Start by marking “For the Record (Record, #3)” as Want to Read:
For the Record (Record, #3)

For the Record

(Record #3)

With Congressman Brady Maxwell up for reelection and journalist Liz Dougherty about to graduate into a promising career, the ambitious couple’s future is brighter than ever. They share a passion for their work…and for each other. But when Brady holds a press conference to officially introduce Liz as his girlfriend, reporters hungry for a scandal bombard her. Now, her every ...more
Published November 18th 2014 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about For the Record, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Record

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo LindeRecord3TitebySueBee_zps42685534.jpg
 photo OTR3 cover xBT by sb_zpspnwhgail.gif
 photo OTR3 story xB by sb_zpsluqxgnqk.gif
★★★★★! For The Record, book 3 of 3. The conclusion to Brady Maxwell III & Liz’s against-all-odd whirlwind saga mixing US politics, clandestine affairs & much more!

“Tonight when I have you all alone, I’m going to remind you exactly what happened the night you brought a Senator to his knees.”

Books in The Record Series should be read in order:

Christy
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 AIRPLANES, BABY stars!

photo 0b80f24a-3094-4a90-9e1c-7533b9611175_zps19f7850d.jpg
“I seem to be a game changer.”

“Understatement. You’re more than the game changer. You’re the game and the team and the league and the whole universe of sports wrapped up not one neat little package.”

I am the happiest reader right now. I have the biggest smile on my face. Why you ask? Because the ending of this fantastic series was PERFECTION. I cannot get enough of Brady Maxwell.

Brady and Liz have been through a lot. Secret relationships, being apart, getting back
Candace
In this third book in the series, Brady and Liz are back on again. Thrust into the public eye at the end of 'On the Record', they are faced with a media frenzy. After so much time apart, they try to rebuild their relationship while trying to quell the negative headlines.

Once again, I found myself a bit irritated with Brady. Don't get me wrong, he definitely made some positive changes in regards to how he treated Liz. It seems that he did learn a little something during their separation.

Nonethele
Beverly
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LIVE http://www.amazon.com/Record-Book-3-e...

One of my favorite books this year - highly recommend!

5 I’ll always be your airplane…Stars

Reading this I had so many mixed emotions. Here is why - I was finally getting more of Brady, but then comes the reality that it’s over. I have absolutely loved reading about Liz and Brady’s journey. From meeting at that press conference a year and half ago, to deciding to have a secret fuck-buddy type relationship, to falling to in love, Liz leaving Brady to sa
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
LIVE...

5descriptionAIRPLANES BABYdescription Stars

”Love blooms in the most unlikely places. It flourishes in the most difficult circumstances. And it lasts despite all the reasons it shouldn’t.”

description

I just LOVE that Brady Maxwell!! What a great ending to this series, I’m still chanting Max-well Max-well, Max-well.

The drama in this book is moderate considering anything can happen in a K.A. Linde story. The couple did however face obstacles but nothing over the top and I happily r
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
If you've kept up with the series, you know that Brady and Liz are back together and ready to face things head on standing side by side...finally.

I was happy with this final installment of the series. I loved how unstoppable Brady was and how he wasn't going to let anything come between them ever again!

I thought Liz handled things really well. Sure, she made some mistakes but she learned from them and moved forward. She had some rough moments but she was determined as well.

The steaminess betw
S.M. West
5 “Airplanes, baby” STARS

“I’ll always be your airplane.”
That’s right. Airplanes, baby.”

This final book in Congressman Brady Maxwell and Liz Doughtery’s relationship was AMAZING!

I’m a self-professed Brady-lover and let me tell you, Congressman Maxwell was in rare form in this book.

photo FTR2_zpsb83acebc.jpg

Hot, sexy, commanding, sweet and downright dirty. Thank you Ms. Linde! I was in pure Brady heaven!!!

Liz and Brady are finally together and out in the open, under the glaring scrutiny and lights of the media

Whil
Claire Contreras
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"They say the measure of a man is what he does with his power. I've come to find that I have no power without you."

Oh, Brady <3.

