Start by marking “If Only (If Only..., #1)” as Want to Read:
If Only (If Only..., #1)

If Only (If Only... #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  556 ratings  ·  134 reviews
Sometimes it takes crossing an ocean to figure out where you belong.

It's been two years since twenty-year-old Jordan had a boyfriend—which means it's been forever since she, well, you know. But now she’s off to spend her junior year in Aberdeen, Scotland, the perfect place to stop waiting for Mr. Right and just enjoy Mr. Right Now.

Sexy, sweet (and possible player) Griffin
Published March 24th 2014 by Entangled

To ask other readers questions about If Only, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If Only

Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverBe with Me by J. LynnUgly Love by Colleen HooverBreakable by Tammara WebberUpside Down by Lia Riley
2014 New Adult releases
27th out of 148 books — 274 voters
Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireReaper's Legacy by Joanna WyldeThe King by J.R. WardUnbeloved by Madeline SheehanTwisted by Emma Chase
2014♥ cant wait!
345th out of 940 books — 2,380 voters

More lists with this book...

It's just me Shelly B
This book absolutely positively DID NOT work for me!!!!!

I feel like I got robbed because that blurb sounded GOOD but the book definitely didn't deliver what the blurb portrayed. I'm a HUGE fan of "triangle cheating angsty" books so when I spotted this book I was like "Hell Yea....OMG I gotta read this soooon!"

So the basis of the story is the girl, Jordan, meets 2 guys on a train, Griffin and Noah. She ends up locked in the "loo"(you'll understand why I put quotes on that later) with Noah and h
Cindi
A Scottish setting with hot guys thrown in the mix? Count me in! I loved the characters in If Only, even the side characters--Elaina & Duncan were so much fun! There were lots of swoony moments & I was having a hard time deciding which guy I liked more. But it wasn't long before I picked sides, and I'm so happy with how it all ended up. Now I think I need a trip to see the setting myself.
Vishous
1.5 because 1 star is for the ones really "special" to my heart

Please read the blurb again.... just bare with me...

What do you see?

TRIANGLE?
CHEATING?
ANGST?
SEX?

PFFFFFTTTTTT.... YEAH RIGHT....

It's all one big delusion!!!!!

*SPOILERS*

I swear it's a conspiracy against me!!!! But I finished.... barely.... last 10% I skimmed... I didn't care anymore, I just wanted to be done. The second I clicked for next page and saw that it's over, I was never happier to see the words "THE END". Because I c
Reanell
I just absolutely loved this book!!!

Full review to come!

This was my first book that I've read by AJ Pine and it won't be the last. I love her writing style, and the way she can write out these amazing characters.

We meet Jordan while she's on a train traveling to Aberdeen University. While on the train, she meets Griffin, who happens to sit down beside her and starts up a conversation. She learns that Griffin is a man-whore. But he's the worst kind of man- whore, he has a heart. He tells her he i
A.J. Pine
Feb 15, 2014 A.J. Pine rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, I wrote it, so it makes sense that I loved it. This is my debut, guys, so this book will always have a special place in my heart. I hope you find some love for it too.
Christina  Torretta
If only!!!

If only I had not cried during half of this!

If only I had not fallen for BOTH guys in this book! ACK

If only this book wouldn't have ended!

If only I hadn't read this book so fast!!

If only A.J. Pine had more books so I could at least feel like I wasn't missing something!

Ohhh... I want to say so much about this book! There's so much to this story and so much happens from the 3/4 point on! I will make sure to not add in spoilers but damn! It's going to be tough to review this one. Seriousl
Lex Martin
I'll tell you now… IF ONLY will charm the pants off you. Seriously, I wish I could jump into Jordan's shoes and take that trip to Aberdeen.

That's where this journey starts. An American student heads off to a study abroad program in Scotland. Sounds dreamy, right? Then add two hot American guys, one girlfriend and a helping of you-really-want-him-but-can't-have-him, and you have a whole lot of awesome.

Meeting the very charming Griffin and the sexy-as-hell Noah on the train set the stage for a wh
Claire Robinson
1 - Only because you were set in Aberdeen Star.

E. M. Forster –
It is not possible to love and to part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: Love is eternal.

I would be lying if I said I enjoyed If Only, the book for the most part was a struggle to get through, there were a couple of times when I heaved a sigh and thought “finally we are getting somewhere”, but no unfortunately t
Angela Sisi
Once I started reading it, I could not stop. I loved the characters, I loved the writing, and I love that it makes me want to read some classic novels that I missed out on when I was younger.

I am amazed that this is A.J. Pine's first novel; her writing is exquisite. I hope there is a second, and maybe, if it happens, it will focus on a certain male character who deserves his own happy ending.

