Start by marking “Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3

Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3

(The Parasol Protectorate Manga #3)

Condemned by society and her werewolf husband due to a pregnancy she cannot explain, Alexia Maccon--preternatural, tea afficiando--seeks an explanation for this "infant inconvenience" so as to cleanse her sullied reputation and prove her fool of a husband wrong. Preternaturals are a rare breed and the only history of their kind lies in Italy with the Templars, a group that ...more
Published November 19th 2013 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about Soulless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soulless

Start your review of Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3
Lola
3.5 stars.

Err.

Don’t get me wrong, I liked this. Compared to the previous two volumes, though, it’s not as great.

Which is very disappointing when you think that there will be no more future volumes.

Now I did indeed like this, because when Lady Maccon is around, it’s impossible to be bored.

So I wasn’t bored necessarily, but the story is very repetitive and, unlike the two previous volumes, there doesn’t seem to be a plot per se.

The first volume cov
Lauren
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh, what a spiffing conclusion to a truly sumptuous steampunk tale!

This volume was tense and hilarious in equal measure. Although, we don't get half as much as Lord Maccon as I would have liked, we do have Lady Maccon, Madame Lefoux, Floote (love that name) and plenty of Professor Lyall (he is very dreamy!)

Having been turned out by a very headstrong Lord Maccon for apparently "cavorting with others", a pregnant Lady Maccon makes an action-packed journey to Italy where she comes to reside wi
Sanaa
[5 Stars] I loved all of these manga volumes so much! They just reminded me of how much I adore this world, the characters, and really just make me want to reread all of the books! So wonderful! I recommend all of these to people who have already read the Parasol Protectorate series!
Kim
For whatever reason, this volume of the manga felt like it skipped more of the novel than the previous two. It felt quick and rushed and less satisfying than the other manga volumes. It was still totally enjoyable and I really love the manga adaptations. They just make me want to reread the novels though.

Lots and lots of male nudity in this one. This is not a complaint.
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Steampunk, Italy, Templars, werewolves, vampires.

Full review to come.
Sheila Beaumont
The third and final volume in this excellent manga adaptation of Gail Carriger's "Parasol Protectorate" series. Too bad there are no fourth and fifth volumes, but at least this one didn't end in a cliffhanger. If you haven't yet read the five original novels, they are well worth reading.
Amber J
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

The art was of course beautiful, and as with the rest of the books I love having a visual for this story. It's to bad they didn't make the last two books as well. This book was my least favorite of the series, and still is. Alexia was treated very badly in my opinion and she had done nothing to deserve it. I do like that this story does help explain some of the questions that have formed over the series, so that is always good. This marks the end of the parasol protectant series for me. I will b

Hannah
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very rarely does the dog die and it's played for laughs.
Bekah
I am so depressed that it is over! I just marathoned the manga in one day and wish there was more! But now I can go grab the books and relive these three before carrying on to more crazy adventure! And if the books are even better than the manga, well damn! I can't wait!
Katie.g
I received this from the Little Brown Book Group as part of the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

Volume three of Soulless was witty and entertaining. Alexia travels to Italy this time, killing two birds with one stone by wishing to learn more of her heritage and to prove her stubborn, pig-headed husband wrong. This whilst being on the vampires most wanted list. Oh well, no-one said it would be easy. The plot gripped my attention from the beginning. It was fast-paced, action-packed and filled with
Lucy Crowe
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not my normal genre, but I was pleasantly surprised and have so far made my way through the entire series. This is a quick, fun read, and Carriger has created a character in Alexia Tarabotti who is easy to love. In spite of her stubborn, practical nature! Also enjoy the love of Alexia's life, who just happens to be a big, hunky werewolf. What fun! This is the sort of escape novel that you disappear into completely and only reluctantly emerge.
Michael
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The final manga version closes on a perfect note and might have me picking up the books next. Alexia runs to Italy to research the fate of the baby, and all sorts of mishaps occur, of course. It’s great fun.

I love Prof. Lyall in this. He’s a great friend and leader. Of course, we all want Alexia and Connal to get together, and to triumph over mad scientists and Templars! But the heart of the series is the relationships being built and how they keep growing. It is well done.

I loved the surprise
David
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Manga adaptation of Blameless by Gail Carriger. Alexia goes to Italy and learns more about the child she's carrying and the cliffhanger ending of the previous volume is resolved. Another fun manga adaptation of a great series.
Nico
Ahhh this was excellent!! New favourite!!

It truly left me with a good taste in my mouth and a smile on my face. My only complaint would be that it ended very, very abruptly. I was getting towards the end and getting very worried because I really didn't think they'd be able to wrap things up so quickly. I know this is from a 5 book series and there are only 3 mangas so I thought for a couple minutes there it was gonna end with a cliffhanger. I would not have been pleased. However, they did manage
Joanna (joreadsalot)
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to say that while I enjoyed reading the soulless manga as a whole I feel like I'm still missing parts of the story. Or more like the flow seems more disjointed. In this instalment I definitely felt more more than the last volume as if I was missing information. I mean the Vampires just all of sudden wanna kill Alexia? The progression into her being tolerable creature to enemy of the state came about rather quickly. The art was beautiful and I still loved all the cheekiness and wit but I s ...more
Rachel
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk, manga
I really enjoyed this manga, because it takes the very slow-paced action of the third book of The Parasol Protectorate series, and makes it much more fascinating, though I will say with a great deal more nudity than I would’ve imagined from reading the book (though this not necessarily a bad thing). I loved the “cabinet cards” in the front of Alexia and Madame Lefoux, and the middle of Conall and Professor Lyle (they are made to look like 19th century pin-up photographs).

