Start by marking “Parasyte, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Parasyte, Volume 3

Parasyte, Volume 3

(寄生獣 [Kiseijū] (Parasyte) #3)

ALIEN NATION
Aliens parasites have invaded Earth and taken over the minds of ordinary people. Shin has been infected with a parasite, but he still can think and act for himself. Now he's been approached by two mysterious victims of the invasion: Tamiya, a beautiful schoolteacher, and Shimada, another student. What do the aliens want with humanity . . . and with Shin?
Published May 13th 2008 by Del Rey (first published July 18th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Parasyte, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parasyte, Volume 3

Start your review of Parasyte, Volume 3
Hanin Elthawabtah
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This manga ROCKS!!
I’m watching the anime and I’ve found this:
The names of the first 21 episodes of the show are references to literary works:
* 1.01 The Metamorphosis, Franz Kafka
* 1.10 What Mad
Lisa
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourite-series
I just couldn't help myself...I bought this book which is the third in the series and devoured it (like a parasite heehee).
Normally when you buy a new book it lasts at least a week - oopsie - this fab series is going to cost me a fortune!
If you're going to read this series then start at the beginning and know that it is super violent but also super fun with a serious underlying message.
James DeSantis
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Didn't enjoy this one as much as the others. I still love the idea of what makes humans humans and such but the storyline seemed badly paced here. Like not much happened even when it was the same length as Volume 1-2 which moved at a perfect rate. Still checking out more!
Rick Brose
I'm still enjoying this series. It brings up some good philosophical ideas, and even has a dig at the United States. The progression of the main character is interesting and creates suspense around those he is connected with. I picked up the rest of the series, so I am all in at this point.
Luna
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Series Rating: 4 Stars

Firstly a warning, Parasyte is horror – not the fluffy kind.
It’s violent and the artwork backs this up.

I personally prefer creepy over violent horror but Parasyte didn’t bother me, because it’s not just about gore and death – there is plenty of plot. Shin’s parasite didn’t succeed in taking him over, instead he’s trapped in Shin’s hand and the two of them develop and odd (and sometimes rather amusing) relationship. Meanwhile, around them the bodies count is going up.

There
Nərmin
Previous Shinji was good but now we have some kind of fighter-cool Shinji. And also he is kinda less emotional. And as always, Migi is so cute)
Now I have some things to say about the art: it is clean-cut that it seems it is drawn using a ruler. Character's faces are symmetrically perfect. It is good but feels odd at times.
Ehsan seratin
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
It is getting pretty viral, everybody knows about monsters but they have no clue what they look like or what. I like the way Izumi's parasyte speaks and thinks. I wished to host it without thinking twice. :)))
Paula
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangas-comics
CADA VEZ MEJOR
Rebeckahsypik
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Apu
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't like this as much as the first two. Shin and his parasyte now deal with a new parasite who is a student claiming to be nonviolent and only wanting to learn about Shin's relationship with his parasite. The violence was fun as usual, but there was a lot of filler and it was very predictable.

Overall: Three out of five stars, did not enjoy as much as previous installments, will not continue with the series.
Donna
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Another human, infected by a parasite, turns up at Shin's school.

This wasn't quite as good as the first two, but still worth reading. The art is only so-so until you get to scenes of the parasite twisting itself into bizarre shapes that are useful for killing. I'll read the next in the series.
Kaitlynn
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Moving away from body horror and into The Boys superhero territory.
Corey
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, comics-manga
Tons of interesting developments in this volume. Can't wait to get to the next one!!
Jen (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
** 4.5 stars **
Peter Barr
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The is the 3rd in a series of alien invasion graphic novels. In this case, the aliens are absorbed into the human beings and are able to change their appearance to fit the situation. The main character is only partly absorbed by an alien and has begun a relationship with him. It is an interesting tale and, while not believable, is highly entertaining.
Lexie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I keep forgetting to mention this, but part of my renewed interest in the series is that there is the live action movies coming out (at the end of this year and in the beginning of next year). Much like the Mirai Nikki live action show I'm hopeful that it remains as true to the source material as possible. Kimi ni Todoke, Koizora and to a certain extent the Gantz movies proved it could be done.

We get in this new volume a return of Kana, Murano's uneasiness, a new alien who wants to be "friends"
Conan Tigard
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Parasyte: Volume 3 is another fantastic book about the parasitic invasion from space. Izumi is worried about how he is changing. He gets angry a lot easier and is finding some of that hard to control. When he gets angry, his eyes really get dark and he scares people, even tough guys. He screams out a lot more in frustration, which is generally something that is not accepted in public. Murano is the one that notices this the most, and she is starting to back off some.

So, it is interesting seeing
Novia
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
...........

Parasyte is not a manga for kids because it’s incredibly cruel, the level of gore in this manga can even make grown up stops reading it. There are a lot of human turns into cut off body parts. There is even a part where an alley is full of human body parts with the blood scattered on the floor and wall.

