Start by marking “E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality” as Want to Read:

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  6,042 Ratings  ·  501 Reviews
Don’t face reality. Create reality!       E-Squared could best be described as a lab manual with simple experiments to prove once and for all that reality is malleable, that consciousness trumps matter, and that you shape your life with your mind. Rather than take it on faith, you are invited to conduct nine 48-hour experiments to prove there really is a positive, loving ...more
Published January 28th 2013 by Hay House Insights

To ask other readers questions about E-Squared, please sign up.
Anda I don't think so. I think as long as it's completed, even ahead of time, you can jump on to the next. The point is to learn each lesson by practice.

Olwen
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Experiment one: Worked! Asked for a tangible item within the time frame. Got it!

Experiment two: Very funny! Saw more green cars than sunset beige (exactly what I believed would happen). Saw butterflies on the side of a bus going past me, and had a yellow butterfly flutter in front of me as I sat in the winter sunshine - unexpected!

Experiment three: Still learning how to use the dowsing wands....

Experiment 4: whoa baby! Manifested what I wanted to happen within 48 hours, although I had allowed on
Debbie "DJ"
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really do believe that my thoughts play a big part in my reality. This book however, was nothing more than a rehash of "The Secret." I did try the first experiment, which was unsuccessful. Many my think I was not open enough, or negative thoughts intruded. There is a lot I find fascinating about this world, so much I will never understand. I love the mystery of it all. This book is just not for me.
Lani
Jun 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-help
I was intrigued by the title and the $2.51 price. The closet geek in me was excited to try the 9 experiments that would “prove” to me that the law of attraction exists and works for ordinary people.
The first 15% of the book explains how and why the law of attraction works. The author gave examples and stories of wonderful results. I went from being curious to full of anticipation by the time the experiment section made its appearance.

And so began the experiments:

Experiment #1 called “The Dude A
Eva Czmer
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely fantastic book! Unless you have been living in a cave then you have been exposed to the concept that your thoughts create your reality and there are at least a million books out there now devoted to the subject. Yawn. What makes this book different is that Pam Grout has been around the block several times now and has lived her life, she has studied spiritual concepts for several decades and has been using the "experiments" in her own life to achieve results. She writes in a ...more
Donnaleigh
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Well, this book was a bust for me. I'm over halfway through. The first 3 experiments bombed. While I do believe our thoughts can create our reality, and I do believe positive/negative thought can bring in positive/negative perception of reality, and that confidence can create a more active risk-taker (and therefore a better "accomplisher,") I'm not really jiving with the whole Law of Attraction thing. A lot of this stuff is rehashed from The Secret (which I did not like for many reasons), What t ...more
Michael
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!

I will now be sharing it with anyone with an open enough mind to give it a shot.
I'm here to tell you that I started reading this book because, even though I was a believer, I still had doubt here and there.
So I gave this gem a try, and boy I'm here to tell you that I no longer have any. Every experiment that I attempted worked. The majority of them were proven in less than 48 hours. And those that did surpass that, only took about an extra day or two.

The most fantastic experiment fo
Sarah Louise Leach
Aug 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
This should actually be subtitled " The book of moron". Total rubbish, I hope she soon experiments by asking the universe for somebody to slap her for publishing her ridiculous interpretation of quantum mechanics. US self help crap at its worst.
Katrina Miller
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Grout has written an amazing book on LOA. I have been following this since The Secret came out in 2006. What separates her book from the others are these easy to follow experiments that prove that The Universe is really shaped by our thoughts.
Every single experiment in this book worked for me. Here are my results:

Experiment One: (Results) My boss bought my lunch today. I also had to pick up my brother from his work at Applebee's. His manager wanted him to stay an extra hour, and I guess he
Honoree
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: success-reads
This is THE book to read if you've been wondering how to become a manifesting success story. I've read The Secret, all of the works of Catherine Ponder and Florence Scovel Shinn and I could manifest ... sometimes ... but not every time. Pam put me in the driver's seat and the past few days have been nothing short of miraculous! I noted 7 different amazing happenings in just the first 48 hours. Having fun and looking forward to more. Thanks, Pam!
Laura Masciarelli
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For the very first time, this book made me wish my blog had a huge following. I think everyone should read E-Squared. Although it’s not specifically written for teens, any young adult would love it. In 157 short pages, your mind will be set spinning in a new direction. It will bring you to a place you had never noticed existed. Most importantly, it will open up a whole world of new possibilities.

