Start by marking “Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)” as Want to Read:
Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)

Shadowed Threads

(Rylee Adamson #4)

"My name is Rylee, and I am a Tracker."

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I'm the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

O’Shea is AWOL, and Tracking him is proving to be harder than I expected.

Not to mention the small fact that I have the Beast of Bodmin Moor chasing me across Europe, in a ra
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 270 pages
Published August 15th 2013 by HiJinks Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shadowed Threads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadowed Threads

Start your review of Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Book 4, and still, my indecisiveness about this series marches on. Shannon Mayer filled in a few more of the holes that have been bogging down the RYLEE ADAMSON universe, so at long last there’s only one elephant left in the room: O’Shea. It was great to see some of the secondary characters finally starting to stand on their own two feet; however SHADOWED THREADS continued to blur the line between magical boundaries, and convenient exceptions.

Despite what the blurb says,
Denisa
3.5
Yup, this series continues to surprise me.

Ok, I'll start with why I only gave it 3.5. There were some geographical inconsistencies that I didn't like (ok, they would normally piss me off pretty bad, but I like the series too much to be bothered by them as much as I should). And a couple of grammar mistakes (but maybe it's because of the edition I have, seeing that I didn't find any in the other books).
What I liked? I liked the plot twist! I really really didn't expect it, even though usually,
Shelley
*Source* BookLending
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Full Review Pending*

Wow, Rylee's pack just added another fascinating character. Want to know what the character is? DRAGON!!! ::sigh:: what a curious and fantastic addition to this series which is already steeped in a plethora of supernaturals from Alex, Pamela, Will, Deena and Eve. Issues that the book needed to address; Liam, where the hell is he? Berget, are we finally going to have Rylee use her abilities to track her whereabouts? After 1
Carolin
Sep 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
I still appreciate the setting, the action and that, but it's not enough. Not enough to cover up the fact that the MC is so stupid, immature and not showing any signs to growing up. The holes in the plot is constantly covered up by the stupidness of the MC, and then I havenät even gotten to the slutshaming. Why do they have to keep slutshaming Milly? She is bat shit crazy, but that isnät because she enjoys sex, it is because she's bat shit crazy. So why do both O'shea and Rylee constantly have t ...more
Snarktastic Sonja
Rylee is adding to her menagerie. Sometimes, I feel like Shannon is trying to hard to include *every* mythical being ever conceived of. And, don't get me wrong - I loved Blaz. I have loved dragons ever since I read my first Pern novel. But, he just seems so . . . dropped in. His presence makes no sense - and his character makes no sense. Maybe all the dragon nonsense will become clear in a future episode, but right now it only leaves me scratching my head.

I found Jack actually useful - I enjoye
Beth
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just as Rylee is making new and unexpected allies, so is the demon hell bent on taking over the world.

It is a race against the clock for Rylee, she must chose the man she loves or her lost family. Those around her know more than they are saying and it all is centering around Rylee and her decisions...the fate of the world lays in her hands and one wrong move can end it all.

Shadowed Threads had me clinging to the pages from start to finish... Shadowed Threads is an exciting, intense, sexy story t
Parvati Patil
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I should've started with this series because I read aimless witch first. This one is much better.
Marsha
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult Paranormal Mystery Lovers
(3.5 Stars)
Of all of the Rylee Adamson books "Shadowed Threads" was my least favorite. Don't get me wrong. I truly enjoyed the book; however, the plots seemed to ramble at times and I wanted more of O'Shea in this read.
The book is told from both Rylee and O'Shea's perspective. So, why did I initially state that I wanted more of O'Shea in this read? Well, bits of the story were told from O'Shea's wolfs perspective.

