Start by marking “Fresh Tracks” as Want to Read:
Fresh Tracks

Fresh Tracks

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  583 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Seven women, seven days. A lot can happen. There are three things that Amy Forrester loves most in the world: Jo, her wife of fifteen years; spending time with her closest friends; and her cabin in the woods. What better way to spend the week between Christmas and New Year's than having all three! When she invites her three best friends to join her and Jo in their mountain ...more
Published November 13th 2006 by Bold Strokes Books (first published November 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fresh Tracks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh Tracks

Kara
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a FANTASTIC and joyous book! I really wish I could spend this New Year’s Eve with these wonderful women!

Seven women, some in long-term relationships, not all going well, and some single, not necessarily of their own choosing. Despite the potential drama and excessive angst, this book just WORKS! The characters are all so likable! The mistakes some have made don’t diminish the essential goodness of the women.

I really enjoy books with realistic romance, lust and HEA endings. This book has rea
Jess
This book got away from me a little. I wanted to finish it right around the end of the year because it is a holiday/New Year's-themed story, but I got busy with Christmas when I had about 50 pages left and didn't pick it up to finish until the end of January.

Fresh Track has a gorgeous winter setting in upstate New York that makes me feel right at home here in chilly Minnesota. In fact, the reason I chose this book was Lesbians in Cold Places book list featured on Danika's Lesbrary YouTube channe
Lexxi Kitty
7 lesbians ranging from mid twenties (I think directly in the middle at 25) up to 50 (most in 40s, one at 33, another at 45, another at 50, and I believe the others are in the 40s somewhere) meet at a couples 'cabin' in the woods on 75 acres in Upstate New York.

Everyone and possibly the dog have a point of view in this book (okay, there's one passage that could be stretched to be from the dog's point of view but probably wasn't actually). And while there were helpful little subsection headings
M
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-books
I have to admit I have a major crush on this author for her consistently excellent books.

This keeps to some well worn paths, but manages them so well that you can sit back and enjoy the characters and settings in the sure knowledge that you will not be disappointed in the end.

Read all of this authors books!

Pin
So far, Fresh Tracks is my favorite book by the author. Great read, engaging characters...
Heidi
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian, romance
It's a good story. The characters touched me and I'm glad Molly and Kristin worked things out. The way Sophie and Laura eventually had sex was a bit surreal for me, where did that come from?!
Oh and do dogs really eat scrambled eggs and rice?
It's a good book, but eye-rolling was done.
Aly
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novels
I originally decided to buy this book based on the fact that it won the Lambda Literary Award in 2006 for Best Romance. I was not only pleasantly surprised by the Georgia Beers’ humor but also her prose. Her characters are individuals that I came to love and respect. They are flawed but not overly so and their struggles are not only relatable, but also so interwoven into the story that I found myself believing in their existence. Her sense of romance and timing lead me to question how strongly s ...more
Ronald Wise
Jul 22, 2011 rated it liked it
This book won the 2006 Lambda Award for Lesbian Romance, and the category was definitely appropriate. Like my past experiences in the presence of groups of Lesbian friends, I observed their relationship dynamics with interest, and was quite sure that drama would develop eventually. Beers tended to over-explain her characters and over-state their motivations. I found the erotic scenes overly detailed and drawn out, but then I'm not part of the book's target audience.
Raven
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
I've read this before. I was rather disappointed then and I still am now. I was really rooting for Molly and Darby to get togther even though Darby is punk that doesn't know shit about relationships... I really didn't like Kristen's character. Officially stating if I was Darby and everybody else was getting it on, especially the woman I loved, I dont think I'd be as cool about it as Darby was...
Jo reece
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good read. Must read more of hers.
Jane Doesnt
May 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sandra Gray
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!

