Start by marking “Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)” as Want to Read:
Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)

Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson #4)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  7,296 Ratings  ·  259 Reviews
"My name is Rylee, and I am a Tracker."

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I'm the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

O’Shea is AWOL, and Tracking him is proving to be harder than I expected.

Not to mention the small fact that I have the Beast of Bodmin Moor chasing me across Europe, in a race a
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 270 pages
Published August 15th 2013 by HiJinks Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shadowed Threads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadowed Threads

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Book 4, and still, my indecisiveness about this series marches on. Shannon Mayer filled in a few more of the holes that have been bogging down the RYLEE ADAMSON universe, so at long last there’s only one elephant left in the room: O’Shea. It was great to see some of the secondary characters finally starting to stand on their own two feet; however SHADOWED THREADS continued to blur the line between magical boundaries, and convenient exceptions.

Despite what the blurb says,
Denisa
3.5
Yup, this series continues to surprise me.

Ok, I'll start with why I only gave it 3.5. There were some geographical inconsistencies that I didn't like (ok, they would normally piss me off pretty bad, but I like the series too much to be bothered by them as much as I should). And a couple of grammar mistakes (but maybe it's because of the edition I have, seeing that I didn't find any in the other books).
What I liked? I liked the plot twist! I really really didn't expect it, even though usually,
Shelley
*Source* BookLending
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Full Review Pending*

Wow, Rylee's pack just added another fascinating character. Want to know what the character is? DRAGON!!! ::sigh:: what a curious and fantastic addition to this series which is already steeped in a plethora of supernaturals from Alex, Pamela, Will, Deena and Eve. Issues that the book needed to address; Liam, where the hell is he? Berget, are we finally going to have Rylee use her abilities to track her whereabouts? After 1
Snarktastic Sonja
Rylee is adding to her menagerie. Sometimes, I feel like Shannon is trying to hard to include *every* mythical being ever conceived of. And, don't get me wrong - I loved Blaz. I have loved dragons ever since I read my first Pern novel. But, he just seems so . . . dropped in. His presence makes no sense - and his character makes no sense. Maybe all the dragon nonsense will become clear in a future episode, but right now it only leaves me scratching my head.

I found Jack actually useful - I enjoye
Carolin
Sep 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
I still appreciate the setting, the action and that, but it's not enough. Not enough to cover up the fact that the MC is so stupid, immature and not showing any signs to growing up. The holes in the plot is constantly covered up by the stupidness of the MC, and then I havenät even gotten to the slutshaming. Why do they have to keep slutshaming Milly? She is bat shit crazy, but that isnät because she enjoys sex, it is because she's bat shit crazy. So why do both O'shea and Rylee constantly have t ...more
Beth
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just as Rylee is making new and unexpected allies, so is the demon hell bent on taking over the world.

It is a race against the clock for Rylee, she must chose the man she loves or her lost family. Those around her know more than they are saying and it all is centering around Rylee and her decisions...the fate of the world lays in her hands and one wrong move can end it all.

Shadowed Threads had me clinging to the pages from start to finish... Shadowed Threads is an exciting, intense, sexy story t
Jessica Frances
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shadowed Threads is book four in the Rylee Adamson series. This one continues right off where book three left us, with our group still in London. Rylee needs answers from the only other tracker she’s ever met and in this story she is left only with more questions. I enjoyed the adventure of this one and the deepening of all the relationships for Rylee. I also liked that she showed some vulnerability and learned to ask for help. It is a first for her and showed her growth as well as how strong he ...more
Kitt
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 ⭐⭐⭐1/2
Marsha
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult Paranormal Mystery Lovers
(3.5 Stars)
Of all of the Rylee Adamson books "Shadowed Threads" was my least favorite. Don't get me wrong. I truly enjoyed the book; however, the plots seemed to ramble at times and I wanted more of O'Shea in this read.
The book is told from both Rylee and O'Shea's perspective. So, why did I initially state that I wanted more of O'Shea in this read? Well, bits of the story were told from O'Shea's wolfs perspective.