HOWEVER, apart from the gory images, the story itself is really good. I think it is well written and I like how the story evolves slowly from simple to complicated. AND just like most
Charles Dee Mitchell
The presence of flesh eating parasites inhabiting a certain proportion of the population is becoming more difficult for the authorities to cover up. Shin is fortunate that Migi, the parasite possessing his right hand, is an easy-going sort. The others, like the one that ate Shin's mother or the one posing as a new kid at school, are a different matter entirely,

In Volume 3 of Iwaaki's manga, secrecy begins to break down. Shin discovers the mild superpowers he is developing with Migi's presence in
Arminzerella
Pretty good. Not sure why Shinichi is so hormonal in this chapter - he's experiencing these bouts of uncontrollable rage. Some of his behavior is questionable, too, like he's forgotten what makes him human. Or maybe he's just an awkward teenager (there are plenty of *actual* humans who don't figure out appropriate social cues until much later in life). He's got a potential rival - another infected human, whose alien parasite claims to be disinterested in eating humans and eradicating Shinichi ...more
Mikael Kuoppala
Sep 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Volume 2 saw our protagonist Shinichi face the parasitic alien invasion on a most personal level. Now it’s time for the aftermath. Hitoshi Iwaaki does an adequate job in making the stakes feel more real for Shinichi as well as for the reader, but he passes on a lot of obvious emotional resonance the events so far might have induced.

The third volume is a bit erratic and the heavier atmosphere and a sense of authenticity are overshadowed by uneven plotting. Still, the overall tone works and this
Leila Anani
Another exciting instalment - Shimada another parasyte enters Shinichi's school - he claims he wants to live in harmony with humans but is clearly lying. He goes on a killing spree when acid in his face makes him go crazy.

There's a lot more action in this one and less philosophy. Still it has an abundance of freaky weird - I love the artwork which is an unusual mix of both drawn and painted. As horror manga goes this is is very strong on story. Love it.
Jocelyn
Parasyte is about an alien species that infects humans in order to eradicate the human species and save the Earth.

Volume 3 begins the set-up for something that is a bit too common in manga and episodic shows: bad guy of the week kind of showdowns. Still a great story and some interesting side-characters begin to show up.
Jason
I've seen and read a lot of horror, so it's rare for it to feel fresh to me, but I absolutely cannot predict where this series is going to go next. In this volume, a student [spoiler] inadvertently finds something that screws up the Parasyte and it goes nuts and kills a bunch of students. Meanwhile, the main character becomes more and more in command of his new "superpowers." Great stuff!!
Selvianty Selvianty
Huwaaaaaah, more development on shinichi! I wonder, to make you stronger did it mean to erase some emotion too? Like shinichi, he's definitely became more effective and strong. I want to see what kind of 'being' shinichi will become
Jheneille
its very...interesting
Reem
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Volume 3. Chapter 17-24

I really like this series. I'm still hooked and it's still interesting. I liked how the characters aren't lame or annoying. Up until now this manga is exciting.
Aimee
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the storyline.
Ben Brackett
The way manga has the character literally say everything their thinking and explain every detail in a straightforward way is kind of weird sometimes.

• Cells at Work!, Vol. 2
  • Cells at Work!, Vol. 1
  • Smashed: Junji Ito Story Collection
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 3 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #3)
  • The Drifting Classroom, Vol. 5 (Drifting Classroom)
  • The Drifting Classroom, Vol. 4 (Drifting Classroom)
  • I Am a Hero Omnibus, Volume 1
  • Goodnight Punpun Omnibus, Vol. 5
  • Goodnight Punpun Omnibus, Vol. 4
  • はたらく細胞BLACK 1 [Hataraku Saibou BLACK 1] (Cells at Work CODE BLACK, #1)
  • Pumpkin Night 2
  • Pumpkin Night 1
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 2 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #2)
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 1 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #1)
  • The Drifting Classroom, Vol. 3 (Drifting Classroom)
  • Goodnight Punpun Omnibus, Vol. 3
  • Cells at Work!, Vol. 5
  • Claymore, Vol. 1: Silver-eyed Slayer (Claymore, #1)
Hitoshi Iwaaki (Japanese: 岩明 均 Hepburn: Iwaaki Hitoshi?, born July 28, 1960) is a Japanese manga artist, whose works include the science-fiction/horror series Parasyte. The Mixx editions of Parasyte romanize his name as "Hitosi Iwaaki", while the Del Rey Manga editions use "Hitoshi Iwaaki".

In 1993, he received the Kodansha Manga Award for Parasyte. He was a finalist for the 2005 Tezuka Osamu

寄生獣 [Kiseijū] (Parasyte) (10 books)
  • Parasyte, Volume 1