The story begins in Europe with O'Shea sinking deeper and deeper into his wolf's m
Jessica Frances
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shadowed Threads is book four in the Rylee Adamson series. This one continues right off where book three left us, with our group still in London. Rylee needs answers from the only other tracker she’s ever met and in this story she is left only with more questions. I enjoyed the adventure of this one and the deepening of all the relationships for Rylee. I also liked that she showed some vulnerability and learned to ask for help. It is a first for her and showed her growth as well as how strong he ...more
Marianne Boutet
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
I will be brief and say that this book ties up a lot of loose ends. It ended well in that the reader knows there is more to come; in the meantime our heroine and her group get a bit of a breather.
Victoria (nocturnalintimacy)
I think this is my favorite in the series so far.
Still nonstop action, but this one had a few more twists and turns that I appreciated.
Toni ~married to a hunk~
Vicki Sylvia
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay ya'll, this series just keeps getting better and better. By far the best installment yet. Still fun and fast paced, but hit some feels along the way. It has developed so much since book 1, and I can't believe there are still 6 to go!

So much shit hit the fan in this book, and the story line is evolving in such an interesting way. Not to mention, that Rylee and Liam have gotten some top notch character development.

This series is deffs underrated, and I cannot recommend it enough if you are lo
Stephanie Serrano Hargrove
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good Story telling

I enjoyed that Liam is back. And that he can fight along with her.
I thought Molly was bad but Far is takes the cake.
Berget is really a pill. Evil to the core.
Joseph
Apr 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
These were short, so I kept trying to get through them, to get to where this series got "good" where it earned that nearly five star across the board review. The world is actually somewhat unique, so it gave me this little glimmer of hope.

I don't see it. The writing is all over the place, the characters are two dimensional at best. I just can't make myself anymore. There's nothing here. Here's the development arc in a nutshell over the last few books. (view spoiler)
Mella
I picked up the first book in the series, Priceless on a whim a few years ago. It was on sale for $0.79, I liked the cover and the blurb drew me in. I hadn't really read any urban fantasy prior to it but I've always loved fantasy and the idea of a more grown up fantasy grabbed me. And it was perfect. Everything I expected and so much more. I proceeded to demolish the remaining available books and Shannon Mayer has fast become one of my favourite authors. All of the books are full of fast paced, ...more
Danielle Book Boss
I wanted to like this more. This series has the makings of being very strong. We have a snarky, foul mouthed heroine who is a secret softy. We have twists and turns. We have romance. But I didn't like this one as much as some others. I think it's mostly because there were a lot of random scenes. Every time I think we are on our epic journey of the book, something pops up to sideline our band of lead characters. It started getting annoying at first and I guessed about (view spoiler) ...more
Sheila Brown
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
Shannon Mayer has wooed me! I consider myself an avid reader and know a good book. I started Rylee's adventure with a free offering and a comparison to Anita Blake. That is saying something if correct, so I had to see. Since this is my forth book in, I have to say this is an incredible series!
The story goes quickly and smoothly, no drawn out dialog like Blake books tend to do. The characters are lovable and very well written into story. I hate Milly, die already! Sorry for the slip, hehe.
I was n
Amanda
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This was a good addition to the series. Rylee is back as badass as ever with new additions to her “pack.” I really like the addition of Blaz and hope we see more of him in the future. Hallelujah in regards to Liam and his plot line, although I hated having to wait so far in to the book for that to happen. I figured who the Child Empress would be ahead of time, but it’ll be interesting to see how Rylee handles that in the future. And of course, Milly should go die. But lots of action a ...more
Jenny Schultz
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Dumb readers

You have made it very clear you think the people who read your books are airhead's. 1st you have a list of characters in your book explaining who they are. In books beyond the 1st. Then a hyperlink in the text to help the poor mindless people to remember who they are reading about. I mean come on, your books are not, that, complicated. And apparently you don't think books labeled 1 to 10 is enough of a clue that this is a series. That each book you have to put in this disclaimer at t
Literati Literature Lovers
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still Fresh Plots

I read a lot of books and love paranormal romances. To be brutally honest, a lot of Indie published paranormal romances wain about book three of a binge read. It’s as if the authors rely too much on made up angst and recycled plots. Luckily Mayer’s Rylee Adamson series is still fresh into book four; as she expanded her world building, fleshed our characters backstories and is still keeping it fresh in the romance area.
Simply you should read this series, so far they have all be
Heather
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series, especially seeing how it intertwined with the Elemental Series. However, I'm not so sure my teenagers would enjoy it. There is a fair amount of language and gore that even I skipped through. In addition to that there are some sex scenes to skip over, and a few crude/lewd moments that I could have done without. I understood the language was a way of distinction with the Trackers in that world, and if it hadn't been for how well done the story was I don't think I would have ...more
Paris
Each book in this series gets more and more intense. I was on the edge of my seat throughout this book and could not put it down once I started. Rylee’s life gets crazier and crazier. She’s picking up more random allies and deadly enemies as she goes along. There were some holy crap reveals in this one too as well as some really great tender moments which I think Rylee desperately needed.

