Start by marking “The Healing Power of Sugar (The Ghost Bird, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Healing Power of Sugar (The Ghost Bird, #9)

The Healing Power of Sugar

(The Ghost Bird #9)

From USA TODAY Bestselling Author, C. L. Stone, read The Healing Power of Sugar, the ninth book in The Academy Ghost Bird Series.

It’s been a week since Sang has attended any classes at Ashley Waters, and since then, everything has changed. Her school schedule has been turned upside down, and now, thanks to her absences, the school counselor, Ms. Wright, has suspended her.
Published November 24th 2015 by Arcato Publishing

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
This is starting to get intense. Who's dying to read more Ghost Bird books? Me. Definitely ME!

description

I want it NOW!!! So addicted to the series!

CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT!!! I WANT ALL THE ACADEMY BOYS

description

P.S.: I laughed SO hard with the first chapter of this book. Best moment ever between North, Sang and Luke. Still laughing!
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
First of all...

I came out of my dungeon to talk about this book. Once again, I read it all in one day and I regret nothing. This series can pull any fangirl out of exile, even if it is just to rant about how nOTHING EVER FUCKING HAPPENS IN THIS SERIES.

This was Luke's book and I'm so glad that we got to spend a little bit more time with him. I always thought that his character was terribly underdeveloped, outshined by his sexy brother and all of the other charismatic fellas in the group. But he i
Sam
*exhaling deep sigh of frustration*

Ok, What is the DEAL!?
This is book NINE!
What happened in this book? Nothing, I tell you!
Following the time span of our author- she has written 9 books in the series that have taken place over approx. 6 months for these characters. If we are waiting for Sang to "grow-up" to get freaky with all her boyfriends- it will be on book 58 and I will be about 95 years old. The math doesn't work.
I appreciate her being "realistic" (hahaha- that is so funny because NOTHIN
RH Reader
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Healing Power of Sugar

description

Okay, C.L., I'm ready. Now where's my Luke book?

description

I don't think I've ever been more prepared for a book to come out.
Leah Rhodes
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Honestly... I just want to curl up in a ball and cry until the next book is out. Yep, this series has officially made it where I'm clinically depressed unless I'm reading it. <3 (Hidden Heart)... sorry, couldn't help myself, but come on you can't tell me you didn't see that coming.
Sage Elizabeth
5 ‘Guilty Pleasure’ Stars!
************
7.5.) Touch of Mischief ★★★★
8.) The Other Side of Envy ★★★★★
Arin
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ah C.L Stone continues her crusade of amazing stories with awesome characters.
Margaret Brunton
Honestly, I have a love hate relationship with this book. The writing is great but needs better editing. The characters are nice and different which I love, but Sang needs to start growing a backbone. I dislike that North is always pushing her around and she does nothing about it. I get that she lived in a somewhat recluse house but she still got to go to school which would still teach her some things about the outside world. I just hate that she seems to not know anything. She wasn't trapped in ...more
Taryn
Let's talk about how nothing happened in this installment of the Ghost Bird series. No, seriously, nothing happened. Sang went on a date with Luke. Sang went to a neighbourhood Thanksgiving. Sang went Black Friday shopping. Sang got sick. This series moves at a snail's pace, except I think a snail might be faster.

This was Luke's book, except, much like Gabriel's book, there wasn't a lot of Luke with Sang, it was mostly Sang fretting over Luke's behaviour while he did a lot of behind the scenes s
Michelle Bolanger
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Ghost Bird Series by C.L. Stone is clean YA, but I must caution everyone it involves a very inappropriate situation and an even more inappropriate solution to the situation.

There are 9 guys. 7 in high school - Kota, North, Nathan, Gabriel, Victor, Luke, and Silas. And two barely legal leaders of the team, Owen Blackburn and Dr. Sean Green.

Then there is Sang Sorenson, a sixteen year old girl with serious family abandonment issues as the main female character.

Get the idea where this might be g
Mita
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
A good book to add into the series but i'm a tad disappointed. With this book being about Luke, there was no surprise for the anticipation, but unfortunately, for this reader, it fell a little short.
That being said, it is still good and worth a recommend.
enjoy.
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
Reread 12/17/16

Rating 4.75 stars
Omgoodness. This one had my stomach in knots a few times.

Now is it July yet???
JadeShea
ARC

The Healing Power of Sugar begins with Sang and the gang getting ready for Thanksgiving and going back to school. Things haven't been easy for them, and when Luke starts acting weird Sang isn't sure good things are happening. Sang is the one that decides she must talk to Luke to figure out what's going on with him. But when other things start happening it ends up not at all turning out how she thought it would. The gang must try to come together fix the mess they are in before it is too late.
Arlene Mauricio
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rh
Does anyone know who's book this is going to be? I really hope it's Sean's or Owen's. Please please please!!!!
Maria Elisa Flores
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm more ready for this book than a 9 month pregnant lady about to go on labor.
Haley
Jun 28, 2015 added it
I don't know how I'm gonna last until the next book! Ugh! This series is so addictive. At Least the wait is only a few more months.
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Volto starts leaving more masks around just as Luke starts acting strange. Luke is a prankster, but could he be Volto? Sang is tasked with spending more time with Luke to find out what is going on. Her time with him leads to an interesting new pet and some more kissing. Things at school are still getting crazier with Principal Hendricks and McCoy trying to figure out what the Academy boys are up to and vice versa. In the end, it is Volto who suggests what part of their plan might be.