I loved the conclusion to this series!
Anna
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Perfect ending to a great series !!! Brady was perfect in this one !!!
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 I’m Voting for Maxwell Stars

I was really surprised with For the Record. K.A. Linde is known for major angsty books. I feel like I’ve been on this up and down roller coast from Off the Record, but For the Record is not filled with hair pulling out scenes. It’s actually very adorable and will leave you smiling.

I have some reservations with Brady, I guess I can’t get over the whole hiding Liz and being away from her for a year kind of thing (even if it was Liz breaking up with him).

I feel like Fo
Michelle
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Brady & Liz can no longer deny their feelings and after the article exposing their relationship was published, there’s no hiding their relationship. Although this love started years ago, these two have just a few weeks under their belt as a couple when they have to face not only the public scrutiny, his re-election and what this will mean for her career. But one thing is known for certain. It’s all worth it.

Brady stole my heart and won my vote easily throughout this series. KA knows how to d
Yomi M.
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating Clarification: 4.5 stars

This is only of those times when I wish goodreads had 1/2 stars rating. I think in this book we were able to see Liz grow and I was so glad that she wasn't as indecisive as she was in the second book. I was also so happy that we got so much more Brady in this book he was honestly my favorite character, he couldn't be any more perfect. I think my favorite part of this book was the epilogue, it was so sweet. However, the I would have liked to see what happened with (
Jacqueline
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
4.5 Stars.
"I'll always be your airplane."

I have loved this series right from 'Off the Record', but excited as I was to get my hands on this third and final part of the story, my excitement was tempered by the prospect of no more Brady.

Ahhh, Brady...a man with power, influence, charisma who's also hot, gawjus and romantic fuels my little book inspired fantasies very nicely indeed, but I digress.

Much as I adored reading the second book, 'On the Record', I have to admit it was a little light on Br
Duchess Nicole
The final installment to the Record series has finally come, and Brady and Liz's heartache is over!

One thing I loved about this series is how the timeline spans years...and so much happens. Often I think authors don't give enough space for the couple to live their life outside of the angsty romance, and that does a disservice to the story. But as we all know, Liz and Brady definitely got to live their separate lives for awhile! Not that I particularly loved reading about that part, but it was a
Zairobe25
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
Amo a Brady forever. Esta serie me atrapo desde el libro 1; me pegue un maratón leyéndola completa de un tirón, me encanto.
Me dejo con una super resaca, no me cansaría de leer mas de ellos.
Leslie
 photo 950F252B-A107-4BDF-B213-E7553AB398CC_1.png

OMG!! I have fallen deeply madly in LOVE with Brady Maxwell!

This review is basically for the whole series.

photo E2BBEB7E-AA72-4EF0-A6B3-435E7A8233C1.png

I will say I've had this on my to read list for months. For some reason it just never called to me. I bought it on audio cause it was on sale on Audibel.com for $4.95. I just have to say that it was the most well spent $5 bucks I've spent in a long while! So well in fact, I went right away and bought the next two books. I will also tell you the narrator was FABULOUS!

I never thought a stor
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Definitely the best book in the series!! I'm so happy with how things ended for Brady and Liz! I definite3ly hope that Savannah & maybe even Hayden will get their own stories. I'm so intrigued to read Clay's book. I have a weakness for the black sheep of the family ;)
Mallory
4 stars

This was much better than I was anticipating. While there's still angsty drama that is often unnecessary, K.A. Linde's writing has certainly matured. I'm glad I stuck around for the conclusion, because the HEA was much appreciated :)
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)
Click on the banner to read my review on my blog.

I can add another series to my list of "Series I Want to Finish in 2015" list. I read books one and two in this series (Off the Record & On the Record) last year, but I didn't have time to get to this book before 2014 the end of 2014. I really enjoyed Off the Record, but the last two books in the series didn't keep me interested. For the Record had some good moments, but overall I was really bored with it.

This short review may contain spoiler
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!! As you can see, what started as reading an old book off my kindle turned into reading a whole trilogy in one and half days!! Why had I not read this series earlier? 1click fingers get trigger happy and many great books are lost in a list until one day you just flick the pages and click on them.

