Start by marking “Anything But Love (Cupcake Lovers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Anything But Love (Cupcake Lovers, #3)

Anything But Love

(Cupcake Lovers #3)

LOVE IS SWEET…

For Reagan Deveraux, Sugar Creek, Vermont, and the Cupcake Lovers are a dream come true: A cozy little town where family and friends come before everything else. She’s never experienced anything like it—especially not growing up with her mother, a fickle, fame-hungry heiress. But Rae’s plan to hide out in anonymity for a year until she can claim her inheritan
Published October 1st 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Anything But Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anything But Love

Jacob Proffitt
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, romance
This was a lot of fun and just what I wanted from the next in the series. Like the previous, there's a good deal of moving around with multiple PoVs and storylines crammed in. Unlike the previous, it still felt like a cohesive narrative. That could be just that I expected it this time and thus didn't find it jarring. Or it could be that I wasn't quite as attached to Luke and Rae as I was Jayce and Rocky. At any rate, it didn't take me out of the story or break immersion—indeed, I had trouble put ...more
Saly
Super secretive heroine falls for uber playboy hero who makes no apologies for playing the field. But somehow the hero has been knocked down from his usual women loving ways. Overall this wasn't bad and it took a plot device to give the h/H a genuine chance. Both of them had misconceptions about each other that get cleared along the way.
Heidi
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I had a hard time really liking the characters. They seemed so flat. The plot was a little lackluster too. Overall, it was an okay read but I didn't love it.
Diane ~Firefly~
Not quite as good as the previous two books, but still enjoyable. I like the town and the people. Luke changed very quickly from being a playboy to being committed. I was glad to see the parents a bit more involved this time.

But Luke and Reagan just didn't click for me that much. She was so sheltered and secretive that it was annoying. And the conflict at the end was silly (her thoughts even admit there was no reason).
Annalisa Gatti
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, project-52
Another book, another day. So far I’ve read five books, which technically means that I’m ahead of schedule for the month of September. The reviews for the next books will be posted shortly. But today, I’m going to talk about Anything But Love by Beth Ciotta. This is the third book in The Cupcake Lovers Series. I heard about Ciotta’s books on an episode of NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour that they did at the beginning of the summer, dealing exclusively with romance novels.

Now many romance novels ar
Ami
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
In the previous book, the story of Luke and Reagan was foreshadowed with a love triangle, since Sam (Luke's cousin) also battling for Rae's heart, even if Rae said that she didn't have any feelings for Sam. One thing for sure, I'm glad that the whole love triangle was resolved early on, with the arrival of Harper Day (whom Sam ended up lusting). I knew that love triangle would not make me feel comfortable.

Anyway I loved this third book because of Luke, the Sugar Creek resident playboy. I knew th
Sadie
Enjoyable...enough.

2.5 stars.

This book wrapped up too quickly, the big "black moment" (otherwise known as the slightly grey moment) was easy to read right over. I seriously had to go back and be like, WAIT? THEY'VE BEEN TORN APART?

They never handle what should have ACTUALLY been the black moment (Harper must be that good of a PR person. It just POOF. Went away.

The ending was a quick, silly wrap up. The bride definitely annoyed me in that scene.

Also, there was way too much going on. If you took
Charlie McKenzie
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again another flawless book by Beth Ciotta.
This one i about Luke and Rae. Rae formally know as Rachel when she lived in sugar creek for a year, disappears after a cheeky kiss with Luke. After quitting her joke at the sugar shack and leaving her apartment Luke starts to worry so asks Jayce, his sisters boyfriend who was previously a PI to track her own and thats when this one starts off. Jayce has found Rachel, letting Luke know about her change of identity and whereabouts . Luke turns up at Rae
Ruth Ellen
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Luke is celebrating Christmas Eve with family when his friend tells him where to find a woman who disappeared from Sugar Creek. Apparently, she is a heiress who turn 25 and inherits a fortune. He goes to California and confronts her. They end up in bed. Three months later,, she shows up to start a new daycare and tells Luke she is pregnant and it is his. Read and see 👀 how they work out all the issues they have in their personal lives.
It is a change of pace book for me. I liked it but wasn't th
L.L. Robinson
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed it. It kept me interested throughout the entire story. This was the first book I read from this author.
Jessica
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
The power to pick a book mid-series strikes here and quite happy to go back to the start.
An entertaining read.
Emsy Van Wyck
Rating of five cupcakes for Beth Ciotta's Anything But Love, a contemporary romance must read. A very good friend, whom I trust implicitly when it comes to book recommendations, told me I had to read Beth Ciotta's Cupcake Lovers novels as I'd fall in love with her writing and the town of Sugar Creek, Vermont. Well, when I heard that, I quickly started to devour the novels - and just like cupcakes, they're delicious, addictive, and absolutely perfect.

