Start by marking “Go-Boy!: Memories of a Life Behind Bars” as Want to Read:
Go-Boy!: Memories of a Life Behind Bars

Go-Boy!: Memories of a Life Behind Bars

Published January 1st 2003 by Hushion House Publishing (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Go-Boy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go-Boy!

Veronica Thomas-lee
I am a great fan of all the books Roger Caron has written over the years. But my all time favorite is Go Boy it tells of a young man's jail time in Canada and how it really was with the whippings and the beatings and what he saw and learned. IT is one of a very few that brought me to tears and maybe as a young person rethink my own path in life. It is a book where he says it as it was , and he does not come across at blaming others for where he was or why. The book is a great personal story and ...more
Petra Morin
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this during my Prison Memoir stage in the 90's and when I heard that Roger Caron had passed away I got hold of a copy to read this one again. (at a used bookstore, I believe it is O/P) It's fascinating, scary and sad. I can only read so much at one sitting because it is so disturbing at times. Still an awesome book.
Dionne Sonya
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Caron illustrates how a person can become a career criminal and manages to rationalize his actions in a way that makes the reader understand his point of view. He talks about his childhood and how his criminal activity began, but he also explains how he didn't know how to stop. There was quite a bit of action and adventure in this story that kept me engaged.
I took this book out from the library not knowing that it takes place near my house. This made it even more engaging! It caused me to quest
Steen
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm actually kind of surprised just how much I enjoyed this book. I feel like a jerk saying that considering this was about a mans life in prison. I think the reason why is that many of the places he talked about I am somewhat familiar with considering I am also from Ontario and I actually went to college in Kingston so I passed by the Kingston Pen many many times.

Roger Caron spent most of his life behind bars mainly because he liked robbing banks. It also seemed like he spent most of his time
Rivkah
Jun 19, 2011 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing and tough book to read. But it gives insite to prison life extensively. And sadly, these things may still be happening in prison.

The one thing in this book I am finding strange, is that he dosn't seem too sory.
Another thing is that almost half his life (Since he was thirty ad least) was behind bars.
Although this is a great book, it is violent (Obviously) and has lots of swearing/mature matter, so I would **Not reccogmend for younger audiences
Ian Mctavish
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I taught an essential English class and this was one book that my students read from cover to cover. Roger Caron lead a rough life, but his writing transformed his own life as well as the people who read it.
Veronica Thomas-lee
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i was one of the most informative and enlightening book that was so inciteful of what actually went on behind the prision walls in Canada.
Brody
Jan 06, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Go Boy 1 4 Sep 27, 2011 11:54PM
Excerpts from Wikipedia: Roger Caron:

Roger "Mad Dog" Caron (April 12, 1938 – April 11, 2012) was a Canadian robber and the author of the influential prison memoir Go-Boy! Memories of a Life Behind Bars (1978). At the time of publishing, Caron was 39 years old and had spent 23 years in prison.

Bibliography:
1978 Go-Boy! Memories of a Life Behind Bars, Hushion House, 292 pages, ISBN 0-9682522-3-0