Start by marking “Who, What, Where, When, Die (Avery Shaw, #1)” as Want to Read:
Who, What, Where, When, Die (Avery Shaw, #1)

Who, What, Where, When, Die

(Avery Shaw #1)

Avery Shaw is having a bad week. First, she had to cover a story on a barricaded gunman who likes to dance naked in his window. Second, she's receiving death threats with her morning newspaper. Lastly, and most importantly, her mom keeps vetoing her outfit choices.
It's all in a day's work for this hardworking, if easily distracted, reporter.
Avery Shaw is hot on the trail o
Published August 17th 2011 by WinchesterShaw Publications

To ask other readers questions about Who, What, Where, When, Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who, What, Where, When, Die

Sharon Stevenson
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-freebie
'Who, What, Where, When, Die' is the story of Avery Shaw as she goes about her daily life as a reporter. She has to get her story, even if it means dealing with her cop ex-boyfriend and hiding that she's getting death threats.

Avery is a fantastic character; she is convincing as a gamer geek who dresses casually in retro movie t-shirts, her family are nuts and she is amusingly sarcastic. She's just so believable and real.

I had expected more of a dark mystery story for some reason but this is ver
Tom
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Avery Shaw's life is anything but boring. How can it be when the mother of a naked, armed man, dancing to Eminem, dumps coffee on her cute martini-emblazoned flip-flops?

It only gets better in Amanda M Lee's "Who, What, Where, When, Die," the first installment in what I hope is a long series of Avery Shaw novels.

Avery is a reporter for the Macomb "Monitor." Macomb is a suburb of Detroit, and it has seen better days. The government is always broke, and rife with corruption, and many of the resid
JadeShea
Avery Shaw is a mess in most peoples standards. She is selfish, cares more about herself, and doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks. When she meets a new guy and is attracted to him things start looking up, until her ex starts paying more attention to her again, and she doesn't know who to pick. Then there is the fact that she is being threatened, and someone seems to want her dead.

This book was okay. It really wasn't a great story, but it was nice to pass the time with, and very funny with a
Bob Boze
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
This review is by Bob Boze on behalf of Truth About Books

Who, What, Where, When, Die is listed under Cozy, Mystery, Suspense. I need to tell you that I’m not sure that it fits any of these categories. I also need to tell you that I am a rabid fan of Amanda’s Wicked Witches of the Midwest Series.

For both of these reasons, I was extremely disappointed in Who, What, Where, When, Die. That disappointment started with the title, which makes no sense and gave me absolutely no clue as to what this book
Tanya Schaub
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum stories than you are a fan of the Avery Shaw stories by Amanda M. Lee you just haven't read one yet. If you had you would be running out to find all that she has written and would be devouring that too (ok well I did).

What is a snarky, Star Wars loving, reporter to do when a story seems to fall into her lap. Well research it and do what she does best. But, this time she seems to be part of the story as she is getting death threats. Now this is
Darcysmom
Jun 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Avery Shaw is a wise cracking, nerd extraordinaire newspaper reporter with a knack for finding trouble.
I loved how snarky Avery was. I could believe in the crazy situations she found herself in because I found her very believable.
I laughed out loud and read several parts aloud to my husband. I will definitely be reading more of this series.
Karen Beg
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good read

I have quite a few Amanda Lee books. I really enjoy them all. This is my first Avery book. I liked them so much I will be reading them all. These are fun quick reads!
Renee
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
This book weas okay. Not fantastic, not awful, just okay. While I love Lee's writing when she's writing about the Winchester Witches, I'm not loving it coming from Avery Shaw. I'm willing to give another Shaw book a try but I'm not falling over backward to do it.
Lyndsey
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Couldn't put it down! The main character reminds me of myself and some of the smartass things that come out of my mouth. Although I don't have hunky guys chasing after me. Can't wait to read more!
Hayli Silber
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not her best

I read all the midwestern witch series and those were fun. I found Avery Shaw to be completely irritating and juvenile. And the story was very slow. I normally like to read everything by an author. But I'll skip this series.
Carole J Haley
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this author!

I have read almost all her books and can't wait for more. She makes me laugh out loud, makes me love her snarky heroines and keeps me entertained. I wish she had a lot more books out there. I can't seem to get enough! Keep writing, girl!
Dana Rasmussen-Jenness
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another good book

Amanda Lee is such a great writer and story teller. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Twyla Meeus
Dec 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
For a mystery book I expected more of an actual mystery. The book was more about Avery dealing with all the guys she admires and all the ones she can't stand than an actual mystery. Her character and personality made me roll my eyes often as I read the book. Her personality and likings seem too forced. Her nerdlike personality seems to be what this book is most focused on, making it very clear to everyone reading that a book can also be about a female star wars fan. It is just so forced that it ...more
Gina
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny

