Start by marking “Parasyte, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Parasyte, Volume 2

Parasyte, Volume 2

(寄生獣 [Kiseijū] (Parasyte) #2)

PERSONAL DEMON

Shin looks like an ordinary high school boy, but he has a terrible secret: an alien parasite has infected his body. This mysterious creature is ruthless, deadly, and utterly indifferent to human suffering...and it is beginning to assert itself over Shin. As Shinji fights for control of his body, can he also hold on to his humanity?
Published October 30th 2007 by Del Rey (first published January 18th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Parasyte, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parasyte, Volume 2

Start your review of Parasyte, Volume 2
Tina Haigler
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Man, that went dark. It was really good though. I read this cover to cover in one sitting. I stayed interested and on the edge of my seat the whole time. They managed to distract from the darkness with info, humor, and friendship to keep it similar to the first one, but it was dark nonetheless. I really enjoyed this volume and am really looking forward to Vol. 3!
Lisa
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I seem to be in the middle of several long and dense books so I was after some light relief...

...Look no further than Parasyte 2! - the second in the series and even more enjoyable than the first as the story makes more sense and becomes clearer.

Super quick, funny, creative and thoroughly enjoyable.

More please!
Nərmin
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This got a bit darker than the first one. Shinji faced such a heartbreaking situation. And now he is really changing physically and mentally, becoming more violent and strong. I liked his boyish side, let's see how his manly side will be.
I can't say that I liked the artstyle, but I can't do anything about it either. It seems I have spoiled myself with beautiful artworks of first mangas of mine.
Quentin Wallace
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This volume expands a little, as we see other human/parasyte hybrids, including a guy with a Parasyte jaw. There's also a pretty dark happening with a major character.

The whole talking hand thing turned me off in the first volume, but in this volume I do admit it started to grow on me. Er, no pun intended? The whole human/parasyte as a team is sorta neat when the human side makes the pair more altruistic.

In any case this is a pretty decent read but I doubt I continue with the series anytime
zoe💌
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
It just gets better and better. But osidjdjsksk Shinichi don’t be sad :(((
Damon
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, horror
I am really enjoying this funny story. It is about the relationship between parasites and their hosts.
Rick Brose
I did not like this quite as much as the first volume, but it is still pretty strong. There are a couple big things that happen, which will make the continuing story interesting.
Luna
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Series Rating: 4 Stars

Firstly a warning, Parasyte is horror – not the fluffy kind.
It’s violent and the artwork backs this up.

I personally prefer creepy over violent horror but Parasyte didn’t bother me, because it’s not just about gore and death – there is plenty of plot. Shin’s parasite didn’t succeed in taking him over, instead he’s trapped in Shin’s hand and the two of them develop and odd (and sometimes rather amusing) relationship. Meanwhile, around them the bodies count is going up.

There
Atalinay
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019_read
The teaser in the last volume was intense, and this mostly delivered. I wanted to feel a bit more for the characters, but I like the direction it went in. A slight qualm is that all these 90s gang bois look too similar. It's hard to tell who's who. A funny bit I liked was the grandpa thinking he was a Yakima member.

Long recounts and thoughts:

Our hero MC tries to fight some dudes beating up Nagai, but gets beat up. Did he do that cuz he's different or to prove to himself he's still selfless and
Pauline Stout
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
This is the second book in the Parasyte series and I really liked the first one so I’ve been looking forward to reading this one.

I did think this was a good story but I didn’t think it was nearly as compelling as the first. I like how they expanded upon the relationship between Shinichi and Migi. I liked the was Shinichi’s character developed throughout the book. I really didn’t like the bully characters. I can see they were there so you could see how much Shinichi changes from the start to the
Brandon
An interesting development from the events of Volume 1, this book sees the Parasyte series revealing itself to be largely inspired by Go Nagai's Devilman franchise. Our hero Shinichi meets another human who's been quasi-possessed by a parasite who ended up away from his host's brain. Seeking to assist Shinichi, the two come across as spiritual successors to the Devilman Corps from Nagai's manga, humans who have retained their mortal consciousness and identity despite their bodies' merging with ...more
Mina
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Parasyte (originally published in 1988 - what?!) is one of my favourite in horror, which really doesn’t feel its age.
I love how it uses horror to emphasize parts of the story, never being gratuitous in either violent imagery or gore.
This volume has moments of incredible well created tension and the introduction of a very likable character, Uda Mamoru, who partners up with Shinichi. I’m hoping he’ll make a return ahead in the series, for they made a great duo and he offers some of the best comedy
Suleyka Bonifacio
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book Shinichi's parasite also called Migi learns to communicate and speak to Shinichi. Migi also can speak to him through Shinichi's mind. Schinichi is learning how strong he is becoming with Migi inside of him. He develops the ability to tell where another parasite is and kills them off to prevent other people dying/become a parasite. He then meets another parasite who doesn't really act like one (like a zombie).
Jheneille
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I am very eager to see where this story will go and just how much Shinji is going to change and develop due to everything that's going on. We can already see how he's changing and the struggle he's facing where his humanity and morality is concerned already so it's going to be interesting to see where the creators intend to take this
Stephen Snow
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Its good way better than the anime he seems like less of a wuss in the manga plus overall he seems more interesting in this chapter he seems more emotionless because on the parasyte which is really interesting and complex like hes becoming a parasyte?Im excited to read the next manga from this great author.
Donna
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Shinichi and his alien parasite (which lives in his body but is mostly confined to his hand), fight to stay alive when a person close to Shinichi is also parasitized.

