Start by marking “Push (The Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
Push (The Game, #2)

Push

(The Game #2)

It’s either break the rules or die.

Miki Jones lives her life by her own strict set of rules, to keep control, to keep the gray fog of grief at bay. Then she’s pulled into the Game, where she - and her team - will die unless she follows a new set of rules: those set by the mysterious Committee.

But rules don’t mean answers, and without answers, it’s h
Hardcover, First Edition, 341 pages
Published June 10th 2014 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Push, please sign up.
TheFantasizer I haven't even read the book and I can already predict he will reappear soon.

Start your review of Push (The Game, #2)
Taschima
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
description

Give me more PUSH! This was a great sequel that delved deeper into the emotional battle that rages inside Miki, giving us some much needed down time between all the battles. More clues were spread around about the purpose of The Game and its creators, but the whole thing is still just as murky as before. I loved going back into this fantastical world full of high stakes, and I cannot wait for the third installment to hit the shelves.

Miki is devastated. Jackson died in her place. He had betrayed her, yes, an
Sara
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I LOVED RUSH! I can't wait for push! The titles are weird but whatever ;)

Edit:

I'm currently reading Push and man is it amazing so far, a certain someone (sorry not spoiling) is super amazing and another certain someone is being aggravating yet lovable, I mean how? I don't know but this book has a lot of twists and I'm not even half way through yet!
Danielle (Love at First Page)
The Game trilogy by Eve Silver is the perfect type to binge read. We are given a fascinating concept, a fast and perfectly paced plot, a swoony new book boyfriend, and a romance that made my heart race. I didn't really know what to expect going into this series - except that it's completely triangle free - but Eve Silver definitely has a new fan. I read these books so quickly, dying to know what would happen next and to spend more time with Miki and Jackson.

Read my full series review here!
Jazmen
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The game is deadlier, the enemy more ruthless, and the characters are just as helpless to it all as they were before. Miki and Jackson continue to fight the ruthless and eerily silver eyed Drau, alongside Luka, and their fluctuating team.

Push definitely has heart-pounding qualities and just enough romance to whet the appetite, although a little more, Miki and Jackson moments would have been great. Their relationship is being put to the test double time in book two, and now heading in
Chris
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
Push, the sequel to the meh-mazing novel Rush, is about the same thing as the first novel. So, why did I even bother with this novel, you ask? 1) I'm a big-time sucker for 2-for-1 deals (I bought it as a set with book #1, 2) I'm a glutton for punishment? and 3) I'm also a big-time sucker for cliff hanger endings, which is exactly how Rush leaves off.

Despite the teen-aged, world-saving team of Miki Jones and Co, the alien threat continues to worsen in Push. But at least her romantic life has kic
Kim
What kind of ending was that? Omgggggggg how long do I have to wait for the 3rd book??? The author is slowly killing me.
This was a fantastic sequel to the first book! 5 stars all the way. Highly recommended to everyone.
Kayla
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this sequel, the characters and the romance are just great.
Kameron B. Moore
Jul 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
Love that synopsis!!! Can't wait to read this cause I'm dying after that ending in Rush

Update: THAT COVER IS SO DAMN COOL!!!! Can't wait for this to come out!!!!!!
jessica ☾
May 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately I liked this installment even less than the first one. This series sounded so cool initially and I got such rave reviews about it from friends, but I guess it’s just not for me.
Alyssa

Book Two of The Game series
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: June 10, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

It’s either break the rules or die.

Miki Jones lives her life by her own strict set of rules, to keep contr
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
Are you looking for a series that will satisfy your need for sci-fi entertainment? Push, book 2 in Eve Silver’s the Game series, is a fast-paced story influenced by the gaming world. This book is wonderfully written and includes an amazing plot and a courageous protagonist.

The world building in Push is absolutely incredible! Eve Silver has created a futuristic world that actually seems real. Inspired by video games, this series has a setting like no other! Part of the setting for Pus
Tammie
While I enjoyed Rush and thought it was a cool idea, I didn't find it earth shatteringly great. I did enjoy it and felt it had a lot of potential to go somewhere really good. Going into this second book in the trilogy, I was hoping for more story development. Unfortunately the plot really doesn't move at all in this one. The Game, which is the most interesting thing about this series, takes a huge backseat to relationships in Push. I wanted more about the Drau and their motives, where they came ...more
Shelley
**I received this book from Edelweiss / Harper Collins in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5-4

*MY Thoughts*

Push is the second novel in The Game series. The story picks up right where Rush left off with 16-year old Miki Jones and her teammates Luka Vujic, Tyrone, Kendra, and Lien returning home from their mission to Detroit, but leaving b
Cara
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so unbelievably happy to receive an arc copy of Push, especially after the ending of Rush. This book completely blew away my expectations. Reading it was like having a constant adrenaline rush. It was so great to learn more about the way Jackson thinks and just Jackson in general. There were so many twists and turns that I did not expect. I really enjoyed the bit of insight we got on Lizzie. In general I just loved everything about this book. I can’t believe we got another cliff hanger!!! ...more
Erika
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reread 2016:
Every word that comes out of Jackson Tate's mouth is perfection. Every. Word.

