Start by marking “Struck from the Record (Record, #4)” as Want to Read:
Struck from the Record (Record, #4)

Struck from the Record

(Record #4)

Clay Maxwell is a smart, quick witted, sex-driven, manwhore with the good looks to match. Plenty of women have shared his bed, but only one has ever been constant, Andrea.

Their rules were simple. When they’re together, it’s just the two of them. When they’re apart, anything is fair game. And it worked. For ten years.

But one of them has changed the game…

Clay must decide if
Published June 7th 2016 by K.A. Linde Inc.

Candace
Yet again, I find myself a bit disappointed in a "spin-off" book about the brother of one of my favorite leading males. This is the second time in just a week or two that I've found myself in this predicament, so I should probably steer clear of this type of story for awhile.

'Struck from the Record' tells the story of Clay, Brady's younger brother. In previous books, he was the rambunctious, wild-card brother that I found endearing in his own way. I had looked forward to his story and really ex
Christy
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

photo BA8616F3-C20D-49AD-9323-578C19141731_zpswdl8pdul.jpg

I’ve read all of K.A. Linde’s books, and her Record series is by far my favorite. When I first met Clay Maxwell in his brother Brady’s books, I didn’t know what to make of him. All I knew is that I wanted more! I was so excited to get my hands on Clay’s book. It exceeded my expectations. I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did the previous books in this series because no one could top Brady Maxwell, but I loved Clay’s book just as much!

Clay Maxwell is his own man. He does what
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

He didn’t even remember what a time in his life before Andrea was like. He’d been a kid. She was his entire adult life. She was the girl at every event. She was the girl he would come home to. Without her, what the hell am I supposed to do?

photo 6408435cfeaf786d37a4ba511e378dbf_zpspmz6tkre.jpg

Die-hard K.A. Linde fans are going to really enjoy this one! She always delivers the kind of gut-wrenching angst that I crave for in my romance stories. I actually only read book one in this series and I’
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 STARS

”Why change when things are good?”

description

Fans of the series were so intrigued with Clay Maxwell who is the jealous and resentful brother of the political powerhouse Brady Maxwell that the author gifted us his story. Clay is very flirtatious and witty character. When it comes to women he’s a manwhore through and through. However it seems that he has some sort of open relationship with Andrea Billings from what a reader gathers from the previous books in the series that centers around his broth
Sarah Toussaint
Oct 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
I discovered rather too late while reading, that this horrible book is part of a series and it was too late to discontinue and start from the beginning.

So, as much as it pained me to have finished this hellish book, I did, on the count that I'm kind of OCD about starting things and not finishing them. Especially books.

Books usually fall under three categories for me:

1- I LOVE this book and would totally read it later over and over again!

2- This shit is dull, I fell asleep a hundred times while
Beverly
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you met the Maxwells? Well if you haven’t you need to, ASAP. The Record series is one of my favorite series. I fell head over heels in love with Brady Maxwell and was always intrigued by Clay Maxwell. Clay is the wild, say what he wants, younger brother.

When Kyla mentioned this book was coming I was so freaking excited to read Clay’s book and immediately thought who is his love interest could be. I knew he was with Andrea, sort of, but didn’t understand their relationship.

Andrea and Clay
NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm extremely disappointed in this book! The first half was going great, and then BAM! I felt like we started the extended epilogue of the record trilogy instead of a book about our mcs. The book seemed to have lost focus, and it frankly became boring IMO. I was in the mood for some angsty goodness (like K.A. Linde is good at), but sadly is just didn't hit the mark. Also, this is probably not safe for my safety gals! It had a ton of potential for what I was looking for,
Jacqueline's Reads
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Taming Mr. Clay Stars

I’m always nervous when I go into K.A. Linde’s books. She’s the queen of angst and I know I’m going in for a rocky ride, but there’s something about tension, pulling my hair out and epic love stories that just gets me hooked on her stories.

