had the audiobook copy to download. The ebook wasn’t even available. But no problem.......
The Audiobook is read by Laura Paton. GREAT AUDIO-READER!!!

The experts are ‘right’..... Comparing Samuel Bjork to Steig Larsson- and Joe Nesbo is a great fair comparison.

Mixing two great detec
Petra
I am somewhat at odds and unsure how to rate this. For the first 23% of it, I was close to giving up. It felt like a long line of people were being introduced, but the plot wasn't going anywhere. Being the first in a new series, there is certainly a benefit to providing plenty of background to your main characters, and by the end, I have to admit, you really felt you had a solid understanding of who Mia Krüger and Holger Munch were. But in addition to the main characters', there were also copiou ...more
Isabel • The Crime Bookshelf
4 STARS.

As you guys know, Scandinavian crime fiction is one of my all time favorite sub genres 🕵🏼‍♀️🖤 I have been looking forward to reading this book for SO LONG now and I am so happy to say that I really enjoyed it 🙌🏼⁣

What I really loved about this book was how fleshed out the characters were. I truly loved the detectives in this book both as individuals and as a duo. I was attached to one of the main protagonists, Mia, right from the beginning and she was easily my favorite character. One
Kim
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Setting: Norway. This is the first outing for a new Scandi-detective series featuring Holger Munch and his former partner Mia Kruger. After Mia got herself into trouble for shooting a drug dealer (whose actions had killed her sister), she bought an cottage on an isolated island off the Norwegian coast and has gone there intending to kill herself on the anniversary of her sister's death. But after a 6 year old girl is found hanging from a tree dressed in a school uniform and with the sign 'I'm Tr ...more
Nikki
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A four star includes-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink read!!

First, let me thank my reading buddy, Crumb, for suggesting this book to me as a buddy read for the Popsugar Reading Challenge. Had it not been for that, I probably would have never stumbled across this one.

Written by Norwegian author, Samuel Bjork, I’m Traveling Alone is one creepy thriller. Detectives Mia Kruger and Holger Munch team up to track down a killer preying on young girls. Mia and Holger are night and day from one another,
Inactive Canadian
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Inactive Canadian by: Richard
Shelves: thriller, scandinavia
Four six-year-old girls are murdered in succession. They are found dressed in old-fashioned clothing made to match that of dolls, and they carry satchels with school texts that don’t belong to them. Each has a Roman numeral scratched on a fingernail—according to the order in which the killings occurred. All have apparently died painlessly, with no evidence of a struggle, from an overdose of an anesthetic agent, and all are found wearing cards around their necks which announce: “I’m traveling alo ...more
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
My final book of 2015 was this beauty!

As some of you may know, I'm a huge Scandi/Nordic crime fiction book lover, so of course I was excited when I read the premise of Bjork's book.

What a book to end my reading year on! If I had read this before my top ten books post, I'm pretty sure this would have made the list! Maybe I might do a post about my favourite Scandi crime books in the new year! I'm Travelling Alone is a superb thriller. I was unsure when I started it, because it introduced a whole
Jess
Ursula Uriarte
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
5 solid stars for I'm Traveling Alone by Samuel Bjørk - .

I'm Traveling Alone is Bjørk's US debut and it is brilliantly crafted. We start with the discovery of a gruesome crime, a girl found hung from a tree with a tag around her neck that read "I'm Traveling Alone" it is then when the head of the Violent Crimes Department in Oslo, Holger Munch, goes looking for Mia Kruger, a former member of his team who was always considered to be the best in her field.
Mia Kruger is absolutely fascinating, a
Kathleen
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Frode Sander Oien’s first novel under the pen name Bjork, but the Norwegian novelist, playwright, and singer/songwriter has considerable writing experience. Here we have Norwegian Noir—detectives Holger Munch and Mia Kruger with personal issues; a dark, twisting plot; multiple characters and multiple POVs. So, if you enjoy complicated psychological thrillers—this one is for you. Recommend.
Mandy
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do not usually read a police procedural book. I love to read psychological thrillers, and sometimes the police officer is part of these books, but I don't enjoy the view of the police investigation usually. This book, however, was very different. And I really enjoyed it.
The two main characters were police officers, but pretty flawed ones, each with their own difficulties and demons. They were very real. And very human.
The investigation into the murders of four little girls was also very well d
Mark
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of scandinavian lit
I received a copy of this novel from Crimezone.nl / Hebban.nl in exchange for an honest review.

this is according all the advertisements in the Dutch press the next Jo Nesbo and based upon this novel I dare to disagree.

The story starts when dead children have been found with a notice around their necks that says "I travel alone".

the leading investigator starts the book with looking up his female partner [in a police partner sense], she has become rather suicidal after a shooting accident in whic
Mary
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
4.5* rounded to 5*.

