Start by marking “Hot Chocolate” as Want to Read:
Hot Chocolate

Hot Chocolate

Featuring luxurious concoctions ranging from ancient Latin American originals and European caf� classics to comforting childhood treats.

No longer just a simple, syrupy sweet drink, today's hot chocolates are brimming with extraordinary flavors like cayenne, vanilla beans, Nutella, buttered rum, pistachios, wasabi, peanut butter, and malted milk balls. Featuring white choc
Published September 1st 2005 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about Hot Chocolate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Chocolate

Start your review of Hot Chocolate
Stephanie
Jun 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
One of the true delights and luxuries in life is a nice cup of hot chocolate on a cold night. I love this book because you can turn a simple cup of cocoa into a truly decadent treat with so many variations to try and none starting with "open the packet of hot cocoa"...all recipes are from scratch and the cup of goodness you get from making it from scratch is well worth your efforts. When the weather turns chilly, I go looking for this cookbook and enjoy trying yet another new version and delicio ...more
Brenda
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
My sister had Angeline's hot chocolate in Paris, and said it was the best she's ever had. It was fun to come across the recipe in this book!
Now I know the difference between hot chocolate (milk with real chocolate) and hot cocoa (milk with cocoa powder, with the cocoa butter (the good stuff) taken out), because Americans use the terms interchangeably. Lots of fancy recipes to try--although, I'm still happy with my powder-added-to-hot-water drink. I'll take anything with chocolate or cocoa in it!
Plaimont
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've had this book for about 5 years now & have been able to whip up the majority of recipes therein. I have yet to come across a recipe that either my husband or I did not like. We purchased this book for Angelina's recipe from Rue de Rivoli and must admit that unless you drink their L'Africain on a regular basis, it will be difficult to tell the difference. While all of the recipes I've tried are very good, the L'Africain recipe is so perfect in my opinion that without it, I would have only aw ...more
Amanda
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this book. I love hot chocolate, and this book is full of histories, recipes, and quotes from the past and the present. I just want to get lost in these recipes and never come out. I will be trying several of these this winter in lieu of settling for anything store bought from anywhere probably.
Emily S.
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Considering that hot chocolate is my favorite drink, this book was right up my alley. I’m excited to jazz up my hot chocolate game!
Kerry
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food-and-drink
Tired of the gritty, sugary, beige beverage that passes for hot chocolate? It's well worth it to make your own, using complementary flavors and surprising ingredients. These recipes start with good-quality real chocolate. Then spices, liqueur, and dairy is added to create dessert-quality hot chocolate that appeals to sophisticated adult palates.

Even if you can't follow each recipe exactly, this book teaches you that making gourmet hot chocolate is as easy as using good-quality ingredients and s
Reeby
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable and interesting book to read, or even just to skim through. Filled with various hot chocolate and dessert recipes, the book also incorporates the history of hot chocolate throughout the world, creating a history in every sip of hot chocolate.
Ellen
The recipes sound delicious, but the photos are the ones that really make my mouth water... I wish there were more to drool over!
Patricia
Dec 30, 2008 rated it liked it
This is for people serious about hot chocolate.
Keri
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: food
I really need to stop buying pretty books out of the $5 dollar bin. Did I even make any of these recipes? Honestly, I probably just drooled over the pictures and then drank an instant cocoa packet.
Patty L.
Georgetowner
Jan 19, 2020
Famous fans of hot chocolate 1 1 Jun 09, 2019 06:33AM

• Mastering the Art of French Cooking
  • Keto Diet for Beginners: 30-Day Keto Meal Plan for Rapid Weight Loss. Ketogenic Meal Prep Cookbook Full of Easy to Follow Recipes! Lose up to 20 Pounds in 30 Days!
  • 25 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes Cookbook (Simple and Easy Thanksgiving Recipes)
  • Gooseberry Patch Everyday Comfort Food: 260 Easy homestyle recipes for every weeknight
  • Every Month Is a New Year: Celebrations around the World
  • Lunches and Brunches (Creative Cooking Library)
  • Chocolate: Luscious Recipes and Expert Know-How for Biscuits, Cakes, Sweet Treats and Desserts
  • A Christmas Dinner
  • 12 Days at Bleakly Manor (Once Upon a Dickens Christmas, #1)
  • Luscious Lemon Desserts: (Dessert Cookbook, Lemon Dessert Recipes)
  • My Heart Is a Compass
  • Murder at Crossways (Gilded Newport Mysteries #7)
  • Heavy: An American Memoir