I love the Record series and I was over the moon when I found out she was extending the series. Struck from the Record is a standalone. The first three books are about Liz and Brady. Struck from the Record is Clay’s story, Brady’s litt
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Clay Maxwell is everything I love in a leading man. He's a jerk, he's crass, he's a brooding screwed up womanizer. He's emotionless and rebellious and he says and does all the things that would piss most women off. I won't lie, he pisses me off too, but in the very best ways because his unapologetic behavior only made me hungrier to see his hardened walls crack. Someone has to get in there, someone has to tame the beast, someone has to crack the code that is Clay Maxwell and I devoured Struck Fr ...more
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
I loved so much Clay's book!! I have a weakness for these kind of heroes! I loved Brady, but I felt for Clay as well & his book was definitely amazing! I can't wait for Savannah's now! :)
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
3.5 Stars

Brady's books are definitely better and I'm not a fan of the whole open relationship, playing games trope. But it was still a sweet read:)
Mojo_Mama
2 disappointed snowball stars

DNF'd @ 89%

This just became a different book at 51% and I lost interest.

This is not for the SG Posse. Sorry, Ladies. Sometimes I'm like Icarus and I fly to close to the edge and get burned ;) But I gotta have some angst in some of my reads or I'd choke on all the fluffy bunny fur.

I think the whole open relationship intrigues me because I've known 2 couples in longterm open relationships. In both cases it was the female who tired of the "open" part of their relations
Reanell Tisdale
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 stars!

Everyone has that author that is an auto-1 click. K.A. Linde is that author for me. Her writing just does it for me. Lol, that sounded a little weird right? But I'm being serious. With every new book I read of hers I fall harder and harder for her writing. Struck from the Record was so much more than I expected. I didn't realize we would get so much of Brady and Liz. And Clay....SWOON!

I was intrigued with Clay from the first time I met him in the Record series. He was the cocky, don't gi
Michelle
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clay Maxwell. What am I going to do with you? I need to start off by saying I was not #TeamClay at all. I sort of loathed him throughout the first Record books. I wanted his story, but I was not convinced I would like him at all. I am now convinced. He doesn’t take Jack’s spot, well because I really just don’t think that is possible (EVER). But he did worm his way into my heart and knocked Brady down a peg or two.

From what we’ve learned about Clay in the prior books, he’s a bit of a man-whore,
Anjee
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Struck from the record is the name. Clay Maxwell is the game. That’s right we got to experience our very own Clay! He was hot, sinful, and oh so very talented with Ahem well, let’s not go there alright?

Clay was like a well-kept secret in the Record series. I loved the mystery that surrounded him, and how we get to know his development from the past to present. The author did a great job bringing the A-Game that is Clay Maxwell to life.

We start off with Clay trying to rise to the top of his caree
Grace
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you've read the previous books in this series, featuring Brady and Liz, than you had to feel like me, desperate to learn more about Brady's siblings, Clay and Savannah. Thankful for me and other fans of the series, the author listened, and in this book, we finally learn more about the elusive, Clay Maxwell.

Clay has grown up living in Brady's shadow. Never good enough. Always the other brother. That hurt at a young age, and festered into something bigger with time. As a result, Clay has guard
Jenny
Jun 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF @ 26%

Unfortunately, this was just not working for me. I loved the other books in the series but this one was just too convulated for me. The whole "relationship" between Clay & Andrea (they can sleep with other people as long as at the end of the day they were together) was just distasteful. And both the H and h got under my skin.
Jacqueline
Dnf 45%

I don't like Clay or Andrea and I don't particularly care whether they end up together or not. Even regular appearances from my very favourite Congressman Maxwell isn't enough to keep me reading, I'm not feeling this one.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Struck from the Record (Record #4) by KA Linde
4 stars!!!

“I just decided I couldn’t be me without you.”

For those that have read the first three books in this series will know that Clay Maxwell was the brother of Brady Maxwell whose story was covered in the first three books. Clay Maxwell was always in the background, lurking, he was a character that was intriguing, seemed a jack the lad and was full of resentment for all and everything to do with this brother. Clay Maxwell was an enigma and
1-Click Addict Support Group
I really enjoyed the first three books in the Record series, and was excited to get Clay's story. Clay, the enigmatic and hilarious younger brother of politician Brady Maxwell, has been in an open relationship with his girlfriend, Andrea for ten years. He's a shameless flirt, and a bit of a wild card. Commitment has never been his thing; the open relationship has always been the most he's been able or willing to give.