Dear Reader,

If you're looking for a totally enthralling, intriguing and captivating story,then look no further than this book.

Faced with the deaths of two six year old children,Munch,Kruger and their team are faced with a most devious serial killer.

Found hanging from trees,with a satchel of schoolbooks,dressed in doll's clothes,these children pose a riddle to the masterminds in the Violent Crimes Unit.

Munch,dealing with his own personal problems has to juggle the pressuring
Lorraine Southern
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
10/85, 4 stars ****

This book is over 500 pages long and is classed as a 'Nordic noir' crime thriller - 2 traits that normally put me right off a book! I've read Larsson and Nesbo and, yes, both are very good but both are also, in my opinion, guilty of going on and on and on, leading me to 'drift off' and get bored ;) As a result and wrongly so, I know, I tend to lump all this type of thriller together and avoid them all unless I'm in the right mood to tackle one of them!
This book however, total
Silvanna
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I gave up on this after 140 pages. Frankly, I couldn't get into the story.
Lo O'Neill
In my office the majority of my team are book lovers and we have serious problems with getting rid of books so we decided that the only way that we could get around our partners telling us off for our book hoarding was to create a book swap shelf in work. From that shelf this is my first read and I gotta say, I was excited.

First things first, all the accolades on the back of this book are true!

At the start of this novel, the author introduces us to a lot of different characters within a short
Rowena Hoseason
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This atmospheric debut novel is far smarter and more subtle than its slightly clumsy cover title and marketing blurb suggest. I almost left it on the shelf – put off by the suggestion of a serial killer preying on kiddies on international air-flights. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt and was rewarded with a well-plotted, mature and intelligent thriller.

ITA introduces a police investigative team with the emphasis on the lead duo. This pair shares many similarities with Saga and Martin from
Hannah
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mia might just be my favourite detective! This book is fast moving and gripping. It includes psychological problems, coming to grips with depression and professional failure, a cult, child neglect and a mass murderer. He book is packed with twists! It's a riveting Nordic Noir and I absolutely loved it!

the book was at times quite fast-paced, at times quite slow and detailed in the insight it provided into the characters' lives. The reader gets to know the characters' inner lives intimately, such
Linda
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
4.5*

I Travel Alone is a compelling thriller that makes you wanna read and read and read without stopping.
It was written in short chapters, each with different characters. But even though there were so many characters, they were still well written, and didn't lack character development at all. Because of the short chapters it's very easy to read.
The story was great too; those dark murders, Mia (the depressed detective), the Christian 'cult', and the boys in the forest...
Only downside was that it
Crime by the Book
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TEARS down my face because of the ending of this book. So fantastic!!! This is such a strong novel. Rich, complex plot, well-developed characters, super compelling and suspenseful case. LOVE this read!! Full review to come on crimebythebook.com - highly recommend this one!
Vilma Iris
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Fast paced, compelling and addictive. A great thriller.
Thriller fans: Jaartrilogie 1: Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #1 38 43 Jan 19, 2019 12:16PM
Club de lectura p...: This topic has been closed to new comments. [MAY/JUL 2018] Viajo sola 21 73 Jul 19, 2018 03:14PM
I'm Traveling Alone (Buddy Read) 15 34 Feb 23, 2018 06:38PM
Books Ever After: Readalong 20 tot 30 januari - Ik reis alleen 106 82 Feb 07, 2017 02:55PM

• Victim Without a Face (Fabian Risk, #1)
  • The Chestnut Man
  • Negen (Fabian Risk, #0)
  • Eeny Meeny (Helen Grace, #1)
  • Pop Goes the Weasel (Helen Grace, #2)
  • Lazarus (Joona Linna, #7)
  • Spring Tide (Rönning & Stilton, #1)
  • The Doll's House (Helen Grace, #3)
  • Sogið (Children's House, #2)
  • DNA (Children's House, #1)
  • The Ice Beneath Her
  • Aflausn (Children's House, #3)
  • Stalker (Joona Linna, #5)
  • The Hypnotist (Joona Linna, #1)
  • Kaninjägaren (Joona Linna, #6)
  • Ragdoll (Fawkes and Baxter, #1)
  • House of Correction
  • Knife (Harry Hole, #12)
Samuel Bjørk is the pen name of Norwegian novelist, playwright and singer/songwriter Frode Sander Øien.

Bjørk’s first installment in the Mia and Munch Series, I’m Traveling Alone, is an international success story that has gained critical acclaim and captivated readers all over the world, including hitting #1 on German newspaper Der Spiegel‘s bestseller list.

Samuel Bjørk has been compared to the li

Holger Munch & Mia Kruger (3 books)
  • Uglen (Holger Munch og Mia Kruger #2)
  • Gutten som elsket rådyr (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #3)