Of course Rylee was her normal kick butt, foul-mouthed self. I love that she has taken Pamela under her wing.
jammaster_mom
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This is book #4 in the series and yes you do need to start at the beginning!

In this book it feels like Rylee is moving at breakneck speed. Many things happen to her and around her. There is resolution to her search for O'Shea, her search for her sister Berget, and her training with Jack the Tracker. There are new friends and old enemies.

This was my least favorite book to date. There is a big reveal at the end but the rest of the book feels a lot like treading water. The last 1/3 or 1/4 is really
Amanda
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good, the action took a huge leap forward, there are many characters involved now, but the author is juggling them nicely. The "potty mouth" continues to get worse, so much that it's becoming something I'm not actually reading, my brain just seems to skip over most of it, or substitutes other words.

One thing I found annoying is the amount of grammatical mistakes in this e-book version. There have been smaller issues in previous books, but this one was overflowing with misspelled words, words le
Sheri Lee-Meece
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read!

Book Four in Rylee's story picks up with Rylee, Evie, Pamela, and Alex all staying with Jack at his manion outside of London. They are working to find where Milly has hidden Liam away. Finally it comes to light that he's gone wild in his wolf form and is seeking out witches to kill them...(gee i wonder why) Milly calls Rylee to warn her that some witches are hunting him and plan to kill him. Will she be able to get to him in time? Will she fail to save her sister again? Read t
Sue
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes Rylee feels like Kate Daniels "Lite" to me. Her default reaction in every situation is to throw a blade and a load of snark at it. And she protects the weak, defenseless, and innocent. And the hapless and outcast are drawn to her like a magnet. And she inspires ridiculous loyalty and love from those around her. And I love her and this series for all of it.

And I'm so glad (view spoiler).
Megan
A lot of things have happened since. 2014 Was a very hard year for myself so all the reviews are showing up on the same date. I can't explain why they are, if the ratings are justice or accurate I can also not say when I truly read these. I'm just going to say 2014 on the same day added just to keep the year right if not the month...

The lack of review is not a reflection on the book or series. just me!
Jo
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok...

I really like this series and I will continue to read it but this one isn't my favourite. I feel that this one is slower paced in terms of storyline, its constant running around being chased. It is really frustrating. Also, towards the end theres a few errors, wrong character headings, missed words and at one point it blends from 1st to 3rd person views of two different characters in one paragraph. This disrupts the story. Off to read the next one though.
Kristy
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite book of the series so far. It's action packed, yet still emotional. Rylee shows a more vulnerable side and we find out some important information about Liam and Berget.

I read books 1-4 today and now I'm left waiting for book 5; however this wasn't a bad spot to be left, as I could breathe a little easier at the end of this book.

• It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #1)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • The Culling Trials 3 (Shadowspell Academy, #3)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Writing Wrongs (Crow's Feet Coven #1)
  • Witching For Grace (Premonition Pointe, #1)
  • Sin & Lightning (Demigods of San Francisco, #5)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)
  • The Culling Trials 2 (Shadowspell Academy, #2)
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft (Grimm Cove, #1)
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Sucks To Be Me
  • Hexing with a Chance of Tornadoes (Grimm Cove, #2)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)
  • Let it All Burn
  • The Culling Trials (Shadowspell Academy, #1)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more

Rylee Adamson (10 books)
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, #6)
  • Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)
  • Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)
  • Rising Darkness (Rylee Adamson, #9)
  • Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson, #10)

News & Interviews

“The devil will tell you nine truths, so that you’ll believe one lie.” 19 likes
“Within all the darkness of my life, I had found the brilliant spot of light that pushed away the shadows
-Rylee Adamson in reference to Liam OShea”
14 likes