Start by marking “Danika's Surprise (Kingdom, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Danika's Surprise (Kingdom, #5.5)

Danika's Surprise

(Kingdom #5.5)

Danika has a secret. One that will forever alter the course of those she loves...

Want to find out what happened to Alice and Hatter after Danika dropped Trishelle off at Hook's feet?

Author's Note: This is a companion short story to the Kingdom Series. This is a novelette that bridges the Bad Five storyline to the new Kingdom Series (Dark Princess) storyline .
Published May 30th 2013 by Marie Hall Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Danika's Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danika's Surprise

Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Only a quickie but a look into Alice and Hatter as their little girl is born and the moon curse upon her.
Kathrin
I finished this short story and immediately tried to remember how much I paid for it. Honestly, saying I feel cheated is an understatement. This is not even a short story. I'm almost sure that everything that was presented in this book will also be part of the next book within the series. This was mostly a prelude to the next story - why would you publish it as a book? (Any other reason than making money?) I understand that there might be big fans of the series who are waiting for the next insta ...more
⚜️Trea
Jun 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: challenges-2014
This is a very short story meant to bridge the two series set in the fantasy world of Kingdom that the author has written. It is by no means a stand alone story and readers should have at least read Her Mad Hatter and Hook's Pan before attempting to read it. After I finished it, I was left with more questions than answers, knowing full well that I had to wade through another unrelated story before I got to finish with the events of this one, which caused it to lose a star in my eyes. It did whet ...more
Jolene Dretzka
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good, but be warned...

So, far I've loved every book in this series. This is the first one that I will not suggest you read after you've read the first five, but instead tell you that you can't read it untill you've read the first five. Warning though, it is a very short story that is meant to fill in the gap in Hook's Pan and be the backstory to Huntsman's Prey. It's almost too short and leaves you with a huge cliffhanger, but I can't hate on it for that, the story is still well written. Since
Ashley
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
That was kinda shitty Danika.
Brandy ONeal
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
very short. it lives up to the name novelette. I still love all the characters and I can't wait to read more.
Valerie A Quinn
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such q good bridge!

The perfect bridge between the kingdom and the dark princess series! What a cliff hanger, already bought moon flower! 💓
Deeann Pullman
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fairy's and tales I love

This and so many of this authors books are wonderful I love the twist she's given to the old fairy tales its absolutely amazing and I keep wanting more
Elizabeth
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
That cliffhanger though?
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
It was too short to really form an opinion.
Laura Greenwood
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: september-2014, 2014
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

Danika's Surprise is book 5.5 of the Kingdom series.

Having taken Trishelle back to Hook, Danika has to rush off in response to Alice's screams. Coming upon Hatter and Alice in a garden with Alice in great pain giving birth, Danika does what she can to help her. Once the child is born each of the fairies bless her in some way, until it gets to Danika's turn, but before she can the moon touches the baby, cursing her. Danika does what sh
Dharia Scarab
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle

4 sta
Lisa
Nov 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I really do like this entire series and the creativity this author writes putting a spin on the classic fairy tales. There are a few grammatical errors I found throughout this series that doesn't really take away from the story. However, at the end of Hook's Pan, the author wrote that Betty and Gerard's daughter was named Chrysalis Caron and in this story, Alice and Hatter's daughter is also named Chrysalis and now Betty and Gerard's daughter is Shayera. This type of mistake is confusing to the ...more
Judy
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Danika's Surprise by Marie Hall
Book 5.5 of the Kingdom Series - Short Novella (Only 5,636 words)
In Hook’s Pan, book five, Danika had been called away for an emergency in Wonderland. This book takes up with her arrival to help Hatter and Alice. A child is born but a curse it put upon her. This is just a short back story to the first eighteen years of Hatter & Alice’s daughter.

Coming in December of 2013: Book 6 - The Huntsman's Prey.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Danika's Surprise #5.5 is about Alice and Hatter's daughter being born. Their daughter ends up being Moon Touched which is a curse. It was a nice quick read and set up for another book. What will happen to Alice and Hatter's daughter?

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure
Bethany
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is meant as a prologue to the Dark Princess series. It is the story of Danika (my least favorite character in Kingdom) and the child of Alice and Hatter. The child becomes "moon touched" which is still not explained why the moon decided to "touch" her, but apparently is supposed to make her crazy (even crazier than Hatter). Still not sure if I want to check out the new series. This story was only okay because I was happy to see into Alice and Hatter's lives again.
Nickcole
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stars: 5

Overall: This was a good short story to get us interested in the next Kingdom series, Dark Princess. I actually started reading the Huntsmen's Prey before this and after chapter one i went back just so i could get a back story about Alice and Hatter's child and how the curse was cast upon her. My one and only negative is, that I wish the story was a little longer.

