Start by marking “Invaded (Alienated, #2)” as Want to Read:
Invaded (Alienated, #2)

Invaded (Alienated #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  6,353 Ratings  ·  938 Reviews
The romantic sequel to Alienated takes long-distance relationships to a new level as Cara and Aelyx long for each other from opposite ends of the universe...until a threat to both their worlds reunites them.

Cara always knew life on planet L’eihr would be an adjustment. With Aelyx, her L’eihr boyfriend, back on Earth, working to mend the broken alliance between their two p
Published February 3rd 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Invaded, please sign up.
Emma The very basic answer is: maybe. It depends on how well this one sells.

The very basic answer is: maybe. It depends on how well this one sells.

She answers in more detail on her FAQs page. It's the last question, so you should scroll all the way down to see it.

Melissa Landers
Feb 03, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Update #2: At least a dozen people have asked me if there will be a love triangle in the sequel. O, ye of little faith. Do you really think I'd do that to you? :)

Update #1: Well, lookie there. It's a new title! The sequel to ALIENATED is now called INVADED. I like it.
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Now the tables have turned for Cara. She is the alien with all the haters. Learning to fit in at another school. It is rough but worth it to be with Aelyx. But doubts creep in as she realizes the colony doesn't seem to be all that it was promised to be. Merging two cultures isn't easy. Aelyx is also having a rough time on Earth trying to fix the alliance and handle all the death threats.

I loved all the plot developments. Learning more about the planet, its people and development. The theory of
Carla *Jen7waters*
***SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SO MANY SPOILERS***

Aw, man, I’m so disappointed with this book, I WANT TO CRY.

But let me start this review by saying Alienated was one of my favorite reads of 2013 (I got a review copy from NetGalley)--I thoroughly enjoyed it, the quirky and so likable heroine Cara, her unique voice and humor; the awkward and literally out-of-this-world-cute hero Aelyx, their delicious slow burn romance, the compelling plot and writing, and how it all comes together in this extremely enter
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Invaded has a much different feel than Alienated because it's more serious and has more strategic planning. There's more danger, conspiracy, and action.

We get to see Cara and Aelyx react to things completely outside of their comfort zones, so far from their home planets. Cara is on L'eihr, which is like a dystopian version of earth and Aelyx is on earth which is completely alien to him.

Melissa Landers did an amazing job creating and perfecting the L'eihr world and characters on a whole.
Anja
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4 ALIEN STARS*

“It's like our whole culture is based on frivolity, and I never noticed before."

I actually enjoyed this one a lot more than the previous book in this series, Alienated.
I think that's only because I was never really 100% invested into that one though. Maybe I should re-read that one, because If I recall correctly, I read Alienated right after finishing Six of Crows and that was probably a bad idea. Let's be honest: nothing can compare to that one!

The biggest downside to this book
Alyssa

Book Two of the Alienated series
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: February 3, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by a friend (thank you, Celeste!)

Summary (from Goodreads):

Cara always knew life on planet L’eih
Raye
Feb 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
February 2015?!
A preview of what I will be doing for the next year...
description
Melissa
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Sweet alien babies" Am I allowed to use that reference/quote here? Because it does involve aliens, and Katy would agree on me with this, that this book was goooooooood!

This was a stunning and strong sequel! I really liked the first book "Alienated" it had this cute, highschool, insta-lov-ish drive but with a hot alien involved. "Invaded" took it to another level. This time around we got to get familiar with L'eihr and The Way and also Cara's feelings toward this new world. Also, there was littl
Colleen Houck
I really enjoyed seeing the heroine experience another planet/culture. I can't imagine a world where there are no secrets and your every thought is immediately picked up by those around you. Scary and liberating at the same time. Even though the hero and heroine spend time apart, the romance is still there. Excited to see what happens in book three.
Andie
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