Then, in almost a blink of the eye, everything changes and Clay must decide if
Anne OK
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
I loved Brady Maxwell so much. He and Liz had a dynamite storyline and they kept me breathless from start to finish. I knew he couldn't be upstaged by his younger brother and bad boy Clay -- and well, I was right. Even so, Clay and Andrea kept me interested and intrigued with their story and I always love a good friends to lovers story. This was an excellent addition to the terrific "Record" series. I'm excited to see what little sis, Savannah, brings to the series next.
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
The struggle was real with this one! I came so close to giving up several times. If you struggle with OW/OM, this isn't the book for you. The H/h didn't technically cheat since they have "an understanding", but it just wasn't my thing. Maybe it's me, but cheating, playing games, and whoring around just isn't sexy or romantic.
Fortunately, it wasn't all bad. Once the couple finally get their sh*t together, it was actually a sweet sexy read. Brady fans will appreciate his appearances in this book.
Yomi M.
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was amazing how much Clay grew as a person throughout the story. I think the story would been more developed if we had had Andrea's point of view. I just felt like a huge chunk of the story was missing without her perspective. I can't wait to read Savannah's story and the drama that will surely ensue.
Nancy The book junkie
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon!
Raj
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you into monogamy & believe in that one true love that binds you to one person than be advised & stay miles away from this book.It follows the convoluted story of one lost soul & one opportunist both who consensually 'cheat' for over a decade.

They have this magnetic obsession that allows them freedom to fuck whomever they please as long as it does not infringe upon their personal time with each other until one of them becomes drastically unhinged & loses the plot entirely resu
Leslie
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
**I enjoyed it but nothing close to as good as Brady :D I kinda feel bad now cause Clay always felt left in Bradys shadow and I'm doing it to him again!! I cry!!! lol but seriously Brady is still hot :D**

This makes me one happy biatch!! happy dance!  photo tumblr_o41hs2KpZS1rzzy9io1_250.gif

photo leonardo-dicaprio-dancing-tuxedo-Wolf-Of-Wall-Street.gif

photo cllinton-grinder.gif

photo 1424980674-giphy.gif
Sandra Cortez
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars was fun to catch up with the Maxwells, it’s been a while and I was long overdue for Clay and his philandering ways. The first 55% or so was angst and all its wonderful glory, Andrea and Clay are what I look for in this author’s angsty style but once the issues resolved I found the new Clay dull and only a shell of his former self. His character changes were rather extreme and I was reading a much different book. Heavy on the cheese and over the top romantic antics. Ultimately I was kin ...more
alyssa
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Struck From The Record was definitely and interesting read for me. I went in without knowing anything about the series. I liked from the beginning. I loved the way he carried himself even if he was a manwhore. Clay was the type of person who knew how to have a good time no matter what he was doing. Clay and Andrea's relationship was very very different and I didn't quite understand it a first but once the story started progressing I started to understand and knew something was going to happen be ...more
Margie
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5- 4 stars.

I loved Clay in the previous 3 books. This one fell a little short for me only because I felt like he changed a little too fast for my tastes. It was for the better, obviously. I also wanted to know more about Andrea. There was one part where Clay is describing how Andrea was obsessed with her weight in college and had to see a counselor for it. I would have liked more of her background. I know it's all from Clay's POV but I wanted to know Andrea. All in all: great writing, good rom
Deeksha
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Liked everything except the ending. I know it was the sort of natural course of things but I found the 'everyone's having children' thing too cliched.
  • Childstar 3 (Childstar, #3)
  • The Junior Bridesmaid
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Seduction and Surrender (Reckless, #2)
  • Right Next Door
  • Into the Blue (Wild Aces, #2)
  • Forever Rockers (The Rocker, #12)
  • Never Say Love (Never Say Never, #1)
  • Kept from You (Tear Asunder, #4)
  • Balancing Pointe (CageVec Security, #2)
  • Some Kind of Perfect (Calloway Sisters, #4.5; Addicted, #3.5)
  • Conflagration (The Wellingtons, #2)
  • Envy (The Seven Deadly, #7)
  • Losing It Series Boxed Set
  • Come Back to Me (Breathe into Me, #2)
  • Epic Love (Epic Fail, #3)
  • Best of Three (Just Everyday Heroes: Night Shift, #3)
  • The Deep
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy n ...more

Record (5 books)
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • For the Record (Record, #3)
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)