Start by marking “Locked (Famous in Love #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Locked (Famous in Love #0.5)

Locked

(Famous in Love 0.5)

It had always been the three of us, and then it was the two of us-Ed and August. There was not, nor had there ever been a chance of a Noah and August. And that was fine. Because the truth was I had known Noah forever but I still had no idea who he really was. Especially not now.

August had the two best guy friends a girl could ask for in Noah and Ed. Then Ed confessed he f
Published August 19th 2014 by Poppy Books

To ask other readers questions about Locked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Locked

Trina (Between Chapters)
Attempted in April 2017. DNFed at 36%.

This is a short novella and I still couldn't make it through. Locked is a companion to Famous in Love. The main series is about a girl landing the lead role in the movie adaptation of a bestselling YA book series called Locked, so this is Rebecca Serle's version of that fictional book.

When I read Famous in Love, it made me so curious about Locked and I wanted to read the full version of it, but unfortunately the real thing just isn't as good as the recaps of
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Perfect length for a cuppa.

After reading Famous in Love, I expected a lot more from this, so I was quite disappointed.

It was like everything that was bigged up in the book just wasn't there.

But it was quite clever, have the book featured in the book out there so you could read it. It was just a shame that it didn't live up to what was written about it.
Cristina
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh God... this story has been so sad! Poor Noah and August.
I wished for a different ending. I was afraid of that ending and I was right. I don’t agree with it. All that sacrifice. And for what?
Jen
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought I would just read a few pages before bed but this little story sucked me in and I couldn't stop reading it until I finished. AT 1:30 IN THE MORNING BECAUSE WHO NEEDS SLEEP ANYWAY RIGHT?!

If LOCKED were a T.V. show it would be my new guilty pleasure. It's got a little something for everyone, magic, mystery, fun, and FEELINGS and OH MY ISLAND, I NEED MORE AUGUST, NOAH AND ED IN MY LIFE!
S.F. Mazhar
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I got this book from Netgallery in exchange for an honest review. SPOILERS AHEAD!

The novel started with a lot of promise, but beyond the first chapter, it failed to captivate. Descriptions felt overly done and a little clichéd, yet at some points it seemed not enough was explained about the characters emotional turmoil.

The characters, especially August, failed to connect with me as the reader. There was no emotional pull to her, and seeing that she's fatally wounded in the second chapter, stran
Liza Wiemer
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Received an e-book copy through Little Brown (Poppy!) Thanks!

One girl. Two boys. All great friends. Girl dates boy 1 and loves him. Feels a connection with boy 2, who seems to avoid her at every turn . . ..

Meet Ed. He's an awesome guy. Kind, thoughtful, sympathetic, sensitive, and madly in love August.
Meet August. She loves Ed, but wants some space. Her need for space, her need to go out on her own and not be at the same college with Ed, creates a rift between them.
Meet Noah. He's the best frie
Abbie
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.)

August and Noah were both okay characters, but i didn't love them.
I didn't really like their romance either.

The pacing was alright, but i'm glad this was only a short read, because it would have started to drag if it was any longer.

Overall, An okay short story.
Shannon Gallagher
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
After just watching Blue Lagoon: The Awakening I really wanted to read a book similar to the movie. The stranded on an island type. I jumped at the chance to read Locked as it was just what I was looking for. Very pretty cover, too.

Locked began as a promising book but after chapter one it fell flat. Straight away I noticed there was a lack in detail. Where we needed details we didn’t get them but there was times where we were given information which was completely irrelevant and didn't contribut
Zuzana
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-genre, favorites
Oh, So this should be an accompanying novella to a main story - FAMOUS IN LOVE. I have read this book couple days ago and wasn't really that impressed. But I have read and reviewed so may as well read the novella which the story mentions so often. I will be honest, this novella is way better than the main story. It's exciting, charged with sexual energy between the characters. But it also helps to explain the struggle and comparison Paige goes through when playing the character and picking betwe ...more
Caroline D. (CarolineReads)
I just finished Famous In Love by Rebecca Serle, so I thought I would check this out. Famous in Love covers the actors of the movie based on this book, and I thought it would be cool to see what the movie is about. It was okay, but I don't see why this book is a teenage obsession and a blockbuster movie hit in Famous in Love. The love triangle was basic, and the plot was kind of underwhelming. Also, a big part of the book is them crashing on an island near Seattle, and the book covers a Native A ...more
Kit Meads
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
J.
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this, way more than I usually enjoy spinoff short stories associated with novels and series--probably because this one is actually the novel within Famous in Love. I want more! So, yes, sometimes it's cheesy and it's a bit exaggerated, but--it was still really fun, and I like Noah and August together a lot. It was also fun imagining Paige and Rainer playing their characters, and since I've seen a little bit of the show (though I unfortunately don't love it), imagining Bella ...more
Jordan (The Heart of a Book Blogger)
This review and more can be found at The Heart of a Book Blogger.