This sequel was a bit lackluster for me. It was missing a lot of the components that I originally loved in Aliented. ::sigh:: But the last 100 pages or so grabbed my attention and if there's a third book I will definitely be reading.
Gamze
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Cara'nın gülüşü aydınlandı. "En çok neyini özlüyorum, biliyor musun?" diye sorup Aelyx'in cevabını beklemeden heyecanla tamamladı. "Kokunu."
"Neyimi?" dedi Aelyx. Duymak istediği şey bu değildi. Cara'nın da ona dokunmayı özlemiş olmasını ummuştu. "Bu, benim öpüşme becerilerim hakkında pek bir şey göstermiyor, değil mi?"
"O konuda endişelenmene gerek yok. Gayet beceriklisin," diyen Cara dudağını ısırıp ekledi. "İnanılmaz beceriklisin."
Bu cevap daha iyiyd
Shannon (leaninglights)
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
A pretty solid sequel. If I had not loved Alienated so much, this book might have rated higher because it was good. But it didn't live up to the magic and spark I felt with the first one. It wrapped up really nice (Landers wasn't signed for a third book when Invaded was written) and was satisfying. The third and final book comes out in August.
Nilin Börekçi
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sanırım yazarın birinci kitabı fazla hareketlilik katmamasının sebebi, ikinci kitaba saklamasıydı. Bu ne yahu! BA-YIL-DIM! Bir günde bitti zaten ama yani çok güzeldi. Cara ve Aelyx'in ilişkileri ise çok güzel. Ayrı gezegende oldukları için, birlikte az sahnelerinin az olacağını düşünmüştüm. Ama iletişim küreleri sayesinde, onlar ilişkilerini çok güzel yürüttü.

Ve ortaya yeni yeni şeyler, karakterler çıktı. Sadece bazı yeni karakterle geldi ve gitti. Gitmelerini istemedim. O bölüm falan kötüydü be
Frankie Lovely
3 stars
Review to come

Cute and action-y

Suffers a little from middle book syndrome
Carey Corp
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-this-book
Hi readers! Full disclosure: I am one of Melissa's critique partners. However, I have been so busy with the DOON sequel that I haven't had an exposure to INVADED until the final draft.

I loved the second installment of Cara and Aelyx's story even more than book one. The world of L'eihr is a fascinating creation. I don't want to give anything away, but have tissues ready!
Britt
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
UPDATE: Moving this down a star because the more I think about it, the more I realize I did not enjoy this book as much as its predecessor.

Invaded is an exciting sequel to Alienated, a young adult sci-fi novel by Melissa Landers. Let me first say that if you haven't picked up this series, I would definitely recommend it! The books are so fun and filled with humor, amazing protagonists, and a swoon-worthy romance. The story is very unique and there are really no other books that I have read like
Veronique
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, stars-4-0

Great second instalment! Once more, the narrative is very compelling and I ended up finishing the book in just over a day.

I really appreciated Landers potentially 'dangerous' decision of keeping Cara and Aelyx 'separated' for most of the novel, but this allowed her to deal with prejudices from two apparently different points of view. As it happens, the parallels show that the two cultures have more in common than fi
Gabrielle
Overall I'm really disappointed the romance suffered a lot and the book suffered because for most of the book Aelyx and Cara were not together the romance is what this series fall back on its the greatest element. Also this book was very predictable. It did not even come close to Alienated I was bored most of the time. I just couldn't connect like I did with the first even when Cara and Aelyx reunited,the magic for their relationship was gone for me I just did not see their chemistry anymore it ...more
Elena
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Alienated was hella cute and funny and while I enjoyed Invaded I'd still say it wasn't as good.
Tuba Özkat
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bunu da bitirmişim ama işaretlememişim. Gerçekten keyifli, modu yüksek bir kitaptı. Karakterlerimiz birlikte aynı gezegende değiller, yine de kendini heyecanla okutuyor ve 'yaa tüh ya, niye yan yana değiller, sıkılıyorum' diye düşünmüyorsunuz bile.

Evet, bundan çokkkk daha güzel kitaplar okudum. Ama onlarla kıyaslamıyorum. Kendi türü, yaş grubu arasında kıyaslıyorum ve geldiği yer ortalama bir yer. Öyle öldüm bittim diyemem tabii ki, ama güzel ve kendini okutuyor.
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
3.5/5