Brady Maxwell has kept me entertained for so many hours and has caused me to lose practically two nights sleep, reading until the kindle hit me in the face twice...but I reached the end at 3am
Margie
ARC RECEIVED IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.

5 STARS

I LOVE Brady Maxwell. And he just keeps on getting better in each book. I'm SO sad this series is all over with but what a superb ending. This book picks up not too long after 'On the Record' ended. Brady gave suuuch thought provoking speeches when they were about Liz in this book. I swooned. It was great.

Liz had a lot of growth in this book as well. There was one particular scene where I thought she was going to do something that made Brad
Reanell Tisdale
5 'I give you the stars' stars!

Brady Maxwell. Brady fucking Maxwell. I'm so sad this series is over, but so happy at how it ended. K.A. Linde is an automatic 1-click author for me. Every book she has written I have read and LOVED! But I have a special place in my heart for Brady. Especially the Brady we meet in For The Record. He's still the same Brady only he's grown as a person. Every word that came out of his mouth was pure gold. Pure perfection. PERFECTION!

I give you the stars. I already h
Taryn

For the Record is K.A. Linde's best writing yet.
Surbhi Das
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads

Their path to togetherness was long and winding filled with numerous obstacles, heart-breaks, misunderstandings, misery, passion, and sacrifices but Liz and Brady made it to the end. Their love for each other prevailed against all odds and that what’s make this third book in the series so much better and a compelling read.

Brady an
Tough Critic Book Reviews
My fingers are stuck…

Sometime reviews are hard, but at the same time the whole concept is pretty damn easy. You type how you feel about a book. Simple, right? Wrong. This is one of those time where I'm a little stuck.

I enjoyed this series. Truly. Off the Record left me begging for more, but I would be remiss in saying that I loved the final installment or that it ended as strong as it started. For the Record moved a little too slowly for me. Throughout the story, I thought something was buildin
Nancy Steinle gummel
For the Record by K. A. Linden is a first reads win and I'm giving my honest opinion. Congressman Brady Maxwell of North Carolina is up for re election. He got caught with Liz. Press accused them of a sordid affair. Brady introduces Liz as his girlfriend. Heather, his press secretary is angry with with Liz. Liz's 'friends' released the story of Liz being a home wrecker and being a loose woman. Brady tells Liz not to worry about it. Liz loses her position of editor of the paper. Then her internsh ...more
Stephanie
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am not giving anything away except again K.A.Linde brings me MAX - WELL
MAX - WELL MAX - WELL. I freaking loved this book the whole series I feel so special that I got this last book early. This book is a sad one for me because I am saying goodbye to a characters that I have loved from the very beginning. I will write more of a detailed review once we get closer to the release because I refuse to spoil books for readers. So please go pre order this because you are not going to want to miss out
Jay
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This ARC kindly provided by NetGalley

Absolute perfection! I couldn't have asked for a better way to close the series.

Loved when liz fought back at heather & told her where to go – “why don’t you just shut the fuck up!”

Still love the format of liz's POV with the final chapter in Brady's POV.

And then that epilogue... Gave us everything we needed to know that they lived their HEA, followed their dreams & got what they always dreamed of having.
Juanita
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audios
3.5 I'll always be your airplane stars

Great ending to the conclusion of Brady and Liz. Loved that epilogue!
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • Addicted After All (Addicted, #3)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Avowed (Manipulation Trilogy, Corrupted, #3)
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • Victorious (Quantum, #3)
  • His Ever After (Love Square, #2)
  • The Untouchables (Ruthless People, #2)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
  • Come Alive (The Cityscape, #2)
  • No Longer Weak (Weakness, #3)
  • Remember When 3: The Finale (Remember Trilogy, #3)
  • Reparation (Legal Affairs, #1.5)
  • Reasonable Doubt: Volume 3 (Reasonable Doubt, #3)
  • Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika #3)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy n ...more

Record (5 books)
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Struck from the Record (Record, #4)
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
“The lowest lows bring the highest highs. And when you find someone who brings you both, that doesn’t mean you should walk away; it means you have something special.” 9 likes
“The lowest lows bring the highest highs.” 4 likes