Page Turner: Yes

Series Cont: Yes!

Recommend: I highly recommend this series! It's very magical
Teresa Gomez
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I really liked this story and it is a great in between story for the kingdom books but it is way too short and doesn't explain enough about what is going on. I understand why this short story (novela) is written this way but it was just a little short for me. Although I loved all of the other stories in the series!
Amanda Gard
Really this was a total waste of time. I certainly hope the author doesn't charge for this. It is an unnecessary and ultimately incomplete novella whose contents could have been added to the girl's story. Although I have thoroughly enjoyed the bad five's stories, this novella does not leave me excited to continue the series. Such a bummer.
Melanie Tikalsky
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I was really curious during Hook's Pan, what the problem was with Alice and Hatter. I'm really glad the author published this short story because it is amazing,well worth the .99 cents if you are a fan of this series... it also makes me really want to read the next book in the follow up series! It can't get here soon enough!!
Relina Skye
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Danika's Surprise" is a short novella that allows the reader to witness the birth of Hatter and Alice's daughter. What should have been a sweet beginning to a little girl's life turned tragic when the moon kisses her. Ending in a cliffhanger, you will just have to read the next story to find out what will happen. I know I will.
Dawn
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This started out really good and pretty much exactly what I guessed this short would be about after I read Hook's story but then it took a left turn and I'm not sure how I feel anymore. I would Hate for her to turn out evil but truth be told, I like rooting for the redemption of the bad ones. After all, isn't that WHY I love the first 5 books in the Kingdom Series.
Marie J
This is a back story of Hatter's daughter. It brings many questions and leaves me wanting to know more, wanting to know everything.

Good thing I already read Moon's Flower since it does hint a bit at it at the very end of that story... the reason why I got this short novella since I was, to say the least, a bit confused. lol

I still absolutely love Hatter!
Colleen
Jul 25, 2014 rated it liked it
This very short novelette about the daughter born to Alice and Hatter has definitely hooked my interest into reading the Dark Princess series of Kingdom. Although it was very short and seemed to skip over many important points, I hope that these missing pieces will be fleshed out in Kingdom #6.
Judith
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it
As many reviewers have said previously this book is meant to be a bridge between one series and the next. A some what distorted version of what happened to Aurora on the day of her birth, meant to kick off the dark princesses series.
Susan Commeford
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
A nice setup...

This short story was a nice setup for the introduction to the next set of books in the Kingdom series....the imaginative retelling of our favorite stories is wonderful. I give it 4 stars simply because of its brevity.
Kelli Santistevan
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a good short story. I started reading it after I finished the other books in the Kingdom series and Marie Hall has become my favorite author. I look forward to reading the rest of this series and I will be reading more books from this author in the future.
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
Interesting and super suspenful, it will take you over the edge and leave you wanting more
Francine \
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Woah! The cliffhanger is just pure evil. I absolutely CANNOT wait for the next book in this series!
Veronica
Hooks just yummy

just as great as the kingdom books before it. it captivates you and keeps you wanting more. can't wait for Danikas Surprise to be released
  • Loving a Fairy Godmother (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #1)
  • The Passionate Queen (The Dark Queens, #2)
  • Caught by the Wolf (Blood and Absinthe, #5)
  • Beauty & the Beast
  • A Hush of Greek (Out of Olympus, #4)
  • Grimm Consequences (Transplanted Tales, #1.5)
  • Rapunzel (Modern Wicked Fairy Tales)
  • Slay Belles (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #7.5)
  • Rapunzel and the Griffin Prince (Once Upon a Spell, #6)
  • Beauty & The Clockwork Beast (The Clockwork Fairytales, #1)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Vol. 2
  • Queen Alice (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #2)
  • Prince of Seduction (The Royal Chronicles, # 2)
  • Golden Stair (Blood Prince, #3)
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • Darlings of Paranormal Romance
Marie Hall is a USA Today Bestselling author and has always held a dangerous fascination for creatures that go bump in the night. And mermaids. And of course fairies. Trolls. Unicorns. Shapeshifters. Vampires. Scottish brogues. Kilts. Beefy arms. Ummm... Bad boys! Especially the sexy ones.

Then the day came she realized apart from the sexy bad boy she married, there'd be no vampires/shapeshifters/

Kingdom (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1)
  • Gerard's Beauty (Kingdom, #2)
  • Red and Her Wolf (Kingdom, #3)
  • Jinni's Wish (Kingdom, #4)
  • Hook's Pan (Kingdom, #5)
  • Moon's Flower (Kingdom, #6)
  • Huntsman's Prey (Kingdom, #7)
  • Rumpel's Prize (Kingdom, #8)
  • Hood's Obsession (Kingdom, #9)
  • Her One Wish (Kingdom, #10)