Start by marking “The Total Package” as Want to Read:
The Total Package

The Total Package

The New York Times bestselling author of Big Girl Panties and The Sweet Spot is back with a funny, sweet, and sizzling novel about the game of love, in which a hot quarterback must figure out how to score big with a beautiful and talented media analyst after a heartbreaking fumble.

Star quarterback, first-round draft-pick, and heartthrob Tyson Palmer has made a name for him
Published March 15th 2016 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about The Total Package, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Total Package

Start your review of The Total Package
Vanessa S.
I was expecting more of a fluffy, light read, but this novel tackles more serious topics than most chick lit books. I enjoyed the transformation of main character, Tyson Palmer, but his evolution seemed a little too quick and convenient. I couldn't really get behind the connection between Tyson and Dani because it seemed to have come out of nowhere and was forced; they didn't know each other all that well in college, yet Dani was in love with him and remained so for many years to follow.

The wri
Aditi
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

----Jesus Christ

Stephanie Evanovich, the New York Times bestselling author, pens her new chick-lit drama, The Total Package, that narrates the love story of a quarterback on the football team who is trying to atone for his past mistakes both on professional as well as personal front, and am ambitious hot and sexy side-line sports reporter, who has her own secrets to keep her away from the man who once broke her heart.

Synopsis:

Smart and
Alaina
No idea when Andy actually sent me this wonderful book but I can gladly say that I found time to read it.

The Total Package was a cute second chance at romance for Tyson and Dani. Even though at the beginning of this book she was Ella.. which confused me to no end. I did like their little relationship but I knew that this huge secret between them wasn't good. I kept twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to final come out but it didn't until the end of this book. Which definitely annoyed me because t
Cheryl
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Right from the beginning it was no secret that I knew how this story was going to end. However, it was still fun to read this book. Tyson really did a complete 180 improvement on his life. He was more mature, thoughtful, a good friend and team mate. Dani is a fighter. I like that she fought hard for her career to make sure she was taken seriously as a sports commentator .

The funniest moments were when Dani was drunk and she was trying to seduce Tyson. I could tell her lack of experience was pla
Christine
Jan 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
When the story starts, Tyson Palmer, is a washed up, pill-popping drunken professional athlete on a path to self-destruction. Definitely not what you think of as a romantic hero. But he takes an offered second chance and turns things around.

Then, shockingly, the story changed and skipped ahead a few years. WHAT? No, no, no.... I was looking forward to READING what was going to happen during those skipped years! And then all of a sudden, it was torn away and everything had already happened.

I had
Beth
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a story about second chances.

Tyson’s professional football career is just about to hit rock bottom. Coming back to his Alma mater, he is faced with ridicule and disgust. Except for Ella, she offers to love, support and friendship. He takes her then leaves her in the dust only to have his party life style nearly destroy all his chances at furthering his career.

Tyson is given a singular chance to turn his life around, rehab, a professional trainer and a contract that could pull him out of
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

I usually love sports romances, but I have to admit that this one just wasn’t for me.

First of all I had some problems with the writing. This book is written in omniscient third person and while it was fun to read for some chapters, it became confusing and not very enticing later on.

In the first chapter we see Tyson and Dani hookup, after she had tutored him a few years back. Tyson was a terrible point of his life, an addict, about to lose his job and with a lot of scandals s
*TANYA*
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked how this book mentions characters from Stephanie's other books. Quick, fun book. I'm taking off one star because I really didn't care for the bit where she keeps the truth from Tyson.
Jammin Jenny
I really enjoyed this romantic sports story. It involves two people who meet in college, one who is in a downward spiral, but claws his way back up to the top. The other becomes a sports reporter who never really forgot her first crush. They meet each other later in life and become friends but one is holding a secret from the other. A fun romantic second chance book, with football!
* A review copy was provided by the author via Edelweiss for the Blog Tour *

~ 3.5 Stars ~

The Total Package was an enjoyable football related story. This was my first Stephanie Evanovich novel and I was glad that I took a chance on this new author to me.