First of all, may I say if you haven't alread
Margaret
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Romancing the Book
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by NetGalley for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

What a wonderful continuation of the Cupcake Lovers series. Having read book two, The Trouble With Love, and the first two chapters of this book which was at the back I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. The book did not disappoint. I picked up right where I left off and there was new depth to both Luke and Reagan/Rae/Rachel and their story. Once Rae’s upbringing was revealed it was amazing to
Gaele
Sep 18, 2013 added it
Shelves: net-galley
As my introduction to the series, Beth Ciotta has managed to catch new readers up without over presentation of old stories that would be distracting for those who have read the series. Regan, or Rae as she was known in the little Vermont town when she was off living a quiet life has much to atone for. In her retreat to Sugar Creek, she assumed a new name, and hid the realities of her life and fortune from the people she encountered and befriended. When confronted with her truths by Luke, despite ...more
Kelly Moran
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
Reagan Deveraux spent a year in hiding in Sugar Creek, Vermont--a cozy little town where family and friends come before everything--and the home of the Cupcake Lovers. She's never experienced anything like it, especially growing up with a fame-hungry, B list actress like her mother. So when she leaves Sugar Creek after receiving her inheritance, she feels lost. Now she's in a position to help the town restore the daycare center and aid the Cupcake Lovers in securing their book deal. But pub owne ...more
Kimberly
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-bookshelf

I think I might just have found a new series for me to enjoy. Lots of you know that I'm not a big contemporary romance fan but I've been reading more books in the genre over the past year and this was one of the ones I enjoyed every part of.

Anything But Love is the third installment in the Cupcake Lovers series by author Beth Ciotta, though this was my first time reading a book in the series it already felt like I was coming home to old friends. I would say over all that this book could be read
Kelly at
NUMBER OF STARS: 4
REVIEW:
Luke is the towns local playboy. Always juggling multiple women at a time. But when he hires the shy, quiet Rachel something changed for him. He really liked Rachel and after a mind blowing kiss everything changed. Luke can’t get Rachel out of his mind even if it means hurting his cousin. But when Rachel disappears from Sugar Creek everyone finds out she has been lying to them for over a year. Even knowing that Reagan (aka Rachel) lied to him Luke still can’t shake these
Pam
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Rae hid out for a year in Sugar Creek. She loved the town and people. Now she has went back home and came into her inheritance. She still dreams of the simple life in Sugar Creek. She also dreams of Luke the man she shared a kiss with. When Rae leaves town Luke isn't ready for her to disappear. When he can't get his mind off her he tracks her down. He goes to see why she lied to him and everyone else but things soon heat up. He returns home alone and still can't get her out of his mind. Rae retu ...more
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Anything But Love by Beth Ciotta

A bud into a blooming beautiful flower. Magic. Tears. A wonderfully romantic story. 5 stars.

Rachel Lacey fled Sugar Creek thinking it best to get on with her life. She was hiding there posing as a shy, without opinion, wallflower. She's been that way all her life afraid that her feelings and opinions would get trampled and used as fodder for the tabloids. Her real name is Reagan Deveraux, daughter of an infamous actress, and she is now a millionaire thanks to an i
Lisa Filipe
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Another winner for The Cupcake Lovers Series. Not only can you enjoy the main couple, but the secondary characters always bring some Wise Words and a Bit of Comic Relief to the story. I LOVE this town of Sugar Creek!

ANYTHING BUT LOVE is the story of Sexy, Charming Luke Monroe, who falls for and loses Rachel, a shy woman who was a new waitress at his bar. BUT, little does Luke know, Rachel is really Rae Deveraux, an heiress who escaped life for a while before she went on to become an heiress.

Rae
Mary Gramlich
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reagan has led a privileged but complicated life and it is about to get even more crazy. She came from money and now has inherited her trust fund but what Rae really wants has nothing to do with shopping and everything to do with following her heart. Rae went undercover in Sugar Creek for a year to find her dream and in the end found that and love to boot. The problem is the object of her desire, Luke Monroe, has a reputation that Rae is not sure he can overcome.