Yes, your thoughts create your reality-blah, blah, blah. You’ve heard it over and over without it mak
David Marlow
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book claims that it is new and revolutionary, but hey; in fact it's based on the doctrine of the "New Thought" movement, which began at the end of the nineteenth century. Possibly I have read too many books on quantum physics, metaphysics and the rest. This book does not do it for me. This book focusses on a particular technique to achieve success,finally ending with a related experiment; The outcome 48 hours later we are supposed to experience positive results.

Well I tried the first exper
Travis Healy
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book "The Secret" deals with The Law of Attraction. The biggest problem with that book is that it doesn't tell you how to activate TLOA with specificity.

Having studied the higher levels of the martial arts for many years, I have been trained in accessing the intangible levels of engagement using the mind and Pam Grout's book E-Squared delivers on "the how" to activate TLOA exceptionally well. The best I've witnessed thus far.

I've read it, applied the exercises and it works. For those interes
Natacha Pavlov
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it

I found out about this book through the Hay House Facebook page, which revealed the e-book was priced for less than $3.00 for a limited time. Since it’s a topic that interests me and seemed like an easy read, I took the plunge. Indeed, it was a quick and pretty fun read, even if I sometimes felt ambivalent about the author’s statements about God and/or the ‘FP’ as she calls it (field of potentiality). It has insightful information—or ‘reminders’ for those already knowledgeable in the subject—and
Myra
Oct 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandonded
I already have proof that my own thinking affects my personal reality, but I take issue with this type of "magic" thinking. What comes to me does because I focus on it and make it happen, not just believe it will - nothing mystical about it... Just lots of time and practice. There's a distinct line for me between believing something will happen because of positive thinking and making things happen by changing negative thought patterns. As humans, we are capable of amazing things but pretending t ...more
Heidi The Hippie Reader
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I first experiment REALLY worked for me within the time frame allotted. I was surprised and shocked by how the test fit every parameter I set up for it- literally, my results matched every one of my requirements. This book is exciting and eye opening. I haven't tried all of the other experiments yet, but I'm in the middle of another one of them. You guys have got to try this book...
Shiloah
Apr 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
No, just no. This woman gets on my nerves with her negativity. That aside, I cannot and will not listen to/read such disrespect for God. She is NOT someone I would consider an authority on energy medicine or the Law of Attraction. Back to the amazing Bob Proctor....
Noémi
Mar 22, 2015 marked it as unfinished
Instead of a wordy review I will give you short accounts on the experiments. If you've read the book, it might be more entertaining to read. If not, then do yourself a favour and get at it.

(1) Experience the Presence of the Force. Sounds quite Star Wars-ish, huh? Well, in 48 hours I was Princess Amidala then. And this is what happened: They were giving away massive Nutella pancakes at the office cafeteria for free (so random) and over the weekend my washbag, my bed, my suitcase, my everything wa
Katherine
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
I agree with the author about how our lives is directly related to our preceptive of reality. That we should have a positive thinking and believe that we can do what we set forth to. But not everyone can be what they want no matter how much they wish for it or imagine they can. You still have to have talent and luck. Not everyone can be the best. There is always someone better than you. I feel the author over simplified things. If we think positively about it long enough, then we will get what w ...more
Ann Phelan Phelan
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well, I do love her humor and tried the experiments and well, as I suspected, I can manifest my desires...laws of attraction !!!
Crystal Harmon
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I've always been fascinated with the law of attraction. I believe that it works in some cases, for example if you're thinking positively about wanting more friends in your life, then your being a positive person will attract more people to you than if you were depressed and negative because you think people don't like you. People don't usually want to be around negative folks. If you believe that you can accomplish a goal, you have a much higher success rate than someone who doesn't think that t ...more
Paul
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
This book covers some interesting themes treated by Napoleon Hill and many others for many decades already.

The basic premise is as Hill would say time and time again: "Thoughts are things."

Our reality is forged by our thoughts.

It is not about optimism nor positive thinking although I see reviewers treating it as such.

The experiments are not as "scientific" as the author suggests. The subjective power of seeing "what you want to see" is powerful. That might seem against the theme of the book but
Sonja Lewis
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
E-Squared challenges the reader to reconsider fundamental beliefs for positive change. Nothing wrong with that, though uncomfortable at times. But often a good read, fiction or non-fiction, pushes the reader to think outside of the box.