This book is a second chance romance story. I thought the overall storyline was interesting and was able to keep my attention for the most part. I will be honest I was about to give up on this book, but pushed through and I am glad I did be
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“I’m a weed-smoking, pill-popping alcoholic. No crack or smack. I had to draw the line somewhere.”

“Sometimes I don’t know what was harder, straightening out my head or my heart.”

“One look at her in this outfit and the most memorable gift her father got this Christmas would’ve been a stroke. She pulled at the tags under her arm and caught sight of the designer – Tart Collections. Never was a garment so aptly named.”

“Her dreams and reality had finally merged, and she was still reel
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•

I have really mixed feelings about this book. I liked the whole second chance love thing it had going on but just didn’t like the way it all played out.

Tyson is a star quarterback that has hit rock bottom but not before he has a one night stand with a girl he went to college with.

Four years later his whole life has changed, someone has reached out and helped him turn his life around, for the better. He is on top of his game and has never been happier. Then Dani Carr comes along and he f
Lisa Filipe
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Susan Elizabeth Phillips will simply adore THE TOTAL PACKAGE!

Not only do you get a hero who starts out at the bottom of the barrel, and a heroine who goes from sweet tutor to a sassy "gonna take him down" power house, but you also get a wonderful and funny story about personal growth, growing up and making changes and maybe finding the love of your life in the process.

I was swept away, sucked in, and left with a huge smile on my face! What more can you ask for? If you are a fan of SEP's
Whitney Dineen
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge Stephanie Evanovich fan! I have to say she really upped her game with this one. The characters are rich and fully developed and very enjoyable. As always, I'm looking forward to more from this lady!
Brandy
Apr 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Not good..unbelievable, boring.
Terri Wino
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2017
This is definitely my least favorite of the three books that Stephanie Evanovich has published so far. I don't mind "fluff," but I found this story way too unbelievable. I mean there are two major issues in this book -- one of them being addiction (which is not a spoiler as it's referred to in the book description) -- and I just felt they were both glossed over and dealt with in a far too simplistic manner. Another thing that bothered me was that, to me, Dani came across as a pretty pathetic cha ...more
Beth
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I loved this book, it was a cute and sweet read while looking at the downsides of being a professional sports star. I loved the new set of characters and the fact that we did get to revisit the old characters from previous books and get a wedding and baby out of it. I enjoyed how the book was set, the first 26% of the book was Tyson the early years. Both Tyson and Dani were very likeable characters and I enjoyed Marcus to.

What I wasn't such a fan of was the fact that we didn't get to see
Robin Reynolds
Ok, so, I have a confession. I got this author mixed up with Janet Evanovich. I have a bunch of Janet's books in her series, the name of which had escaped me, and which I hadn't started reading yet, and when I saw this book offered up in a BookCrossing friend's post on FB, I thought it sounded good and would be a good introduction to Ms. Evanovich. It wasn't until I finished this book that I suddenly remembered her series was Stephanie Plum. And then I thought, wait, she named her main character ...more
Vicki
2nd reading
I have now both read the physical copy and listened to this book on audio, and I must say that for this one I loved the audio.

Tyson is/was a star football player; however, he succumbed to alcoholism and pills and became an addict. This is sadly too realistic of today's athletes, high school, college, and pros. He meets a woman who helps him in college and they fall for each other. Her name is Dani (view spoiler).
Ashton Reads
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks
Lustful Literature

**Josie's Review**

After reading this book I’m definitely a fan of this authors work and plan to read more of her books in the future. I am huge fan of football and I enjoyed how this story developed throughout the book. The characters were multifaceted and fascinating. I really appreciate when an author that is not afraid to give readers characters with realistic struggles. The characters deal with some heavy issues that felt realistic. I really felt like the author made it so the insecurities a
Melissa
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
As expected after reading her previous novels, Stephanie Evanovich delivers when it comes to wit, snark, humor, and dialogue. The delectable steamy scenes are an added bonus!