I love the story in this book and it kept your interest till the end. I would love to see part two of this book and to know where their lives went from here. Maybe Darby did settle down and make a life with someone instead of one night stands.
Cynthia
Apr 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, queer
I always try to finish a book, but I could not get past the 20% mark with this one. I was bored and I couldn't stand the heteronormativity of those lesbian couples (how ironic). And seeing as some reviews mention cheating, I'm glad I stopped.
Becko
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt
Took a while to get into the story but once I did I enjoyed the story line thoroughly and hope maybe there is a follow up story on some of the characters.
Catherine
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I am a big fan of Georgia Beers and continue to enjoy the variety she brings to her books. I liked the blend of characters that were in this book where they are in different stages of their relationships (15 years and happy, 7 years and struggling, single and recovering from previous relationships, player). It brought a different look to a romance book for me. She did have some twists in the book where you were thinking down one path but later with more information fi ...more
Isabelle SIMONET
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am going to be very fast and especially very clear: with the books of Beers I wouldn’t bother to make a review of each of her books. You can go there with your eyes closed, everything is good, her writing, her stories , her characters, everything. Go ahead, read Georgia Beers without hesitation !!
Yoly
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seven women, seven days. A lot can happen.
From that first line I thought more things would happen. Not saying enough didn't happen but that line had me waiting for some kind of big bomb. But it doesn't matter. This is yet another great story by Georgia Beers. Very short at only 240 pages which was exactly what I needed as a weekend read.

I say the same thing with every Georgia Beers novel I read and I'm going to have to say it again: Georgia Beers never disappoints.

Would love to read a sequel of
Amy
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Georgia does a great job of character development - I think this helps with getting really into the story line and becoming attached to the characters in the book. (This is the 2nd book of her's that I have read and I feel that they both were similar in this way.) Aside from one part of the plot that I feel could have used more of a resolution, I am really happy with this book! I am still thinking of it a week later! I would recommend this book and author.
Ashley Roque
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love the idea of how hard it is to come home. Many lesbians can relate, on a deeper and more personal level of growing up under the gaze of a town that loves you and sort of uses that love to shape who they think you should be. Going home can be hard when you must go home without being the girl they watched grow up right before their eyes.
Ashley
Mar 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lesbian romance lovers
I loved this novel. It was really great. It puts emphasis on the fact that some things happen for a reason. Also I was able to relate to Darby on the fact of being in love with someone you can't have. It sucks big time. But at the same time you if you really love and respect that person, you will be respectful of what is already there.
Molly Westerman
The elements that I enjoyed in this book--and there were enough that I bothered to finish it--never really overcame the sentences themselves. I found the writing stilted, not very trusting of readers (lots of telling & explaining), and just neither stylistically amazing nor transparent enough to be quietly competent in the characters' and plot's background.
Kirsty Morris
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. An easy read, with characters you can relate to. I recently discovered Georgia Beers as an author and read every one of her books within a couple of weeks! They are all well written and easy to lose yourself in. Refreshing to find some lesbian fiction that isn't just erotica!
Allyson
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really good book, however, I dislike that it is written in the third-person. Don't read it unless you are into lesbians. It also involves 'typical lesbian drama' which, unless you are a lesbian, you will not understand.
Gill
Jul 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2007, month-04
Enjoyable tale of a group of friends spending the holidays together. Best of Beers' that I've read so far.
Tess Taufer
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well written, great characters.
Anna
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not her best, but still decent.
Jade Zex
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
I was pretty disappointed with this story. The only character I really like was the dog.
Swetha Chodavarpu
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
For Kristin :)
Susanne
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ff-fiction
Another engaging story about relationships and friendship written by Georgia Beers. The story is told by seven women, a format I usually don't like reading, however, this has been written so well...
Heidi
  • Conquest
  • Love in the Balance
  • The Wild One
  • The Candidate
Lambda and Golden Crown Literary Award-winning author Georgia Beers lives in Rochester, New York. She has been writing for as long as she can remember, and published her first lesbian novel in 2000.
More about Georgia Beers