The story begins in Europe with O'Shea sinking deeper and deeper into his wolf's m
Danielle Khaleesi of Reading
I wanted to like this more. This series has the makings of being very strong. We have a snarky, foul mouthed heroine who is a secret softy. We have twists and turns. We have romance. But I didn't like this one as much as some others. I think it's mostly because there were a lot of random scenes. Every time I think we are on our epic journey of the book, something pops up to sideline our band of lead characters. It started getting annoying at first and I guessed about (view spoiler) ...more
Paris
Each book in this series gets more and more intense. I was on the edge of my seat throughout this book and could not put it down once I started. Rylee’s life gets crazier and crazier. She’s picking up more random allies and deadly enemies as she goes along. There were some holy crap reveals in this one too as well as some really great tender moments which I think Rylee desperately needed.

Of course Rylee was her normal kick butt, foul-mouthed self. I love that she has taken Pamela under her wing.
Sue
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes Rylee feels like Kate Daniels "Lite" to me. Her default reaction in every situation is to throw a blade and a load of snark at it. And she protects the weak, defenseless, and innocent. And the hapless and outcast are drawn to her like a magnet. And she inspires ridiculous loyalty and love from those around her. And I love her and this series for all of it.

And I'm so glad (view spoiler).
Hana
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic
This book hasn't lost all the good things and I enjoyed it very much. There were some surprising revelations (her sister as the child empress), some new characters (dragons!), and some great outcomes (Liam is back!). We will see what will happen next....
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
Aug 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: on-hold
It comes out in 4 days?!? :D Omg I am so happy right now!

I LOVE this series, I read the whole series in one day on my kindle...then loved the series so much I bought the whole series in paperback so I could have it on my shelf! I cannot wait to read this!! (:
Michelle
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Starting to get annoying and predictable
Joseph
Apr 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
These were short, so I kept trying to get through them, to get to where this series got "good" where it earned that nearly five star across the board review. The world is actually somewhat unique, so it gave me this little glimmer of hope.

I don't see it. The writing is all over the place, the characters are two dimensional at best. I just can't make myself anymore. There's nothing here. Here's the development arc in a nutshell over the last few books. (view spoiler)
Sheila Brown
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
Shannon Mayer has wooed me! I consider myself an avid reader and know a good book. I started Rylee's adventure with a free offering and a comparison to Anita Blake. That is saying something if correct, so I had to see. Since this is my forth book in, I have to say this is an incredible series!
The story goes quickly and smoothly, no drawn out dialog like Blake books tend to do. The characters are lovable and very well written into story. I hate Milly, die already! Sorry for the slip, hehe.
I was n
Heather
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series, especially seeing how it intertwined with the Elemental Series. However, I'm not so sure my teenagers would enjoy it. There is a fair amount of language and gore that even I skipped through. In addition to that there are some sex scenes to skip over, and a few crude/lewd moments that I could have done without. I understood the language was a way of distinction with the Trackers in that world, and if it hadn't been for how well done the story was I don't think I would have ...more
Amanda
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good, the action took a huge leap forward, there are many characters involved now, but the author is juggling them nicely. The "potty mouth" continues to get worse, so much that it's becoming something I'm not actually reading, my brain just seems to skip over most of it, or substitutes other words.

One thing I found annoying is the amount of grammatical mistakes in this e-book version. There have been smaller issues in previous books, but this one was overflowing with misspelled words, words le
jammastere
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This is book #4 in the series and yes you do need to start at the beginning!

In this book it feels like Rylee is moving at breakneck speed. Many things happen to her and around her. There is resolution to her search for O'Shea, her search for her sister Berget, and her training with Jack the Tracker. There are new friends and old enemies.

This was my least favorite book to date. There is a big reveal at the end but the rest of the book feels a lot like treading water. The last 1/3 or 1/4 is really
Kim
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This book wasn't half bad. Mind you it wasn't great, the editor needs to be fired, and the book takes place in Europe still... But there was a lot of good.

We get to meet Blaz.. He's a dragon, nuff said.

O'Shea and Rylee are finally back in each other's company. Thankfully.