I love all t
Kaila Fitz
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I want to cry.

This series is one of the most unique I've ever come across with it's gripping story full of twists and mystery as well as its complexity of characters.

9 books in, and I'm starting to waver, as the fear goes with a series as drawn out as this.

The same questions are being asked over and over. The plot isn't being advanced enough to make it interesting.

Essentially, no progress has been actually made in this book. Just more questions and new people, which is all fine but I feel in br
Mary Sebastijanovic
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really don't know where these books are going but in my head it all leads to to one big very not PG predicament. I have no idea how does she plan to stay in YA section for the next 11 books. Things are still very slow. And is taking forever to get to all the first kisses (well all nine of them) but if Sang is not thinking of them everybody else is.

She is still a child about her behavior. Thinks and acts like my 7 years old and shaves her finger in her mouth every time she is uncomfortable. No
Sakina
Nov 01, 2015 added it
I don't usual write reviews for books unless they made me feel either intense hatred or pleasure. For this book I'm going to have to say I didn't feel it at all.

I just read in another review that there's meant to be 20 books from the series!!!!!!!! 20!? Just wow.

I'm already fed up with this. Who is volto? The whole issue with Mr. Hendrix needs to be concluded asap. I fell in love with the first 6 books. Honestly, i read them all in a week. But after a while it just got on my nerves. I know San
Liz
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
I haven't reviewed the previous 8 books in this series. I remember liking the first book and the second one... and then I got caught in this series because author obviously has a good knack for creating more questons and never really answering them. It's meant to keep me as a reader interested... but...
I have to say, the 9th book dragged and didn't have anything significant happening. I was frustrated that we still didn't find out who Volto is and to get this Mr Hendricks drama bagged. It's jus
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
Oh, I LOVED getting to know Luke in this one! I was a little worried with where Sang's thought process was going in regards to him, but everything was so worth it. I'm looking forward to seeing how Luke's involvement in the plan will help. What he was talking about doing at the end sounded PERFECT. Love. Him.

I think next up is Kota? He's been growing on me, so I'm interested to see where he stands at the end of the next book. And it looks like they're finally going to address Sang's fear of show
Kelly
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I expected more from this book so I'm a little disappointed even if I loved the first chapter, I felt like the following ones weren't as good. I want Sang to be stronger and that she stops being manipulated so easily by other people. I'm still looking forward to the next book.
Madelyn
May 24, 2015 marked it as to-read
Weekizzeh
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Completely in love with Sean Green I hope it's his book! Yaaaas! October can't come quick enough
Everythingat1once
Sep 10, 2015 marked it as to-read
WTF is wrong with me? This book has been out for a month and I STILL haven't read it, stupid book slumps! (and yes, my slump is coming back)
Iman
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
♡ Booklish ⛈ ☔Feelings ♡
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rh
This series is getting lame with every book . Sang is nothing but a spineless girl who need protection on every step . She feels comfortable with 9 guys but can't talk to a girl easily . It's the ninth book but only couple of months have passed . I think i am reading this book just for Mr. Blackbourne , Dr. Green and Kota ❤

I started to hate Sang who can't even choose her clothes or can't have her opinion on simple matter like she wants to pierce her ears or not .

This series is developing on sn
Andrea Dillon
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well crap, I was hoping to start hating these by now but nope....all the problems I had are cleared up and it is getting interesting. I'm stuck now...onward to the next
Kimberly Boxley
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't stop

Once you start reading hard ro stop turning pages. Leaves you wanting more so you have to get the next book in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Pyxis (The Stardust Series, #3)
  • Splitting Seconds (Songbird Series #2)
  • Lords of the Underworld Collection 1: The Darkest Night / The Darkest Kiss / The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld, #1-3)
  • Brokenly Found (Faith, #2)
  • Crashing Into Destiny (Wings of Artemis, #3)
  • She's One of the Boys
  • Domesticated
  • Spearwood (Spearwood, #1.5)
  • When To Fear The Living (The Veil Diaries, #3)
  • Eden High: Book 6 (Eden High #6)
  • Broken Trouble (Broken Storm #1)
  • Finding My Pack (My Pack, #1)
  • Jaden (Jaded, #3)
  • She's Bad News
C. L. Stone likes :chocolate_bar: and #findingburiedtreasure. Her books are about :revolving_hearts: and @dark_themes and #chocolatechippancakes.

If lots of book boyfriends scare you...run. Run now.

The Ghost Bird (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Introductions (The Ghost Bird, #1)
  • First Days (The Ghost Bird, #2)
  • Friends vs. Family (The Ghost Bird, #3)
  • Forgiveness and Permission (The Ghost Bird, #4)
  • Drop of Doubt (The Ghost Bird, #5)
  • Push and Shove (The Ghost Bird, #6)
  • House of Korba (The Ghost Bird, #7)
  • The Other Side of Envy (The Ghost Bird, #8)
  • First Kiss (The Ghost Bird, #10)
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
“I don’t think I’ve ever been so bored…” 2 likes