Start by marking “Expert Python Programming” as Want to Read:
Expert Python Programming

Expert Python Programming

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
This book is an authoritative exploration of Python best practices and applications of agile methodologies to Python, illustrated with practical, real-world examples. This book is for Python developers who are already building applications, but want to build better ones by applying best practices and new development techniques to their projects. The reader is expected to h ...more
Published September 19th 2008 by Packt Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Expert Python Programming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Expert Python Programming

Andreea Lucau
This is a book for intermediate level Python developers. It showed some nice examples on how to structure a project. I would have enjoyed more code examples and less info about project life cycle for example. The last chapters, containing the heavy stuff, like multithreading, multiprocessing and design patterns, were too short for the amount of information.
Alexis Tremblay
This is really a book for advanced python programming as it does not cover the language itself but everything around it. Package distribution, MRO, design patterns, project life cycle,... It did make me a better python developper.

It lost a star though because python 2.6 was still in dev when the book was written and now (8 years later) 3.6 is about to come out. About 75-80 is still relevant but it's in dire need of a refresh.

So I do recommend this book even if it's old. I learned a few things
Brian
Feb 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Python-specific parts are amazing, and I will probably be re-reading them for a while. But most of the packages Ziade mentions are out of date, having been replaced with better alternatives. That's true for some of the code as well--his singleton implementation, for example, seems dated (although that's a contrived example in Python since you should be using modules anyway, I guess). Also, the chapters on managing code, etc. are kind of unnecessary--I thought they would be more Python-specif ...more
Matvey Zhdanovich
The start was nice. I was always missing a python book addressed to people who know how to write code in other languages. I find the part of the book which tells about different libraries way less useful.
Andy Venet
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Recommended to anyone who really wants to learn Python deeply. I liked it a lot!
Christopher
Jul 28, 2010
Kyaw Yar
Jul 22, 2017
maihuu
rated it did not like it
Sep 22, 2016