Original review:

How I love this book. How I love Eve Silver. That being said, this probably won't be the first or last time I'm going to be posting about this book, or this series, for that matter. Because no matter how hard I try, I keep coming back to this book over and over again. Mainly because Jackson Tate is the love of my life.

*I will try to keep the spoilers at a minimum, but I make no gu/>Original
Joy (joyous reads)
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
So disappointing.

:/ Miki keeps borrowing trouble. Stop over thinking things, Miki. You either trust the boy or you don't. You want him to lead? Let him lead.

Also, stop whining. OMG.
____________________________________

Truthfully, I’m in awe.

I’m in awe because of how polarized my reactions were from book 1 to book 2. I remember loving Rush so much, that I didn’t wait to express exactly how much via email to the author. I don’t do that often. I don’t purposely seek out au
~Tina~
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
What an amazing world! I really just love Silver's writing style. From minute one I found myself sucked back into all the emotions and all the action and intrigued this book has to offer. It's absolutely compelling, adding and exhilarating and still every bit the refreshing and unique escape I found in the first book.

While Push may be a little bit tamed down compared to Rush, I still really enjoyed the direction Silver took with this sequel. There isn't anything I love more then heart pulsing acti
Kimberly Tate
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first book, Rush , was amazing, and the sequel was also so good! I've found that sequels usually aren't as great, as the first book has a brilliant plot, and then the second just... doesn't. But this was written to be a series, and so the plot continued, twisting and turning in unpredictable and entertaining ways. I loved it!

That said, quick notes:
-Push is written in first person present tense
-the MC is a girl, Miki Jones.
-this book contains some cursing
-Rush , was amazing, and the sequel was also so good! I've found that sequels usually aren't as great, as the first book has a brilliant plot, and then the second just... doesn't. But this was written to be a series, and so the plot continued, twisting and turning in unpredictable and entertaining ways. I loved it!

That said, quick notes:
-Push is written in first person present tense
-the MC is a girl, Miki Jones.
-this book contains some cursing
-(view spoiler) some sexual references, but they don't actually have sex, if that bothers you
-this is the sequel. If you're reading it, you probably know that already, but just in case.

Also, a warning- do not read this in a plane, after a test, or in some other situation where you can't throw the book or get another one. Because I took the first one, and then this one, on a plane, and I was so mad when I finished it...

This author is great at the cliffhanger endings.

It's quite infuriating.

It's been a while since I read the first one, but as soon as I started reading, I could remember most of the previous book, and what I'd forgotten, the book explained. This isn't one where you need to reread the first book; you can jump right in and it's fine.

The characters in this book were brilliantly developed and written, the plot was great, and the writing was beautiful. I can't find anything bad to complain about in this book (while the cliffhangers are annoying, they're a genius writing technique that this author employs very well). If you haven't read the first book, you should definitely read it, and if you have, the sequel is a must. "Good" doesn't even begin to describe how amazing Push is.

rin ( ̄ヘ ̄)	 read/watch mo dao zu shi
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAT.
*laughs hysterically*

I was going to start with a lyrical digression about today's DW episode but then I decided that I'm already crazy enough. Soooooooooooooooooo.... THE HELL IS THIS ENDING I'M ASKING YOU ??!!/''/-"!/$!/@
CLIFFHANGERS SUCK.
Well, to be honest, I sort of love cliffhangers BUT NOT IN THESE MOMENTS WHEN YOU HAVE TO WAIT LOTS OF TIME TO GET ANSWERS.
Sorry, my mind is all the caps lock mode right now.

This book was good. Really really really go
Angela
Oct 08, 2014 rated it liked it

I'm actually kind of disappointed in this book. I loved the first one so much and this one just didn't live up to the standards I had built in my mind. The ending of this book was very predictable and I saw it coming way before half way through.

The reason I'm still giving it three stars is because I love the few Jackson/Miki moments. I wish there were as many in this book as there were in the first. I would also really appreciate more Luka appearances.