I didn't like Invaded as much as Alienated but it was still pretty good. I liked learning more about L’eihr while Cara was living there. I also enjoyed having chapters alternating focus on Cara or Aelyx, even though at times I just really wanted to keep reading about one character. There were some things in the book that I was able to predict which was kind of annoying. The ending of the book seemed a little rushed which is partly because there is going to be a third book, United, coming ou
Petek Şeyma
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Konu uzaylılar olunca, su gibi akıp gider.
İlk kitaptan çok daha güzel olduğu gerçeğini değiştiremem. İlk kitabın sonunda ikinci kitaba duyulan ihtiyaç barizdi çünkü konu resmen ortadan ikiye bölünmüştü. Ama bu kitabın sonunda belli belirsiz bir şeyler vardı ve bu da bize 3.kitabın yolda olduğunu söylüyor bence :D
Mellissa Landers'ın yazım tarzını beğeniyorum. Çok akıcı ve hemen bitiveriyor. Kitabı okurken de pek sıkılmadım. Herşey bir anda olup bitti galiba jfjsjjdjjf tam olarak bilemiyorum ama
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
Questa serie con gli alieni continua a piacermi ...
Certo che il colpo di scena alla fine non me lo aspettavo!
Aspetto il terzo libro!
Etnik
Feb 19, 2015 marked it as to-read
I HEAR THIS ONE ISN'T AS GOOD AS THE FIRST.WHO CARES? I WILL PROBABLY ENJOY IT ANYWAY.
Lauren Stoolfire
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
As Aelyx is attempting to fix the Human - L'eihr alliance on Earth, Cara finds herself on her own (aside from her brother) on an unfamiliar planet to complete her part of the exchange, and, better yet, help develop the colony where one day she and Aelyx will make a home for themselves. Unfortunately, the L'eihr's are having a difficult time accepting even the most basic human freedoms for the colony because the L'eihrs seem to fully expect to impose their culture upon the human colonists rather ...more
Kavya_E1
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Layla
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Welcome, fellow l’annabes. My name is Layla, and I will be your guide to the planet L’eihr (and the innermost workings of Cara Sweeney’s mind). To prepare for this journey, I want you to remember the following:

-Cara, our heroine, is fiery and passionate. You know this because she has red hair. Also, she is a woman.
-Aelyx, our hero, is logical and doesn’t totally get human emotions 100%. You know this because he is a man. (And an alien from a planet where they like … bred out human emotion becaus
Lea Nolan
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I'm one of Melissa Lander's critique partners so I got an early look at this book and holy spaceships, it's fantastic! Fast paced, funny, and filled with intrigue and double crosses, you're going to love this ride! I can't wait for its release so the rest of Earth can love it too!
Angela
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Couldn't finish reading this. I want to know what happens at the end but not enough to push through the rest. Really let down.
Chelsea
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, read-in-2017
Well I'm glad I bought the third one while I was finishing this one. I don't usually read outside my normal genre, but it helps this has some contemporary romance in it even though it's pretty sci-fi based. But man I know there has to be some serious stuff coming for the third book so I really can't wait to get my hands on it.
Mentor Texts: mentor text 3 1 3 May 10, 2016 09:32AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Invaded (Alienated, #2) by Melissa Landers - Restarting December 18th 2015 34 39 Dec 23, 2015 12:32PM
Character Rating 3 27 Apr 14, 2015 07:16PM
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
  • Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
  • Reborn (Altered, #3)
  • Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
  • Forged (Taken, #3)
  • Unmade (Entangled #2)
  • Invisible (The Twixt, #2)
  • The Eternity Key (Into the Dark, #2)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • Soulprint
  • Twist (Loop, #2)
  • Untitled (Denazen, #5)
  • Astray (Gated, #2)
  • Catalyst (Control, #2)
**Receive news, updates, and exclusive excerpts from Melissa by subscribing to her e-newsletter!**

Melissa Landers writes romantic sci-fi & fantasy for teens and the young at heart. The Alienated trilogy (ALIENATED, INVADED, and UNITED) is now complete! STARFLIGHT is available, and its companion novel STARFALL releases in February. Look for THE HALF KING, first in a new fantasy duology, in 2018
More about Melissa Landers

Alienated (3 books)
  • Alienated (Alienated, #1)
  • United (Alienated, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I know how humans love. Their passion burns like a lump of sugar – quick and hot. And when the fire dies, they seek a new flame. They chase sparks instead of collecting the warmth of old embers.” 28 likes
“You'll feel better after a new pair of jeans and a triple fudge meltdown. And if that doesn't work, we'll watch Magic Mike."

Cara laughed as tears welled in her eyes. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that.”
14 likes