Sugar Creek is a successful town
My Book Addiction and More MBA
Although this book is part of the Cupcake Lovers’ series it can certainly be read alone, as I have never read any of the other Cupcake books and was able to fall right into the story. You may have more insight if you read the other books, but the writer does a good job of getting you to speed quick fast and in a hurry.

I think the overall story line was neat and a little different. The characters were realistic and fun. Luke is a hoot! He is a classic fun loving party boy and his evolution into h
Jenelle
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well, as always Beth Ciotta did not disappoint me. I love her books and I don't think she can do anything wrong. Although there weren't as much Cupcake Lovers as in the previous two books, which saddened me.. And not enough Daisy either. Haha, she's a hoot! I see a new one is coming in the spring.. Woohoo!!

Rachel disappeared and Luke is on a rant. He hires Jayce to find her.. And what does he find? An heiress, a millionaire.. and gone is the mousy lady that intrigued him with her intelligence..
Heather
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
A beautiful mix of love, adventure, and cupcakes! This is a great next book in the Cupcake Lovers series.

After mousy and shy Rachel ran away from Sugar Creek, Vermont, Luke couldn't get that life-changing kiss out of his mind... or the fact that she'd lied to him. Thanks to his sister's fiance Jayce, he was able to track down Rachel only to find that the quiet Sugar Tots school teacher was really a famous heiress and rich daughter of a socialite actress. Luke skips a major holiday with family t
Nikki Barrett
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've been enjoying Ms. Ciotta's books for awhile, and the latest, Anything But Love is another refreshing, emotional character driven book that I enjoyed.

Luke Monroe is caught off guard when he hears about a woman that lived in Sugar Creek and then disappeared. He learns that she is somebody else. Driven by emotion, he goes to see her and the events that night don't turn out the way he thinks.

Fast forward a few weeks later, and guess who makes an appearance? Yup, here comes Reagan, also known as
Sara
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a cute book. I loved Rae's multi-faceted personality and Luke was pretty fun, but I didn't like that ending. (view spoiler) ...more
Jes Jones
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I have become a fan of the Cupcake Lovers series, but when I started reading the third book - it spoke to much like the sequel that didn't need to be made. The book revolved around a small interaction that occurred in the last portion of the second book.

As I read on, I gradually became interested in the plot (being a sucker for romance novels), but I had a hard time buying into the whole idea of the mousy girl really being something way more extravagant than that. It's definitely a Hollywood mo
Amanda
DNF.

This is so painful to write because I hate not finishing books but I just couldn't do it this time. It didn't help going into it that I already had a disdain of the main couple from their previous interactions in book 2. I mean, Luke only showed interest in Reagan aka Rachel after he saw her in tight clothes when previously he self described her as 'frumpy' and 'not his type'. UGH.

Despite that, I liked the first two books and I'm a stickler for finishing series so I tried going into Anything
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Stars.

It was nice to see Luke finally fall for someone who kept him on his toes. The relationship between him and Rae made him want to be a better man and do everything he could to be the man she needed. I like Rae, especially when we discovered that heiress Rae really wasn't much different from mousy Rachel. But with the backing of the Cupcake Lovers, her friends and most importantly Luke, Rae came out of the shadow she lived her whole life behind.

My only problem with the book was the end
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Vampire Hunter (In the Company of Vampires #2)
  • Risky (Torn Between Two Lovers #2)
  • Unforgettable (The Dalton Gang, #3)
  • A Reason to Love (Snowberry Creek, #3)
  • Christmas on Main Street (Snowberry Creek, #1.5; Shelter Bay, #6.5; Cricket Creek, #5.5; Bayberry Island, #0.5)
  • Window (Paris Secrets, #1)
  • The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)
  • Cowboy's Way (Weekend Cowboys, #1)
  • Command Performance
  • Bad Nights (Rockfort Security, #1)
  • Tempting Trouble
  • You're The One (Bad Boys of Red Hook, #2)
  • Shatter (Phoenix Rising, #4)
  • Frosted
  • Unbreakable (Section 8, #2)
  • Size Matters (Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters, #2)
  • Terms of a Texas Marriage
  • Rogue's Passion (Iron Portal, #2)
Storytelling comes naturally to award-winning author Beth Ciotta. Limiting herself to one sub-genre does not. Dubbed “fun and sexy” by Publisher’s Weekly, Beth specializes in writing Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense and is published in contemporary, historical, and paranormal romantic fiction. “I can’t think of anything more fulfilling than writing stories where everyone (except the villai ...more

Cupcake Lovers (4 books)
  • Fool for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #1)
  • The Trouble with Love (Cupcake Lovers, #2)
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)