I was so over hearing her complain
★MC's Corner★
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD!
NAKAKALOKA!
BOOK 3 PUH-LEASE!!! OHMIGOD!

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• DAMN! CLIFFHANGERS!!! DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON BOOKS!!! UGH!!! *banging my head*

• I love the way Push written. It was like reading a movie script, it was very detailed. So easy to make a picture inside my head.

• I adore the last part. GAME CHANGER! I’m excited. Giddy. NEXT BOOK PLEASE. I MEAN RIGHT NOW.

• I still hate the Committee and that world. I want to nuke it. I just haveSpoilers.
/>
Danny
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked it. But it suffered from the 2nd book syndrome as it was not moving much further. But I just love Miki and I love Jackson and. I adore Carly Micki's best friend!!
✨Gayatri ✨
May 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
wow!I am so done with this series! it was so boring!
Dichotomy Girl
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, ya, sci-fi
3.5 Stars
Dark Faerie Tales
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Action packed sequel that really delivered!!! It picks up right where Rush left off and is pretty much impossible to put down!

Opening Sentence: “MIKI!”

The Review:

Miki was in an accident that should have killed her, but instead she got a second chance. But nothing comes without a price and to pay her debt Miki has to play the Game. Together with a group of teenagers she is forced to fight the Dr
Jaime Arkin
Push was one of my most anticipated books coming this year. I had unexpected love for Rush last year and couldn’t wait to see where Silver took us in the next part of the story. I wasn’t disappointed.
Just as in Rush, Push is fast paced and filled with action. We’re immediately back right where Rush left us… Miki and Luka are back but Jackson for some reason isn’t with them. They know he’s still alive, but don’t know where he is and Miki is determined to find him. But before she can even start s
Kt
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

One of the most impressive things about this series is how fast paced it is, which I love as it gives a thrilling ride while reading. Yet, even more important, that frenzy pace never once got too out of hand where it would have become too hard to follow. There was just the right amount of downtime and slower moments plus character development mixed in to keep things moving along perfectly. Trust me, this is one of those books that will suck yo
Sabriena
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Ahh Push, the second book in The Game series, the sequel to Rush. This book was a bit hot and cold for me and I think expected a little bit more from it and didn't come away with what I thought I would. I thought we would get a bit more information about The Game really and learn more about the Drau and Committee but, we really didn't. We got to see the Committee again and find out that they really can't be all that trusted because they play their own type of game and it isn't that fair.
Miki an
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rush was a read that took me by surprise last year, a read that totally threw me for a loop with how much I loved it and how quickly I devoured it. I just couldn't get enough of the gaming world and crazy sci fi edge that the world Silver created bared. For someone who like me, this totally isn't her thing, I was completely blown away with how much I loved this story and wanted more.

When Push came out I jumped at the chance to snatch it up and dive right back into the alternate reali
Miki has left the game, but Jackson hasn’t come back at the same time, and while she hopes for the best (seeing as she can still remember him), she worries that she may never see him again.
What has happened to Jackson? And will Miki find a way to save him?

This was a good second book in the series, and I liked the action.

Miki d
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
PUSH advance reading copy giveaway! 1 28 Nov 04, 2013 02:23PM

• The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • The Taking (The Taking, #1)
  • The Countdown (The Taking, #3)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Meridian (Arclight, #2)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Arclight (Arclight, #1)
  • Unraveling (Unraveling, #1)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • The Prey (The Hunt, #2)
  • Article 5 (Article 5, #1)
  • The Trap (The Hunt, #3)
  • The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)
  • Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1)
  • Riverland
  • Salt & Stone (Fire & Flood, #2)
  • Reboot (Reboot, #1)
  • Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1)
National bestselling author Eve Silver has been praised for her "edgy, steamy, action-packed" books, darkly sexy heroes and take-charge heroines. Her work won the OLA Forest of Reading White Pine Award 2015, was shortlisted for the Monica Hughes Award for Science Fiction and Fantasy 2014, was listed as a 2013 American Bookseller's Association Best Book for Children and a Canadian Children's Book C ...more

The Game (3 books)
  • Rush (The Game, #1)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
“Here's my philosophy. Adopt it, and you'll make it out alive. Every man for himself. You watch your own ass. Your con goes orange? You fall back to defensive position. No heroics. And no stupidity. Got it?” 7 likes
“This all feels so familiar. Jackson said a lot of these things to me the first time I got pulled. I didn't understand any of it then. I didn't understand him. But now I do. He'll tell each of us to be selfish, to watch our own backs and no one else's, but he'll be wholly unselfish, watching out for all of us, expecting no one to watch out for him.” 3 likes