I rarely reread books but I will reread this one so I can fall in love with the characters all over again
Tonya
4 stars
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really really really enjoyed this book. I was surprised that this was a debut novel. I honestly didn't expect much, but I was totally drawn into this story from the beginning. The writing was great and I loved how she weaved classic literature and film into the novel. It was very well done.

I was initially drawn to this book because of the setting: Aberdeen Scotland. Ask any of my friends and you'll learn th
Megan Erickson
This book hit me with all the feels. A.J. has a way of writing that is so relatable. You feel everything the characters do, as if you are right there with them, which is good because you'll want to be in Scotland with Jordan and Noah and Griffin and hilarious Elaina.

I love the tagline because that's exactly what this book is about. Jordan has to take a trip to another continent to find out what and who she wants.

It's a wonderful example of a New Adult, coming-of-age story and that's got a whole
Sabra Gerber
In AJ Pine’s smart, wonderfully written novel, If Only, college student Jordan Brooks heads for a year abroad to Scottland, where she plans to reinvent herself, thanks to loving advice from her best friend Sam, the only one in the world who calls her Brooks.

Throughout the story, I loved Jordan Brooks for her wit, smart dialogue, relationships with friends (and of course boys), but her constant (dire!) need to go to the bathroom kept her so down to earth, and (sadly for me) so relatable -- makin
Gary Anderson
Although romance isn’t exactly my default reading genre, a guy needs to stretch, right? If they’re all as good as A. J. Pine’s If Only, I might dabble in this again. Everything I want in a story is here: likeable characters, humor, a dash of the exotic, and a narration that drives through to a satisfying conclusion.

College student Jordan Brooks, the protagonist of If Only, is beginning a year of study in Scotland. On the train ride to her Aberdeen campus, she makes out with two different guys—o
Natalie
This is one of my favorite New Adult book. Smart, sweet and just saucy enough, I want to keep reading it over and over again.

Can't wait for more AJ Pine books. And can the next one have more Jordan? And Noah? And Griffin?

And more quotes from my favorite books? And more re-enactments of my favorite movie scenes?

And more Scotland? Because Scotland!

WRITE. MORE. BOOKS.

Please.
Lia Riley
Please note: I stopped starring reviews awhile ago. They make me stress, and I like to avoid stress.
Instead I designate this book as: HUG TO YOUR CHEST, SIGH, AND RUSH OFF TO READ E.M FORESTER GOOD.

IF ONLY is a book that left me confused. Not because of the plot or characters, but why, oh, why isn't more New Adult written in this vein?? The closest comp title I can come up with is Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl. Pine clearly loves the english language and takes care to craft her words with love and h
..Cécile..
4.5/5 stars

Looooooooved this one! Review to come closer to the release date.

Sizzling Hot Books
Original review can be found here :) http://wp.me/p3gvf0-uc

I started If Only one morning before I got out of bed. On a school day for my girls might I add. Now, if I had known what I was getting into when I dove into these pages, I probably would’ve NOT started it then. Why, you ask? Because due to the addiction that is Ms. Pine’s writing and story, my children were fifteen minutes late for school. In fact, I’ve got to admit that for the rest of the day and a half I took to read this book, my la
Rachel Harris
Weeks later, and I can't stop thinking about this book. It more than deserves its place on my top ten of 2014...yes, I realize the year isn't even half over. It was just that good. A heroine I could relate with, romance that made me swoon, and real character growth. A.J. Pine has a fan girl in me :)
Ellyn Adkisson
Loved this book from the first page to the last. I loved Noah and Jordan's story. I loved fighting for them! I want more of them and Griffin. The book brought back my own memories of studying abroad and my own personal journey while I was there. The book also made me want to see Scotland. I felt like I was there! Can't wait to read more of this series!
Elissa
I loved it!!!

Jordan is on her way to Aberdeen Scotland where she'll be studying abroad for a year. On her way there, she meets not one but two hot guys. Griffin is serial monogamous who Jordan thinks she should have since her studying abroad is short term she thinks of it as a fantasy. Noah is English major who after an amazing fallen with Jordan leaves a lasting impression.
Jordan has to deal with her feelings and figuring out who she wants to be and who she wants to end up with as well. This s
Maria Rose
A.J. Pine may be a newcomer to the world of new adult novels but she is definitely not an amateur as this wonderful emotional love story shows.

This is the tale of Jordan, a college student travelling to Scotland for a school year who meets two fellow students on the train ride there - Griffin, a single handsome eligible bachelor and Noah, an intense man with whom Jordan has an instant emotional and physical attraction. The problem - Griffin is unattached and Noah is not.

I really enjoyed the cha
Joy Kirr
I haven't read a romance in... oh, my. It's been too long. Maybe that's why I fell for Noah on the first page I met him. I was angered many times, however, at how 20-year-olds act... Why so foolish? Why not just TALK about it?! But I got over it, as I know there has to be conflict in order for there to be a story. I have bookmarked some quotes, and have written more here: http://geniushour.blogspot.com/2014/0...