Locked is a companion novella to the Famous in Love series. Famous in Love is about a girl who lands the leading role in the latest YA book adaption to hit Hollywood. Locked is that book. I appreciated the backstory this provided novella provided to the story. It was such a fun idea for the author to actually write the “book” that was being adapted on the big screen. However, there really wasn’t too much to the actual story.
Madi (TheBookNerdDiaries)
2.5

I have a love-hate relationship with this book. I don't 100% hate it and it was interesting at a few points but so much of it was really weird and off-putting to me. I expected some romance that would develop and maybe the magic would be some sort of Harry Potter-ish thing but what I got was not really any of that. I got some weird romance between two teenagers that had them (view spoiler) after what felt like 4 or 5 days while the female character still had a boyf
Ammie
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable snippet of a story

I liked the book because it was an enjoyable read. There were a few mispellings, but not enough to really distract from the pace of the story. It seemed to need a little more story in it.
✩⋆ Victoria ⋆✩
This was way too short. The fact it's a prequel based off the story described in famous in love does not aid at all in this short novella. There's barely any character development so it was really hard to connect or understand any of the characters actions. It also felt super rushed.
Jadine
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to read this after reading Famous In Love. I was disappointed by this. I guess I was expecting more.
Renae
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
ok the book and the tv show made it sound like this book is amazing and the next twilight but i was very disappointed and it was not worth the read
Becky
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted more!

I loved this, but I'm wondering if there's a second book? If so, I will gladly purchase it. Noah and August are amazing!
Sarah McMullan
May 25, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: idiot-box-books
So bad. It’s a teeny tiny novella and l just couldn’t finish it.
Why? Because l’m worth so much more.

(In my mind everyone involved died in a fiery plane crash.)
Tabitha Lucich
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Book

Great book to read. Could not put it down. Great ending. Love to read more. Go team August and Noah.
Mehsi
3.5 stars. I decided to read this book because I just finished Famous in Love, and I was curious about this book.

Sadly though, it didn't seem like it matched the movie that was mentioned in there. And sure, I could have seen it coming, they talk about it having 3 books in the Famous in Love book, but this one is only ~90 pages. I can honestly say though, that I would probably not have cared for the book if it had been longer. I can't imagine it being fun to read about 2 people on an island for 3
Lauren R.
This was straight up ridiculous. I decided to read this quickly today just because I read Famous In Love and was a bit curious. I have very mixed feelings on the series in general, but wanted to give this a shot. Famous in Love is about a girl who becomes a movie star, when a popular book series is turned into films. This book, Locked, IS that book.

I'm not going to write a full review, because why bother, but here are my highlights. Moderately spoilery, but this is a 92 page novella, and you pro
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the big story being made into a movie in the main book? I wouldn't see it.
Thanks to Netgalley for this free Ebook!

When their plane crashes in the ocean August and her guy friend Noah are stranded on an island in the middle of nowhere. August is severely wounded, until she realises that Noah has the power to heal her.... Not only that but August begins to admit her feelings towards Noah, despite her already having a boyfriend.....

I did not enjoy this book as I do not enjoy reading about love triangles. They do not interest me and I often find it difficult to sympathis
Heather A
I received a copy from Netgalley.

A good quick read. This was a bit of cover lust for me, that bright pink cover caught my eye immediately. After skimming through the blurb I my first thoughts were ooh, this sounds like 'Blue Lagoon' meets 'Lost'.

It was a lot shorter than I realized, but it still worked quite well for me. I liked it. While it no Lost vibe whatsoever in the end, I did get a Blue Lagoony sense, even though it was its own story. The main character, August, was not the most likeable
Mandy
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on BookWorm.

I said I'd read it! It's actually a really nice, sweet novella, and having read Famous in Love definitely added a certain edge to it, since I felt like I already knew the characters.
I like that in Famous, we never do find out for sure the ending to Locked, so in a way it was still a surprise, even though I guessed by what Paige said at the end. And that's a point: I get what Paige meant at the end of Famous in Love now. Which is both good and really, quite sad.
I rea
Esther
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
The one word I can used to describe this book is disappointment. The book was written well, included characters which obviously had complex backgrounds, and the plot had potential to be gripping as it is very original. However, the author seemingly does nothing to fully utilise the aspects that she has working in her favour. It is as if it took so long and too much effort to plan the story that she could not be bothered to properly write the story.
The book had so much potential at the start and
Ceri
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
I don’t know whether I didn’t like it that much because I sort of forced myself to read it in one go, but yh it just wasn’t that great. The whole tribe thing on the island bored me. No offence but I don’t really care about catching fish and stuff.
Noah and August’s relationship was going nowhere as well. I wish there was more writing about Noah and August and it would be better if it was developed fluidly. I felt like random bits of their relationship was shoved on the pages. To be honest it fel
Suzy
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I read this after reading Famous In Love from finding out that this was the supposed book the movies they characters are making a movie series about.

It began with a lot of promise and interesting elements. Slight paranormal element to it with the magical island. The most disappointing thing was August and Noah's romance. From the Famous in Love book, August and Noah's relationship is spoken about as this amazing, magical, one in a life-time connection, of such magnitude nothing can keep them apa
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Untitled (Famous in Love, #3)
  • The Last Thing
  • Days Like This
  • Before He Was Gone (Starstruck, #2)
  • Crisis in Cali (Great Exploitations, #5)
  • Crossing the Ice (Ice #1)
  • Under My Skin (Immortality Strain, #1)
  • A Sadness Within
  • Getting Off
  • Edge of Falling (Falling #2)
  • One Wish Away
  • Hard to Kill (Hard Targets, #1)
  • Grace and the Guiltless
  • Lambs Can Always Become Lions (Until Lambs Become Lions, #1)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Intimate Whispers (The Love and Danger Series #4)
  • Had To Be You
  • All of Me (All of Me #1)
Parker Witter is a pseudonym for author Rebecca Serle.

Parker Witter is the author of the Locked series in Serle's Famous in Love series.

Famous in Love (3 books)
  • Famous in Love (Famous in Love, #1)
  • Truly, Madly, Famously (Famous in Love, #2)
  • Untitled (Famous in Love, #3)