This volume amped up the emotional aspect of the horror that is occurring to Shinichi. The art fits the violence well. Shinichi makes a friend and grows up quite a lot. I'll be continuing with the series.
Sakib
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second volume is amazing...

The artwork, story- everything is better...

The last chapter summarizes it all- transformation...

And tragedy...

And yet we see someone becoming as hard as iron...

When humans are faced with something inhuman, there will always be something inhuman against that, or else it's extinction...
Ign33l
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Izumi kun momma gets hacked and he wants payback, he meet another parasyte and things start to develop. He dies but still has parasyte since. The lesson is that the hoe can feel him and she gets ladies flying. They can feel him and they get excited about that, they know hes around.
Rebeckahsypik
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Prex Ybasco
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 漫画
The second volume thickened the plot to a considerable degree. ^_^
Jen (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
** 4.25 stars **
Molly
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
So creepy and good. For fans of Junji Ito.
Hanin Elthawabtah
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED it.
Mac Dubista Keso The Bibliobibuli v(=∩_∩=)
More intense, story makes sense. Enjoyable as ever.

Amusing.ü
jassira raxlly
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm enjoying this series about coexistence and human anhialation.
the snake
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Volume 2

The main characters continue to examine their new relationship while overcoming new hurdles. And excellent second volume to the story.
Rebeca
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2016
4 stars

Good 2nd volume. Need vol. 3 now !!
Peter Barr
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second in a series of graphic novels. In this series, aliens have come to earth and combined with humans. In most cases, they take over the human host and become predators of other humans. In the case of the main character, Shin, only a part of him is alien and they are able to communicate and cooperate in protecting their self from other aliens. Shin is hiding his identity from other humans. This progresses nicely in developing the story.
George Lee
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lexie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ah book 2, in which my predictions of Shinichi's mother are fulfilled and I'm like 'oh crap...'. Also its the one where Shinichi goes from having that boyish haircut guys like in manga to the badass haircut delinquents in manga prefer.

He goes from this:

To this:

After him and Migi :ahem: merge some more.

Interestingly we meet another "failed" alien/human merging (the guy's chin! He outdoes Bruce Campbell's chin and I thought that's impossible!) and despite his protestations Migi seems to be
« previous 1 3 next »

• Smashed: Junji Ito Story Collection
  • I Am a Hero Omnibus, Volume 1
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 3 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #3)
  • Hideout
  • Cells at Work!, Vol. 3
  • Cells at Work!, Vol. 4
  • Cells at Work!, Vol. 2
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 1 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #1)
  • Cells at Work!, Vol. 5
  • Goodnight Punpun Omnibus, Vol. 3
  • Frankenstein
  • Goodnight Punpun Omnibus, Vol. 5
  • Gyo
  • Goodnight Punpun Omnibus, Vol. 4
  • 亜人 7 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #7)
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 6 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #6)
  • Pumpkin Night 1
  • Pumpkin Night 2
Hitoshi Iwaaki (Japanese: 岩明 均 Hepburn: Iwaaki Hitoshi?, born July 28, 1960) is a Japanese manga artist, whose works include the science-fiction/horror series Parasyte. The Mixx editions of Parasyte romanize his name as "Hitosi Iwaaki", while the Del Rey Manga editions use "Hitoshi Iwaaki".

In 1993, he received the Kodansha Manga Award for Parasyte. He was a finalist for the 2005 Tezuka Osamu

寄生獣 [Kiseijū] (Parasyte) (10 books)
  • Parasyte, Volume 1