I'll admit that from the synopsis, I wasn't sure where this story was going to lead. However, it went in some fun and interesting directions with a few twists. Both Dani and Tyson are likable and I enjoyed reading their perspectives. I also enjoyed seeing the characters from her previous novels and finding out what they've
Sara Strand
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
For the record, Stephanie Evanovich is a new-to-me-author and I really enjoyed this book, so I would definitely add her to my authors-to-watch-for list. If you are in the mood for a fun, quick romance novel, then you'll really enjoy this one. Honestly, I managed to finish this book in one setting because it's only 256 pages but it reads like a 150 page book. You'll fly through this story.

So we start with Tyson Palmer, presumably at one of his lowest points, basically losing his lucrative footba
Jan
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a lovely surprise, I won this copy from WmMorrow Books. Had to start reading right away.
I am normally a murder who dun it, type person, and love books that also make me laugh, so I don't normally read a Romance book. Story, nice girl from a good loving close Italian family tutors a football athlete, named Tyson. He goes onto the big league, however, his father pulls him into a bad life, he ends up ruining his career with drugs, alcohol and a huge sex scandal. He has reached the bottom. He t
Sloane
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It was light, yet poignant, humorous and wholly entertaining. I loved Stephanie Evanovich's two prior books (even more than those by her more famous cousin-by-marriage), Big Girl Panties and The Sweet Spot, and was delighted to see characters from those books appear here. Ms. Evanovich has a gift for writing male banter especially. The passages with banter between the characters were often laugh-out-loud funny. You do not have to have read the earlier books to follow this one, ...more
Tanesha
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Better than her first 2, author is finding her stride.
Abby Jean
Sep 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
oh my god this was so bad.
Holli
Jan 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018-books, 2018-a-z
I liked the book until I read "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." I loathe secret baby books. Little redeems them for me. This ended up a skim read after the son was introduced.
Steven Mills
I’m having a hard time finding an appropriate rating for this book, and therefore I will not.

Typically when I rate a book on Goodreads, I base my decision on how much I enjoyed reading it, rather than on the overall quality of the story. Therefore I don’t think it’s fair for me to give this book a low rating since I generally don’t enjoy contemporary romance that much.

At the same time, I don’t know if I can justify giving it a high rating if it didn’t really grab me, even if it isn’t my usual ge
Lala
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Barely There Stars.

Part of me enjoyed the premise of the story, but it felt very incomplete. Certain aspects were drawn out and then the big stuff was rushed. My primary feeling as I finished the last chapter was annoyance.

I liked the pace of the first five chapters. Then, BAM. We fast forward five years. The next 16 chapters drug on with nothing really happening. It was small, brief glimpses into the interactions of the H and h. All of a sudden, the H's feelings went from zero to a hundred i
Madison Mega-Mara...: #85 - The Total Package 1 2 Apr 11, 2016 12:01PM
Around the Year i...: The Total Package, by Stephanie Evanovich 1 19 Apr 07, 2016 10:30AM

• Love in a Nutshell (Culhane Family #1)
  • The Husband List (Culhane Family #2)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Sex, Lies, and Online Dating (Writer Friends, #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • My Favorite Half-Night Stand
  • Blitzed (Playbook, #3)
  • Full Blast (Full #4)
  • Meet Cute
  • The Friend Zone
  • Dangerous Minds (Knight and Moon, #2)
  • 99 Percent Mine
  • Smitten (Elsie Hawkins #2)
Stephanie Evanovich is a full-fledged Jersey girl who began writing fiction while waiting for her cues during countless community theater projects. She attended New York School of Film and Television and acted in several improvisational troupes and a few small-budget movies, all in preparation for the greatest job she ever had, raising her two sons. Now a full-time writer, she's an avid sports fan ...more