This first book in the Avery Shaw series gives a great introduction to the characters. Avery is a Star Wars loving newspaper reporter with a big attitude and a big mouth. These attributes tend to draw attention. Some wanted in the form of two hotties. Some unwanted in the form of nerdy teens and stalkers. Throw in some crazy relatives and coworkers and you have an easy read that will make you smile and maybe even LOL.
Shawna Owens
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new series to start reading

As a huge fan of Amanda Lee and her Wicked Witches of the Midwest series, I am just getting around to her other series. Since Avery Shaw is the last in her series I had left to try I decided to go for it. I always enjoy and. Lee’s writing and this did not disappoint. I am looking forward to the rest in the series.
Aditi
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall the author was too conscious of the concept that she was snarky. It was mentioned a lot in the sense that she was not going to apologize for it but it was mentioned too much.

I will give the next book a shot because I know this was the author's first book ever and I love her series with the Winchester family.
Heather
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would never have thought that this was a debut novel

I have read other series by this author. Love them all. The most amazing thing to me is that her main characters (Avery, Bay, etc) are all so different. Yet, I find myself identifying with all of them. I'm glad there is more to this series. Hurrah for kindle unlimited.
Sheryl Smith
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
No real mystery here

Avery Shaw is a likable character. She is flip, sarcastic and irreverent, but still a sympathetic character. The only mystery in this book is who is trying to kill her and why.
Diana Canter
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the read

I like it when an author can take me to another place. Was not sure at first if I was going to enjoy the series but came to like main character. She was pretty grating at first.
Carla
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Avery Shaw Book 1

Avery Shaw might not be for everyone but I positively love her. She doesn't take crap off anyone and she stands up for herself. My kind of lady. I can't wait to read the next book.
Bette
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
It was okay. Since this is the first book of a series there were many characters to be introduced and most are quirky just for the sake of quirky. I'm not sure I like the character Avery. Light-weigh chick-lit with a clever mystery. Fast-paced and easy to read.
Rebecca Dowd
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EASY

That is what happens when you read the series way out of order. It was very interesting to find out how relationships came to be. She is the first heroine that you love to hate that I have read about.
Krystal Smith
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. The snarky humor was enjoyable,
Diane Spurlin
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

I love this author. While I can tell this is one of her first novels I can see she is going to be good.
Stella Bradfield
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Avery Shaw

I think you need to give Avery some good sense when it comes to men. Not all going to bed with them.
Michelle
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book

You people should just read this book yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourself and I really enjoyed reading this book very much so. Shelley MA
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice change of pace. Love all the Star Wars references, among Avery's gaming prowess. A fun laugh out loud read. Doesn't hurt she is dealing with two potential suitors.
Anne H Zaner
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Catchy

This story kept my attention. I was hooked and did not want to put the book down till I finished.
Ruthanne Brownlee
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Avery Shaw sticks again.

Good read andyadayadayada had a had a had a fun plot and you still want more.now you want 2 more words
Sue
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny! Having grown up in Michigan, I got all the regional jokes and believe I met most of the characters. Can't wait to read the rest of this series.
  • Cure or Die
  • A Violet March (Samantha Rialto #3)
  • Prosecco Pink (Franki Amato, #2)
  • A Masquerade of Saints (Saints Mysteries #3)
  • Gone Haunting in Deadwood (Deadwood, #9)
  • Sunken Seas (A Rowan Gray Mystery, #4)
  • No Experience Required (Summer Rains, #1)
  • Chalk Lines and Lipstick (Maren Colepepper Mystery #1)
  • No Regrets (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #10)
  • The Hitwoman and the Sacrificial Lamb (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #11)
  • Snowflake
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Brash Blonde (Marty Hudson Mysteries Book 1)
When I was a kid, I was torn between whether or not I was going to grow up and be the Incredible Hulk or Wonder Woman. I flirted with being a Jedi Knight for awhile, but I wasn't up for the intense travel associated with the gig. In my teens, I settled on being a writer -- although I had no idea the effort that would entail.
Not only am I a writer now, but I'm a writer in several different mediums.

Avery Shaw (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • If It Bleeds, It Leads (Avery Shaw, #2)
  • Buried Leads (Avery Shaw, #3)
  • Shot Off the Presses (Avery Shaw, #4)
  • The Preditorial Page (Avery Shaw, #5)
  • Misquoted & Demoted (Avery Shaw, #6)
  • Headlines & Deadlines (Avery Shaw, #7)
  • Misprints & Mistakes (Avery Shaw #8)
  • Bylines & Skylines (Avery Shaw #9)
  • Off the Record (Avery Shaw #10)
  • Unwritten & Underwater (Avery Shaw, #11)
“Truth be known, crazy as they are, I like my family. They're entertaining and no matter how bad my life is at the time, their lives are always worse.” 0 likes