We all kinda knew who the Child Empress was really going to be, there was no surprise there.

Rylee saves foul mouth Jack, whether the old sick Tracker actually deserves it or not.

Alex is still there and farting.. Pamela is growin
Falynn - the TyGrammarSaurus Rex
I can't help myself - I like these books even when I would rather not!

The plots are not exactly the most original in the world, Rylee attracts side-kicks like flies to shit, there are far too many people with far too similar names who pop in and out of the story, and I have already forgotten all of the prophecy stuff. Oh and Rylee always someone comes out on top, regardless of who she's fighting or how powerful she is.

Any yet, and yet, and yet... I keep reading, and I want to find out what happe
Susie
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I devoured this book. The earlier books in this series I would call Urban Fantasy. But this book is all about werewolves and vampires and harpies and other creatures. The ever present f-bomb is a main character in itself but it has tamed down a bit from the previous book. LOTS of action in this one it left me wishing the main character had a bit of down time. I enjoy these books. I would call them good "beach read" material.
Jojo
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crazy and emotional twists!

As a new fan of Rylee and her series, I have come to love every book in the series so far. This one answers some questions that have been taunting since I opened the first book in the series. I have to say there were quite a bit of twists that I definitely didn't expect. This has to be one of the more emotional books that I have read so far. I am so excited to see what happens next for Rylee and her "pack" of misfits.
Dorothea Müller
Rylee macht sich auf die Suche nach O’Shea ist aufgetaucht. Aber man macht es ihr ja nie leicht. Also wird sie noch von der Bestie von Bodmin Moor verfolgt um sie zu töten. Außerdem kommen ein paar Geheimnisse ans Licht die lieber im Verborgenem blieben sollten.

Ich liebe diese Serie und freue mich immer, wenn es wieder einen neuen Band gibt. Durch Zufall habe ich mitbekommen das wieder neue auf Deutsch gibt. Also alle gleich auf den Kindle geholt. Man steigt gleich wieder voller Action und Spann
Cindy Mathis
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I gave Book 3 4.5 stars because I felt like something was missing. I was right, it was O'Shea! The dynamic he has with Rylee is so great, without him she seems more one-dimensional. I loved the new characters that have been added and there was certainly a shocker that I had forgotten about during my first read. Off to read Book 5!
Melissa
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kick Ass Rylee Adamson!

There are no words for how much I adore Rylee. Too often I come across authors who write their heroines to be damsels in distress. Rylee is not that at all. I love that the romance is secondary. It doesn't take away from the plot of character development. I cannot stop reading this series!
Candace
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I am happy about how this book ends but I have to say the ride was painful. This series reminds me of the hollows and pretty much every other vampire or witch series with a female lead. So much stuff happens and somehow she survives, and then she discovers a new power or a new team member with powers etc. It bores me. I will read the intro of the next book but I think I am done.
Krystin
3.5 The series isn't bad. Very middle of the road for me. But I will finish it because I still need to know what all happens in Book 10 so I can move on with Book 5, Root Bound, in the Elemental series. I'm dedicated like that 😉
Katy
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love blaz

Was happy with the ending and enjoyed the dragon stuff. Lots of action as usual. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the vampire child queen storyline and the way it ended- not ended.
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Devil's Paw (Imp, #4)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Frost & Bothered (Discord Jones #4)
  • Darkness Taunts (The Sensor, #2)
  • Blood Politics (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Deceived (Gwen Sparks, #2)
  • The Wizard in the Woods (Lords of Arcadia, #2)
  • Kissed by Fire (Sunwalker Saga #2)
  • Dead in the Water (Gemini, #1)
  • Pack of Lies (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #3)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more
More about Shannon Mayer

Rylee Adamson (10 books)
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, #6)
  • Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)
  • Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)
  • Rising Darkness (Rylee Adamson, #9)
  • Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson, #10)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“The devil will tell you nine truths, so that you’ll believe one lie.” 18 likes
“Within all the darkness of my life, I had found the brilliant spot of light that pushed away the shadows
-Rylee Adamson in reference to Liam OShea”
12 likes