I am grateful to have met (and presented with!) this new author, and am inspired, as
Melissa
Summary from Goodreads:
Sometimes it takes crossing an ocean to figure out where you belong.

Sexy, sweet (and possible player) Griffin may be her perfect, no-strings-attached match. He’s fun, gorgeous, and makes her laugh. So why can’t
Shelley
ARC generously provided by publisher via Netgalley for an honest review.

Jordan is off to study for a year in Aberdeen, Scotland. She is determined to discover who she is and what she wants. IT is a year to have fun and nothing serious. What she doesn't expect is to meet two guys from America on the train ride to campus that will form what kind of year she will have.

Griffin sits down next to Jordan and they hit it off right away, she pegs him as a player, but quickly learns he is a good guy. She
She
If Only, by AJ Pine, makes its debut on March 24, 2014 as part of Macmillan's Entangled Embrace imprint.

Sometimes it takes crossing an ocean to figure out where you belong.

College student Jordan Brooks is finally taking her friend Sam's advice: look for Mr. Right Now instead of Mr. Right. As she heads off to Aberdeen, Scotland for a year of studying abroad, she promises herself that she will take chances. She will meet new guys. She will meet Mr. Right Now.

But Jordan doesn't expect to meet him o
Khulood
I really enjoyed reading this book, and was surprised to know that it was A.J. Pine's debut!

Jordan, is an English Lit major spending her junior year in Aberdeen, Scotland. On the train from London to Aberdeen, she meets Griffin. I really liked Griffin, he is the worst kind of man-whore because he has a heart!
She also meets Noah, who happens to be an English Lit major as well. A lot happens, and a slight love triangle is formed. I usually hate love triangles, but Pine has managed to do it tastefu
Lindsay
So that happened.

When I first read the description of this book, I was excited to read it. I mean, check it out:

It's been two years since twenty-year-old Jordan had a boyfriend—which means it's been forever since she, well, you know. Well...that sounds promising. It's been a while and that means we're in for some steam...proceed.

But now she’s off to spend her junior year in Aberdeen, Scotland, the perfect place to stop waiting for Mr. Right and just enjoy Mr. Right Now. Scotland! SOLD! I
Jaclyn
Glory to L. Ron, I loved this book! And that joke. Which I'm gonna steal and incorporate into my own vocabulary.

Jordan is smart, sensitive, funny, and vulnerable. Griffin and Noah both bring out something different in her, and I found myself conflicted along the way as to who I was rooting for. A great cast of supporting characters, particularly Elaina, made Jordan's journey so fun to follow.

Can't wait to see what's next from A.J. Pine... such a great read.
Alison Bliss
As someone who has toured Scotland, I thought the author did a terrific job with bringing a real Scottish flavor to her story. The setting, the details, and the Scottish brogue. This was such a sweet, fun romance and I loved the beautifully crafted storyline. The characters were fantastic and I loved all of them, even the secondary ones (Elaina and Duncan). Can't wait to see what this author writes next!
Megan
This book was a much needed breath of fresh air in a new adult world filled with over the top story lines. I thought that the characters were well developed and likable even when I wanted to shake some sense into one of them in particular. This is a great story about a girl trying to lose herself for a little while, but in the end finds that she's a lot happier being true to who she really is. Loved it!
New Adult Corner: Read to Review: If Only - CLOSED for Sign Up's 35 40 Sep 17, 2014 04:44PM
  • Darkside Sun (Mortal Machine, #1)
  • Inside Out (Off the Map, #3)
  • The Boyfriend List (Boyfriend #1)
  • I See London (International School, #1)
  • The Mean Girl Apologies
  • The Real Thing
  • The Opposite of Nothing
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • Make it Right (Bowler University, #2)
  • Definitely, Maybe in Love (Definitely Maybe, #1)
  • Our Broken Sky (Chaos Theory, #1.5)
  • He's Come Undone
  • Searching for Beautiful
  • Everything Between Us
  • Fall with Me
  • How We Lived
  • Tell Me When (Lost in You, #1)
  • Swimming to Tokyo
AJ Pine writes stories to break readers’ hearts, but don’t worry—she’ll mend them with a happily ever after. As an English teacher and a librarian, AJ has always surrounded herself with books. All her favorites have one big commonality–romance. Naturally, her books have the same. When she’s not writing, she’s of course reading. Then there’s online shopping (everything from groceries to shoes) and, ...more
More about A.J. Pine...

If Only... (2 books)
  • What If (If Only..., #2)
What If (If Only..., #2) One Night (Only You, #1) One Life (Only You, #2)