Start by marking “Long-time Listener, First-time Werewolf (Kitty Norville, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Long-time Listener, First-time Werewolf (Kitty Norville, #1-3)

Long-time Listener, First-time Werewolf

(Kitty Norville #1-3)

Contains the first three Kitty Norville books: Kitty and the Midnight Hour, Kitty Goes to Washington, and Kitty Takes a Holiday, as well as a short story "Kitty Meets the Band".

DJ Kitty Norville never much liked doing the nightshift at K-NOB, Denver's alternative radio station - that is, until the attack that made her a werewolf. Now her habits have become decidedly more n
Published April 2007 by SFBC (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Long-time Listener, First-time Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long-time Listener, First-time Werewolf

Siobhan
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I find it surprising how much I seemed to enjoy this short story. In fact, I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed some of the books in the series (which is saying something, considering how I have only managed the first three in the series).

This is a short amusing story, sure to keep you interested for the handful of pages. Nothing much really happens in terms of progressing the underlying Kitty story… but it gives you an insight to her life outside of the crazy supernatural happenings.

Telling a story
Melissa
Feb 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
What I loved about reading this book is that you had all the three books in one. It showed her progression from being protected to the point of having no personal freedom to learning how to stand on her own two feet. Unsteady and unsure, but still willing to move forward toward the unknown while helping others to deal with their "afflictions". Showing her weaknesses and showing how she still felt unsure that she overcame anything really showed her strength and made her very "human". I really enj ...more
Elena
Aug 26, 2011 added it
This is what started it all for me and Kitty. I bought this book from SFBC and it got me hooked.
Di
Feb 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Interesting... I actually didn't much like the heroine at first, and it's credit to Vaughn's writing that I still was very absorbed in the book itself (which really is a 3-books-in-one omnibus from Sci Fi Book Club). Kitty grows into confidence over the books, but Vaughn never tries to pretend Kitty is a superhero. Unlike many other paranormal fantasies, which start out or end up with a heroine filled to the brim with nobility and leadership and courage, Kitty has to learn those characteristics ...more
Hayley
Mar 16, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-finishing
I could not stand this character. Kitty Norville is just so, so weak. The woman has no backbone whatsoever. I suffered through the first book to see if there would be any kind of character developement. Granted, there was, but there just wasn't enough. It just seems like she's still incredibly wimpy at the end of the novel. I have no hope that this would get any better if I continued to read the rest of the books, so unless someone were to convince me that Kitty does begin to be stong or bold or ...more
Julie
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was an omnibus of 3 books and I loved it! The heroine is a radio personality who just happens to be a werewolf. There are all kinds of supernatural creatures peppered throughout, but the main one is the werewolf and all that entails, while trying to maintain a human life. It's all quite entertaining though I wouldn't call these stories comedies. More like dramas with some humor added.
Michelle Carrell
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
The first book was dreadfully slow. I ended up skimming around until something interesting came up. Book two was more interesting but still slow in places. The only thing that kept me reading this series was the third book. It finally started to pick up! I am so glad I didn't give up on this series! Bear with the boring parts it gets better/
Nicole
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone that would listen
Shelves: favorite-authors
OMG....I so love Kitty Norville. She's a kick ass chick that comes into her own after she's been pushed one time too many. She loves fiercly, fights hard and fair, even when others don't. Carrie Vaughn manages to write a book that is a touching mixture of delight, beauty, wittisim, and funniness. Amazing read...and wonderful character.
Susan
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
re-read 11/6/2014

Merged review:

Kitty and the Midnight Hour" first read 10/29/2005 when BRAND new

Finished ...Holiday and then devoured "Kitty Meets the Band"

re-read 11/3/2014 - 11/7/2014

read Kitty Goes to Washington 6/30/2006
Shelly
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm so disappointed! I thought I had found a "new" Kitty Norville story...but it is just a collection of the first 3. (which I've already read.) Oh well. It's a great book for those who want to start "at the beginning" and only have to buy one book.
Beth
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love the Demon! great end! :)
Louisa
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yeah, this short story was awesome, I loved is this, isn't this, paranormal! So awesome! Loved the ending!
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This is a short story that was included at the end of "Kitty Goes to Washington." I always enjoy Kitty's show and this story was no exception. I particularly liked the twist at the end.
Sue
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good short story. It made me feel like a fly on the wall of the studio.
Erin
Actually an enjoyable little short.

Considering it was only 13 pages, that is saying something.
Jeff
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I feel like a chick having read this and liked it so much.
Steve
Feb 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT!
Gail
Jun 12, 2009 marked it as to-read
didn't know this one existed!! yah!!
Tina
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book cant wait to read the rest. Starts out slow and picks up speed.
The BookWhisperer
Shayla Gibson
Sep 07, 2016
Michael Edwards
Nov 10, 2013
  • This Witch for Hire (The Hollows, #1-2)
  • Black Moon Inn  (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #7-8)
  • Preying For Mercy (Mercy Thompson, #1-3)
  • Betsy the Vampire Queen (Undead, #1-4)
  • The Quarters Novels: Volume II (Omnibus: No Quarter / The Quartered Sea)
  • Crash Deluxe (Parrish Plessis, #3)
  • Dead in Dixie (Sookie Stackhouse 1-3)
  • Wizard by Trade (The Dresden Files Omnibus, #2)
  • Unsympathetic Magic (Esther Diamond, #3)
  • Insurrection (Scions, #2)
  • Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)
  • Sacrifice Me: Season One (Sacrifice Me #1-6)
  • Courtney Crumrin and the Fire Thief's Tale
  • Lord of the Night (Night Slayer, #4)
Carrie Vaughn is best known for her New York Times bestselling series of novels about a werewolf named Kitty who hosts a talk radio show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. The fourteenth installment, Kitty Saves the World, was released in 2015. Her forthcoming novels include a near-Earth space opera, Martians Abroad, from Tor Books, and a post-apocalyptic murder mystery, Bannerless, from John J ...more

Kitty Norville (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1)
  • Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)
  • Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5)
  • Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)
  • Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7)
  • Kitty Goes to War (Kitty Norville, #8)
  • Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9)
  • Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville, #10)