This is the summary fro
Beth
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Still loving it! A cutesy presented series (but not lacking in the sexiness of the original books were it counts)the art is so well done, the kind where the women actually look like WOMEN and the same things goes for the men (honestly that's one of my favourite factors of this manga, the men actually look like MEN)but it still has the every so often comical face seen commonly in all mangas but all it does is successfully make you love the characters even more, loved it!

I think its a
Kate
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jenni
Volume 3 covers the third book in The Parasol Protectorate series, Blameless. I haven't read the third book since it involves a conflict between Alexia and her husband Lord Maccon and they are separate for some time in the novel. BUt I found I didn't mind that when it was in manga format because it makes it more funnier to read. Although I missed their connection and I'm angry that it took Lord Maccon so long to realize his mistake. Glad that he came to his senses.

I'm also a bit sad
Louise
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another thoroughly enjoyable instalment in a humorous, energetic and well-drawn - the artwork and the writing - series. As with the second book, it suffers somewhat from the lack of interaction between Alexia and Conall Maccon as they are apart from each other for most of the book, and the cast of supporting characters is also diminished whilst Alexia is on her travels throughout the book.

The story rolled along quite cheerfully as always, although with more switching between
Natalie
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love with the Soulless series by Gail Carriger and so love the manga.
The storyline and art work in volume three is superb and sticks very similar to the book than other adaptions usually do. REM's artwork is fantastic and I was very excited to see all the details she puts into the drawings throughout this volume and the others. It really makes the manga something special and makes the steampunkness pop out from the page.
All the characters look like what you imagined from the b
Marco
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I liked the story about the vampires and werewolves and that they are involved and accepted in the society.
At first I liked Alexia but in the second and third story she lost her silliness. That's kind of sad. Furthermore Alexia is a not a ladylike character in the first novel, but after her wedding she pretends to. I don't like it too.
However Conall is a very kind guy and I liked him from the first page to the last one.

All in all I love the novels, I don't know if you can call
Angela
Fantastic artwork. And a solid retelling of the third book.

This final book of the manga series wrapped things up nicely. However, if I hadn't already read The Parasol Protectorate series I might be a wee disappointed with the ending.

If you haven't read The Parasol Protectorate series, I would not recommend reading this manga series first. However, if you're a fan of the series these books are a blast!
Teresa
First off let me say that I'm loving the artwork for these manga editions. This particular volume is especially great. It has the right amount of danger and humor. Its been awhile since I read Blameless, which this volume is based upon, but I think it still gets the story across for someone who hasn't read the novels. I'm really loving these manga editions of the Parasol Protectorate series. They're a particular favorite out of all the manga/ graphic novel adaptations I've read.
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this! This is my favorite volume in this series, I laughed the most at this one. I love the art and I'm so glad I read this manga series. It's fun and I love the art. Gail Carriger is an excellent writer and I will definitely continue on with the Parasol Protectorate novels and I will definitely check out her Finishing School series.
Cori
What intrigued me: I have read all the books in this series and am thoroughly enjoying all of the manga editions.

What I liked: This is my least favorite book in the series, but the shorter graphic novel was much more enjoyable.

What I didn't like: n/a

Favorite quote: n/a
Valerie
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore the manga adaptations of the Parasol Protectorate. I just think the manga style captures the whimsical tone of the stories so well. As each edition is released, I go back and start with the first. If I tried to do this with the books, it would take me days. However, the mangas offer a light and quick format to visit with some of my favorite characters....over tea, perhaps?
Anneliese Stehwien
This one wasn't as faithful as the others in sticking with the original story :-/ It's 85% - 90% the same, which is still pretty darned good considering. But the previous two were much more faithful to the actual series. I realize that it had to be shortened and consolidated, but the other two novels did a better job of that and didn't compromise story. Still, very awesome :D
Wiebke (1book1review)
So enjoyable and easy to revisist the world of Alexia Tarabotti.
I liked that there are more colored illustrations in this novel. But I can't recommend the manga to people unfamiliar with the story. I had the feeling so much was missing, and I don't know if I'd be able to understand everything without having read the novels.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Emma, Vol. 06
  • Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned, Volume 2: The Ingenue
  • Clover, Vol. 3
  • Moon Called, Volume 1: Issues #1-4 (Mercy Thompson Graphic Novel)
  • The Queen Is Dead (The Immortal Empire, #2)
  • The Dragon Men (Clockwork Empire, #3)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 8 (Library Wars: Love & War, #8)
  • Lady Mechanika Vol. 2: The Tablet of Destinies
  • Walking Your Octopus: A Guidebook to the Domesticated Cephalopod
Gail Carriger writes comedies of manners mixed with paranormal romance (and the sexy San Andreas Shifter series as G L Carriger). Her books include the Parasol Protectorate and the Finishing School series. She is published in many languages and has over a dozen NYT bestsellers. She was once an archaeologist and is fond of shoes, octopuses, and tea. Join the Chirrup for sneak peaks of upcoming gigg ...more

The Parasol Protectorate Manga (3 books)
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1 (The Parasol Protectorate Manga, #1)
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 2 (The Parasol Protectorate Manga, #2)