The box, if you will, according to Pam Grout, might be what it is stifling. Excellent job in painting a picture of a better world. Even a skeptic might buy-in.

Good practical application for those searching for rather fast results, proof if you will, but a bit ov
Kristy McCaffrey
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book to help rethink one's view of the Universe. If you liked "The Secret" then this book is a natural extension of that idea. We all have access to the field of potentiality, meaning that our thoughts create our reality. Ms. Grout does a fine job of putting it all into perspective, along with a dose of humor. This book is a fast read but it will take time to perform the 9 experiments she suggests. Some worked better than others for me. I fully acknowledge that my own inner restraint ...more
Jim
Jan 31, 2015 rated it did not like it
I firmly believe that your mindset or mindframe determines a lot about your life. And I am nothing but open-minded. But I was very disappointed in this book. It outlines several "energy" experiments to prove how your thinking can determine your life.

I tried several, and none of them worked for me. Though, I did not try the dowsing rod experiment.

Of course, they do tend to be very general. If you ask for a blessing, what is the likelihood that something good will not happen to you in the next 48
Caitlin
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I admit to being skeptical at first, but there really is something to this. Where this book succeeds is that instead of just giving out platitudes (cough, cough... The Secret... cough, cough), it's actually more of an instruction manual with experiments that show you how your thoughts, perceptions, and attitude impact your life. Just when I had given up on one experiment and actually said out loud that it wasn't working, what I asked for in my intention happened in that very moment. I'm going to ...more
Alok
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is a bit unrealistic and the experiements are surreal and difficult to implement. It site the bizarre experience of individual and make it the rule of the day and encourages other to try the same. It indicates that if one try, the same can be repeated as a matter of fact. There is an element of uncertainity on what is being projected. However the book is inspirational and has some good quotes to be read and implemented.
Anna Seeger
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I saw on Facebook, Louise Hay recommended this book as well as Wayne Dyer, so I took a chance an bought it.

The book took examples of the ability to use your energy and put them in to an experiment format. Very creative...

I very much liked this book
Michael Heath
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you believe that thoughts create reality, or even if you don't, this is a very good read. While "The Secret" may open you up to the philosophy of "Law of Attraction", Pam Grout teaches you how to prove that it works. I have read many books on this subject and i consider one of the best ones.
Susie
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn't get a lot of results from the experiments (though I know many have), but it didn't bother me. Because this book is *chock full* of wisdom and inspiration about what is possible. I found that every other page I was going "Yes! YAS!! SO TRUE!!" It includes examples of people who have created something from nothing merely because they felt it was possible - people who didn't allow themselves to think "I could never do that," or "I can't risk that because I might fail." The book also cites ...more
Becca
I listened to the audio version during a road trip, and love it enough that I'm going to buy a physical copy. The book is comprised of nine 2-day experiments on manifesting things in your life, and I want the detailed instructions written out and the 'lab' sheets, to track progress and make notes on.
Definitely one I'll be re-visiting.
  • Heart Thoughts: A Treasury of Wisdom
  • Daily Love: Growing into Grace
  • The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles
  • Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
  • Jump...And Your Life Will Appear: An Inch-by-Inch Guide to Making a Major Change
  • Leap of Perception: New Attention Skills for the Intuition Age
  • Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
  • Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself
  • Nothing Changes Until You Do: A Guide to Self-Compassion and Getting Out of Your Own Way
  • The Psychic Pathway: A Workbook for Reawakening the Voice of Your Soul
  • Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear Into Vibrance, Strength, and Love
  • The Top Ten Things Dead People Want to Tell YOU
  • Awakening Shakti: The Transformative Power of the Goddesses of Yoga
  • Sacred Space: Clearing and Enhancing the Energy of Your Home
  • The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • Dreams, "Evolution," and Value Fulfillment, Volume One: A Seth Book
  • Living with Death and Dying
Pam Grout is the author of 16 books, three plays, a television series, and two iPhone apps. She writes for People magazine, Cnngo.com, Huffington Post, and her travel blog, www.georgeclooneyslepthere.com. Find out more about Pam and her out-of-the-box take on life on her website: www.pamgrout.com.
More about Pam Grout
“Whatever you focus on expands,” 18 likes
“Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.” 10 likes